I Love You, Even Though You Haven’t Heard My Confession

Unspoken Words

Jae Jin’s POV

“Close your eyes.”

Wae?”

“Just close it. You’ll see.”

Nicole did as she was told and I crept up behind her. I reached into my front pocket and took out the necklace which I had bought for her.

Gently, I hung it around her neck and locked it safely.

“You can open your eyes now,” I told her.

Her eyes flew open immediately and she looked down expectedly.

“Jae Jin-ah, is this really for me?” she asked as she the silver necklace which hung beautifully around her neck now.

“Do you like it?”

“I love it! It’s really pretty. Thank you!” she threw her arms around and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Don’t lose it okay?”

Anyo. I won’t let it out of my sight.”

“Nicole...”

Nay?”

“Are you happy with me?”

She nodded.

“I am. You’re the first person to make me feel this way, it’s really special.”

“Saranghae,” I whispered into her ear.

I could tell she was blushing furiously even though she was facing the other direction.

“Saranghae, Jae Jin,” she replied softly.

I tightened my grip around her, not wanting to let her go; at that exact moment especially.

My tears were threatening to spill out but I had to contain myself from doing so.

Nicole can never find out about it, she can never know the secret I’m keeping inside.

The truth will kill her.

 

Ki Bum’s POV

“Why do you still eat like a 5 year old kid?”

I took out the tissue from my pocket and used it to wipe the corner of Nicole’s mouth which was dripping with strawberry ice cream.

As I was doing so, I couldn’t help but notice how much she has grown all these years.

I still remember her from the memory of more than 10 years ago, when we were still playing hide and seek in the park, eating ice cream together; just like what we are doing now.

The only difference is that we both have grown out of those little shorts and skirts and we have come to understand there is more to love than just the mutual love two friends share with each other.

We have feelings, and we can’t deny them.

“Key, are you okay?”

Her melodic voice snapped me back to reality.

In Nicole’s eyes, I was still the same Ki Bum she has loved since she was a little girl; she has never look at me beyond that fact.

I turned away from her so she wouldn’t see the look of longing in my eyes. She knows me too well to know there was something wrong with me.

“Nicole-ah, is Jae Jin treating you well?” I asked lightly, trying to distract her.

She broke into a huge smile at the mention of his name. Of course, why wouldn’t she be happy?

“Key, see this? Pretty isn’t it?”

I glanced down at the necklace she was wearing.

J&N.

Who else could it be from?

“Very pretty,” I forced a smile.

“Yesterday, he told me that he love me. Key-ah, he’s the first guy to ever say that to me. I was blushing like crazy!” she said giddily.

I love you too, I just don’t have the courage to tell you...

“Nicole...What if I tell you...”

“Huh? What is it Key? What if what?”

“What if we catch a movie now?” I changed my mind.

“Yah! I thought you were going to say something important! Okay sure. I have nothing to do anyway.”

I let her pull my hand and led me away from there. She was going on and on about what movie should we watch. But I wasn’t paying attention to a word she was saying.

I was focusing on her clutch on my hand; I hadn’t realised I was craving for her touch so much.