#3

Lonely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days became months. The wall Taeyeon built around her heart for nearly a decade began to crumble as Tiffany’s presence never fails to make her heart melt. Little by little, Taeyeon learns to overcome the loneliness she felt after that accident.
 


FLASHBACK

Kim Taeyeon and Kim Jonghyun.

The two were close buddies just as their parents were. Their parents were known to be the 2Kims as their parents never fail to find time for their friendship.

.

.

.

Confused? Let me further explain.

.

.

.

Kim Taeyeon and Kim Jonghyun are not related by blood.

.

.

.

Still confused?

.

.

.

Taeyeon’s parents along with Jonghyun’s mother passed away due to an accident that happened on a business trip. Jonghyun’s father was supposed to be with the three but he fell ill and he had to sit out on it.

.

.

.

Who knew that it was the last time they would see each other.

.

.

.

Taeyeon was silent as she stared blankly ahead after hearing the news from Jonghyun’s father. Jonghyun went hysterical as he shouted in denial. He was always a mommy’s boy and he didn’t want to believe what he was hearing.

Turning on the TV, they all watch as the news was reporting of the said accident and Jonghyun fell to his knees as his father embraced him.

Taeyeon silently went back to her room as she wept. She couldn’t believe it. How could this happen to the kindest people on earth?

She still remembered embracing her parents just two hours ago and now... they're gone.

.

.

.

‘Life is a fickle thing..’

.

.

.

After the accident, the 2Kim’s company were merged together, becoming the Kim Corporations. Jonghyun’s father then took the responsibility to take care of Taeyeon, treating her as his own.

He settled the adoption papers and Taeyeon soon moved in with them. He tried his best to be a fatherly and motherly figure to both Jonghyun and Taeyeon but he could see plainly that Taeyeon was suffering as her once bright eyes were now void of any emotions.

A few years passed by, Taeyeon became a loner. She preferred being alone. She didn’t want to get attached to anyone. She didn’t want to feel the pain.

Taeyeon rejected anyone and everyone who extended a helping hand to her until Jonghyun had enough of seeing how her close friend and now, sister was hurting.

“Kim Taeyeon, snap out of it!” Jonghyun pleaded as Taeyeon stared at him.

“What?”

“I said snap out of it. It’s been 3 years!” Jonghyun yelled as Taeyeon stayed silent.

“For sake Taeyeon!” Jonghyun lost control of his anger as he landed a solid punch on Taeyeon’s cheek, causing the latter to fall.

“It’s been 3 years! You need to move on!” Taeyeon hissed as she felt her lip cut open due to the force.

“I have moved on.” She stated firmly as she pushed herself back up.

“Taeyeon, your parents wouldn’t want to see you like this.” Jonghyun pleaded as tears fell from his eyes.

“What do you know? You still have your father!” Taeyeon hissed bitterly.

“...I kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter