004

My Home

“No one’s leaving, Lee Jinki! Onew! The Singer!”

The three’s conversation was interrupted when Hannah heard someone shouting from behind. It was on the farthest table. He already noticed that guys were gathered there a while ago when she went it, but she didn’t bother paying that much of attention to them.

Hannah looked at them, and at that moment she saw two guys standing. One had his hands on his waist and the other obviously just took few steps away from the table. He looked too familiar. The name she heard few seconds ago validated it.

“Oh.” She smiled and turned facing the couple again. “You’re friends with Lee Jinki-ssi?” She asked sounding as neutral as she could.

“Uh, yes, actually…”

“He’s one of my best friends, wait, I’ll introduce you to them.”

“Oh, Sure.” She flashed yet another smile following Minho and Yeojin as they went towards the guys’ table.

“Guys, for a while.” Minho spoke even though all the attention was on them already. “I would like you to meet someone. Bae Hannah. Yeojin’s bestfriend. Hannah, meet our friends…” Minho started introducing them one by one along with Soeun. “…and the most popular in the group, I think you know him from his shows and endorsements already, Lee Jinki.”

“We just met a while ago, actually.” She replied, completely abandoning what Minho just said about Jinki being a celebrity. “My house was actually sold to him and that was never my intention so… we’re looking into…” She paused. “But we shouldn’t be speaking about that, let’s leave it for some other time.” She chuckled gently and held her friend’s house. “For the mean time, I would want to snatch you from them for a while coz we have so many catching up to do!” Hannah looked at the others, “Is it okay if I take her for a while?”

“You have here only up until 10:30.” Minho answered to which she smiled and happily nodded. The two of them left right after.

“Hmm…” Jonghyun uttered as soon as the two girls were gone.

“She didn’t even nudge at the idea that Jinki-oppa’s a star.” Soeun said along with a soft chuckle.

“She remembered him as someone who stole her house and not someone popular.” Taemin added, gaining a stern look from his hyung.

“I didn’t steal it. I bought it legally, and she knows that.”

“I doubt your charm’s gonna work on her, hyung.” Minho added. “She seems to have a very strong personality.”

Jinki was silent and only shrugged his shoulders. He looked away towards the direction where Hannah was taking the soon-to-be mom.

At the same time, the two girls were heading on an empty table, quite isolated from the others who were still in the place. When they finally took their seats, Hannah noticed that Yeojin had this intriguing look on her face. She cocked her head on the side, wondering, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Were you avoiding something?” She asked quite-not-so-innocently and made it obvious that she turned to look back at the guys then she continued, “…or perhaps, someone?”

“No, why-“

“Come on.” Yeojin chuckled. “Okay, fine, say I didn’t notice anything.” She shook her head and played it easy. “It’s been years but you’re still the same girl…” Yeojin pouted at her.  “So anyway…”

“Yeojin-ssi?”

Their conversation was cut off when a certain man approached them all of a sudden. “Oh, Hyungsik-ssi?” He was no stranger to Yeojin, tho, and probably to Hannah, too even though they haven’t introduced to each other yet. It was none other than the actor himself, Park Hyungsik. He was Yeojin’s colleague as she took several modeling workshops bumping and working with him several times in some photoshoots before.

“I really enjoyed this party and I wish you all the best with your baby.” He said wearing his trademark eyesmile. “But, I just have a small favor to ask.”

“Oh, sure. Tell me.” Yeojin obliged and at that moment, she knew what the favor was the moment the guy took a glance on Hannah. “Oh, I think I know… Well, Hannah, I would like you to meet my friend, I think you’ve seen a lot on TV. He’s quite popular nowadays, Park Hyung sik--”

“Hi.” Hyungsik, wanted to immediately introduce himself, unconsciously dismissed Yeojin and offered his hand to Hannah. “I’ve been wanting to talk to you since the moment you stepped inside.”

“Hi. Thank you. It’s my pleasure.”

“No, it’s on mine.” Hyungsik insisted and held her hand a bit longer before finally letting it go. “Yeojin-ssi never told me she has a very beautiful friend like you.” He chuckled nervously although he was trying his best to be that bold. Hannah laughed a bit.

And everyone gathered behind them saw the scenario. “It looks like her charm instead is the one irresistible.” Jonghyun noticed. “That guy Hyungsik sure is fast though.” He added when they saw Hyungsik even pulling a chair to seat beside Hannah and chat. It seemed like Yeojin was out of his picture as his eyes were just focused on her.

“Hyung hasn’t even realized he has a crush on her and here comes a competition already.” Taemin laughed and so are the other boys.

They stopped when Jinki suddenly stood up and left his seat – going to the direction where the three were.

“Hyung, where are you going?!” Minho called but Jinki didn’t even look back.

Hannah almost got a scare when a pair of soft hands pressed her shoulders. “Oh!”

“Hi.” The greeting was not meant for Hannah. It was Hyungsik whom Jinki actually greeted. “It’s good you were able to come, Hyungsik-ssi.”

“Ah, yes, hello, hyung.” Hyungsik was probably at least two years younger than Jinki. “I was not able to greet you properly a while ago.”

“It’s okay.” Jinki smiled and he noticed how Hyungsik’s eyes were rather fixed on his hands that were placed on Hannah’s shoulders. “So you’ve met Hannah? We own the same house, by the way.”

“Oh…” Hyungsik was rather speechless at such very random revelation from Jinki. “I didn’t know… the same house?”

“Yep. Both of us own it.”

“I… honestly don’t know what to say about that.” The other male was so dumbfounded and puzzled, but somewhere along the whole scenario he knew that Jinki was trying to set barricade on Hannah.

“I saw her first.” He blurted out, making Yeojin’s eyes grew wide in disbelief. “Let me go straight. I’m not up to any competition. If you only want to be friends with her then by all means, but something more than that… well –“

“Hyung, I’m sorry, I don’t think you can decide on that yourself without even asking-“

“She is mine.” Jinki revealed making Yeojin so surprised that she covered .

“She. Is. Mine.” Minho repeated after reading Jinki’s lips. “This hyung, really.”

“He buys a house the first time he sees it. Now he owns a girl the first time he sees her. Hyung’s a fan of love at first sight.” Kibum chuckled. “At this point, shouldn’t be a background song starts playing? Their position looks like the final screencap of an episode when it ends.”

Everyone was amazed. And it was scarier that Jinki looked so serious – something they rarely see on him.