Long Time no See~

My Home

Yeojin, who was only few steps away from the boys, noticed that they seemed to be crowding over someone’s phone. The guys were even giggling. To this, Yeojin elbowed Soeun, “Look at them.” She said and pointed at their direction with her lips.

Soeun followed the direction and saw the same scene. “What are they doing?”

Yeojin, being the sensitive pregnant woman that she was, squinted her eyes and excused herself from the other girls. Soeun silently followed. The guys, however, were too busy to noticed.

“What are you looking at?” Minho almost jumped out of his seat after hearing his wife’s voice from behind. He was caught red handed as he was the one holding Jinki’s phone with a woman’s photo on the screen at that moment.

“Love, this is—“

“Hannah?” Yeojin uttered and looked closely on the phone. “Is this Hannah?” She asked looking at each of them.

“Well, her name’s Bae Hannah.” Lee Jinki answered. He was quite puzzled as Yeojin seemed to know the girl.

“Oh my gosh, it’s really her!” She yelled in excitement as she clasped her hands together.

“You know her, love? She’s the previous owner of Jinki hyung’s new house.” Minho explained, quite amused that his wife looked very happy at that moment.

“Oppa’s house?” She deeply thought about it before coming to a realization for a while. “Oh my, isn’t it that hanok in modern interiors? I totally forgot that it’s Hannah’s house!” Yeojin blurted out in guilt and disappointment, as if she had done something terribly wrong. “Hannah’s my childhood bestfriend. We only separated when I went to college abroad. We used to chat but lost contact eventually. The last time I spoke with my other friend, I learned she was in Canada. Didn’t know she’s back in here already!”

“What a coincidence…” Kibum shook his head and smiled cheekily as he threw suspicious glances at Jinki. The older, on the other hand, seemed to be in deep thoughts and then he spoke.

“Should I get a lawyer, too?” He suddenly asked gaining judging looks from his friends including their wives. “I mean, just to be safe, you know, what if her lawyer finds a way to get my house?”

“Jeez, that would be so much trouble for you, hyung.” Minho said in disagreement.

“Hannah’s a nice girl.” Yeojin bantered, giving the phone back to Jinki as she was done looking at her photo. “It would be better to make arrangements with her first or talk to her about it. I’m sure she’s amendable to some things.” She smiled at him.

“And you don’t really need a lawyer, seriously.” Kibum chuckled. “Use your charm, Lee Jinki? The Singer Onew? The one who swoons girls’ heart away just by smiling? The walking ray of sunshine?” The disgusting look from the guys made Kibum paused, but he quickly shrugged it off and continued. “That’s how fashion magazines describe this guy, you know. Anyway, as I was saying… put your good looks into good use.”

“It’s time to prove no girls can ever resist Onew.” Jonghyun added and the rest of them laughed.

“Stop it, you guys.” Jinki pretended to laugh and shove the idea off, but on the back of his mind he couldn’t help but think about the method Kibum just proposed.

His thoughts were again interrupted when he heard Yeojin who was just sitting silently beside him moments ago screeched. “Hannah? Bae Hannah?” She spoke excitedly over the phone. “It’s me, Yeojin! Jeez, girl! Finally, I’m so glad I tracked you down!” She laughed. Everyone looked at her and she winked at them.

“So, are you free tonight?” She asked with all the guys suddenly got caught on the edge of their seat as they wait for the reply.

---------------------------------

“Why? Are you inviting me out?” Hannah put the ramen pack back in the cupboard and focused on speaking to her long lost best friend. “Gosh, Ahn Yeojin, it’s been years! I was not able to find you when I went back 2 weeks ago. I thought you were still in US!”

“We have so much catching up to do, Bae Hannah, so, are you free now?”

“Hmm, let’s see… of course! I can’t miss this! So where are you?” She said excitedly. Hannah was really close to Yeojin back in the days. They didn’t communicate for so long, but it felt like nothing changed now that they talked for the first time in a while.

“I’ll text you the address. It’s a Pasta House in Gangnan District. I don’t want to surprise you when you get here so I’m telling you now, It’s my baby shower!”

“Oh my gosh!” Hannah had to cover in surprise. “Seriously?! I can’t miss this. That’s it. If it’s Gangnam, then it should be nearby. I’ll be there, you better not move an inch from there, okay?! Gosh, I can’t believe you’re having a baby!” She screamed and quickly ended the call so she could prepare.

Hannah thought it was such a right timing that her long lost bestfriend suddenly contacted her. She paused for a moment then recalling what she was thinking before she got the call – it was him. Lee Jinki – that guy who bought her home who was, apparently, her long time crush (or maybe even more than that). She shook herself quite dramatically and took a deep breath. Enough with Lee Jinki for tonight. She knew she would have to face him again anytime soon if she wanted to get her house back, but at least she should take a break from him right now.

Yeojin texted her the address and in less than an hour, she arrived at the Pasta House.

As she went out of her car, she noticed there were not much people inside. It was Yeojin’s baby shower. She was expecting to see lots of her friends and families inside, but it seemed like there were few people inside. Perhaps, it’s because it was late as it was 9pm already.

At the door, she read the sign “event on going”. She pushed the door and just then, she met eyes with her long lost friend – who at that moment was carrying a bump in her belly – and both of them just had to scream like old teenage girls.

“Oh, my gosh, don’t run!” Although she was too excited as well, she still thought of reminding her friend to be cautious. Instead, she ran faster to meet her.

They hugged super tight as soon as they got together. Both of them obviously missed each other. “My gosh! Look at you!” Yeojin said as she released Hannah from the tight hug. “You’re so beautiful!”

“And so are you!” Hannah replied. “And you’re going to be a mom, gosh, I’m so excited! I should have been there in your wedding, though. My God, Yeojin, you don’t know how much I’ve missed you!” And they hugged again. “Hmm, where’s that lucky guy, tho?”

“Hi!” Minho spoke behind Hannah so she turned to see him.

“My husband.” Yeojin introduced. Hannah glanced back at her with wide eyed expression. “Choi Minho, this is Bae Hannah, my long lost bestie. Hannah, meet my husband, Choi Minho.”

“I’ve heard about you several times from her stories before.” Minho politely greeted.

“Hi! Wow, you two look so good together.” She could only smile and be happy when Minho stood beside Yeojin. “It’s obvious that you make my friend happy. I have no questions for now but… my eyes are still on you.” Hannah said as she shrunk her eyes cutely, making a funny threatening expression towards Minho.

“She would kill me first before you do if I ever make her unhappy.” Minho joked and gained a light punch on the stomach from his wife. Hannah laughed.

“Oh, right, where did you get my number tho?” She asked after the excitement subsided.

“We had a common friend when I checked your instagram account so I quickly called her up thinking she has your number. Han Sunhwa.”

“Ah, yes. We’re quite close. How did you find my instagram account tho?”

“Oh.” Yeojin was suddenly out of words as she exchanged glance with Minho. “Actually, there is something I am not telling you…”

“And that is…?” Hannah started getting confused as well as she switched glances from Minho to Yeojin for a couple of times.


A/N: Such a cliffhanger, I'm sorry lol