Just Curious

My Home

“I’m sorry, something came up. I need to go.” Jinki went back to them as soon as he finished the call. “But as I was saying, I can’t sell the house back to you.” He concluded, still sounding as polite as he could so as not to offend any of them.

“We understand.” The lawyer spoke standing up. Hannah followed. “But I hope you’re still open to speak with us some other time.” She lent her hand for a handshake. Jinki gladly took it.

“As long as I’m available.” He smiled warmly and looked at Hannah this time. Jinki offered his hand at her then.

She only looked at it and felt chills on her back. There’s no way she’s going to hold that hand. Hannah felt her lawyer elbowing her. She peeked and heard her whisper “What are you waiting for?”

“Ah.” She smiled. “I’m so-“

“It’s still nice meeting you, Ms Bae.” Jinki took her hand abruptly, catching Hannah off guard as she didn’t have the time to take her hand back.

She felt her heart stopped a millisecond when she felt his soft warm hand perfectly the moment he squeezed her hand gently.

“Thank you!” She shouted and pulled her hand out immediately, gaining a surprise reaction from the two. “Yeah, well… bye! Let’s go attorney!” She stuttered as she spoke, took her bag and flew without even looking at him for the last time.

“I’ll you out.” Jinki said despite the surprise to which the lawyer smiled and shook her head. Hannah had walked away already.

“No need, Lee Jinki-ssi. She knows very well where the exit is.” They chuckled at the subtle joke and the lawyer headed out before smiling at him one last time.

Attorney Han found Hannah standing outside the car – frozen. The lawyer nudged at her shoulder a bit, “You almost got caught in there, Ms Bae.”

“What are you talking about?” She asked defensively to which the lawyer only giggled.

“It was almost too obvious I doubt he didn’t have any hint about how you feel about him.” She shrugged her shoulders making Hannah a lot more nervous.

“Stop it.” She maintained a straight face and opened the car door. Without saying anything else, she went in.

“Just a gentle reminder that you will need to maintain a strong stance against him if you really want to get your house back.” The lawyer settled on her seat and the car flew off.

Hannah stayed quiet as she thought of what just happened.

She just met Lee Jinki. The guy she had been crushing on for five years now. She first saw him when he was just singing on the streets – getting people’s attention and dropping coins as a sign of appreciation. She immediately saw how passionate he was into singing as he played with his portable piano keyboard. His voice hard to forget because of its distinct and unique sound. She had never heard any voice similar to him.

Before she left 2 years ago, she knew about him being a rising star in the country. From then on, she silently watched over him. She listened to all his songs. She bought albums while she was overseas, and as there was one time Jinki did a show in Canada, she went to see him perform.

Hannah was a total fan – not to even mention he was one of the reasons why she was able to quickly move on from the tragic accident that happened to her parents.

His voice and t he way he smiled somehow healed her.

So meeting him this way – realizing that he was the one who bought the house that should still be hers, she didn’t know what to feel. She initially wanted to come out strong, to be intimidating so the new owner will be discouraged to fight back but as soon as she saw him from the monitor outside, she just lost it. Hannah even wanted to congratulate herself for containing her emotions upon seeing him. She really wanted to run away.

On the other hand, Jinki came to meet his brothers. It was Minho who phoned him a while ago asking to be at the Pasta House early for the Yeojin’s baby shower. His wife is already 6 months pregnant, and everyone in the group was ecstatic to welcome the new baby. It’s going to be a baby girl for the Choi couple. They said they will announce the name on the baby shower tonight.

“So Eun’s getting a bit naggy these days…” Jonghyun started complaining after turning his head left and right and then behind him, careful not to have any of their women around to hear him.

“I heard you’ve been very picky on food lately.” Kibum answered. “Who wouldn’t nag when you don’t eat something she works hard to prepare every day?”

“Yeojin’s the same.” Minho complained, too. “I understand she’s pregnant and she needs extra care but she’s being…”

“Stop playing video games too much then.” Kibum bantered and shrugged his shoulders, “And seriously guys, you should deal with your wives so they don’t often come to me together to whine about the both of you.” He shook his head and took a sip on the glass of wine he was holding. “You’re having a hard time dealing with one woman each. Imagine both of them rambling about their husbands at your face at the same time.” He only shook his head.

Apparently, at that moment, someone who won’t usually make a reaction about girls, suddenly made one. Jinki sighed audibly. “Women, really…”

“Hyung?” Taemin turned to his older brother – confused. “What did you just say?”

“Seems like we need to know something…” Minho asked teasingly. Other guys became curious, too, but Jinki only shook his head. “Tell us, hyung!”

“No, it’s not what you’re thinking.” He chuckled instead before continuing. “The ex-“

“No, you never had a girlfriend – as far as I know.”

“Not, ex-girlfriend, just let me continue, Kibum!” There was a laugh at the table. The boys were having a good time talking by themselves in the middle of the party. Minho and Jonghyun’s wives on the other side talking with their girl friends as well. “The previous owner of my house. She came today with a lawyer and wants to get her house back.”

“Did she change her mind or something?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki proceeded on telling them what really happened. The same story he heard from Hannah and her lawyer few hours back.

“So? What did you say?”

“You know there’s no way I’ll give that house back to her. It’s mine. I fell in love with it the first time. I only made some changes but it’s still that house.” Jinki answered, still certain that he won’t give up the house he bought half a year ago.

“But based on what I’ve heard, it seems to me that she’s not going to easily let go of the house.” Minho commented to which the other members agreed on. “She even brought a lawyer which means she’s willing to take the case to the court.”

“But he bought it legally.” Kibum replied. “He has legal papers. It was her problem that her relative got hold of those papers and sold it out. It’s negligence on her part now.”

“But I’m just curious…” Minho had a sudden random thought. “How does she look like?”

Jinki, although hesitant, took his phone out and browsed somewhere. “Guys, I know, don’t judge me. I just got curious…”

“…and interested, I see.” Kibum reacted suspiciously.

“I just recently learned how to search people on instagram so a while ago…”

“No more, excuses, Lee Jinki, show us!” Minho was impatient so he snatched the phone from him and shared it with the members. “Bae Hannah?”

There was a moment of silence as the four guys stared at the girl on the photo. Few seconds later, Taemin broke it only to tease his hyung. “This woman looks a bit controlling and … demanding. Certainly your type of girl.”

“Yah!” Jinki shouted – embarrassed.

 


Just to give you guys an idea of how I imagine Bae Hannah to be... here she is.