When Hoseok gets drunk...

When BTS gets tipsy

“Don’t be such a sore loser,” Your friend poured you a drink as she reminded you what happened just now. “He won it fair and square,”

You gave her a mean look but honestly inside your heart you have to agree with what she said. It was true. And everyone who was there witnessed it.

Hoseok, your supposed ex-crush and dance rival, appeared suddenly as a guest in the battle which your dance studio had organized. His appearance took you by surprised and you panicked and ended up losing to him. Hoseok and you have been dancing together since forever and it was only when he left for Seoul to train as an idol did you guys slowly lose contact with each other.

It has been almost 3 years since you guys met up and he was more than happy to see you. He did not know that you had a crush on him because you thought it was just going to spoil the friendship you have with him. Furthermore, you were pretty sure that you were not his type. He had always mentioned that he preferred someone who is more feminine and has aegyo. You do not fit those categories as well. You are a female popper and have no interest in girly things.

“He’s coming,” Your friend suddenly said and gave you a mischievous smile.

“Hoseok??” You whispered as you placed both of your hands on the table and leaned closer to your friend.

“Hey~~” He said and sat down beside you.

“Hi,” You said and turned to look at him.

Hoseok was flushed from the soju which he drank while going around and greeting his hometown friends whom he had never met for ages as well. You guys were in the after party of the dance battle and most of the people here were those who have been dancing with Hoseok and you for a long time.

“I think I’m going to go to the washroom,” Your friend announced and left you hanging with Hoseok alone at the table.

You gave a ‘How Dare You’ look and turned to see Hoseok looking at you. He seemed to look the same as compared the last time just he had dyed his hair. Other than that, he looked like he didn’t age from before.

“Your pop seems to be stronger than before,” He commented before smiling at you.

“Yeah?” You raised your eyebrows in questions. “I’ve been practicing,”

“Me too,” He said and poured some soju into your cup, “But I guess I’m still better,”

“Jerk,” You said with some annoyance and Hoseok just laughed at your comment because he was used to you calling him names like this even from before.

“Seems like you didn’t change at all,” He clinked his soju glass with you.

You put down your soju glass and poured for him in return. “Many things had changed after you left, our dance teacher got a second child and Min Seok went to the army…”

“Yeah I know all that,” He laughed slightly, “I’m not out of contact after I moved to Seoul, I mean you didn’t change,”

You paused your words and looked at him before realizing Hoseok was still looking at you all the while. “Oh,” And you looked away.

“Cute as before,”

“Don’t say that,” You said and hit him lightly on the shoulders.

“Why not?!” He rubbed his shoulders, “I remembered how before I was about to leave Gwangju you were really sad and then you wrote me a let-“

Realising that he was talking about the embarrassing incident which happened to you, you tried to stop him from speaking by covering his mouth.

“SSshhh!!”

A few other people turned around and see what was going on but you just smiled and apologized to them.

It was the day before he told you that he was going to leave Gwangju for Seoul and you felt that perhaps for once you should just confess to Hoseok about what you feel for him so that it would leave you no regrets. You were only 18 back then so thinking about it back then kind of embarrassed you. You wrote him a really long letter and when you met up with him at night, he was surprised that you actually let your hair down. Most of the time in the dance studio, you always had your hair tied up in a pony tail. It was one of those rare occasions when Hoseok saw you with your hair down.

However, he was also young that time and he thought that it was not possible because of the timing and everything. Most importantly, he did not see you as a romantic partner that time. You were one of his best friends and he thought that was more important than anything else.

Hoseok removed your hand from his mouth and laughed at how you were reacting but he was still holding on to your hand. Feeling strange about the physical contact, you tried to remove it from him awkwardly.

“Why are you so scared?” He asked and let your hand go, realizing slightly later what was going on.

“It’s just embarrassing,” You replied and drank another soju shot to make up for embarrassment.

“아직 나를 좋아해? (Do you still like me?)” 

At that moment you thought that perhaps it was just your imagination playing tricks on your ears and your eyes but it seemed like it was one of those scenes in the drama whereby everyone else in the bar disappeared and there was only the 2 of you left.

Your eyes met Hoseok and you could tell he was sincere in asking you about that.

“No way,” You looked away, “It’s been almost 3 years,”

“Then why are you still so scared about what happened that time?” He rolled up his sleeves and moved his seat slightly closer towards you.

“I told you its just embarrassing,” You replied.

“You’re embarrassed about liking me?” He continued to ask and tried to meet your eyes by sticking his head as you were not facing him. It brought a smile to you because he was making a goofy face.

“No, it’s just,” You tried to control your laughter, “I don’t know, we were young and we make mistakes, that was one of it,”

“Wow that hurts,” He said while portraying a really sad look on his face, “So you’re saying telling me that you liking me was a mistake?”

“No!” You looked at him, “I mean… I don’t know. Why are you doing this to me?!”

He laughed and said, “I was just joking around with you… You know me,”

You ended up pouring the remaining soju into his and his glass before telling him that you were going to go out and get some fresh air. He ended up following you because he thought he needed some too.

“Thank you though,” He spoke as you guys strolled along the street.

“For?” You turned to your right.

“Confessing that time,” He said and smiled. "If not I wouldn't aave know how you felt about me," It seemed like as if Hoseok was glowing under the moonlight when you turned and see him looking down at you. You were a head shorter than him and to him you were his small minion. That was his nickname for you.

“Can we stop talking about that anymore? I mean we can talk about so many things like you being an idol and how you managed to contribute in song making…” You looked away and straight to what was in front of you.

“But I feel like talking about that,” He made his way before you so that he was walking backwards but facing you. “And I can tell you about me being an idol next time,”

You paused in your steps and tried to wave him away but he ended up laughing and tried to tease you about it. You gave up and ended walking with him in front of you, occasionally telling him that he was not walking straight.

“Do you think you would ever tell me how you felt about me if you didn’t do it that time?” He asked you and tucked both of his hands into his pockets.

You thought for a while and replied, “Maybe not,”

“Really?”

“I mean, you are all so famous and all,” You untied your ponytail and bit the hair tie while you combed your hair with your hand.

“So?”

“It would seemed like as if I wanted to get closer to you on purpose,” You continued and as you were about to retie your hair, you lowered your head by a bit to allow your ponytail to go as high as possible. However you didn’t realize Hoseok stopped walking and you ended up bumping into his chest.

“Woa” You looked up and remained silent as you found yourself staring into Hoseok’s eyes. He was holding you by the shoulders and you told yourself to remain calm as you found heart beating faster than before.

“Sorry,” He finally said and he lifted his left hand before pulling down gently your hair tie, letting your neatly tied hair to flow down.

You gave him a confused look but before you could manage to ask what he was doing, he continued his sentence.

“I wanted to tell you this 3 years ago,” He replied and lowered so that he could meet you in the eyes.

“Honestly speaking back then, I was not sure about how I felt about you,” He continued, “It was sudden for me because your confession letter took me by surprise and before I could answer you, you were already running away from me,”

“That was because you looked like as if you’ve seen a ghost after you read finished my letter!” You tried to defend yourself. “I thought like you hated me or something,”

He chuckled and shook his head, “I was like you said, young and foolish… I didn’t know what I wanted,”

You gulped as you thought about what he was about to say.

“Are you gonna-“

“I wanted to-“

You guys spoke at the same time.

He paused and you took it as a chance for you to speak first.

“Are you gonna tell me you know what you want now?” You whispered as you prepared yourself for what Hoseok was about to say.

Hoseok looked slightly surprised but he said, “Do you always have to do this?”

“What?!” You looked confused.

“Do you always have to spoil yourself?” He released his hands from his shoulders and placed it on his hips, slightly annoyed by you.

“I mean it’s so obvious,” You copied his actions and placed your arms on your hips too.

Back in high school, you guys always watch Japanese anime together but you always had the tendency to watch a few episodes in advance and ended up spoiling him by accident. You did not mean to do that but eventually Hoseok did not want to talk to you for a few days until you bought him ddeokbokki later on.

“Alright fine,” He waved his hands in his air, “I wanted to be more romantic like how you always talk about those guys in drama and that was why I pulled your hair tie down, to go back to how it was that time. You didn’t tie your hair that night…And you know how I think you look really nice when you let down your hair,”

He returned you your hair tie but ended up holding your fingers. You felt yourself slightly blushing by how he was trying to impress you again.

“I’m not sure if you still have any feelings for me but I felt that it took me a long while to think about it,” He looked at you again, “Too long I guess, you might have already moved on and like someone else,”

“Hoseok ah…” You spoke.

“It’s ok… you can just let go my hand and I’ll get what you feel,” He said and closed his eyes, preparing himself for the worst.

You didn’t know what to feel suddenly. One of the reasons why you didn’t have a serious relationship ever since Hoseok left was slightly because of him. Your ex was nice but he just didn’t have the qualities that Hoseok has. He was not able to make you laugh and sometimes he could not understand why you would spend so much time dancing. Hoseok was able to do those and you honestly do miss him a lot.

However, you just weren’t sure. With him appearing suddenly back in Gwangju, telling you that he has feelings just did not seem right as well.

You bit your lips as you slowly removed his hand from yours.

You heard his gasp as you completely removed and he opened his eyes.

“So….” Hoseok looked slightly disappointed, “Just friends?”

“No…” You shook your head.

He was confused by your answer. “What do you mean..?”

“I…” You opened your mouth and paused as you felt what you were about to say was going to make you and him cringe. “still like you…”

A smile crept back onto his face, “But why did you let go off my hand?”

“I thought perhaps it was all too sudden,” You answered honestly, “And I’m not sure if you’re telling me this just because you are drunk,”

“I’m not drunk,” He laughed.

“No you are,” You replied and smiled, “You do crazy things when you are drunk,”

“This is not crazy,” He held your hands firmly this time.

‘Yes it is…” You swinged your hand lightly so that Hoseok’s hand was swinging.

“No it’s not,” He argued with you.

“It is!” You insisted and swinged his hand harder.

“This is what you call crazy,” was the last sentence you heard before Hoseok bent down and kissed you on the lips.

You were not sure how long you guys stayed in that position but as he broke apart, he was waiting for you to respond.

You returned to your proper self and finally realized what Hoseok did to you. You blinked at him as he continued to wait for your response.

“야 이 미친 놈아!”* You shouted at him as Hoseok broke off into a sprint with you chasing after him laughing happily.

"I told you that was crazy!"

 

 _

* It means along the line of you crazy person. LOL

Hello!!!

I'm finally back with a new chapter and yea! haha. I'm not sure how you guys feel about this chapter but it was challenging for me to write Hoseok's chapter. idk why LOL. I will work harder for Joon's version TT 

Thanks for reading and I'll update soon!! ^^