His Unreachable love

The You Who Vow Not To Regret (HIATUS)

There she is again. Standing alone on the grass enjoying the fragrance of the dandelion. When the wind blew, the spores flying. Spreading it seeds. Her long straight hair, flipping as smooth as silk. It was so bright to even see any cloud. The sky is white but so empty. The field is wide but there are nothing. She keep looking around until a moment she catch a figure, smiling at her.

"Charanda, Son Chaerin~" She smile. Unlike the first meeting when her face was so sorrow.

"But I didn't take the examination. You are still living in regret, right?"

"Hmm. Ani." she shake her head "That just an excuse I made to make sure you left home that morning."

There were wrinkles on her forehead. An unnatural wrinkles. "wae?"

She look around, observing the nature. "The flowers smell nice, right? But that poor guy, won't be able to smell it anymore" She said.

Chaerin's face are full of curiosity. "Park Jimin? You actually want me to save him? What for? We know him? Or he is your lover in the future? That's so selfish of you, putting me in that kind of hazard just for your own love desire." She bluntly said.

"If he meant to be my lover, he is your lover too, right? But I am not that lucky, you are." She smiled for a while before turning her facing Chaerin. Her expression seems to change. "9:47am, 18th May 2007, cause of death, sudden heart failure. That him, Park Jimin. He is not my lover but yours. I never met him in my past but you did." and there is again with that sad face. "That why, you should save him if you don't want to live your future like I am."

There is a slightly silent between them two. Its remain that way for few minutes. 'My lover...' Chaerin's thought.

"Then why are you regretting so much when you never met him? You didn't left that morning, you didn't met him or even know him. His death should just be like those death new of strangers that we always watch on TV or we hear in the radio."

She smile again. "That is because we both don't know his existence. When I did, I regret but it was too late. But you not. You don't know him, but he know you well. I am in that state." Her tone was serious. "It won't be long, til it time, take a good care of him, treat him well. He might be a bit annoying, childish or unreasonable, but just go with it. Chaerin, help him. Let him live.Give all the love he deserve and let him go while he is in your hug. That's all I wish for. That is a wish from a part of your heart, that regret a lot." Her words were like floating in the air when her shape start to ashes away.

"Wait... What do you mean by the time? When will it come? What happen that time? Come back! Answer me!" She ask, she shout but there is only her alone.

 

"Chaerin ah... Yah Son Chaerin. Wake up, Son Chaerin. What are you shouting in your sleep?" The voice was so familiar but the words are so blur. "Yah ! Son Chaerin !"

The shout got her startled. She gasp and quickly open her eyes.

"Omo. This girl is giving me a heart attack"

Chaerin turn to her sight, looking at her mother is patting her chest with a shocked face. "Eomma? what are you doing in my room?" 

"What else? You have been shouting in your sleep.., Aigoo... Look at you, even sweating. Wae? Did you dream of ghost?" Her mom ask.

She was panting hard. Taking a moment to recap her dream. "Ani... It even worse that a ghost." she mumbled.

"Mwoya? What could be scarier that ghost." Her mom was there standing, confused. "Forget it, come down, breakfast ready. You are free today right? Then come to the bakery with me after breakfast." Then she left.

She sigh before left to the bathroom.

Few minutes after, Chaerin walk down the stairs properly dressed.

"Are you going somewhere?" Her mom ask.

"Eo. Work." She take her seat and sip her tea.

"You are working at my place and you will change your clothes either. Why bother to get dressed?"

"I am visiting someone at the hospital after work. So I am asking for early left in advance." She reach out for the bread and jam.

"Nugu?"

"Someone who already supposed to be dead." she passed the bread with jam fo her mother then took another slice of bread.

"Mwoya?? Could you give a proper answer at least or I won't approve your request." She take a bite while glare at her daughter.

"Then... Someone who make myself in the future, regret a lot." Her mom was being ignored, Chaerin took her breakfast quietly.

 

 

Almost 12 in the noon.

Chaerin peek at the door of her mom's office. She seems so busy with her computer and few papers on the table. So focus.

"Mwonde? I can see you?

"Ah! Can I leave now? That's the last customer so far"

"You will be home late?" Her mom look at her.

"Not sure yet. I will call you. Okay? Bye bye?"

"Haaa.... ka... Take the taxi, not the bus" Just like that and her mom continue with her work.

"Yeaaa......." Chaerin get dressed again in the stuff room and left the cafe. She walk to the nearest bus stand. To be honest, she is not a type who spend much. In this situation, as long as she can make it safely, she will pick that even it will take a longer time. Bus is cheaper, so go with bus. Around 8 stops then she will arrive.

Chaerin take a step out of the bus. The street was so busy. Car came back and forth non-stop. There are tons on people walking at the side, there were shop and cafe nearby. She didn't manage to observe the surrounding when she get here yesterday. She arrange her steps to the entrance. The glass doors go apart as she came closer. She walk in, holding the stripe of her sling bag.

Now she is right infront of the room. She took a deep breath and open the door. "Annhyeonghaa....." just to see an empty room. No trace like there are living in there. It is not like the room is occupied at all. "Eh?"

"Excuse me." She quickly went to the counter at the current floor. "I want to ask about a patient that came yesterday. Park Jimin, room number 391."

"Let me check for you" politely she answer. "Oh, Mr Park already discharged last night."

"Yea? Then, why he ask me to come if he is leaving? Ani. Someone who cough blood and just awake from dead, should you guys just let him discharge? He should have stay longer." She couldn't hold the tempered and just blurt it out to those nurse infront of her.

"I am sorry, miss. I don't know anything about it. I am sorry again." They bow.

"Just forget about it. I didn't have intention of meeting him again anyway. Kamsahamnida." She bow back and left. she was nagging in her heart all along in the elevator. 'Want to thank me? my  . huh! This is how you thank me? I came here all the way far from home just to know that you already left. Pissed' She doesn't even notice she was already at the street site. She was just about to cross the road when someone end up pulling her from behind.

"Watch out" he said.

"Eo?" Chaerin turn around. "Sunbae?"

"Watch where you are going. It already turn red. what are you thinking?"

"Eo?"She look up at the red light. "Ah! I didn't notice that. Kamsahamnida" she bow.

Taehyung couldn't hold himself but to chuckles. "Why are you suddenly being polite? It is peculiar. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Oh! I am just visiting someone but he already discharged." she said. "Sunbae?"

"There is a seminar that I need to attend. At the hospital"

Chaerin slowly nodded "That's why. It just weird to know that someone who alcoholic like you actually studying to be a doctor. You should stop drinking. You have bad habit everytime you drunk."

"Aish! It's not that easy to stop. And don't tell anyone about it." his voice went lower til she could barely hear. "You are free now? Wanna go for coffee?"

"Aren't you have to attend the seminar?"

"It is fine to be few minutes late. Kaja" His grins was like a child, naughty but not evil.

They walk into the nearby coffee and bought each one a cup of drink. They took a seat for two near the window. Just for a while they are having a great chat. Just for a while Taehyung was deeply fallen more into her. Just for a while until her phone suddenly rang. An unknown number.

"Nuguji?" she asked to herself.

"wae?" Taehyung ask in concern.

"Aniya. I am going to pick this up for a while." Taehyung nodded giving her time.

 

"Hello? Who is this?"

"I told you to save my number yesterday. There were many girls out there who will line up for my number but you got it for free yet you didn't save it?"

"Ah! Neo..." flat tone.

"What with that attitude? Just ah neo?"

"Firstly, I didn't ask for your number, I don't want it so why should I line up with those girl? Second, I didn't get it for free, I save your life for that. You have to pay a lot than me. It is not me who in debt."

"You said you don't need a payback."

"You said you insisted to pay."

"That's why I am going to pay you. You said you are coming today. Where are you?"

"I didn't promise but I did came. Just you not there."

"Hospital? Wait there. I will send someone to pick you up." Then he just hang up.

"EH? Hello? Did he just hang?" She mumbled to herself.

"Nugu?" Taehyung finally spoken.

"Sunbae, you need to attend the seminar ,right let's go. I have something to do there." She pick up her bag and ready to leave.

"Eh? Wae? Suddenly?"

"Nae.. an emergency."

"oh.. Arraseo... Kaja.." He slowly follow her from the back.

They walk there together but Taehyung was few steps behind. 'It is a guy on phone. She is seeing someone?' He could just stare at her back. Since she was in her junior year, Taehyung already put an interest in her. Yes he didn't confess, he also didn't show any sign of asking her out. He have been sleeping with many girls, he doubt that she would easily accept him. He might just cheat on her when he is drunk. That what he tought. He know she deserve better but still still hate the fact that she didn't meant to be with him.

He was deeply in his thought he didn't even notice he already at the entrance.

"Sunbae, you go in first. I am waiting for someone."

"Nugu? I can wait with you." He said

"aniya. Gwenchana. I bet the seminar already started. You should get going."

"Eo? Eo... Arraseo. then, see you later."

"Nae, Annyeongeekeseyo" She bowed to him and he nodded. "Eo. Annyeong." before he walk away.

He is just a few step away from the entrance. He stopped for a while just to check on her. She is currently with a man with late age of 40's, properly dressed as well which is leaving questions marks in his mind.

'Nuguji?'