The Past 1

The You Who Vow Not To Regret (HIATUS)

Her eyes slowly open, she just stare on the empty wall. Chaerin rubs her eyes then sit on the bed. It was tiring last night. She had to make 500 cupcakes and deliver them. She really hate urgent orders. She reach for her phone on the floor.

"9:27 am..." she mumbled. The examination is going to start in 3 minutes. She take a deep breath and left for the bathroom. She take herself for a proper bath. It is relaxing so much after a tiring day.

She wrap herself in a towel. Her hair is still soaky. The water drip down making the back of the towel wet. Few drops are barely seen on her bare shoulder. It is now 9:39am.

She walk to her closet and pick out a casual outfit to wear. The most comfortable she can have at home. A lose long T-shirt without pants. She prefer that way. Beside there are no man at home. Her parents divorced when she was 17 and he brother are living at dormitory. She walk down the steps one by one. Her breakfast was ready on the dining table. Her mom is still there.

"Good morning" Her mom put on the smile on her face. She was in a rush.

"It is already 9:55am. You are extremely late" Chaerin take her seat and pour some tea.

"At least you could greet me back? I feel offended." Her mom sat  in front of her and take a sip of tea that Chaerin pour for her.  She scroll her phone ,reading the chatroom she joined. "Omo. What is this?"

Chaerin raise up her chin looking at her mom. "What what?"

"They said the shop owner at that corner found a body infront of his shop."

"That corner?! What body?" Chaerin start to show her interest in the topic.

"They are talking about it in the neighbor chatroom." Her mom showed her phone to her. "That's why I told you to join this chatroom.You don't even know what's happening in the neighbor."

"I don't know you could be so sociable, mom" her eyes was focused on the image that was sent to the chatroom. it was blurred by purpose, by she could know the red was the blood. "Murder?" She ask.

"I don't think so. But maybe. Ah! Molla. Why don't you go and take a look? I am late for work. I need to open the bakery already." She grab her phone and her handbag away. "I left the dishes to you." She peck her daughter's cheek and left to work.

Chaerin's heart felt uneasy. Her neighborhood is so peaceful not even a bad boys even came up for trouble. The neighbors are so united. That's she could conclude. 

After a while, she lift up the plates and start doing the cleaning. Her mother always cook for her but never do the cleaning. Oil stain were everywhere around the stove. "Seriously this woman..." she nag.

She also do the laundry and her mother's bed. Since her parent's divorced, Chaerin freely enter her mother's room without permission. Sometimes she wil also spend her night in there with her mom. 

Her phone is ringing upstairs but she is outside doing the laundry. Then soon the telephone in the living room start to ring. Chaerin quickly run to pick it up. 

"Yah! Why you didn't pick up your phone?" Without any greeting the voice behind the phone yelled. So rude she said. But she used to it.

"You should at least greet me" Chaerin said. 

"I called your phone but you didn't pick up"

"I left it upstairs. What do you want? Run out of money?"

"Mwoya? Do I always call for money?"

"Yes." Chaerin reply shortly but enough.

There was a chuckles behind the phone. "Arraseo, but not this time. Have you heard about this morning?"

"Heard what?"

"They said they found a bloody body in our neighborhood."

"Ah.. yea.. I didn't heard about it, I read." She is currently not serious being in the conversation. "But you also heard about it? That's fast. You also in chatroom? Yah... I don't know you two would be so sociable."

"Aniya... I wouldn't join that chatroom for folks. Of course I heard about it. The news spreading so fast here. They said the body is actually the chairman's son."

"Chairman's son..." she mumbled.

"Eo... My school's chairman. They said that the chairman rush out from his office this morning. I don't know how far the truth it, but I think you should know."

"Why should I know..." she's confused.

"Noona... I think you really should create sns now. You are so outdated."

"Wait. This went too far. What does, make that things related with the incident?"

"Noona... I know you didn't believe this, but believe this. You are so popular in my school." 

"Huh? Wait this exactly went too far. I never went to your school, even reach your gate. Never did."

"Actually..." Her attention distracted. The bell rang. Someone's at the door. 

"Yah! Tell me later. Someone's coming" 

"Noo....." Tut....... She hang off before his brother could say anything. 

She arrange her steps to the door. Who it is? She peek thru the door hole just to see few men in black standing infront of the door. She slowly open the door a bit , just enough for her head to pop out. "Yes?"

The men bow. "Good morning, Miss Son Chaerin. I came for a request" The man in the middle start to talk.

"Who are you?" 

Another man hand over a book which is a diary look alike. The cover was black and made of leather. 

"What is this?" She ask. Eyes were observing the book. The cover was plain.

"It is belong to Young Master Park. I think he want you to have it."

"Wait who? I don't know your master. You have got a wrong person." She said

"I also think that he might want to see you again. If you don't mind coming to his funeral." His voice were low. Due to his work, he have to control his emotion. He have to hide the fact he is sad.

"I am really sure, you got a wrong person. I don't know....." She stopped. The man put himself on his knees. Chaerin's eyes were wide open. The first time in her life she saw someone beg her.

"This is his last request. He know he didn't have much time, but he insisted to see you."

Chaerin's blank. What in the world could happen. Who is this men. Who is their young master. What book is this... For a while the man was on the knees, while the other two was bowing along. She lost her words. She don't know what to say. "Please get up. I am really sorry but I don't know him." 

But yet, no response. They are still nin their position, begging her.

"Okay. I'll go but just for a while. But don't blame me for anything. I also a victim here" She said.

The man finally raised up her chin putting a smile on his face. 

"Now please get up."

They stand up straight and fix their tux. "We will be waiting here. I hope you won't take a long time." he said.

Chaerin nodded and left upstairs. She change into a black dress and tied her hair. No make up was on. She don't know him, but she still respecting him on his last day. 

 

It was dark and gloomy. It is raining heavily. The funeral held was far away from her home. There are so many people were there but yet she know non of them. She doesn't want to create any speculation so stand y far from the crowd. She just there standing from the far. For an unknown reason, she feel a heavy burden in her heart. Since forever, she doesn't even remember the last time she visit any grave of going to any funeral. She doesn't even remember the last time, she put on this dress that her mom bought fo her just for attending these kind of events.

She doesn't know if she could go closer, stay or leave. The one who is in the coffin, she doesn't even know his name. The coffin was now out of sight. She know he already in.

"I don't know who you are, but I hope I've granted your last wish" She mumbled. The air was chilly, she hold her umbrella tight. 

For a few minutes, one by one start leaving. The event have come to the end. She know should probably should be leaving as well. The crowd now gone, leaving few that she concluded as the family member there. If they call him Young Master, he couldn't be from an ordinary family. She really should be leaving now if she doesn't want any trouble sooner or later. 

She was just a few steps away but there is a voice calling her, making her stop her steps. She turn around , looking at a graceful lady standing there with a man next to her, holding an umbrella. A smile was forced on her face. 

"Chaerin shi... Do you have some time?"