Stain Of Blood

The You Who Vow Not To Regret (HIATUS)

Chaerin was alone in the park , sitting on a grass full of dandelion grows. She is too focus on her reading. Soft wind blew her hair which she got distracting her. She pinned her hair behind her ears. She looks around looking at those dried leaves flying. Her eyes caught something. A figure standing infront of her, caught her attention. She taught she was alone all this time. She didn't even noticed of anyone moving around her. But not just that. Infront of her, it is like a mirror without it glass. A mirror that show the reflected differently on the same thing. Chaerin couldn't believe her eyes. Her eyes doesn't believe what she saw either.

Chaerin take a very careful look on the figure. She got a sad expression shown on her face. Chaerin wonder why.

"Hi, little Chaerin" She smile, tears caught on her eyes. "I am you."

Chaerin got herself speechless. She couldn't even move an inch. The reflection spoken. She doesn't mistaken anything.

"I made you shocked. I am sorry. Are you scared?" she ask

Chaerin got her head shaking without her noticing. 

"Non of this is real" She looks around, looking at all those beautiful flowers around her. "But I am. And for what I will tell you, it is all real"

"I am dreaming, right?" 

"Yes, little Chaerin. You are. This is all just a dream. This is the only chance I have to change our destiny. And I don't have much time to explain."

Chaerin is so confused. "Explain what?"

"Wake up. You have to go to the examination hall now, you will be late. The me at your time, decided not to take the examination, and it was a big mistake I have done. And now I living in full of regrets. Help me, Chaerin. It is hurts in here" She point to her heart and then she point to Chaerin's. "And soon, this will hurt too." She look into her eyes. 

"Who are you? Are you me? What do you mean by the you at my time? I don't understand"

"I am you from the future. I came to help you in order not to regret later. You have been living just fine until now, but in the future, you are full in regrets. And I am the one who is currently living that way. Please, Chaerin. Save our future. Up til now, I still hate living in regret. I always do. It hurts me a lots. I have been crying days and night but nothing change. This is the only chance I have to change the future, but there is nothing I can do. Only you can change our future."

"What have you done?"

She smiled. Her tears flowing down very fast. She hurt "Chaerin ah! You have to wake up now. You have to go now! You have to take the examination. Chaerin ! You are getting late! Wake up, Chaerin. Or this will be a greatest regret in your entire life. Wake up. You need to wake up now. Now!" and that figure disappeared.

 

She gasp! Eyes quickly open, she quickly get up and look around. Her breath was heavy. She still could clearly hear the voice. "What was that?" She got herself sweating hard. She cup her face, and stay that way for a while. Her head was spinning. She clearly remember all those words. Calming herself for minutes. "It just a dream" She said. She her hair, and check on her phone "9:03... the exam start in 27 minutes..." her voice was low.

She got up, walking to the bathroom. She wash her face. She look up into the mirror. She saw herself with a wet face. A towel at the side of the sink, reached, she wipe her face. She look up again into the mirror. For a while, the figure in her dream appear. Again, her expression was sad. Chaerin gasp, and quickly rub her eyes. She look up again, she's gone. She sigh "What the hell is this actually? I don't understand. It just a dream. Why should I worried so much." She stare herself in the mirror. "What will I regret? At least tell me..." her voice was low. She bit her lower lips. "I hate regretting anything!"

Chaerin reacts fast. Not even a proper bath, she grab all of her stuff and left exactly at 9:18am. again, she didn't take her breakfast, after being hungry all night.

She have been running along the street, looking at her watch "9:27am... I wouldn't make it. What will I regret? Even if I go and took that examination, I might not allowed to come in or I can't even answer anything. I don't even study for this! Why Am I even running?" She nag a lot. But yet, she still running. 

9:32 am.

Chaerin stopped in the middle of the street, taking a deep breath. She pants and sweats so hard. She have been running around 15 minutes less or more. Her college is still far away. "Aish!!" She take a deep breath and start to run until she heard someone's coughing. It is getting louder and it does sound really bad. There were no one around. She look into every corner from where she was. Her eyes caught a movement behind the van. She bend down and peek under the van. Her foots slowly moves toward, closer to take a clear look. Her eyes widen as she saw a bloody hand through under the van. She cup as she gasp. She afraid she might be screaming. Later, the cough getting worse to be hear. She could clearly hear the voice shuttering holding the pain but yet, not asking for help. She bites her lips hard. It is almost 9:40am and she is already freaking late. She hesitates. For the first time since forever, she hesitate. She never does. She always just did what she want and what she think is right.

She close her eyes and take a deep breath "Ah! the exam, I didn't want to take it anyway. I won't gonna make it and fail anyway." She shout, and rush toward the van. A guy , helplessly leaning to the wall behind the van. There was him, coughing blood to his death. His face was so pale, his blue vein could barely be seen. His lips drying and so does his tears. Clothes coated by blood. A burden in his heart was unbearable anymore. It was heavy. Squeezing hard in the chest. She quickly approached him, checking on his pulse. She took out her phone and immedietelly call 911. His breath was heavy, he hardly open his eyes. He have given up with life. The trace of his dried tears could be seen. 

"You will be okay! The ambulance is on their way." She take off her muffler scarf and wipe off the blood on his face. 

His weak eyes trembling, his mouth trying to said something but his voice are so weak to be heard. And again his eyes went back shut. His pulse was hardly to detect. She couldn't even feel his heartbeat. There is no more heavy breath.

"Don't panic, Chaerin ah! You got this." Her tears flowing fast. She never feel this scared in her life. She laid him down, pumping hard onto his chest. Again and again, deeper and deeper. "Come on! Don't make me regret this! Come on!" She shout. She yell. She pump even harder. 

She take a deep breath, bending down and performing the CPR. She was hope to death. She beg to God that what she is doing is right. She pump harder and their lips met again. "Paboya! Wake up already!" She knocked hard at once using his fist. The hardest she can give.

But there was nothing.

She collapse next to him. "What did I do wrong, Oh God?" Her voice were low, stucked in her tears. She scared. She teriffied to death. 

Suddenly, he cough.

Blood coming out of his mouth as his cough. Chaerin were surprise yet relief. She quickly shake him to make him stay awake. "Don't give up yet! Stay awake!" She help him rolled aside, letting him cough. The first time in her life, she saw too much blood infront of her eyes. Chaerin take off her coat and wrap around him, keeping him warm, she even wipe his mouth. 

"Stay with me. Don't go to sleep. The ambulance is on their way" Chaerin never experienced this. She doesn't even know what to do. All she can do just pat on his back everytime he cough out the blood. 

Less than seconds, the sound of the siren could be hear. Chaerin again, was very relief. She even almost cry again.