Speed Dial Number 3

The You Who Vow Not To Regret (HIATUS)

10;57am

Chaerin stood up from her seat where she have been waiting for almost half an hour. She walk weakly to the nearby toilet. Her hands were dried with blood. For half an hour, she just sat there , lost out of nowhere.

Her mind flew away, she couldn't even think. It was just an empty field in her brain. 

She look at her hand for a while. The pipe was swipe to the side. She grab the soap and try to remove the dried blood on her hands. There is some dried blood under her nails as well but she was too shocked at the moment. She just wash her hands while her mind is away. She is blank. An empty stare on her own hand.

She raise up her chin, looking into the mirror. There were blood on her lips. Her soft fingers tracing down her dried lips. Her thumbnail on her lips, but her eyes on the mirror.

She saw herself smiling when she is not. She saw that sad face is now finally smile happily. Her tears falling down again without noticing. She cup and let herself crying. It was so hard just now, she will regret if he didn't open up his eyes that moment.

She sprinkle some water on her white blouse that now turning to red. It was so thick, the stained won't even removed. She had nothing to cover it up. She was even trembling in cold. She didnt have her scarf and her coat with her.

 

 

"Are you his guardian?" Chaerin look up. A nurse is standing infront of her. 

She stand up from her seat again "I don't know if I could consider myself that way. I just met him" She said.

"I understand, miss. You don't have to worry. he will be fine. He is stable now. You did a great job back then, or he won't even make it this far" The nurse put on a smile on her face. "He is awake now, and he request to see you."

"Me? Now?" Chaerin point to herself. The nurse just nod. "Just don't push the patients to talk much, he lost a lot of blood." She said and bowed a bit before she left with the doctor that just came out of the room.

For a while, She stood infront of the door. Hesitating if she should enter or not. She was freeze.

"I could see you through the glass you know" a voice out of nowhere, weak but still able to reach her. It wakes Chaerin up. Now she realize that there was actually a small window glass on the door. She bit her lips again. 

"You will be fine" She whisper and properly knock the door. She slowly open it and there he is laying down weakly on the bed. She steps in and close the door. For a while she just stand there. She bowed.

He put a smile on his face weak, but sincere. He struggling to get up. 

"Oh! You shouldn't be moving too much. You are still weak." But yet, Chaerin rush to him, helping him sit.

He smiled again. 'Handsome. Now there were no blood covering his face, I could now see his handsome face..' Finally her mind start to work.

"Sit" He said.

"Ah!" That surprised her again. Clumsily she pull the chair and sit. He smiled for the fact of how adorable she is.

"Thank you for what you did back then. I am sure I made you shocked too much" he smiled.

"It was shocking. But it is fine. I glad you can make it. Thank you for not leaving me with regrets" She smiled. She does meant it. She glad, she realife. "When you lost your heartbeat, I was completely lost. If you couldn't make it back then, I might be regret my whole life leaving the house this morning."

He lost his words. Didn't expect that things turn out to be she is the one who would be thankful. 

"Jimin." Chaerin looks up. "Hmm?"

"It is Park Jimin." he reach out a hand for a hand shake.

"Oh! I am..." Just about she mentioning her name, while reaching out her hand as wel...

"Chaerin. Son Chaerin" She shocked but he smiled, He take her hands and shake a bit.

"How did you ...?" Again Jimin stop her words.

"There some blood stain under your nails. I bet there is some on your lips as well." Chaerin's eyes widen. She quickly pull her hand and cover .

'Aigoo.. kyeopta..' He couldn't help himself but to laugh due to the cuteness overloaded. "Ah!" He hold his chest. It does hurt everytime he laugh too much. He take a deep breath and look up to Chaerin again. he smiled, but his heart broke looking at how much he made her worried til she have to put on that face.

Blood were everywhere on her clothes. He could even see the dried blood on the hair that didn't cleaned well.

He reached out for his phone on the table next to him and gave it to her.

"The password is 0808"

Chaerin's blank. He doesn't hurt that much til he couldn't turn on his phone by his own, right? "Why?"

"Just in case anything happen to me again, press the speed dial number 3." He explained shortly.

"Eh? There will be next time?" Chaerin confused.

"Of course. I won't easily let you go after all this mess. You save my life, I should give you a proper thank."

"But I ..." Jimin interrupt. "I insisted" He smile. She don't know why but she couldn't refuse. This stranger infront of him, know something that she doesn't and she want to know what it is.

"Who is speed dial number 3?" 

"You don't need to know that." He said.

"I need to know who I will going to talk to later." 

He smiled. She got the point. She is cute. "Someone who will help to take care all this mess. That's all you need to know"

"Then what is speed dial number 1?"

"Mailbox" He fix his pillow and laid down. He closed his eyes trying to sleep.

"Number 2?"

He open his eyes, and look at her. "Try to rang the number if you are that curious." He smirk.

And yes. She did. I don't know where this girl got all the guts to call out an unknown number, but who care, it is not calling from her number anyway.She press the button and a familiar number appeared. Less than seconds, her phone rings. 

She took her phone out to see an unknown number on the screen. 

"Save it for later. That's mine" He said with his eyes closed.

"wait what? How did you... Who are you? No. What are you?" Chaerin raise up her voice a bit.

"This is a hospital Chaerin shi. And I don't have energy to argue right now." he really does sounds weak. "I don't think the blood stain can be removed. I will buy you a new coat and muffler. Can you come again tomorrow?" He look at her with a weak smile. He wanted to rest so bad.

"You don't have to..."

"Please?" 

"Let see if I have time tomorrow" She doesn't want to refuse someone who as weak as that but she couldn't even just agreed seeing him again and again. If she does, a relationship will be tied in no time. "You take your rest, I will leave for now. Do you want me to contact anyone to accompany you? Speed dial number 3 maybe?" She is concerned.

"He already on their way." He smiled. "Take care on your way home." He smiled.

"Okay then. I will come over tomorrow but I didn't promise you anything." He smiled. Seeing her face again, hearing her voice once again. He though was enough, he though his wish had been granted and he could now go in peace but he is wrong. He greed for more attention from her.

As Chaerin walk towards the door, he called.. "Chaerin ah~" His voice is fragile, shuddering calling out for her. Don't know why that voice weaken her. She turned to see him smiling at her again.

"Gomawo"

They both smiled. She glad, she didn't regret anything. She left with a satisfied heart. She never feel this satisfied before. For once she thanked him for a miserable day that she never experienced before. Well , her life is not that really boring , she though.