Mystery

I'm in Love with My Oppa

[Previously: Jinjoo learns that Junhyung oppa has a girlfriend. Junhyung apologizes for not telling Jinjoo earlier and suspects Jinjoo is hiding something from him.]

 

JUNHYUNG

 

    “I’m telling you, she’s hiding something.” 

 

    “And what could your little sister be hiding from you?” Doojoon asked. 

 

    I groaned, “I don’t know, but it’s so weird. It just feels like she’s keeping some distance. I hate it.” 

 

    “Oh? What did you do now?” He looked at me with a suspecting face.

 

    My eyes widened, offended that he blamed me without knowing the whole story. “Nothing! Why do you think that I did something?” 

 

    Doojoon leaned back on his couch, resting his head on his hands. “I met her a few times now. She loves you a lot, you know? I can tell.” He smiled, I’m assuming he was thinking back to the times he talked to Joo-ah. “She’s a cute little gal. There’s no reason for her to keep distance unless you did something.”

 

    Even though Doojoon was my best friend, I didn’t really like hearing him talk about my sister that way even if those were harmless compliments. But I decided to focus more on the matter at hand. What if he was right? Did I do something to make her mad? “I mean, she was kinda sad I didn’t tell her about Yu-hwa.”

 

    “You didn’t tell her about Yu-hwa!?” He contemplated, rubbing his fingers on his chin like some smart philosopher. “Okay, there are two things.” He said, making a peace sign with his fingers.

 

    “What?” 

 

    “One!” He held a finger up, “She’s sad you didn’t tell her about it!”

 

    I gave him a disapproving look, “I just told you that.” 

 

    “I wasn’t finished!” Doojoon exclaimed, “So, maybe she feels like you don’t trust her as much as before. It’s not just you who feels like your relationship has changed, you know. So, she’s probably building some walls up.”

 

    I took in the suggestion, still skeptical about it. Would she do that? I honestly didn’t know anymore.

 

    “Or two!” Doojoon held a peace sign again, “She’s jealous!”

 

    “Of what?”

 

    “Not of what. Of who.” He grinned. “She’s probably thinking that perfect Yu-hwa has taken her precious oppa away from her! That you won’t spend as much time with her anymore! That Yu-hwa will always be your top priority! That you will forget your little sister for your girlfriend!” He said dramatically.

 

    “Okay, I think you’re going a little too far on this. That’s not gonna happen.”

 

    “Hey, you never know. Love makes people blind.” Doojoon said.

 

    “Look, that’s not gonna happen.” I was sure of this. “I won’t do that to her.”

 

    “Alright, fine. But think about it, if she sees you, someone who has taken care of her since she was little, take care of another woman, that’d be weird don’t you think?” He thought about it a little, “I wouldn’t blame her if she got jealous.”

 

    He nodded, satisfied with his argument and continued, “You did tell me how much she depended on you as a kid.”

 

    “You’ve seen her.” Joo-ah was a completely different person from before. Not how Doojoon heard her to be. “She doesn’t need me to take care of her anymore.” I concluded.

 

    “Exactly. Now you only have Yu-hwa to take care of.” 

 

    For some reason, that didn’t sound right. “Just because Jinjoo doesn’t need me to take care of her anymore, doesn’t mean I’m going to stop.”

 

    Doojoon smiled, “Then there’s nothing you should worry about.”

 

    I scoffed, “Save that til after they meet Yu-hwa.”

 

    He gasped, “Oh right. They’re not meeting the special lady until after your parents come back, huh?” 

 

    “Yeah,” I confirmed, nervous about the meeting. I hoped they liked her. Yu-hwa has been pretty nervous about it too. She just moved back here and everything’s been so hectic. She’s been freaking out, I’ve been seeing her a lot lately to calm her nerves. Suddenly I remembered that we were going to have a date tomorrow and it’ll probably last til night time. Crap.

 

    “Hey, do you mind watching Jinjoo while I’m gone tomorrow?” I asked, not wanting her to be all alone in the house at night.

 

    “Sure, you can drop her off at my place tomorrow. I’m free.” He said, “Date with Yu-hwa?”

 

    “Yeah.” 

 

    “Nice.” Doojoon said, but came to a sudden thought, “Wait, is she cool with this?” 

 

    “Who?”

 

    “Jinjoo. She might not like to be babysat.”

 

    “I don’t want her alone in the house at night. Not until I come back at least.” I said. It’s never safe for girls.

 

    “Okay.”

 

    “Thanks man, I appreciate it.” I patted his shoulder.

 

    He grinned, “Anytime bro. Just make sure you talk to her okay? About the whole girlfriend thing and all. You need to clear things up a bit or at least give her some reassurance. She deserves it.” 

 

    I nodded, “I’ll try.” 

 

— 

 

A/N: hello there! this was a really short update omg, but do not fret bc i’m also updating the next chapter! heeheehee ;D