다시 만나자, 내가 너에게 가겠다 (Let's Meet Again, I'll Go to You)

나의 반쪽이야 (Half of Me)

== PROLOGUE ==

I can tell everyone in this world that you are my everythings, you are my world, and you are the reason to life. But when you are no longer here, I cam’t tell everyone that I have everything, I can’t even life in this world again and I can’t even have the reason to continue breathing in this meaningless world. Although we can’t be together in this life, but I promised you that I’ll be the one that find you in our next life.

(May 20th, 2017)

 

== CHAPTER 10 ==

            It’s already 1 week after Ki Hyun started to coughs a lot and his health getting worse as the day passed.

            “Orabeoni [Brother], what if we see the physician?” asked Ah Young.

            “No, it’s okay,” answer Ki Hyun.

            “But seems getting worser day by day,” said Ah Young.

            “Gwaenchanhda [I am fine],” said Ki Hyun. “I’ll go to see Minister Chae now,”

            Ki Hyun walking through the door of his small house, but then he fainted.

            “Orabeoni [Brother]!”

            Ah Young checked Ki Hyun’s condition. At that time, the childrens are not home.

            “Abeoji  [Father]!”

            Hwa Rang comes home at the right time. So he helps Ah Young to move his father’s body to the bed.

            “What happened?” asked Hwa Rang.

            “I think we should call for the physician right now,” answer Ah Young.

            “Alright, I’ll go to call for a physician,” said Hwa Rang.

            Hwa Rang runs from his home to see the physician nearby. Although it’s already evening and some physician might be still at their work.

            “Abeoji [Father],” said Yoon Jin as he enters his home.

            “What happened?” asked Hwa Young.

            “Your father fainted,” answer Ah Young.

            “Then, Hwa Rang Hyung?” asked Yoon Gi.

            “He call for a physician to check on your father,” answer Ah Young.

            “Abeoji [Father],” said Yoon Ah while holding onto her father’s hand tightly.

            After waiting for about 30 minutes, Hwa Rang come back with a Physician Jang from Minister of Health. Thankfully because he found the physician because Minister Chae helped him to meet Physician Jang, so that Physician Jang can do some check on Ki Hyun.

            “Let me check his condition,” said Physician Jang.

            Ah Young take Yoon Ah to move because Physician Jang needs to check Ki Hyun’s condition. As he checked on Ki Hyun’s condition, his face looked really serious and more serious. Everyone who can see Physican Jang’s facial expression can conclude that Ki Hyun’s conditions seems serious.

            “May I asked you something?” asked Physician Jang.

            “Ye [Yes],” answer Ah Young.

            “Since when did he start coughs a lot?”

            “It’s around 3 or 4 days ago,”

            “Did he eaten something strange a few days ago before he start coughing?”

            “I am not sure about that but around 3 or 4 days ago, he start to coughs a lot and even hes face looks really pale,”

            “Then did he show another symptom like vomiting or high fever during that day?”

            “He didn’t vomit but he has high fever and he said that his chest really hurts and even he lost his apetite,”

            Physician Jang looked at Ki Hyun and tried to check his condition again.

            “Did something serious happen to our father?” asked Hwa Rang.

            “I am sorry but he showed the symptoms of poisoned,” answer Physician Jang.

            “MWO [WHAT]?”

            Ah Young really shocked as she heard what Physician Jang’s said.

            “If the symptoms that you told me earlier happen and as I checked on his condition, it may be caused by the poison that can kill him slowly,” said Physician Jang.

            “Maldo andwae [No way]!” said Hwa Young.

            “Can you help him?” asked Ah Young.

            “We need antidote to help him recover and save him from the critical condition,” answer Physcian Jang.

            “Where can we find the antidote?” asked Hwa Rang.

            “We can’t find it anywhere,” answer Physician Jang.

            “Why?” asked Ah Young.

            “Because the antidote of this poison is really rare and only toxicologist who had the antidote, answer Physician Jang.

            “Then can we use another medicine?” asked Ah Young.

            “We can help him with another medicine but the poison already spreading into his body and I am afraid if we give him another medicine it’ll only caused the trigger for the poison and the poison keep spreading. Because there are some substance that might didn’t match and if we give him the medicine with opposite substance, it’ll only caused his condition worser and we can’t help him” explain the Physician Jang.

            “So, what can we do to save him?” asked Hwa Young.

            “From now, we can’t do anything but I can help to give the medicine that prevents for the poison to spread more,” answer Physician Jang.

            Physician jang write down the prescription and give it to Ah Young.

            “Gamsahamnida [Thank you],” said Ah Young.

           “If his fever still high and if he shows any another symptoms, make sure to let me know as soon as possible,”

            “Ye [Yes],”

            “I’ll try to ask the Royal Physician and Royal Pharmacist if they still have the antidote or not,”

            “Ye, jeongmal gamsahamnida [Yes, thank you so much],”

            After checked his condition, Physician Jang left Yoo Family’s house.

            “Why did it happen?” asked Hwa Rang.

            “As I remember he didn’t eat something strange,” said Ah Young.

            “I hope everything is okay,” said Hwa Young.

***

 

            After meeting some men from his father’s academy, General Im rushed to the Crown Princess’s quarters. He needs to inform the Crown Princess about the news that he got from his men.

            “Is the Crown Princess in her room?” asked General Im.

            “Ye [Yes],” said Lady Song. “I can inform her that you are here,”

            “No need, I’ll go to her room now,” said General Im.

            General Im enters the Crown Princess room. In her room, Ji Hyeon apparently was embroidering a clothess. She was embroidering the clothes for her children and a handkerchief for a man that always in her heart, forever.

            “Gongju Mama [Your Highness],” said General Im from the outside.

            As she knows that General Im is coming, she lets General Im entering her room.

            “You may in,” said Ji Hyeon.

            General Im open Ji Hyeon’s room door and greets her.

            “What’s brings you here?”

            “I have some important information for you,”

            The information about Ki Hyun’s condition already up to Ji Hyeon’s ears through General Im.

            “How his condition?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Yesterday they let Physician Jang to check his condition and as I heard from my men that his condition is getting worse day by day,” answer General Im.

            “Then, I should go to see him right now,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon was going to come out from her room, but the Crown Prince already stayed outside her quarters.

            “Gongju Mama [Your Highness], the Crown Prince is here,” said Lady Song.

            “Tell him that I am really busy,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Even without Ji Hyeon’s permission, the Crown Prince already entering to Ji Hyeon’s room.

            “Busy?” asked the Crown Prince.

            “I need to go somewhere,” answer Ji Hyeon.

            The Crown Prince looking around and he find Lady Song and General Im there.

            “Leave us alone,” said the Crown Prince.

            “No, General Im,” Ji Hyeon stopped General Im.

            “Leave us alone, it’s an order,” said the Crown Prince.

            Lady Song and General Im left Ji Hyeon’s room.

            “Where are you going?” asked the Crown Prince.

            “I need to go somehere,” answer Ji Hyeon.

            “You can’t go to anywhere,” said the Crown Prince.

            Ji Hyeon looked at the Crown Prince.

            “It’s an order,” said the Crown Prince.

            “Do you already know about this too, right?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Mwoga [What is it]?” asked the Crown Prince back.

            “Stop pretending like you didn’t know anything,” answer Ji Hyeon.

            “What are you talking about?” asked the Crown Prince.

            “I need to see him right now,” said Ji Hyeon.

            The Crown Prince indeed already knows about what happened.

            “Andoemnida [You can’t],” said the Crown Prince.

            “Why?”

            “Didn’t you hear that I just said that you can’t go anywhere and it’s an order?”

            “Seja Joha [Crown Prince],”

***

 

            As the days passed, Ki Hyun’s condition getting worser and he is even about to dies. Ji Hyeon only can hear the information about him through General Im. She really wants to go to see him right now before everything too late. She is heading to the Crown Prince’s quarters. As he saw the Crown Princess, Eunuch Kim informs the Crown Prince about Ji Hyeon arrival.

            “Let her in and nobody can enter my room,” said the Crown Prince.

            Eunuch Kim back to inform the Crown Princess that she may go in and inform the maids and eunuchs that they are prohibites to enter the Crown Prince’s room.

            “Buthakhamnida, Seja Joha [I beg you, Crown Prince],” said Ji Hyeon.

            The Crown Prince only looks at her and only sitting on his couch.

            “Min Hyuk-a…”

            This is the first time since they are together as husband and wife for Ji Hyeon to calls the Crown Prince by his real name. But after she calls the Crown Prince with his name, she is kneels down to beg to the Crown Prince.

            “Buthakhamnida [I beg you],”

            This is not the first time for the Crown Prince to see Ji Hyeon kneeling down right before his eyes. He stands from his couch and go to Ji Hyeon.

            “Ireonara [Get up],” said the Crown Prince.

            “Please let me see him before everything’s too late,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon cried and the Crown Prince holds her to get up.

            “Why are you being like this?” asked the Crown Prince.

            “Buthakhamnida [I beg you],” said Ji Hyeon.

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

            “Aba Mama [Father],”

            The sweet voice that can stops Ji Hyeon from crying and shocks the Crown Prince because their youngest daughter was there.

            “Na Bi-ya, why are you here?” asked the Crown Prince.

            “Please let Eomma Mama [Mother] go,” said Na Bi.

            “Na Bi-ya…”

            “Please let Eomma Mama go,” said Na Bi again.

            “This is not something that a children like you can understand. So that now you---,”

            Na Bi cut off her father’s word.

            “Doesn’t your heart hurt seeing her cried and begged for you like that?” asked Na Bi.

            “Na Bi-ya…”

            Na Bi also kneeling down right before Min Hyuk’s eyes.

            “Na Bi-ya…”

            Ji Hyeon startled seeing the daughter that she always treats coldly even begged for her.

            “Na Bi-ya, ireona [get up],” said the Crown Prince.

            “I won’t get up unless you let Eomma Mama go,” said Na Bi.

            “Na Bi-ya, ireona [get up],” said Ji Hyeon too.

            “Shirheo [I don’t want to],” said Na Bi. “I see him in person and he is really a good person, so why you can’t Eomma Mama see him? Buthakhamndia, Aba Mama [I begged you, Father],”

            Because Na Bi also begged for her mother, then the Crown Prince had no choice but to let Ji Hyeon go.

            “Na Bi-ya, gomawo [thank you],” said Ji Hyeon.

            “Eomma Mama, go to his place right now. He is waiting for you,” said Na Bi.

            As the Crown Prince gave her permission to see Ki Hyun, she rushed to Yoo Family’s house. And as she arrived to Yoo Family’s house, she enters that small house again for the first time after a the past few years.

            “Ki Hyun-a…”

            Although he can only lying down on his bed, but as he heard Ji Hyeon’s voice, he smiled because Ji Hyeon came to see him. Ah Young tried to help him to get up.

            “Ki Hyun-a…”

            “Wasseo [You’re here]?”

            Ji Hyeon hugged him tightly.

            “How can I didn’t came to see you?”

            “I am glad because in my last moments, I can see you again. I can see your face, I can hear your voice and I can even hugged you like this for the last time,”

            “No, don’t ever say those words again. I’ll send the Royal Physicians and Royal Pharmachist to treat you,”

            “Gwaenchanha [I am fine],”

            Ji Hyeon looked at Ah Young.

            “The poison already spreads into the whole body,” said Ah Young.

            Ji Hyeon looked at Ki Hyun.

            “You know that you’re poisoned, right?”

            Ki Hyun only nodded.

            “Then, why did you still drank it?”

            “In order to save you and our childrens,”

            Ji Hyeon hugged him again. She cried.

            “Anyway, this is my fate. We can’t do anything about that,”

            “Aniyo [No], you should hold it,”

            “Ji Hyeon-a, saranghanda [I love you],”

            “Ki Hyun-a, andwae [no]…”

            “I’ll make sure that we can meet again in our next life,”

            That was the last sentence from Ki Hyun’s mouth and also the last breath.

            “Andwae, andwae [No, No], Ki Hyun-a… ANDWAE [NO]!!!”

            “ABEOJI [FATHER]…”

            “ORABEONI [BROTHER]!”

            Ji Hyeon still hugged him. Even she hugged Ki Hyun’s body more tightly and cried. She really can’t bear Ki Hyun die in her arm.

            “ANDWAE [NO], Ki Hyun-a….”

***

 

            A few days after Ki Hyun’s death, Ji Hyeon asked to meet with Ah Young. She even invited Ah Young to go to Im Martial Arts Academy so that no one can hear what are they talking about.

            “Gongju Mama [Your Highness],”

            “Don’t address me as the Crown Prince here,”

            “Ah… ye [yes]…”

            “I need to ask you for a favor,”

            “What is it?”

            “Please take my childrens as far was possible from this place. No matter where you go, if you wants you can take them to Qing or another country as long as you guys safe,”

            “Why suddenly---,”

            “It’s an order!”

            “Didn’t you---,”

            “In order to protect you and my childrens,”

            “Eonni [Sister]…”

            “I’ll send someone to help you get the boat to travel and some men as your guard,”

            Ah Young only looked at Ji Hyeon. She knows really well how much Ji Hyeon loves Ki Hyun and her childrens.

            “Algesseumnida, Gongju Mama [I understand, Your Highness],”

            “I trust them to you,”

            After meeting Ah Young, Ji Hyeon is right back to the palace. She is heading to her quarters. But on the way, she meets Im Ji Eun, the royal concubine.

            “Gongju Mama [Your Highness],” Im Ji Eun greets Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon only looked at her with sad eyes. Im Ji Eun doesn’t know what to do too when she realizes that Ji Hyeon looked at her with sad eyes.

            “I hope you can have a son with the Crown Prince and be the good Queen later,”

            “Ye [Pardon]?”

            Im Ji Eun didn’t understand what Ji Hyeon means. She was going to ask it but Ji Hyeon already left.

***

 

            Tonight, the weather feels really cold, even the moon still hiding under the dark clouds as if it doesn’t want to give some light to the earth. Although tonight is really cold, but Ji Hyeon only wears her white gown, all in white as if she was going to sleep. But the time still around 7 pm, not that late and usually she slept around 9 pm. She sat down alone at her couch. She grabbed the handkerchief with the beautiful red rose embroidery that she made herself. As she touchs the embroideries, her tears falling down again and the moments with Ki Hyun and their childrens comes into her mind.

            “Let’s meet again in our next life,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon shut herself in her room and didn’t let anyone in to her room. She really wants to be alone.

            “I’ll make sure that I’ll be the one that find you,”

            Ji Hyeon grabbed the white bowl with the liquid on it. Without second thought and without hesitating again, she drank it all. Yes, it was a poison.

            Meanwhile, the Crown Prince really worried and force to enter to Ji Hyeon’s room.

            “Andoemnida, Joha [You can’t Your Highness],” said General Im.

            “I don’t care,” said the Crown Prince.

            But as he opens the Ji Hyeon’s room door, it’s already too late. Because Ji Hyeona already dranks all the poison. General Im who came with the Crown Prince also startled because he saw his best friend is about to die.

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

            The Crown Prince holds Ji Hyeon into his arms.

            “Why’d you do this?” asked the Crown Prince.

            “Dwaettnya [Are you satisfied]?” asked Ji Hyeon back.

            The Crown Prince can see that Ji Hyeon’s skin gettings pale and her condition getting worse.

            “BRING THE ROYAL PHYSICIAN RIGHT NOW!!!” said the Crown Prince.

            Eunuch Kim told some maids to bring for the Royal Physician.

            “Why did you do that?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

            “Are you satisfied now?”

            “Jebal [Please]…”

            “I’ll go to see him now,”

            “An---andwae, andwae [N-no, no], Ji Hyeon-a…”

            Ji Hyeon closed her eyes. Her hands dropping and she stops breathing.

            “Ji Hyeon-a… Andwae, andwae [No, no], Ji Hyeon-a… ANDWAE [NO]!!!”

            The Crown Prince hugged Ji Hyeon’s body rightly. He cried badly. But no matter how much he cried or no matter how tight he hugged her, but she already gone.

            “Gongju Mama [Your Highness]…”

            Even General Im who really good at martial arts feels that his leg really weak to see what just happen right before his eyes.

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

***

 

Flashback about 2 weeks ago…

            Today the library really busy because a lot of scholar who come to the library to read some books. The scholar needs to prepare for thie examination so that they can graduate from Sungkyungkwan Academy with the ebst result and can get a proper position in the government or working as the civil officer. As he seen a lot of Sungkyungkwan Academy who come to the library, it’s bringing the old memories to the man called Yoo Ki Hyun. Yes, he remembers that moments when he also struggled hard to graduate from Sungkyungkwan Academy the married to the woman that he really loves.

            As he gets off from the work, someone blocked his way.

            “Nuguseyo [Who are you]?” asked Ki Hyun.

            “Someone important wants to meet you,” answer that man.

            That man brought Ki Hyun to a home.

            “Naeuri [Sir], he is here,” said that man.

            “Let him in,” said someone from inside the house.

            “You can go in,” said that man.

            Ki Hyun entering that house and as he step in, he really startled to see someone who is already waiting for him.

            ‘Deureoga [Come in]…” said that man.

            Ki Hyun entering the house and only stands in distance from that man.

            “Anja [Sit down],” said that man.

            Ki Hyun sits on the pad that already prepared there.

            “It’s been really long time, Ki Hyun-a, my best friend,” said that man.

            Yes, that man is Lee Min Hyuk, the Crown Prince.

            “Why did you ask to meet me in private like this?” asked Ki Hyun.

            “As always, you’re always be that straightforward,” said Min Hyuk.

            Min Hyuk toying with him.

            “Mashyeora [Drink it],” said Min Hyuk.

            “What are you planned?” asked Ki Hyun.

            “It’s only a greeting for me that we can’t manage to meet or hang out again together for this past few years,”

            “What do you want?” asked Ki Hyun.

            Min Hyuk smiles, but this time not that warm or cheerful smile that he always showed. He smiles with his sly smile.

            “I think I don’t need to explain anything again to you since you already aware about that too. If you want to protect your cousin and your childrens, then you shouldn’t have to meet with her again. Since you already know too that now she is my wife. We have 3 daughters and our daughters need their mother. But if you insisted to stay in the same lifetime with her, you should make a sacrifice in order to make sure that your cousin and your childrens are safe. Also, in order to make sure that she’s safe and sound too,”

            Ki Hyun holds that tiny bowl. If the man that sits in front of him right now not the Crown Prince, he can kill him right away.

            “Do you get it?” asked Min Hyuk.

            Ki Hyun looked at Min Hyuk with his fierce eyes, but then he drank it all. The ‘tea’ that has been prepares special by the Crown Prince of this country for his best friend.

            “Do you know what was it?” asked Min Hyuk.

            “Amnida [I know],” answer Ki Hyun.

            “Gomabda [Thank you], you’re indeed my best friend,” said Min Hyuk.

            “But!”

            “Why?”

            “If you dare to lay a hand to touch my childrens and my cousin, I can’t let you life peacefully. Also, if you dare to make her cry again, I can’t even forgive you,”

            Although Ki Hyun knows that the ‘tea’ that he just drank is the poisoned tea, but he choose the right way in order to protect Ji Hyeon, their childrens and also his small family. Although the poison didn’t kill him right away after he drank it, but slowly that poison can take his live, unpredictable. Ki Hyun can predict what will happen to him after he drank that poisoned tea, but at least he can make sure that his beloved person can be safe and sound. His love for them is not even a match to that poisoned tea and not even match for his ‘best friend’ who betray him and stole her girl.

End of flashback…

***

 

== THE END ==

 

== EPILOGUE ==

The happiest moments in my life was when I can be with you, when I can spend my time with you, when I can see your face, when I can see your voice and when I can hug you tightly as if no one can separate us again. Although we can’t be together in this life time, but believe me, as I prayed everyday to the Heaven to let us together again in our (every) next life. I’ll be waiting for you until your heart realizes that we’re bound to be together.

[Ki Hyun ver.]

 

= X = X = X = X = X = X = X =

 

In order to pay all my sins for you because I can’t be with you in this life time, I’ll make sure that I’ll be the one who’ll find you in our next time. I’ll be the one that always missing you for every days, even missing you for every minutes and every seconds. As my heart can tell and can find you, I’ll go to you as if nothing can stop me again to be with you again. No matter what happen, I’ll protect you and make sure that we can be together forever.

[Ji Hyeon ver.]