Chapter 7

Still Not Enough for You

 

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm that has been beeping nonstop.

 

Ugh. Stop already.

 

I groaned and tried to press the off button on top of my alarm by using one of my hand with my eyes closed. I just randomly tapped everything that is placed around my nightstand until I found the alarm button. Which I did couple of seconds later.

 

I rolled over to my side and do a little stretching. I tried to open my eyes but I was blinded by the ray of sunlight that peeked through my window. It felt so blinding that I have to squint my eyes. I tried to get up only to be greeted by a throbbing headache, which gets even worse when I tried to sit down.

 

God… how many drinks I had last night.

 

I cursed myself inside my mind for drinking too much and now I have to pay for it with this hangover. I sat up and lean onto my bed’s headboard while waiting for the throbbing to cool down.

 

When it finally did, I get up from my bed and walked towards my bathroom to find some aspirins to cure this headache. Because the aspirins are placed on the medicine cabinet on top of my bathroom sink, I happened to see myself on the mirror. And God…

 

I look freaking terrible!

 

I had dark eye bags around my eyes, my hair is sticking out messily like a bird’s nest, I look like a zombie precisely.

 

Ugh… what a horrible view.

 

I walk back inside my bedroom to check my phone. Come to think of it, how did I get back yesterday. Judging from how I ended up looking like just now and how I don’t remember how my night ended yesterday, I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to go home by myself.

 

I grab my purse that sits on my nightstand and search for my phone. Once I’ve found it, I quickly open it and there has been tons of miscall and messages from Dara. I open them and read it.

 

‘Yah! wake up drunk head. You will be late for work’

‘Are you still sleeping? Oh my God what am I going to do with you’

‘Wake the hell up woman! Don’t tell me you overslept’

 

I read all the messages from Dara and everything is just her desperately waking me up. I checked the clock afterwards and was shocked to death when the clock shows 9:00 a.m. And I'm supposed to be there by 8. 

 

! I’m so late for work!

 

I stormed off quickly to the bathroom and take probably the fastest shower I’ve ever taken. I don’t even have the time to wash my hair anymore, I’ll just use dry shampoo for the time being.

 

After showering, I put on the simplest makeup that I surprisingly could pull off in just 10 minutes. I pick the first outfit that I see and put it on. I managed to finish getting ready in just less than 30 minutes which is totally my new record.

 

I grab my purse, phone and other things that I need to bring, put on my shoes and quickly go down to the lobby of my apartment. Thank God there are always cabs waiting outside my apartment so I don’t need to spent more time looking for a cab.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

After making it through the traffic which is unusually long, I surprisingly made it to the office before 10 a.m.

 

“Good morning my beloved boss” Dara greeted me with a playful smile.

 

“Morning…” I said while dragging myself lazily into my office.

 

I guess I drank way too much yesterday since I can still feel the headache from the hangover even though I took aspirins already. I made a mental note to myself to never drink during workdays ever again.

 

“I feel like a zombie” I said while throwing my body, stomach down, to the couch that I set up inside my office.

 

During the days when I worked day and night in this office, I get lack of sleep almost everyday. So, I decided to set up a couch here so I can easily take a nap here instead of going back home just for a short nap.

 

I hardly use it nowadays since I don’t work nonstop like that anymore. But for now, I’m really glad I still keep this couch.

 

“Well, you must be. Considering how drunk you were last night” Dara said while gently giving my head a massage. Which felt so good and just exactly what I needed right now.

 

“What happened last night? I can’t quite remember” I said while closing my eyes.

 

“Well, you got too carried away with the celebration and drank two bottles of soju. If it hadn’t been for Seunghyun who stopped you, maybe you would be drinking 3 bottles” she chuckles.

 

Now that explains this crappy hangover I’m having.

 

“Then? Who brought me back?”

 

“Then you out suddenly. Me and Seunghyun took you back. I changed your clothes while you’re sleeping like a baby” she said. “Oh, and you puked a lot on the way back”

 

“What?? Did I puke in Seunghyun’s car?” I turned my body and faced Dara with a shocked expression.

 

Seunghyun probably hates me now if I really puked in his car…

 

I know how sensitive he can gets when it comes to cleanliness. 

 

“No silly, when you showed signs that you’re gonna puke, we immediately stop the car and let you puke at the side of the road” she chuckles.

 

“Oh thank God” I said in relief.

 

“How about you go take a nap here and when you wake up later, I will brew you some tea to make you feel better” she smiled.

 

“Yeah, that sounds like the last thing I really want to do” I chuckle. “Thank you Dara”

 

She smiled and nodded before leaving me to take a nap on the couch. I heard the sound of the door closing before drifting off to sleep.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

I woke up this time to the smell of hot tea being brewed. I immediately know that it is the smell of my favorite tea, Chamomile tea. My second favorite drink after cappuccino. I drink tea during times that I need some relaxation and refreshments.

 

“You’re up just in time” Dara said as she approaches me with a cup of hot tea on her hand.

 

“Here, drink this” she handed me the cup.

 

I sat up on the couch and carefully take the cup from her since it’s still hot and I don’t want to burn my fingers.

 

“Thanks” I said as I bring the cup closer to my mouth.

 

The thing about drinking tea for me is that I always smell them first before taking a sip. That way I can smell the Chamomile fragrance from the tea before tasting it.

 

“You feel better now?”

 

“Yeah, much better” I nodded and continue enjoying my tea.

 

“Well, when you’re done, come out. There’s someone who wanted to meet you” Dara said before standing up and leave my office.

 

Someone wants to meet me? I don’t remember having an appointment today…

 

Still confused by what Dara had said, I tried to finish my tea as quickly as possible even though it is still hot.

 

Well I guess I’ll have to find out on my own.

 

After finishing my tea, I put the cup down on the coffee table in front of the couch and walk towards the full-body mirror that I have in my office. I adjust my look once again to make sure I didn’t have a bed head or drools on my face.

 

Let’s greet the guest then.

 

I take a final look at the mirror before walking out from my office, feeling much better than this morning.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Who’s the guest?” I asked Dara.

 

“I am” someone said from behind my back.

 

I turned around to face a very familiar face that keeps on showing up these past few days.

 

“You… what are you doing here?” I said with my arm crossed.

 

“Whoa, is that how you treat your guest?” he chuckles.

 

“Yah, seriously what are you doing here”

 

“I just wanted to visit you and see how you’re doing. And maybe hoping I could drop you off?” he smiled shyly.

 

“You could’ve just texted me. That’s what you do when you have my number”

 

“Well, I did. But you didn’t reply so I might as well come visit you. You know… to see whether you’re still alive or not” he chuckles.

 

I glared at him. This is definitely not what I wanted to encounter after waking up from the nightmare that happens this morning.

 

I turned around, wanting to go back to my office. I’m sure there are plenty of paperwork waiting for me on my desk. And I need to finish it if I want to go home today.

 

“Hey, where are you going??”

 

“Work” I said shortly without stopping my walk.

 

“So, what about my offer?”

 

“No, I have lots of work to do. Don’t burden yourself and just go home” I said as I enter my office and close the door. Leaving him no chance to say anything else.

 

I’m serious about thinking of him as my friend. But this is definitely not the kind of friendship that I want. He just constantly bugging me, especially when I wanted to be alone. Even Dara knows well to leave me alone when I want to be alone.

 

I rolled my eyes just at the thought of it.

 

Well, better get these papers done as they won’t finish it themselves.

 

.

.

.

.

 

By the time I’m done with my work, it is already past the closing time of my boutique. Dara must have dismissed everyone by now. It’s normal for me to work until this late though, it’s not like I have anything else to do. So I might as well work my off.

 

I yawned and do some stretching. Sitting straight on a chair for couple of hours sure do affect my back bones. I can even hear them cracking when I do the stretching.

 

I decided that it’s time to go home now since it’s getting late. Dara came in earlier and told me that she’s going to leave first.

 

So, it’s just me then…

 

I tidy up my desks which is full of papers and gather my things. Once I’m done, I turn off the AC and the lights of my office before walking out.

 

It’s a little dark already inside the boutique since Dara probably turned off some of the lights. But the only remaining light that is on is at the clothes displays section. That is where I display all my clothes for sale and where I had set up a couch too for my customers to sit down.

 

I didn’t suspect anything and just walk normally like how I used to everyday and proceed to turn off the light. That is until I saw a figure sitting on the couch which almost gave me a heart attack.

 

I approach the figure and turns out it’s him again, falling asleep on the couch.

 

Was he waiting for me until now?

 

I shook his shoulder lightly. “Yah, wake up”

 

He wakes up a few seconds later and rubs his eyes like a little kid who just woke up. “Hey” he said after regaining his soul.

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

“Told you I wanted to drive you home” he smiled.

 

“You waited for me till now?”

 

“Yeah?” he smiled shyly.

 

“Unbelievable” I rolled my eyes, “fine let’s go home”.

 

The ride back home is surprisingly quiet and peaceful. He’s not talkative at all and the radio is the only sound that can be heard. He did speak a word or two but compared to last time, he’s definitely more quiet.

 

“Why are you doing this?” I said first.

 

“Doing what?”

 

“This. Being too nice to me. We just known each other for like what, a week?”

 

“I don’t know… I just have this feeling of wanting to be nice to you” he looked at me for a second before focusing to the road again.

 

“Well, whatever you’re hoping to get from me, forget it. Don’t hope too much from me” I said.

 

“I don’t want anything from you. I just… want to be friends with you again”

 

“Again?” I said confusedly.

 

“Ah, no… I mean I want to be friends with you again you know, after meeting you couple of times” he chuckles nervously.

 

“Fine, I’ll let you be my friend. But still, don’t set a high hope with me” I warn him.

 

Well, I might be too confident by saying that, but it’s better I told him now than later right? At least I’m saving him from a heartbreak.

 

“Okay, I’ll keep that in mind” he smiled.

 

Good to know he’s cool with it.

 

Not long after that, we reached our destination and he stopped in front of my apartment lobby.

 

“Thank you, I’m sorry for troubling you”

 

“No, not at all. It’s my idea anyways”

 

“Be careful on your way back. Goodnight Taeyang” I smiled and open the car door.

 

“Goodnight Bom”