Chapter 14

Still Not Enough for You

 

“They’re here” I heard Dara said through the office phone. I had it installed to make it easier for her to inform me something, instead of going back and forth towards my office.

 

“Alright, bring them in”

 

Today is the official day of the project meeting. It’s finally happening and I don’t know if I’m ready or not. But I will try my best to act as professional as possible during the meeting.

 

When Dara informed me about the schedule for the meeting, I immediately started preparing myself mentally and physically for this day. And probably for the rest of the meetings in the future as well.

 

I clear up all the files that I have been working on earlier on the desk and put them into a neat pile. I walked towards the full-body mirror that I have in my office to check my look. I need to make sure that I look presentable on our first meeting. This is the first step that I can take to act professionally. It’s a tiny step, but hey, it’s better than nothing.

 

Not long after that, I heard a knock on the door and I know that the time has finally come. I took a deep breath and exhale it before walking over to the door and open it. Revealing two men and a woman that I’m supposed to meet.

 

“Good afternoon!” I greet them, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. “Please come in and take a seat” I usher them to the couch inside my office.

 

“Afternoon Bom!” Chaerin greets me cheerfully. She’s the first one who enters my office, followed by Taeyang who gives me his signature eye smile. And the last one is Jiyong, who gives me a warm smile.

 

I smile back at each one of them. But I find it hard to sustain myself when I look at him. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me because I find him very attractive right now. And he didn’t even do anything. He just sits there, acting all cool and handsome.

 

Oh God, Bom what are you thinking! Stop now!

 

I closed my eyes for a second to regain myself back before approaching them, who has settled down on the couch.

 

“Alright everyone, today is finally our first official meeting as a complete team” I said as I stand in front of them. “First of all, I would like to apologize for what happened last time. I know that we all know each other already, but I would like to give an official introduction as your work colleague”.

 

I introduced myself formally to them as if we have just met each other and bow down 90 degrees. And all of them play along, they all introduced themselves one by one and bow down as well.

 

And thus, we begin our meeting. There are so many things I need to discuss with them, especially with Taeyang and Jiyong since they were never present on the previous meetings. Well, maybe except Jiyong, since Chaerin probably already fill him up with the discussions from previous meetings in detail.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Discussions after discussions, notes after notes, the meeting has been going on for an hour already and I’m starting to feel tired. There are so many things that they demand from the designs and I need to take each and every note of it. Especially when Jiyong was discussing about the detail of the clothes. I know how he is when it comes to detail, he wouldn’t want me to left out even a single detail. So, I tried my best to catch everything he said and jotted it down on my notes.

 

I also showed them my designs so far for the project and I earned praises from both of them. However, they would like me to change a little bit here and there on the details. There was a battle between them about which idea is better to be used. It got pretty intense for a moment but thank God, they managed to come up with a solution.

 

I have to admit that Taeyang and Jiyong turns to a complete different person when it comes to work. Taeyang is not the usual talkative and friendly guy I knew, he’s way more serious right now. He doesn’t even chuckle throughout the whole meeting. Jiyong also has the same expression like him, it’s almost like they’re twins. From all the years I’ve known Jiyong, I knew that he is very serious when it comes to work but I have never witness how he acts during business meetings until now. Both of them are bold and definitely know exactly what they want.

 

They are way more professional than I have ever been, which I admire a lot. It makes me feel like I still have a lot to learn. Maybe by attending these meetings with them, it can help me observe and learn more from them.

 

I take a quick glance at Chaerin and she’s just as busy as I am. Jotting down almost everything that comes out of his boss’s mouth. Her handwriting has become more like a scribble now because she’s writing everything down very fast. And both Taeyang and Jiyong showed no sign of ending this meeting anytime soon.

 

*sighs* this is going to be a long day… my poor hand…

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Alright, I think that’s all I wanted to discuss on today’s meeting” Jiyong finally said the magic word. “I’ll discuss the rest on the next meeting”.

 

I almost could feel myself rolling my eyes right after he said that. Apparently, an almost three-hour meeting is not enough to satisfy Jiyong. He has been talking non-stop throughout the meeting and yet he still got more leftover discussions that he would like to save for the next meeting.

 

“Please make the changes that I told you before to your designs, I would like to see the progress on the next meeting” Jiyong said to me and I nodded.

 

“Anybody else wanted to add something?” I asked.

 

There is a silence for a moment, everyone looks at each other, waiting for someone to say something. But apparently, nobody speaks a word. That means we’re done for the day.

 

Finally, the torture ends… for now…

 

“Alright, since nobody wants to add anything then our meeting is considered done” I smiled. “Thank you for all of your time to participate in this meeting. I look forward to our next meeting and hopefully everyone will be present” I shot a quick glare at Jiyong, as if I’m sending him a warning to show up on the next meeting through telepathy.

 

“Thank you Bom! We’ll be leaving now” Chaerin said and start packing up her things, dropping a few papers out of her files on the process. I chuckled at her clumsy act and she only smiles shyly.

 

After everyone finished packing up their things, I walk them out of my office. But before we reached the front door of my boutique, Taeyang stops me. “Bom?”

 

I turn to face him, “what’s up?”

 

“Can I drive you home later? And maybe we can have dinner together” he said nervously while rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“Hmm…” I pretend to think, even though I already know what my answer is. “Sure” I smiled.

 

“Great! I’ll pick you up later then. The usual time?” he broke into a smile.

 

“The usual time” I said while nodding.

 

He waved at me before walking out of my boutique and get in to his car. He rolled down his car’s window and waved at me again, which I waved back. And then he drives away.

 

“Umm, Bom?”

 

I turn around to face the other male.

 

Oh right, I forgot he’s still here.

 

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” he said nervously, totally the opposite from how he is during the meeting.

 

“Sure” I said with a poker face.

 

“Thank you… you know, for agreeing to continue this project” he said. “I really appreciate it”

 

“You’re welcome. But just so that you know, I’m doing this for Chaerin”

 

“Yeah, I know… but I’m still thankful for it” he shows his cute smile, the one I could never resist.

 

I really hate him for knowing so well what my weakness is and for being so brave to use it against me. I freaking love that smile of his but hate it at the same time. I feel like I want to slap that smile off his face right now. 

 

“If you have nothing else to say then please leave, I still have work to do” I tried to maintain my poker face, although I know that he knows damn well that his smile affects me already.

 

“One more thing, Bom” he shoves his hand inside the pocket of his pants and took out his phone. “Can I have your number? You changed your old number” he said nervously while handing me his phone.

 

“Why do you need my number?” I eyed him suspiciously. If he thinks his act is smooth, he better think twice.

 

“For work purposes” he said. “I promise not to bother you except to talk about work” he quickly adds and nudge me with his phone again.

 

“Fine. But if you bother me with something other than work, I’ll block you” I took his phone and type away my number.

 

“Thanks Bom!” he said, a bit happily. “I’ll get going now. See ya” he waved and walk out of my boutique.

 

Tsk. Work purposes my , as if I don’t know your true motive.

 

I rolled my eyes and went back inside.

 

 

---------

Gbomlovers asked: "how many chapter of this story???"

 

hmm... tbh i still don't know yet but i think it will be 30+ chapters ^^

 

Thank you all for reading. Don't forget to comment more!