Chapter 13

Still Not Enough for You

 

I woke up to the sound of my annoying ringtone. I was having a very good dream where I get to go on a date with a super cute guy. But in the middle of the date, I heard this annoying ringing sound.

 

As if I'm conscious in my dream, I remember myself getting very confused at the sound but I choose to ignore it. I thought it will stop on its own, but apparently, it doesn't. It kept on ringing and ringing until I woke up suddenly from my sleep.

 

I opened one of my eyes and try to make out what sound that is. I turn to my left and found out that it is my phone ringing and vibrating on the nightstand. I tried to reach out to grab my phone with my eyes half-closed. I think I'm getting good at grabbing phone with half-closed eyes that I immediately found my phone within one reach.

 

Without seeing who the caller is, I press the answer button and press my phone to my ear.

 

"Hello...?" I said in a sleepy voice. I can feel that my soul has not yet returned back fully to my body.

 

"Yah!!" The person from the other end of the phone yelled, which makes me wince and I pulled away my phone from my ear to save them.

 

"What the hell?? Who is this and why are you yelling this early!" I snapped. I really hate when someone shout at me when I just woke up. Heck, I will even get annoyed if someone tries to talk to me when I just opened my eyes.

 

"It's me Dara, and you should check the clock to know why I'm shouting"

 

I shifted my gaze from the phone to the clock, which sits on my nightstand as well.

 

"It's 8.30 a.m. what about it?" I said with an annoyed tone.

 

"What about it?! How about I tell you that you have to monitor your new designs' photo shoot schedule at 10 a.m. and you have an appointment at the salon in the next 30 minutes" she said, which is right when I shot my eyes open. My soul instantly returns right back to my body.

 

, , , !

 

I cursed multiple times inside my head for being this reckless. I fell asleep last night without setting my alarm and I totally forget my schedule today.

 

"Oh God, I'm so sorry. I fell aslee-"

 

"Save the explanation for later. Go get ready now! I'll pick you up in 15 minutes" she cuts me off.

 

"Alright, alright!" I said and immediately hang up.

 

I run like a mad woman into the bathroom, even forget to grab the towel on my way there, so I have to go back out to grab it.

 

I took the quickest shower and only put on my moisturizer, not bothering to style my hair anymore. Thank God I will be going to the salon first before the photo shoot. At least there is some rainbow in this cloudy morning. It's still early in the morning and I have lost count of how many time I have cursed.

 

After putting on my clothes, I grab everything that I think I need to bring and shove it all messily into my bag. I will deal with it later, but for now, I need to be ready before Dara arrives.

 

I managed to be ready just in time when Dara texted me she has arrived. I ride the elevator down, which took like forever to reach the lobby. By the time I reached the lobby, I saw Dara's car already parked at the front. I enter her car and face a very unhappy looking Dara.

 

"I figured this would happen" she shakes her head as she starts driving.

 

"I'm sorry, I fell asleep and forgot to set up the alarm" I chuckled nervously.

 

"Well, that doesn't surprise me" she chuckles.

 

I know that even though she's annoyed, she can never get mad at me for a long time. The same goes for me. We can never stay mad at each other for a long time, which is one of the reasons why we're best friends.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

"Good afternoon Bom!"

 

My regular photographer greets me cheerfully and I greet her back.

 

Her name is Candice, she was born in the US but she has been staying and working as a full-time photographer in Korea for five years. So, she can speak Korean language fluently.

 

I met her a few months ago, it was Seunghyun who introduced us. He told me she's a professional photographer who has taken lots of epic photos and she's looking for a job at that time. So, I decided to consider her and ask her to come for an interview with me. She showed me a portfolio of her work and I really like it. It didn't take long for me to hire her as my regular photographer. She's also very cheerful and friendly, which makes it easier to work with her.

 

"So, what is today's concept?" She asked in English.

 

Even though she speaks fluent Korean, she prefers speaking English when it comes to me. Since she knew that we both used to live in the US before. I have no problem with it, it's good to have someone to speak English with. It can help me practice more too.

 

"I will be launching a few new designs soon. The clothes are a combination of feminine and y look" I explained, "do you think you can work on something that matches that look?"

 

She nodded her head while listening to my explanations. There's a few seconds of silence between us and I can see that she's trying to think about the suitable concept for my new designs.

 

"Hmm..." she placed her hand on her chin, "I've got an idea!" She smiled.

 

I'm satisfied after hearing her come up with an idea in such a short time. She's definitely one of a kind. "Oh, that's great!"

 

I'm really excited and I can't wait to see what she had on her mind. She always comes up with a mind-blowing idea.

 

"But I need you to participate in the photo shoot"

 

"What?!" I was shocked by her words.

 

I have already monitored numerous photo shoots every time I want to launch new designs but I have never actually participated in the shoot. Usually, I will hire a few models to model my clothes on the shoot. My job is just to monitor and make sure the concept is exactly what I want.

 

"I need you and the models to do the shoot together" she smiled.

 

"Why should I do that?"

 

"Because you have a perfect figure that suits your clothes" she said, "girly but y at the same time".

 

"There's no way I will participate. I will only ruin the shot"

 

I love taking pictures, but doing a real photo shoot is not something I've ever done before. Compared to those models, I have zero experience in this.

 

"What? Of course no!" She chuckles, "you have a perfect figure Bom. Those legs! Look at them, they will bring out the iness. And your doll-like face will bring out the girly look"

 

"I agree" suddenly Dara comes out of nowhere and joins our conversation.

 

I tried to reject again but this time, they decided to join forces and convince me to do the photo shoot. I have no other choice but to agree with them, since I know they will keep on pestering me about it until I agree.

 

"Alright, fine you guys win" I said in defeat. "I'll do it"

 

Both of them cheer in victory, high-fiving each other.

 

"Let's go then! We'll get you ready" Dara usher me to the dressing room.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

I got my makeup done the way that matches the concept planned by Candice. I have been asking her and Dara about the concept but none of them wants to tell me. They said it will be a surprise. Well, it's not like its the first time she kept it a secret like this. But this time I would like to know since I'm involved in the shoot also.

 

I have been pestering them for a few minutes now, but they still stand by their decision for keeping it as a secret. Well, it's more like Candice's decision.

 

After I got my makeup done, which is a Smokey eye look with a winged eyeliner that makes my eyes look y, Dara usher me to the fitting room. Inside it, hangs one of my new designed clothes. Which is a short cocktail dress in the color of black with a hint of gold that makes it sparkle under the light.

 

I put on the dress and I immediately fall in love with it when I look at myself on the mirror. The dress fits my body perfectly, showing all my curves. Not that I'm bragging about my curves, but I'm just stating what I saw. The back of the dress is very low cut, exposing my back all the way to my waist. The length of the dress stops at my thigh, showing my long legs. I wear the black killer heels that I specifically choose to match this dress.

 

Damn, Candice is right. This is y!

 

I turn left and right to check my look. After I think that my look is okay, I step out from the fitting room.

 

"How do I look?" I asked Dara who stands in front of the fitting room while playing her phone.

 

"Damn womann!" Dara shouted when she looks at me, "this is exactly how Candice picture you would look like. So y"

 

I blushed at her compliments.

 

I went out from the dressing room to meet Candice and she gave me the same reaction like Dara when she saw me. Which makes me blush even more. I feel like everyone in the studio is staring at me.

 

I walk to the photo shoot set where they have set up all the backgrounds and properties needed for the shoot. And it all matches my new collection.

 

"Whoa... this is amazing" I said as I stand beside Candice, "you did a great job again"

 

"Thanks" she blushed.

 

Not long after that, the rest of the model that I hire walks in to the set. All dolled up in my new clothes. I greet them one by one. The models that I hired, all came from different countries. There are three of them and one of them have modeled my clothes a couple of times. So, she's quite familiar with what kind of result I want from her.

 

"Alright, places everyone!" Candice shouted and everyone begin moving around to their respective places.

 

Me and the models stand on the set. The makeup artists came up to us and fix our makeup a little before the shoot begins, making sure that we would look flawless in the picture.

 

Candice brought her camera and wears the strap around her neck. Her assistant turns on the lightning lamp to make it brighter around us. And soon, she begins to work her magic. Taking pictures of us from different angles as we pose.

 

It was awkward at first, I don't know how to strike a good pose for the picture. We had to repeat the shoot for a few times just to get one good picture. And all because of me...

 

Dammit, I knew I'm bad at this.

 

I tried so hard to blend in with those models who constantly changes their pose, they look like they know what they're doing. While me, I'm just being the lost Bom.

 

Suddenly, Candice decides to hold the shoot. "Five minutes break everybody!" She yelled.

 

I sighed and went to take a seat on the folding chair that is provided for me and the models on the set. Dara approaches me and hands me a bottle of water, which I gladly accept. My makeup artist also came up to me to fix my makeup. Apparently, I started sweating due to my nervousness earlier. Luckily, I didn't sweat that much or else I would've ruined my makeup.

 

"Bom?" I look up to see Candice standing in front of me. "Can I have a word with you?"

 

Sensing that she probably wants to have a private talk with me, both Dara and the makeup artist decided to leave me and Candice alone.

 

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" I asked, even though I'm pretty sure it's about how terrible I was during the shoot.

 

"Have fun Bom"

 

What she said made me confused. "Huh?" I raised an eyebrow.

 

"You're not having fun on the set earlier. You need to loosen up, relax and have fun!" She encourages me, "think of me as a normal person taking pictures of you and your friends. Don't let the must-look-perfect for the pictures distracts you from having fun!"

 

"Yeah... you're right. I'll try to loosen up" I smiled.

 

"That's the spirit Bom!" She gives me two thumbs up. "Alright everyone, back to work!" She yelled and everyone went back to their positions.

 

We begin the shoot again. But unlike the previous one, I'm more confident now. I remember watching how the models posed on every photo shoots I've monitored and try to mimic their pose. And it works like a magic, I managed to blend in and keep up with the models beside me.

 

In the end, we successfully wrapped up the shoot with tons of good pictures. I can't even choose which picture is the best one, they all look so epic! Thank God the editors will narrow the pictures down to only a few for me to choose. I really can't wait for it to be posted on my website!

 

.

.

.

.

 

We're currently having a break again, but this one is longer. One of the model needs to get her makeup fixed and Candice said she needs to modify the photo shoot set. Since I don't have anything to do other than touching up my makeup, I decided to make this my lunch break.

 

Because I woke up late this morning, I didn't get the chance to prepare or buy food for my lunch. Luckily, Dara brought a bag full of breads that I could eat for lunch.

 

I sat down on the folding chair with Dara next to me. And I start eating my bread while watching the staffs prepare the next photo shoot set.

 

"Um Bom..." I turn my head to look at her, "prince charming is here, 2 o'clock" she said as she nodded her head towards the direction.

 

I turn my head again to the direction she mentioned and there he is. The jerk who didn't show up for four days is right there, a few feet away from me.

 

I thought he won't ever show up again.

 

I stare at him, expressionless, as he approaches both of us. He, on the other hand, smiles nervously.

 

“Hi… Bom” he waved nervously as he stands in front of me.

 

“What are you doing here?” I said with a poker face.

 

“I couldn’t miss our daily lunch routine” he lifts up a big plastic bag, filled with whatever food he had bought. “I bought lunch for you too, Dara” he said to Dara, which makes her smile in awe.

 

I look at Dara with the ‘I-thought-you’re-with-me-in-this’ look while folding my arms in front of my chest. She immediately stops smiling and put on a poker face again.

 

“Well, it would be a daily routine if you showed up the last four days” I rolled my eyes.

 

Alright, I know we’re both wrong last time and I’m pretty convinced that that is the reason he didn’t show up for four days. I do owe him an apology for snapping at him, but hey, it’s fun to mess around with him first. I chuckle inside my head at the thought of it.

 

“Look…” he sighed, “I’m so sorry about it Bom. I thought I could give you some space after you know… you definitely looked pissed that time and I figured that you won’t want to see me again”

 

Sensing that we’re about to enter a serious talk, Dara immediately stands up and walk away. Leaving the two of us to talk.

 

“What makes you think that I don’t want to see you again?” I smiled, which makes him confused.

 

“But… you were totally mad at me last time…”

 

“Yeah, so what? That doesn’t make me hate you” I chuckle. “And besides, I owe you an apology for snapping at you. But you still owe me an explanation though”

 

“Really?? Are you being serious right now??” I nodded, “Oh my God, Bom… thank you so much!” he immediately drops the plastic bag on top of the folding chair that Dara was sitting on before and launches forward to hug me.

 

I was shocked at his action and I definitely didn’t expect him to be this happy. “Whoa, whoa, chill buddy” I chuckle and patted his back, returning his hug.

 

We parted and he starts explaining about what happened. He said that Jiyong contacted him a few years ago that he wanted to start a new fashion company. Jiyong asked him to become partners in the business and Taeyang agreed on it. They have been working day and night to start up this company and it successfully runs for almost two years now. It’s only a few months left before their official 2 years’ anniversary, where they will introduce themselves as the official owners of the brand to the public.

 

As for the meeting few days ago, he had no idea that Jiyong chose me as the designer that will collaborate with them. He was told that he will be having a meeting that day with the designer but he was supposed to meet up with Jiyong first before going to the meeting place. But turns out, Jiyong decided to show up unnoticed.

 

He told me he really had no idea who I was when we first met and he wanted to become friends with me, not because we’re going to be colleagues, but because he finds me interesting and fun to be around with.

 

I was moved by his words and I completely understand him. I was wrong too for accusing him immediately without hearing his explanations first.

 

“It’s okay Tae, I get it” I smiled, “it was my fault too. I pushed you away just because I’m mad at what happened between me and Jiyong before. You shouldn’t be involved in our past. I'm sorry”

 

“No, it’s not your fault. So stop apologizing okay?” he said sincerely and I nodded.

 

After we finished our little talk, he starts unpacking the lunch. Thank God he showed up on the right time, or else I would be eating all these breads for lunch. It’s funny how he always showed up at the right time and knows exactly what I want.

 

As if he can read my mind last night, he brought the Japanese food that he once brought me. I was just craving for it last night when I watched the culinary show, where the hosts went to explore some Japanese food in Japan.

 

“How do you know I was craving for this?”

 

“Hmm… let’s just say I have a strong feeling on certain things” he smiled.

 

After he finished unpacking all the foods, I called Dara to join us and we all eat the lunch together. I wanted to ask Candice to join us too but Dara said she has already eaten. We quickly eat the lunch as I need to go back to do the shoot again.

 

.

.

.

 

“You look amazing in that dress by the way” he suddenly said as he stands beside me.

 

I blushed at his compliment. “Thanks…” I said shyly.

 

We finished our lunch and I’m currently waiting for Candice to come back from her bathroom break and continue the shoot.

 

“Alright everyone, I only need a few shots left. Which is your individual shots” Candice said to me and the models, “so, if you all can pull off great pictures quickly, we can wrap up this shoot earlier” all of us nodded our head.

 

I was the first one to do the individual shots, so I step back onto the set. The background and some properties on the set have been changed now. And it is equally epic like the one before. The makeup artist came up to me again and fixes my lipstick. 

 

Candice counts from one to three and I begin posing. I feel slightly nervous because this time, Taeyang is standing not far away from the set, watching me. And the fact that I'm doing the shoot alone right now. But I can’t get distracted because I know all of the people here would like to finish this shoot and go home early. So, I tried to give out my best pose and hopefully, get a couple good pictures quickly. 

 

It didn’t require a long time before Candice shouted that we’re done with the shoot, probably only 15 minutes. Me and the models basically only require five minutes each to get a good picture. Everyone including me, cheered and clapped.

 

"Thank you everyone for the hard work today! I look forward to work with you guys again in the future" I said as everyone gathered around me. "Oh and also, I have prepared boxes of food for you all, so feel free to take it"

 

"Ne!" Everyone answered and I dismiss them after.

 

I turn around and I saw Taeyang standing not far away from me, smiling at me. So, I approach him.

 

“How did I do?” I asked him.

 

“You did incredibly great!” he gives me two thumbs up and smiled widely. It makes me very happy hearing that from him, I don’t know why.

 

“Thank you” I blushed.

 

Not long after that, Candice approaches me and thank me for choosing her again for today’s shoot. It will always be a pleasure for me to work with her, she’s amazing and very talented in photography. I also introduced her to Taeyang, who knows Taeyang might want to hire her sometime in the future.

 

“Nice to meet you Taeyang-ssi. I admire your hotel a lot” Candice said in fluent Korean and offered a handshake.

 

“Nice to meet you too Candice-ssi” he shakes her hand back, “and thank you” he smiled.

 

After that, Candice excuses herself since she still has a work appointment after this. Just before she leaves, she whispered to me, “he’s cute Bom. Keep him” and wink at me. I only give her a shy smile and brush it off. I haven’t think of Taeyang that way.

 

I excuse myself from Taeyang too to go back to the dressing room. I need to take off this thick makeup since I can feel my face getting heavier. As you all know, I’m really not a fan of thick makeup. If I can go on everyday with a bare face, I would.

 

I told Taeyang to wait outside for me since he offered to drive me back home today. Which is also at the right time, because Seunghyun is going to pick Dara up and I don’t want to be third wheeling them again.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“I have a question” I said, breaking the silence in the car.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Why do you guys choose the name ‘Homies’ for the brand?”

 

“Well, it’s because me and Jiyong have been friends for a long time. It always feels like home when I’m around him” he chuckles.

 

“How long are we talking about here?”

 

“Hmm… we’re childhood friends. That’s how long” he looks at me for a second and smiled before focusing back on the road.

 

"What about you? Why you choose 'Spring' for the brand?" he asked me back. 

 

"It's the meaning of my name" I said, "Bom means Spring. And I love Spring seasons too" 

 

We went back to silence after that. But not for long, as Taeyang speaks again, “I have a confession”.

 

“Huh? What is it?” I said, confused.

 

My mind wander around so many things that could be the possibility of what he wanted to confess about.

 

Could it be some part of his explanations that he left out earlier?

 

Or does he want to confess a lie? But I don’t think he has been lying about anything…

 

Or am I wrong?

 

There are so many questions build up inside my head within just a few seconds after he said that.

 

“That Japanese food I’ve been buying you…” he begins.

 

No, don’t say that you poison it or something please… I would faint instantly.

 

“I didn’t buy it actually, I made it” he chuckles nervously.

 

Oh thank God…

 

I sighed in relief, I was worried for nothing. I chuckle at him because he looks kind of nervous right now. “Really? That was delicious! You should teach me how to make it sometime” I said.

 

I love cooking and definitely love to explore and learn more dishes to cook. I tried making sushi before but I failed miserably, so I haven’t been trying to make it again. But somehow, my feelings tell me that Taeyang could be a great cooking teacher.

 

“You really think so?” he said, a hint of happiness can be heard from his tone. And I knew instantly that he loves talking about his cooking.

 

“Yeah! But why would you hide it though?”

 

“Well… girls sometimes think that guys who can cook are lame”

 

I was startled for a moment when he said that. Who the hell dares to think like that!

 

“What?? Guys who can cook are amazing, not lame” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Well, my exes used to think like that” he said sadly, “that’s why I tried to be careful before telling you the truth”

 

“Then it’s your exes who are lame. Don’t listen to them, your cooking is delicious and your skill is amazing” I give him two thumbs up, which makes him chuckle again.

 

We spent the rest of the drive talking about food and cooking. We found one more thing that we have in common, and that is the passion for cooking. I may not have that much time to cook everyday, but I sure do love it. I remember how I would follow my mom around when she’s cooking back when I was a kid.

 

He told me that his best dish is Japanese food, just like the one he made for me. He learned that from his mom and has been trying to improve it to make it more delicious. I told him to teach me how to cook it and he accept it as long as I promise to teach him how to cook other dishes too.

 

A few minutes later, we reached my apartment and he parked his car in front of the lobby. I invited him in for a drink before leaving, but he said he still needs to go back to his hotel. I don’t want to trouble him, so I decided to end the day with him.

 

I thank him for driving me home and got out of the car. I waved at him and watch him drive away before walking inside.

 

 

---------

Announcement guys! 

I'm thinking of starting a QnA with you all. You can drop a question or more on the comment below and I will pick some of them to be answered at the end of my next chapter! 

You can ask about anything that you want, so go on and drop a question below! Who knows I might pick your questions on the next chap! ^^