Greetings, Earthling!

My Dear Extraterrestrial

A/N: I'm so sorry for making you guys wait! I hope you enjoy this update. I wanted to post this yesterday in time for Infinite's 7th anniversary but I got so busy because it was also my father's and my brother's birthday yesterday. Isn't that amazing? June 9  is such a special day in my heart. I really wish we can hear about the contract renewal soon <3

 

----

 

 

 

Before Myungsoo lost his consciousness, he remembers looking at someone. It was the most beautiful sight he has ever seen so far in his life, it was almost like a dream, he never knew he wished for, finally came true. It was all good and Myungsoo felt so light.

 

He was able to admire the view for a short while, before everything seemed to have suddenly turned into a nightmare.

 

The person Myungsoo was looking at started to glow and sparkle. It was like somebody had pointed a spotlight to a glitter-covered person, only there was no spotlight and the person was not covered with glitter. It was amazing but it scared Myungsoo. Blame it on the horror mangas Myungsoo had been reading these past few days or whatever, but Myungsoo concluded that it was anything but human. In fact, even though it was (Myungsoo only realized this just now), it didn't have any feature that could define its gender at all, not even a belly button.

 

'This must be what ghosts look like.' Myungsoo thought and the more he stayed there doing nothing while the ghost advanced towards him, the more he thinks he's going to go crazy.

 

Myungsoo totally lost it when the ghost extended it's hand and says in an overly excited voice, 'Greetings earthling!'.

 

He ran back inside his house and slammed the door, the garbage bags that were supposed to be thrown long forgotten. His heart beat was so fast, one would think he ran a mile without stopping. Myungsoo tried to calm himself as his breathing evened.

 

Myungsoo believes the ghost will just disappear soon. When he heard a knock, Myungsoo dared to stare into the peephole to check if it was somebody else. Only to find the very same eyes he had seen from the ghost a while ago looking into the whole as well.

 

That was the moment Myungsoo fainted.

 

---

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo's eyes fluttered open and he realized he wasn't in his bedroom.

 

'Why am I here? Wasn't that just a dream?' Myungsoo thought to himself. 'Why was it so vivid?'

 

Myungsoo found himself lying on the floor near the main door.

 

When he got up, he felt a pair of eyes staring at him. He turned towards the source and indeed, there was someone inside his house looking at him with curiosity.

 

It was the ghost from his dream. No. It wasn't a dream. It was the ghost from earlier, real and in the flesh(?), and it wasn't glowing anymore.

 

Myungsoo immediately crawled to the corner away from the ghost.

 

"W-who are you?! What are y-you doing in my house?' He cried out while extending his hand, gesturing the ghost not to come any closer.

 

"I'm Sungjong, and I'm from planet Woollim. Nice to meet you, earthling!" The ghost answered cheerfully.

 

"Planet Woollim? Earthling? What are you??" Myungsoo shouted, doubting his theory about the person being a ghost.

 

"I am what you human beings call, extraterrestrial." Sungjong, the extraterrestrial, answered while maintaining the distance between them.

 

After hearing the other's answer, Myungsoo just stayed where he was, not saying anything. He was trying to comprehend everything.

 

"Uhm. I'm an alien?" Sungjong said when Myungsoo still hasn't said anything. Thinking that the word 'extraterrestrial' may be confusing for Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo was well aware of what an extraterrestrial is. It wasn't like he didn't know what it means. He was just having a hard time accepting the fact that he had an alien inside his house, and a one at that. It was no better than having a ghost in there.

 

Myungsoo's phone then started ringing. Sungjong heard the ringing and stared at where it was coming from.

 

"H-hello." Myungsoo answered when his phone continued ringing after a few times he cancelled the calls. He was still wary of the alien in front of him, who seemed to be amused of his phone.

 

"Yah! Why weren't you answering your calls, Myungsoo-yah!" The one on the phone, whose voice he recognized was Woohyun's, shouted.

 

Myungsoo had to move his phone away from his ear so he wouldn't go deaf.

 

"I.. I.." He didn't know what to say. Should he tell his friend about the alien? Should he ask for help? Should he plead for Woohyun to come and rescue him?

 

"Yah. Is anything wrong?" Woohyun's voice started to get less angry but more worried.

 

Myungsoo couldn't answer. He was afraid of what the alien might do to him if he asks for help. It might look innocent, but Myungsoo knew that sometimes, looks can be deceiving.

 

Sensing that something was not right, Woohyun said, "I'm coming over!," before he hung up.