When Lightning Strikes

My Dear Extraterrestrial

Myungsoo woke with a start.

 

He had never heard a thunderstorm this loud before. He pulled his comforter closer to his body as the cold wind from outside managed to enter his closed window.

 

Thirty minutes of tossing and turning, and he still couldn't sleep. It wasn't because he was scared of storms, no, he was just annoyed with the  noise. He loves his sleeps quite and undisturbed thank you very much.

 

As the storm continued, one particular lightning strike was so bright Myungsoo thought it had hit his two-storey house. Even when his eyes were closed, the flash seemed to have penetrated his eyes, causing him some momentary blindness. Just then, a great boom of thunder followed and Myungsoo hid behind his comforter. Myungsoo suddenly starts thinking that maybe he actually is afraid of storms.

 

Miraculously, just when Myungsoo had thought that the storm would go overnight, it stopped. It was if the bright lightning and the very loud thunder had been the finale, just like in a fireworks display.

 

Finally, he can sleep in peace.

 

 

---

 

 

 

When Myungsoo woke up, the sun was already shining brightly. Not a hint that there had been a storm last night. He decided to go downstairs to eat some breakfast.

 

Myungsoo thought about what he would do for today as he poured some cereal unto his bowl. Watch movies, play computer games, start reading a new manga, Myungsoo was mentally making a to-do list that he wants to accomplish for the day. Even though those things might be considered boring for other people, Myungsoo finds excitement at the thought of them, especially when he has a whole weekend free to just stay at home. If Sungyeol and Woohyun knew about his plans they would surely and call him names like 'boring boy', or 'no-fun guy', but what can he do? That's just how he is.

 

Myungsoo decided that he would take out the trash first before anything else. The garbage collectors collect them every Saturday morning and if Myungsoo forgets to take out the trash today, he will have to wait for another week before he can get rid of them. As he woke up late last weekend, he figured that he had three bags to take out today.

 

The garbage truck might take some time before it could reach his house which was located at the farthest end of his block, where it's almost in the deserted area, so Myungsoo still had enough time to finish his breakfast.

 

 

---

 

 

 

Myungsoo struggled as he carried the three heavy bags towards the door. How can someone living alone have so many in just two weeks? Myungsoo swears Sungyeol and Woohyun only come to his house just to throw their trash. His so-called 'best friends' visit him whenever they feel like it and do whatever they feel like doing and then leave the place as if Myungsoo had thrown a huge party the night before.

 

When Myungsoo opened the door, nothing had prepared him for the sight he was going to see on the other side.

 

Myungsoo swears it was the most beautiful sight he has ever laid his eyes on. An innocent pair of brown doe eyes matched with long, elegant eye lashes stared into his own.  Myungsoo wasn't sure if it was the healthy, pink lips or the fair, flawless skin but whatever it was, he was left stunned in his spot for a moment. His mind couldn't process anything as if it had stopped working. He was mesmerized. It slightly registered to Myungsoo that the one he had been looking at didn't have any clothes on but everything is just blank, it was as if he was hypnotized and all he could muster was just a breathless 'wow'.

 

All Myungsoo could remember before he passed out was a cheerful "Greetings, Earthling!" matched with the brightest smile in the world and then everything went black.

 

 

------

A/N: First chapter is up! Yey. Thank you for those who subscribed already even though I hadn't posted any chapter yet and for those who commented. Thanks! Yes, I've decided to make it a chaptered fic. The chapters might be shorter though unlike my other fics but I'll try to give my best in making every chapter interesting. I hope you liked this! ❤