House Rules

My Dear Extraterrestrial

"He's on the way." Woohyun said referring to their friend, Sungyeol, as he made himself comfortable on the couch beside Sungjong.

 

Much to Myungsoo's disappointment, Woohyun doesn't seem to have any kind of fear towards the alien. In fact, he looks like he is already very close to the alien as he has an arm slung over Sungjong's shoulder.

 

After a few minutes, the doorbell rang.

 

Myungsoo was the one who made his way to the door as Woohyun showed no sign of leaving Sungjong's side at all.

 

Myungsoo took some time to explain everything to Sungyeol at the door before he let the other in.

 

"You mean to tell me, there's an actual ET inside your house?! Like from the movie?" Sungyeol blurted out before Myungsoo was able to cover his mouth. From the loudness of Sungyeol's voice, Myungsoo was sure that Woohyun and Sungjong have heard it.

 

"Why are you so loud?! He could hear you!" Myungsoo tried to scold his friend.

 

Sungyeol quickly shut his mouth, but he figured he couldn't take back what he said anymore.

 

"So, you mean to tell me, there's an actual ET inside your house? Like from the movie?" He asked again, this time in a whisper.

 

"I heard you the first time." Myungsoo said as he rolled his eyes. "Well, the answer is Yes and No."

 

"What do you mean?" Sungyeol asked, quite confused with Myungsoo's answer.

 

"'Yes', there's an extra-terrestrial inside my house, but 'no', he doesn't look anywhere near what ET looks like from the movie." Myungsoo explained.

 

"Huh?" Sungyeol didn't get what Myungsoo was saying.

 

"Just see for yourself." said Myungsoo as he ushered Sungyeol inside.

 

Myungsoo followed behind Sungyeol and bumped unto him when his friend abruptly stopped.

 

"What the f-" Myungsoo was quick to cover Sungyeol's mouth before he could say any curse words.

 

"Why is 'it' in a robe?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"Because he came here ." Myungsoo answered.

 

"?! He?!" Sungyeol screamed emphasizing each word as he was shocked with Myungsoo's answer. The alien came here ? And the alien is a 'he'?

 

"Why do you like shouting?!" Myungsoo shouted back.

 

"I'm sorry. I just.. well.. are you sure he is male?"

 

"Why is everyone interested on his gender and not about him being an alien?" Myungsoo says frustratedly.


---

 

 


It took Sungyeol a few minutes and a drink of a glass of water to let the thought of Myungsoo having an alien inside his house sink in.

 

"So you're letting Sungjong stay here until his brother fetches him?" Sungyeol asked already comfortable with calling the alien by his name.

 

Myungsoo nodded.

 

"Cool." Sungyeol said and turned towards the alien. "Sungjongie, do you have any super powers?"

 

How his best friends can be super okay with this situation and instantly comfortable with the alien is beyond Myungsoo. He thinks that he's probably the only sane person in this house that thinks that Sungjong may still be dangerous.

 

"Super powers?" Sungjong didn't get what Sungyeol was asking.

 

"You know like, lift objects with your mind, pass through solid walls, read people's thoughts, those kind of things." Sungyeol explained.

 

"I'm not really sure about the other things you said but, I can lift things through my mind." Sungjong said cheerfully.

 

"Oh really?!" Sungyeol was thrilled by Sungjong's revelation.

 

"Can you show us, Jongie-ah?" Woohyun encouraged.

 

"Sure." Sungjong then quickly concentrated on the hand phone that was lying on the table in front of them and willed it to float into the air.

 

"Woah!" both Sungyeol and Woohyun were amazed and clapped their hands in awe.

 

It was going well until Myungsoo realized it was his phone and he shouted 'Yah!', causing Sungjong to lose his concentration. The phone would have fallen to the floor, if Myungsoo hadn't caught it in time.

 

"No more using of super powers in my house!" Myungsoo blurted.

 

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to--"

 

"If you're going to stay here, you have to obey whatever I say. My house, my rules." Myungsoo directed at Sungjong.

 

"Oh come on Soo, you're too harsh on Sungjong. We were the ones who asked him do it." Sungyeol said referring to Woohyun and himself.

 

"Don't listen to him sweetie, we never follow his rules." Woohyun said as he rubbed comforting circles on Sungjong's back, who looked very down after Myungsoo scolded him.

 

Myungsoo looked at his friends incredulously. Are they really his best buddies? They've only known Sungjong for a short while and yet here they are already taking the alien's side.

 

---

 

 

"Rule number 1, no super powers in this house. Rule number 2, no touching of any of the things in this house unless I give my permission. Rule number 3, never enter my room in any occasion. Rule number 4,--" Myungsoo wasn't able to continue because he was interrupted by his best friends.

 

"Myungsoo, stop it. You're like a military commander." Sungyeol complianed.

 

"If that's how you're going to be, just let Sungjong live with me." Woohyun chimed.

 

"No. If he wants to stay here on earth, he needs to follow our rules." Myungsoo insisted.

 

"Your rules you mean." Sungyeol corrected.

 

"It's okay. I'm willing to do whatever Myungsoo wants as long as he would let me stay in his house." Sungjong said finally to stop the best friends from arguing.

 

"See, even he agrees. Oh and Sungjong, rule number 4, call us hyung. You look younger than us to call us by just our names." Myungsoo added which made Woohyun and Sungyeol roll their eyes.

 

"Yes, hyung." Sungjong said, already following one of Myungsoo's house rules.

 

Myungsoo smiled a bit knowing Sungjong is willing to follow his rules but he quickly hid it before his best friends could see him smiling and about it.

 

"Rule number 5, I will add more rules if I need to, any time I want." Myungsoo announced but noticed that no one was listening to him as Sungjong was already busy answering Woohyun and Sungyeol's questions about him and his planet.

 

 

--

A/N: It's been a while! I wanted to update my other fics but this is what I can update for now. Thanks for reading!