The Second Time

Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2nd

6AM on the following Sunday morning. Mark had successfully waking up on time to leave Jinyoung’s place at his usual time. Humming slightly to the non-existence music, he waits for the elevator to slowly take him to his floor from the Basement 1 where he parks his car. The spot beside his assigned parking area now is completely empty from any kind of vehicle. Gone was the Harley, so do the Hummer. He feels a slight twitch in his heart. He kind of missed the Harley that always there every time he gets off from his car. Making him remember that once, he had a similar manly vehicle as a hand down from his father. The one which he left behind in LA, when he decides to make a new life in Seoul. A new life that brought out a new him, and buried the real him in its wake.

“DING~”

The elevator light blinks right on the level. Someone out early in this morning? Oh, scratch that. Visiting maybe? But visiting someone as early as 6AM in Sunday Morning is considered as a rude act, even for Mark. The metal door smoothly open up. A piercing gaze with two dots above left eyes greats him.

Or maybe, just coming in, like me.

Upon realizing, it is someone he recognized, the man in front of Mark gives him a nod with a slow smirk spreading through his sharp features. Then, proceeding to enter the metal box and settling nicely beside him. Shoulder to shoulder like this, Mark aware that the man has a few centimeters on him. Not that it is a rare occurrence, Mark is a slender man. Small head, small bone, slim figure. But this difference in their physical suddenly comes into the light, with how the man dressed himself today. A totally opposite of the ripped jeans and leather jacket that gave him an illusion of youthfulness and recklessness, today the same man from last week wears the most clean cut three-pieces suit jacket Mark ever encounter. Even no one in his work place ever looked this dapper in that kind of suit. The black satin shirt, the blood red vest, and the equally blood red stripped suite jacket molds into the man’s body perfectly. It is clearly tailored specifically for him. Bring out the best feature of its owner, accentuating the broad shoulder, the trim waist, and the quiet nice arm. Mark would have thought that the man out early to attend some wedding, if not for the tie shoved into his pants pocket and the mess of bed hair completing the disheveled look. The walk of shame looks.

“Don’t you know it is rude to stare so blatantly at someone like that?”, a tenor voice reaches Mark’s ear. He looks away. He was unconsciously staring at the man, again. Different from last week, Mark didn’t stare from the reflection, rather at the man itself. Fighting the urge to blush furiously, he puts on the best nonchalant expression he could muster. Stare right ahead, don’t even look at his reflection. Okay, that’s right, good boy, Mark.

“Everyone will stare at someone wearing a tuxedo at 6AM on a Sunday morning.”

“But you don’t see me staring at you, wearing a pressed slack and a shirt with the suit jacket on your hand at 6AM on a Sunday morning. Even if you don’t wear the jacket, it is not less a tuxedo.”

Damn right, I trapped myself into that one. The severity of this somewhat funny situation dawns on him. Mark laughs. A full belly laugh that echoing through the small metal box around them. It has been a while since he laughed freely like this, complete with stomach ache and few drop of tears escaping the corner of his eyes. Not even a Jackson antics could drive him to this state.

“Touché. I could have say I was on my way to Church, but forgot to feed my cat, so I had to go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter