Chapter 3

The Purest Rises

It was now 9:50 pm at night. Minki cleaned up the tables before checking out to go home. Throughout the whole day, her face and her figure just did not leave his mind. Especially those fierce eyes. The intensity added character to his imagination. He didn't mind it, he liked thinking about her. He liked trying to figure her out. Her eyes were very earthly, yet again fierce and intense. It was all together difficult to figure out whether she was pissed or happy. Her eyes gave her presence in the room. It was what either rubbed people the right way, or the wrong way. Her presence left a very strange impression on him. Minki smiled slightly as he thought about her. He came to the conclusion that the reason why she was all fidgety was because of him. He smirked, how cute, he thought. It gave him pleasure knowing he had such a profound effect on her. 

The smirk played on his lips without fading. 

Finally cleaning the last one, he washed the towel over the table quickly because he wanted to go home, and dream about her. Yes, cliche, he admitted to himself. However, it was truly what it was. All the giddiness caused by attraction is truly strange. He wondered when she might come the next time, or will she ever come again? She will come again. He was sure of it. He's confident in his looks and he was truly pleased with the effect he had on her, more than likely she will come back. He just knew it. 

Finally, the cleaning was done. Minki walked to the back quickly, rinsed the towel and hung it up. He took off the apron, grabbing his coat and cap, he left the cafe. 

It was still open, but his shift was done, so he won't complain. 

"Ah-" a vibration buzzed in his pocket. He reached for his phone, pulling it out to check the caller. 

Seoul

Seohyee 

"Seoul? What's she doing there?" he asked contemplating whether he should answer her call or not.

He sighed, "Nope. Not tonight. Not ever again. Don't know, don't care." he deleted her call, and number while proceeding to walk onward. "I'm not dealing with this sh.it anymore. F.uck her." 

Reaching his complex, he pulled out the keys inserting it into the knob twisting it open. Flicking on the lights, he took off his coat, cap, and shoes storing them into their rightful places. 

Again, his phone buzzed un his hand as he headed to the kitchen. Now, he blocked the caller's number. 

Opening the fridge, he saw a small jar of kimchi and eggs. He grabbed those two items setting them on the table. Turning to the corner, he grabbed two packs of ramen. 

Homemade dinner tonight, how appetizing, he thought sarcastically. 

Coming home each night, felt like the air was a block or aerogel sitting on his shoulders getting heavier and heavier. Everytime he came home and cooks ramen for dinner, he sees his future. A never ending cycle: no future, no love. Until the day he dies alone of old age. Maybe better, he ends it himself early, and save him the pain of lonliness.

Everyday, without anyone noticing (maybe his aunt), he is drowning. Every gasp of air, is just a breath to others. 

However, tonight was a little different. He had something good to think about. 

The smirk played on his lips again. 

What's she up to right now? He asked himself. Ren just cannot put her off his mind. Truly, there was something about her as a human being. 

It was something in her soul that pulled him towards her. He desires to peel off each layer and examine the depth of her mind and soul. 

No superficiality and no games. Only the truth will satisfy him. 

Ren could not stand superficiality, not anymore. Not after all his experiences. Shi.tty company who couldn't even hold the group up their first five years, a close friend who was selfish, and a toxic relationship that only played games with him. 

However, as he thought about all of his experiences and past mistakes, there was a strange tingling sensation in his chest. He felt that, if he did not go through all those obstacles in his life, would he have met her? Everything began to make sense now. Ren is a strong believer of fate. A sudden conclusion washed over his feelings: everything he ever did: mistakes, the good, and the bad led him where he was now, so that he would meet her like that. 

He was smitten, and he knew it. He accepted it. 

Pluto has found his Venus.