Chapter 2

The Purest Rises

It has been a few weeks since I moved into Busan, and it is absolutely different from where I came from. Nonetheless, Busan is gorgeous, but it was the difference that count. I love it so much. So many types of food on the streets, vendors, miscellaneous items (so tempting to buy some), fashion, and make up. It was magical. Since I got here, there has been this strange feeling eating at me. It felt like... I was home? I did not feel like a stranger to this place somehow, I wanted call it home. Everything just seemed so perfect. 

The thoughts were getting out of hand, so I brushed it off to the back of my head. Ignoring it altogether. Closing the thin dark trenchcoat around my chest, I approach a cafe. It was pink. How interesting. Looking at the name, it is called Lovesome Cafe. 

"Wow." I nodded. "Very... interesting." I chuckled. It's pink. I cannot getover that. So, I popped in there looking around slowly. 

The front desk was dark wood, unpainted like the rest. A pink lighted label hung over the wall behind the desk: Lovesome. 

I must say this cafe really establishes itself. Truly impressive and mind boggling. 

A clerk suddenly approached the desk, he smiled so sweetly, "Hello, welcome to Lovesome Cafe, can I help you?" 

Oh dear god, that smile. My eyes are left wide and mouth slightly parted. "Uh, yeah, umm..." I staggered. Dear Lord save me.

He chuckled lightly, keeping his eyes intensely on me, "Take your time." 

Those dark eyes, they were intense. However, the softness overall about them was very mesmerizing. 

He did not look fierce, but those eyes could drown anyone. 

Goodness, what am I to say? Oh god, his eyes are still on me. I lowered my head and thought quickly how to not look like an idiot. Or find an excuse for being an idiot. My goodness, I have never ever in my life met such a beautiful man before. Of course, I have seen better, but to meet one was impossible. He was the first to be so beautiful in person. If he was a woman, he's have tons of men falling head over heels for him. Honestly, that kind of puts me into shame as a female. 

His eyes were dark and round, but elongated like an almond. I love almonds. His black hair was relatively short, it was the standard Korean bowl haircut. Still so handsome. It was his skin that the most appealing. It looked so smooth and soft, it was glowing. Although, eyebags were evident, it did not matter. Everyone has those, right? He was quite tall, taller than me. And good god almighty his eyes were still fixed on my intensely. One should never underestimate his soft eyes, they are so full of depth and intensity. I came to the conclusion that he is probably internally a very deep and enriching person. Now that is fascinating. Someone with depth and complexity.  

Pulling my eyes up to face him, I let out a short breathy smile, "Sorry, I'm a foreigner so I do not know the menu at all... uh, what would you reccomend?"

His eyebrows widened, "Mmm. Personally, as a first timer I would recommend our signature Love Latte." he nodded.

I noded slowly, "Oh, okay sounds good."

He typed in the cashing machine and turned back calling out, "One Love Latte!" 

There was defintely an awkward tension in the atmosphere. To ease myself, I just decided to look around the whole place. Nonetheless, I am truly dumbfounded by the overall pink theme of this cafe.

I took out my Visa card and inserted it into the machine and entered my pin number. 

Oh god how many times must I emphasize?! He's still looking at me! Creepy-ish? Should I feel flattered or alert? 

A girl in the back came out. She had her hair put into a ponytail. She too had glowing skin. What do the Koreans use? I thought. 

"One Love Latte!" she handed him, and he to me.

This is too cringy. I took the latte from his hands, "Kamsamida" and left quickly. 

Stepping outside, I finally felt free from the tension inside. That was just intense. I walked onto where-ever, just anywhere to get away from this tension.

I guess it was just one of those moments that many people describe in life, sometimes you meet people who make you feel... funny. 

Taking a sip of the latte, the second it hit my tongue, I was amazed. 

"Wow" I let out loud. "This is good." I nodded. "Maybe... I'll come again." 

The image of him suddenly popped into my head. My heart stammered in my chest. It felt like he was looking at me again. I slapped my head with force, trying to force him out of my mind. I didn't work. Damn. 

I ran the scene over and over in my mind, thinking about how I truly felt aside from all the tension. To be truthful with myself, I felt very flattered. Never has someone looked at me that intensely before. The last time I ever cared about being looked at was in middle school.This time it was different. Too different.

I felt...nak.ed under his scrutinizing gaze. 

It felt like he saw everything. My body quivered at the thought. I close my coat closer around my chest.

Truly, his eyes were deep and intense. Like black pools of water that will drag you into the deep abyss of pleasure. 

Ah! I slapped my head again. 

Truly, I say this unto myself. There is no running from feelings like these. I wil face it. 

I think I have a crush on him.