Chapter 5

Chicago Boy, Johnny

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” She got up only to lose her balance.

“Let me help you.”

Yuta grinned and put her arms around his shoulders trying to compose her balance to the toilet. She cleared her thorat and said she’s going to pee. Yuta blushed and let go of her and waited outside the bathroom.

 

“What happened earlier?” he asked. He was curious because he saw Johnny coming out of the clinic. She told him she got her ankle sprained. “Jaehyun was really worried about you. He thought you died or something.”

 

“Gosh. He’s so cheesy and annoying at the same time.” She giggled closing the bathroom door and dusting her school skirt.

 

Yuta’s head snapped towards the door as it clicked. Jaehyun and Doyoung excitedly ran to her and engulfed her in to a big hug. She told them she was really fine and they don’t need to worry about her.

 

“Ya know we maybe annoying but we’re your brothers right? If you want or need anything just hit us up!” Yuta cooed making her slap his arm softly, nodding her head in return. Zoey stood up on her feet trying to balance her body as straight as she can thankfully she manage to do it without asking for help.

 

“I asked Winwin to get notes for you so you wouldn’t miss any lesson.” Doyoung butted in.

 

She scoffed, “Out of all people you choose Winwin? Seriously?” She hates Winwin with passion not because she just does but because he is annoying and kept pestering her around. They all sighed at her and just shrugged.

 

All four of them walked back to class. Johnny look up from his books to the window as he saw the four of them passing by his room. Zoey was hobbling but she still conduct herself from falling. A soft sigh escape from his lips not bothering to look back at the dusted window.

 

Soon the school ends and Johnny waited for Ms. Ahn and maybe try his luck to get her as his prom partner. His hands quiver knowing he doesn’t have any idea what’s going to happen next. Is she going to reject him like what she did with the rest of the guys who asked her?

 

He’ll just go with the flow and expect. Expect. What a word huh? Never in his life he would do that. But cupid doesn’t do justice on him because he was shot right there on his chest. Love at first sight.

 

Is it even possible for a guy to fall in love in just at one sight? It’s a different case for Johnny.

 

He ain’t typhical like any other guys who would willing to wait for someone. He hates it the most. If anything he could careless about, it is hoping. Wrong move Johnny boy because you just go against your own belief.

 

Waiting patiently, perspiration dripping from his forehead causing him to wipe it with the back of his hand. Why is he even sweating? The weather is not hot it’s apparently on a normal temperature, not hot nor cold. But why?

 

Because he is nervous.

 

It’s not like it’s his first time to ask a girl but it is his first time since decades. He stopped asking a girl out because of his past that kept on haunting him until a year ago. Eventually, he get over it. In Chicago, girls like to chase him, send him letters or chocolates.

 

He thought coming to Korea will change everything but he was wrong because Koreans like to stalk and is always desperate for attention. Not generalizing them but he thinks girls in korea are annoying more because they follow him around.

 

He gets frustrated just the thought of them.

 

His ears perked up hearing a sharp sound clicking on the floor. His eyes met hers. He could feel his knees shaking. She’s just breath-taking for him and to think seeing her with his arms during the prom night made him smile even more.

 

“Hi Mrs. Ahn!” he greeted. His eyes are quivering, almost stunned at the sight of her. His tongue felt like it moved backwards because he was lost for a moment. “I…uhhh…” he continued.

 

“Hello Johnny!” the way her lips stretch upwards is beautiful that he couldn’t take his eyes off of her lips. She knows me. He was flabbergasted. He thought that she doesn’t know his name.

 

He smiled, “Can I ask you a favour?”

 

“Go on.” She ushered. Holding the books tightly on her arms. She looks like she’s in a rush.

 

Johnny hesitated for a moment. What if she reject him? He doesn’t know. Two hands gripped on the edge of his uniform shirt. Gosh I’m too nervous. “Can you be my partner for prom?”

 

“I’m sorry Johnny but I already have Professor Nam.” Hearing her words stabbed his heart. He knew it. He knew it all along that this is going to happen but he insisted. He smiled bitterly trying to find words. Before he could reply, Mrs. Ahn apologetically rushed away.

 

As he was about to accept defeat, a girl passed by. He grabbed her and she almost choked because of the approximate of their face. “Can you be my partner for prom?”

 

His tone was emotionless as if he doesn’t care anymore. He is frustrated and desperate already. The girl nodded happily. “Oh my God! is Johnny actually asking me out to be his company?”

 

“Yes or no?” annoyed already, he rolled his eyes.

 

“Of course!” He walked away after hearing her answer. He is definitely not in the mood. You can’t blame him though because he got just rejected with the girl he likes. It sting. He was walking quietly when he saw Zoey talking with Winwin in the hallway.

 

He eavesdrop. Hiding behind a wall post.

 

“Just give me the notes.”

 

“You know it’s pretty ironic you should be thanking me first.” Winwin stubbornly winked. She made a face, “I don’t even know why I’m doing this. You’re so annoying!”

 

He pouted, “I just want a kiss in the cheek as a thank you. Is it that hard?”

 

“I will never do that and never will! Just give me my damn notes!”

 

“Okay okay! No need to be going all ape-. Here.” He raised his hands in defeat and hand her the notes. “Be thankful I like you enough that I wrote all the notes for you. Even if Doyoung didn’t me ask me I’d still willing to do it.”

 

He was so straightforward. It made her scoff.

 

She sighed and wasn’t able to from a words in . she was embarrassed to face him. “Thank you.” manage to let out. Winwin grinned at her “It’s okay, babe.” She glared at him only to find him still grinning showing his pefect teeth and his cute plump lips.

 

Johnny shook his head and wonder why is he even hiding and listening to them. “There’s nothing important why did I even hide?” he mumbled before walking away.