Chapter 1

Chicago Boy, Johnny

Today is the start of the new semester means new school year. It’s always been like this, waking up alone. Being away from her parents is really hard but she need to understand because they are away for their business. Sighing, she climbed off to her bed, did her daily routine before preparing for school.

 

“Yuta, I’m so tired. Can you at least please stop pestering me today? It’s literally damn 8 AM in the morning!” As usual, Yuta always nags and pester her around so I guess she’s used to it now.

“Then why did you come to school early? Everyone knows you always show up to school late. It’s so un-AEJONG of you huh?” he teased.

Glaring at him, she stood up, “Stop calling me in my Korean name!”

He shook his head before plopping to his seat. As he was about to stand up again other students hurried inside the class and everyone tried to act and seated properly. Sighing, she removed her headphone as the designated new Professor went in.

 

The school went on until lunch break.

“Zoey wait us!” Jaehyun, Yuta, and Doyoung called out.

“What now?”

“We missed our baby Zoey, so eat with us?,” Jaehyun pleaded. She sighed and tag along with them at the usual lunch table.

 

As all four walked towards the table, the whole cafeteria is kind of chaotic and it’s unsual to be like this unless something is up again on the school. “What’s going on here?” Doyoung asked out of curiosity. “I actually don’t have any idea.” Yuta shrugged off.

 

“Hi can I sit beside you, Zoey?” she looked up seeing a man holding a trey in his hands. Zoey ignored him and continued eating. He stayed on his position until a girl went to her other side and asked the same thing. Annoyance took over her as she slammed her fork on the table. “Do I ing look like a low profile person that you can just ask and eat with people like you?”

 

Everyone turned their heads to where she is sitting at and gasps erupted the whole cafeteria.

“What the hell are those fools doing asking Ms. Zoey to eat with them?”

“I know everyone want to be close with Ms. Zoey but that was an embarrassing move to do. You know her family they won’t allow someone who’s a low profile be friend with their daughter.”

 

Murmurs are everyone and it made her annoyed even more.

“Can you all shut up?” she hollered. “We’re sorry. Please forgive us. This will never happen again.” The two bowed and you could see the fear in their eyes

 

Zoey sat down rolling her eyes at the scene she’s witnessing. “ing annoying people.” The three flower boys look at her and shook their heads. She’s back again being her usual self. “I heard there’s a new transferee in our school and based from what I’ve heard he’s hot!” a girl screamed just not far away from their table.

 

“What could they be possibly talking about?” Doyoung curiously titled his head at the screen monitor that was hanging at the top of the announcement board, trying his best to look at the screen.

“Huh? A new exchanged student from Chicago, Johnny Seo?” he read on the screen monitor. Everytime when there’s a new student or new professor, it’ll be posted on the screen monitor. So students can welcome them and easily adjust.

“WHAT?!” Yuta exclaimed, standing up abruptly from his seat.

Doyoung narrowed his eyes from the screen monitor to his frantic friend, “Why? is there a problem?”

 

Instead of getting a reply, Yuta stormed off giddily. “That punk didn’t inform me that he’s coming back here. What a jerk to greet a friend.”

 

The school grounds were mobbed with busy students wanting to take a glance from the new transferee Chicago Prince. Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms and look over far away from the crowded place leaning on Jaehyun’s shoulder.

 

“Yuta texted me that the new transferee is his friend.”

“Friend?” He nodded. “Actually, he said he met him when he was still in Tokyo but that Johnny boy lives in America.”

“Is he hot though?”

 

Jaehyun stared at her and smiled. Even though she could be a total to strangers, she is still the kind and the sweet girl that they adore so much. Only the closest friends can witness this side of her. “Yuta said he is. He also said that dude was always get chased by girls everytime so I guess.”

 

“If he’s really hot might as well I’ll try hitting on him. Give me a goodluck.” They both laughed as a man in his new uniform stepped out of from his Maybach.

 

 


[AUTHOR'S NOTE] OMG I MISS Y'ALL IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I LOGGED IN :(