Chapter 3

Chicago Boy, Johnny

The school had announced that there will be a prom night. Isn’t it too early for that because the school just started? but the handler said that they scheduled it early because there’s gonna be more event for the second semester. They have to find partner though.

 

Many had attempted to ask Zoey to be their partner but she just keep rejecting them saying she won’t attent the prom. Even Winwin tried and he was so persistent. She got used to his nags now that sometimes it doesn’t bothered her anymore. Winwin is always gonna be Winwin.

 

“Why are you not coming? I’m so sad I won’t be seeing the most beautiful girl in our school.” Jaehyun pouted.

She pinched his cheeks, “Because I don’t want to. besides I don’t have a partner though.”

“I can drop Hyunyae for you so I could be your partner.”

“No. That girl has been crushing on you since first year she must be happy that she’s your partner.” She eyed him and slap his arm. He groaned. “Please come?”

His eyes were sad, she sighed. “I’ll think about it.”

 

Johnny shook the idea of going to the prom. He has no interest though. Plus the girl he has been putting an interest to have already a partner. He got tons of love letters everyday on his locker and it’s starting to irk him. When will they ever stop sending me these? He threw all the letters to the garbage can without even reading it.

 

But who’s the girl he has been eyeing lately? It’s Professor Ahn Rinjee. His professor in English. Although he has a thing with girls older than him, she’s still only four years older. Not that far though. He groaned when he saw Professor Ahn with Professor Nam. They are partners in Prom night. Of course professors are invited too.

 

“Johnny are you coming?”

“Coming? For what?”

“Prom night.” Ten shrugged.

“I don’t know.” He said uninterested. “Do you think Zoey will accept me?” Ten wondered.

Upon hearing her name, his head shot towards him “Why are you asking me this?”

“No reason. I’ll just go ask her after school.”

 

Johnny can be mysterious. He’s the type of person who doesn’t easily open up with people. He hates it when girls chase him around or when they pester him. Back in Chicago, he used to date a lot of girls and is really experienced with and other things. Yes, he had a lot of ex girlfriends but wonder why he hates being chased.

 

Simple because he thinks girls are all the same. He dated a lot of girls just to satisfy his needs. He’s a man and a man has his needs. I guess he’s pretty fond of ual . There was one time an American girl offered a one night stand with him. That’s how popular he is with western girls back in Chicago.

 

I thought they are not fond of Asian males. He once thought.

 

But then he never knew how charismatic he is when he turned 18. Puberty hit him like a firetruck. He was born and raised in Chicago, USA. His parents were always on business trips so they don’t always spend time together. Johnny is such a serious guy and he doesn’t do compliments, he doesn’t talk to strangers. An introvert guy, you name it.

 

He has a brunette hair that perfectly cascade at the side of his face, sharp jawline, dark brown orbs, small thin line lips that perfectly shaped, pale skin, with a slender body that fits his tall height. Everything about him is perfect.

 

Well, you all thought. But one thing that he lacks is communication and attitude. That just how it works. Atleast for him.

 

His thoughts were pre occupied with Professor Ahn and Professor Nam. Contemplating if he would still pursue her to be his partner. He won’t go unless Professor Ahn woul go with him. Maybe I should try.