Chapter 4

Chicago Boy, Johnny

Feeling worn out already, Zoey struggles to keep her balance. “Why am I carrying these books again?”. Professor Nam had asked her to get these books from the library and he need it on time now. Without second thought, a hard wind slaps your body making the books flew away. “Sorry.” A girl who bumped her said.

 

She didn’t even take a glance at her as she zoom out of her sight running helplessly. Johnny was walking with earphones on until he saw Zoey at the ground, trying to collect the books and carefully putting it on her arms.

 

But as soon as she tried to stand up, she growled in pain, she had her ankle sprained. A strong arms snatch the books from her arms and help her get up. “Thank you—“ she wasn’t able to finish her words when her eyes met a two beautiful dark brown orbs staring at her. His eyes are beautiful as if she could read it, is he worried?

 

“Where are you bringing these though?” he breaks the silence.

“To Professor Nam. Why?”

Instead of getting a reply, Johnny carefully help her sit and stood up, “I’ll just bring these to Professor Nam. Stay here.”

 

She was about to complain when he stormed off. She put a hand above her ankle and massage it only to make her whimpered in pain. Why is he suddenly being nice to me? Why did he help me. I didn’t asked him. For sure, he’s gonna say I need to repay him back. She mentally grimaced.

 

Her mind was too preoccupied when she felt her body being lift up. She turned her around which was a mistake because Johnny’s face is so close to her that she can feel his hot breath against her cheek. Butterflies started flying inside her stomach because of the skinship and the intense closure of their face.

 

He can feel her heartbeat through the soft thin fabric of her clothes. He smirked, “Are you nervous?” she never knew he’s such a tease because this is the first time she saw him being like that. She look away denying it. “I-I’m not! Why would I?” she cutely responded.

 

He went further more to annoy her, “I can feel your heart beating so fast.” She squirmed on his arms, “What are you doing? Put me down.” He ignored her and went to clinic.

 

She was being carried by him bridal style and the students gasped upon seeing them in such situation. Johnny then realized what he had done and felt embarrassed. I wasn’t supposed to be doing this and talking to her. .

 

Anyways, they arrived at the clinic and the nurse asked what happen to her. “My right ankle is sprained. I can’t walk.” She got treated and has a bandage wrapped around her right ankle. Johnny stood up from his seat and bowed to the nurse. “Thank you.”

 

“Why are you still here?”

“What a good way to thank your savor, huh?”

“I didn’t ask for your help.”

 

“Whatever.” Johnny shoved a plastic bag to her and quickly left the place. Zoey was left bewildered. She opened the plastic bag and saw hotpack and medicines inside. Thank you.

 


 

“Shut up! She might wake up if you’re being too noisy!” Jaehyun shushed his friend, Doyoung. He is just worried to Zoey thinking something bad might happen to her. Yuta shooed them away, “Let me take care of her. You two can go out now.” The two left the place with a heavy shoulder.

 

Upon opening her eyes, a two round orbs are staring at her with distress. “Yuta?” in a sudden move, her chest came in contact with his chest. Finally.