Chapter 2

Chicago Boy, Johnny

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming back. As a friend I’m really offended.” Yuta blabbered, holding his chest cutely and leaning his face closer to his friend. Johnny shoved his face and went back reading. “You’re totally ogling at him.” Jaehyun whispered.

 

Electricity ran down to her body, realizing that she’ been staring at him for some quite minutes now. “Shut up!” she fired back audibly. Johnny’s eyes narrowed from the book he’s reading towards her and caught her looking at him. He smirked and rolled his eyes. Holy . He caught me ogling at him he must be thinking I like him. I’m in deep , just great.

 

“Oh by the way, Johhny these are my friends Jaehyun, Doyoung and the Beauty of the school Cheon Aejong but people preferred calling her with her English name, Zoey.” He shook hands with Doyoung and Jaehyun but just as she was about to extend her hand, he retreated his hand back and went back to reading.

 

What just happened? Did he just ignored me? I couldn’t believed this. She scrunched her nose and rolled her eyes slamming the table before standing up. “The lunch is almost over I gotta go.” Johnny looked over her back as she stormed off from the cafeteria and rolled his eyes.

 

“That was quite rude, Johnny. You should’ve atleast shook hands with her.” Yuta interrupted.

“Girls who try to hit on me, ogle at me, chase me, I hate them the most.” He said before standing up and disappeared from their sight.

Jaehyun clapped, “that was unbelieveable! If I were on his position I’d die if girls would chase me. But for him? He’s something!”

 

Zoey’s POV

That bastard think he’s something. This is the first time I got rejected for shaking hands with someone I don’t even have an interest with. I sighed and kick my table, I growled in pain. “Are you okay Ms. Zoey?” A guy named Si Cheng who’s one of my classmate in Science but people call him Winwin. I don’t have time to talk to people who I barely know. Yes he’s my classmate but we don’t even talk.

 

So why this dude just suddenly initiating a conversation now? I rolled my eyes and slump my head down on my table. I heard him stifled a small laugh before sitting down beside my table, looking intently at me. “I was just concern Ms. Cold-hearted.” The nickname he gave to me made me narrowed my eyes at him.

 

Who does he think he is to call me like that?

 

“Excuse me?”

“What?” he smiled.

“Why are you bothering me?” He smirked. I don’t know but it annoys when when he does that.

I growled in annoyance, “Can you stop that?”

Innocently, he said, “Stop what?”

“Smirking.” This guy thinks we are close.

“I’m not smirking though.”

 

It wasn’t awkward atmosphere though I’m glad he stopped bothering me. It was so boring plus Yuta, Jaehyun and Doyoung aren’t here to entertain me. Honestly, I don’t like being friends with other people. I’m an introvert person, I only talk to people I know besides I’m kind of awkward with strangers so I don’t know how to initiate or approach them. That leaves me stuck with Doyoung, Yuta, and Jaehyun.

 

A sudden loud screaming echoes in the room. Well, no surprised because that Johnny is in the same class as me in Science. “Bro! I’ve missed you so much!” Winwin highfived his friend. Great now I’m stuck with these two weirdos. I inwardly rolled my eyes and put on my headphones to avoid hearing another bull.

 

Author’s POV

Johnny went to sit beside his friend. He smiled and catch up with Winwin. They are so engrossed with their conversation that they hadn’t notice that the room is filling with students since the lunch just ended minutes ago.

 

Johnny glance at her. She was busy reading her book with headphones on her ears. She’ll not hear us, right? Winwin noticed him staring at her, “Dude not her.” Johnny was caught off guard with his statement. “What?”

 

“Don’t you like her? If you like her please stop because you have lots of competitors.” Said Winwin.

“What are you sayin? I don’t like her.”

“Really? Then good. I thought I’ll have another rival. Ten, Mark, and Taeyong are already hard enough to compete with.” He sighed, smiling while looking at her side profile. “She’s so beautiful.”

Johnny grimaced and shook his head, “I don’t see what’s good about her, definitely not even pretty for me.”

 

Winwin scoffed at him as if he’s crazy or something but a part of him is happy because he’s no rival for her. He grinned at the thought of that. Zoey was so occupied with her studies that she haven’t notice Winwin sitting beside her and looking at her cutely. At first she just ignore it but his stares becoming more and more creepy.

 

She sighed and took off her headphones, eyeing Winwin with her death stare. “Stop looking at me like that.” But the Chinese boy didn’t even flinched at her sudden outburst as he chuckled and leaned on the chair he was sitting at. Winwin kept bothering her the whole lesson asking her out. He was really persistent and it annoyed her.

 

She still wouldn’t go on a date with him especially not with the one who’s two year younger than her. “Omg you’re so annoying stop pestering her around.” Jaehyun shook Winwin’s shoulder. There he comes to the rescue. She smiled upon seeing him and saving her from Winwin. “Thank you for saving me Jae!”

 

He shook his head, “Always for my princess.” She gave him a tight hug. Johnny look at them. He rarely sees her smiling or being joyful but it’s the first time he saw her like this. He was probably wondering. “If you are asking, she’s only like that with the people she’s close with.” said Winwin.

 

“I’m not asking.”

“Whatever you say Johnny boy.” He teased.

 

It was a tiring day. Zoey was exhausted as as she slumped on her bed, embracing the scent. She can witness the sun setting down on her window, the birds chirping in delight and the screeching tires of the cars from a far. What a day.

 

Her phone beep and an unknown message came up.

“I miss you…”

Her brows furrowed each other, she texted back. “Who is this?”

She waited for the reply but she got none. Weird.

 


[AUTHOR'S NOTE] Why does NCT members are all visuals omg i can't even because every mebers are bias wreckers. BUT ANYWAYS I'M LOYAL TO MARK AND JOHNNY OKAY