Sixteen

let me (be your man)

 

When Sehun wakes up the next time and finds his arm snugly wrapped around Jongin’s waist, he doesn’t bother to take it back; for some reason, it only feels natural to have it wrapped around the younger. With bleary eyes, he looks out of the window only to find it dark outside. After passing a fleeting glance to the clock sitting on the table beside his bed, he realizes it’s only nine in the evening. He frowns, thinking back to what time Jongin and he fell into slumber after their long talk about a lot of things.

 

When he fails to remember the time, he only sighs and rubs his eyes with the back of his hand, yawns a little before finally allowing himself to look at Jongin’s sleeping face. He’s looking as adorable as he had looked this morning. He smiles, thinking back to the moment when he’d asked Jongin to give him a chance and Jongin crying harder than he ever did (at least in his presence). With little to no hesitancy left in him, he gingerly brushes aside the fringes falling over Jongin’s closed eyelids before gulping down the sudden rising bile of adoration down his throat.

 

He brings his hand down, and rubs a thumb on Jongin’s cheek and his bottom lip, mentally deciding that he needs to ask Jongin to drink enough water; his lips are a little chapped, and Sehun likes them plushier, in their natural state. Although they haven’t kissed, yet, Sehun feels the urge to kiss Jongin more than he ever did; if anything, it’s only intensified to such level which almost drives Sehun to nuts.

 

Deciding that he doesn't want to wake Jongin up, keeping in mind how much the younger had cried before they finally slept, he places a kiss to Jongin's hairline before carefully getting up from the bed. As he stands beside the edge and stares at Jongin's sleeping form, he decides that he needs to make this work. If he truly wants to be happy and satisfied with the life he has been given by the God, he needs to make this work.

 

He leans down to grab the duvet between his fingers, before placing them over Jongin's almost frail looking frame. The man had cried a waterfall, Sehun wouldn't be surprised if he heard Jongin complaining (mostly whining, which would be adorable if anything) about feeling out of energy when he wakes up.

 

He runs a hand through Jongin's hair, nearly crying out in happiness and something else that he couldn't quite decipher when he thinks back to their first meeting in his office. From that day—it’s been more than two months—Jongin has only played a major role in his daily life.

 

He became a part of his life, thoughts, imaginations, and fantasies within two months. Sehun doesn't know if anyone is as capable as Jongin to knock you off your feet with his real self. Jongin is a charming, adorable young man (if he could say, he would go as far as to say Jongin has stolen adorableness and cuteness of a two-year-old child), and leaves his mark on people as if he were an angel. A humble, virtuous being.

 

He didn’t know he needed someone like Jongin in his life until he finally has Jongin beside him.

 

He walks out of the bedroom with a smile on his face, greeting the maids with deep bows; some pass him amused looks and some worried.

 

“Master Oh.”

 

Sehun turns around and finds one of the maids standing a few feet away from him. The maid bows before looking into his eyes.

 

“Master Oh had called; he said he’s coming to meet you.”

 

Sehun furrows his brows. “But then why they didn’t call me on my phone?”

 

“Master said you weren’t picking up your phone, and you didn’t go to the company today so he couldn’t meet you there too.”

 

“Is there something else?”

 

“Both of your parents are coming, master. They called over an hour ago; they must be on their way to here now.”

 

Sehun hums and then asks the man to bring him a glass of water. After freshening up, he walks into the living room, falling on the couch kept in front of the LED TV with a small sigh.

 

From what he knows, his parents are coming here for two things only: first, to talk about the dating rumours involving Junmyeon, Jongin and him that they’ve almost forgotten about, second, because what happened just one day ago, at Mr. Jung’s party. Sadly, he does not have any explanation to give his parents, for either.

 

Junmyeon and he had talked about the rumors a few days ago, but soon gave over it when the rubbish coming out of everyone’s mouth wouldn’t stop. Junmyeon had said how he’d almost given up on this and was waiting for the rumor to die on its own. Sehun said he was tired too and would wait for it to die down. Hence, they never talked about the rumors (and Junmyeon’s and Jongin’s kiss at the businessman’s birthday party) ever again.

 

All is left the second incident, about which Sehun still has to meet Mr. Do again. He’d talked to Jongin about it before falling asleep, but since the younger wasn’t in his right state of mind, he thinks he would need to talk to Jongin about that, again. This time, however, the thought that he would have to repeat everything again does not infuriate him, if anything, it makes him want to explain himself better to Jongin. About how important it is to file a case against the man; how important it is to not stay silent and most important, how Jongin should not worry about being left alone. If he has promised him that everything would be fine (and that he would be with him), he doesn’t need to worry about anything, doesn’t need to think about anything that does not concern filing a case against a certain someone.

 

He sighs and thanks to the maid when he comes with a glass of cold water; he asks if he could make coffee for him, too, the maid replies with a small bow and a smile. There are a lot of things that he has learned from Jongin; one being how he should treat everyone with respect, it doesn’t matter if they are beggar or waiter or someone rich. Everyone has self respect and stomping on someone’s else with one's power and money is a big no-no. With the sudden change in his behavior, he is sure as hell that the workers working in his mansion are more than just simply surprised. After all, they not always see Sehun smiling and greeting them a bright ‘good morning’ every day.

 

He sighs once again and runs a hand through his hair, wondering if he should give a call to his parents when the sudden deep voice of his father tells him that his parents are already here.

 

“Sehun,” greets his mother with a smile, engulfing his frame in a motherly hug. “How have you been doing?” Sehun replies he’s doing fine and asks them in return before nodding towards the couch. “It’s late and we are going to attend a party in an hour, thought we could give you a visit since you look like you’ve forgotten that you have parents.”

 

“Kids always do that,” Mr. Oh begins, humming a little. He goes on how he heard about a family where a son left his parents to fend for themselves. “It’s a shame that young people these days don’t care about their parents anymore.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes as he leans against the couch; his parents can be overly dramatic sometimes. “It’s a shame,” he agrees; “not like you two have to worry, I am not going anywhere.”

 

“Ah, my darling son, it’s not like we won’t be able to fend for ourselves if you left us.”

 

His mother is not wrong but Sehun nods his head in approbation nonetheless. “I know,” he hums, smiling at the maid when he comes with water and coffee for all three of them. “So,” he clears his throat. “You must be in hurry since you have to attend a party, huh?”

 

You seem in hurry on kicking us out, Sehun.” Mr. Oh points, amused.

 

The couple share an amused laugh, however, Sehun does notice the wary look his mother passes to his bedroom door on the first floor. He clears his throat to distract her. “It's not like that dad, mom. It's late, make sure to drive safe at this hour.” Or it's more a suggestion to his parents personal driver who isn't here.

 

“We know,” his father hums before clearing his throat again. “So what have to done until now?”

 

“About what?”

 

“About the rumours.”

 

He drums his fingers in his clothed thigh. “Nothing remarkable.”

 

“Why aren't you wearing a shirt?” His mother asks, pointing a finger at his bare chest. “I noticed just now.”

 

He stutters when he answers. “I-forgot? I guess, yeah.”

 

“So,” his mother stands up from the couch before patting Sehun on his head. “I'll bring your your shirt, until then, both of you talk.”

 

“You don't need to,” Sehun stands up and holds his mother's hand. Maybe his voice comes sharper than he'd intended with how his maid jumps in surprise. His mother raises an eyebrow at him, as if she knows what he's hiding. “I mean, I am fine like this.”

 

“I don't think that we have ever taught you to walk about the home in the presence of your parents and maids.”

 

“I am technically not ,” he says before passing a worried glance to his bedroom door. “Okay, fine. I'll bring my shirt—”

 

“Sehun,” his father calls before motioning him to sit down. “We need to talk. Besides, it's not like your mother hasn't been to your bedroom room ever. She knows the inside out of your bedroom. Sit still and talk.”

 

When his mother looks like she wouldn’t give up, he reluctantly sits down, internally hoping Jongin would know about this somehow and would hide somewhere. He hears her footsteps as she walks away from them and toward his bedroom. He bites the inside of cheek when his father passes him a knowing glance; he knows his father has some idea as to why he’s been reluctant on allowing his mother from entering in his bedroom.

 

“So what exactly happened at Jung’s party?”

 

“Lee tried to molest Jongin; he had something mixed in Jongin’s drink.”

 

“That’s unfortunate.” Mr. Oh hums. “It’s a shame that I used to call Lee my friend. What did you do about it until now?”

 

“I filed a case against him.”

 

“Did he give his statement? From the news report, I don’t think anything has happened even in that case.”

 

Sehun shakes his head and explains to his father that they would visit the station the next morning to record Jongin’s statement. “Dad, I just need a little help—”

 

Sehun,” Mrs. Oh calls, sounding livid, as she walks towards them in hurried steps. “Why there's a boy in your bed?”

 

After a brief silence between the three adults, Sehun clears his throat and stands up from the couch he had been sitting on a few seconds ago.

 

“It's not what you think.”

 

Mrs. Oh crosses her arms over her chest. “Care to explain me and your father anything. Who is he? Another of your flings? When are you going to understand your responsibilities? You'll be thirty in a month for heaven's sake! Instead of sleeping around with new people every other day, why don't you chose someone to marry? Sleep with the chosen one as much as you like. You're crossing the limits. Do you really want us to force a marriage on you?”

 

“I told you, I have given up on him.” Mr. Kim explains when Mrs. Oh asks why he's silent all this time. “I am tired of repeating the same thing again and again only to be disappointed in the end.”

 

“He's not a fling,” Sehun tries explaining. “I am not lying.”

 

“I don't know if I should believe you or not.” Mrs. Oh shakes her head. “Who knows if the boy is under the duvet.”

 

“Did you see his face?” Mr. Oh asks, seemingly calm; Mrs. Oh replies with another shake of her head.

 

“I swear he isn't any one night stand. And I promise to you both, I won't sleep around after this.” There's another beat of silence before Mr. Oh clears his throat.

 

“Did you find someone?” Sehun remains silent for some moments before he gives a small shrug. “So who is he? What are you two—the boy sleeping on your bed and you.”

 

He doesn't know. “I don't know,” he replies, much to his parents further confusion. “It’s late, I think you two are getting late for the party.”

 

Even though they aren’t, his parents nod nonetheless; they repeat their advices again, saying how it’s wrong for him to do what he’s doing before leaving the mansion. Once they leave, Sehun falls back on the couch and stares at the cup of now cold coffee. “Would you bring me another?” He asks, not looking up when the maid quickly scrambles to pick up the tray before walking out of the living room.

 

It’s either his parents knew what they could find and hence didn’t speak much or they are just fed up with his antics. Either way, it’s good that they didn’t run to grab Jongin and ask him what he’s doing on their son’s bed. His parents have gone through a lot of disturbing answers from many of his flings anyway, he doesn’t think if they could handle another one.

 

He thanks his maid when he comes with a hot cup of coffee before looking in time to see Jongin drowsily walking toward him. He smiles, feeling giddy for no reason at all.

 

Now that Jongin is finally standing in front of him, in another of his vulnerable state, he can’t help but admire his raw beauty in absolute silence from his side. Jongin says something before falling beside him on the couch drowsily yet shyly. Sehun places the cup of his coffee on the coffee table before turning to look at Jongin; Jongin keeps avoiding his gaze.

 

“So,” he begins, watching as Jongin stiffens on the spot as if he were falling back into a slumber. “You slept a lot.”

 

Jongin sleepily pouts, Sehun almost pinches his cheek. “I feel out of energy,” he complains, just as Sehun predicted.

 

“Well you cried a river so of course,” he points out, watching as different emotions waver on Jongin’s face.

 

It’s awkward between them after that, neither knowing how to or what to talk about next. It could be because of what happened between the two of them in last few hours, if there’s something else, then Sehun doesn’t have any idea what that could be.

 

So he drums his fingers on the backrest of the couch, humming to a song when Jongin doesn’t bother looking at him.

 

“Master,” his maid appears out of nowhere. “The dinner had been prepared a few hours ago, at usual time. Since you weren’t available at that time, do you want us to—” God, Sehun thinks to himself, his maid is an angel.

 

He clears his throat and asks Jongin if he wants to eat dinner, points at the clock and says how it’s almost ten in the evening. Jongin says he needs to talk to his son, he has been neglecting his child for too long. Sehun nods his head and quickly jogs to his bedroom to bring Jongin’s phone (even though the younger said that he could bring it himself).

 

“Jin,” Jongin says a few minutes into the silence after his son picks up the call. “How have you been doing, baby?” The child replies something from the other end and Jongin tears up; his face reddens almost immediately and his lips start wobbling as if he were ready to break into tears again. “I am sorry; Papa is sorry.”

 

Sehun watches the interaction in pensive silence, wonders to himself if he had a child of his own, would he do the same. His fingers itch to wipe away the falling tears from Jongin’s eyes and hold him tight in his arms, but he doesn’t. The sudden memories of the past suddenly come into his mind, insistently demanding him to either think about his only real relationship that failed tragically or about how Jongin could do the same if they ever happen to fall in love (which Sehun thinks would happen soon, if the different emotions that he feels in Jongin’s presence is anything to go by).

 

He suddenly thinks back to his only lover; how he’d held the other tightly in his arms, insecure about everything and everyone despite being called a perfection of its own. How he’d feel jealous, angry and hundred different things just being in his presence. Living with Jongin provides him with the same; he almost wonders if the past is repeating itself.

 

When even after half an hour Jongin doesn’t stop talking to his son (and crying), he quietly walks out of the living room and towards the balcony of his bedroom. Now that the memories of the past are suddenly here, and they have decided to not leave him this time, he suddenly feels burdened and scared about everything.

 

Whatever happened between them was because of the sudden emotions that both of them went through: Jongin was worried and insecure, guilty even with the thought of using Junmyeon’s feelings, and he had been nothing but jealous, angry for something that he doesn’t know was the real reason or not.

 

He grabs the railing in firm hold, eyes stinging with the threatening tears. For minutes, his brain remains nothing but blank. Absolute silence in and around him. He stares at the night sky and then wonders to himself how he’d forgotten that he has always been a coward, and afraid of everything and hid everything well behind this cool facade of his. Before Jongin’s sudden appearance in his life, he hadn’t thought that anyone could get past his fake facade, but Jongin. The younger hasn’t even done anything and he’s already ruling him.

 

Jongin is making him feel everything that he’d once thought he’d stopped feeling after his breakup with his first and last boyfriend.

 

... but here he is, crying over Jongin and every little problem and confusion surrounding him and the younger.

 

He sniffs and wipes the tears off his cheeks with the back of his hand; the tears, though, doesn’t stop rushing down his cheeks so he doesn’t bother to pay mind to it. He doesn’t even know why he’s crying, he’s just feeling like crying over and over again.

 

A few minutes later there’s a poke on his back. He turns around to get a sight of Jongin standing behind him, concerned. Before he could wipe his tears and tell Jongin a lie (that he’s crying because he got something in his eye or something like that), Jongin stretches a hand and with hesitant fingers wipes them away for him. Sehun remains frozen on his spot as he dazedly stares at Jongin, silently and dazedly.

 

“Care to talk about what made The Oh Sehun cry?” Jongin asks in a teasing yet light tone.

 

The honest expression on Jongin’s face only makes him feel more, and before he knows, he’s already wrapping his arms around Jongin to pull him into a hug. He pushes his face into the crook of Jongin’s neck, and absentmindedly places his lips on Jongin’s neck. The touch of his lips is hot and heavy on Jongin’s skin, intimate, and Jongin’s reaction is almost immediate. The younger squirms in his hold, whimpers a little when Sehun only starts placing insistent kisses on every inch he could reach. “Sehun—” Jongin calls gently, as if testing the fragility of Sehun’s mind at this moment; as if he understands Sehun and what he may be feeling.

 

“I am sorry, I just need a moment,” he reassures between every little press of his lips. When Jongin wraps his arms around his neck, Sehun feels as if the younger has wrapped a warm, comforting blanket over him and all he wants to do is snuggle deep into it and keep Jongin in his arms.

 

Jongin is just too lovable.

 

“Hyung,” Jongin calls when Sehun breaks into a fresh wave of tears. “Are you okay?”

 

“I miss him,” Sehun croak garbles; Jongin immediately stiffens in his arms. “I miss him so much and God, I hate myself for it. I want to forget him for once and all. Is there a way to forget someone you used to love? Is there any way?”

 

Sehun barely registers Jongin's “even I don't know hyung” before he pulls back and grabs Jongin's face between his hands. “We both are stuck in our past,” he says, sure of himself. “I am ruining myself for what happened in my past. I ruined my past, he ruined my past, and I am ruining my present and future, too. Isn’t it a shame? What should I do?” Before Jongin could speak anything, he leans down and touches their forehead together. “Jongin,” he calls softly. “Let me drive you back home,” he adds minutes later, much to Jongin’s confusion.

 

The drive back to his apartment is silent, not like Jongin had expected anything else, but still, the silence is overbearing for him. Sehun does look like he wants to say a lot of things--the things that are bothering him all of a sudden--but maybe he’s just afraid to come out vulnerable or worse, end up crying in front of someone; hence end up proving that he isn’t as strong as he shows himself as.

 

He’s petulant headstrong man who likes to keep everything to himself, at least that’s what Jongin has found about the elder until now.

 

“I am sorry,” Sehun begins when he stops the car in front of Jongin’s apartment. “For keeping you at my place,” he explains when Jongin remains silent.

 

“Who is he?” Jongin asks instead.

 

Sehun furrows his brows in confusion, although Jongin notices the recognition flickering in the elder’s eyes when Sehun looks at him. “Who are you talking about?”

 

“The one you talked about,” he says; “the one who supposedly ruined your past.”

 

Sehun clenches his jaw and looks away. “No one of importance.”

 

“Funny. A person of no importance made Oh Sehun cry.” He points out; he probably sounds like a whining girl, if the irritation on Sehun’s expression is anything to go by. “Here I was worrying for no reason--” he stops immediately when Sehun grabs his jaw and forces him to look into the elder’s eyes.

 

“You,” Sehun begins, his fingers dig into the soft flesh of Jongin’s cheeks, annoyed and irritated at being played at. “Stop talking.”

 

Jongin grabs his hand and pushes it away from his face. “You don’t need to be rough with me. I have good intentions—I just wanted to know if you were okay or not. If you don’t want to talk about it, then I am not going to force you.” He pushes his side of door open before passing Sehun a look, something that Sehun couldn’t decipher. “I’ll come at the company after giving my statement. I may be late.”

 

“Don’t you need me?”

 

“Do you want to come with me?” Jongin asks instead. Sehun replies with a silent nod. “Then you don’t need to ask me. If you really want to help someone, then you need to stand beside them at all time. Even when they don’t ask.” He sits silently on the seat for a few seconds and looks away in time when Sehun gives a vulnerable look to him. “Good night, hyung. Thank you for everything that you did for me past few days; I appreciate everything. Your mere presence, too.”

 

“That was my ex,” he says just when Jongin steps a foot out of the car. “My ex,” he repeats when Jongin turns to look at him. “I-I loved him a lot; as if my life depended on it. He—” he humourlessly chuckles, new tears clouds his eyes all of a sudden. “He thought cheating on me would be the brightest idea. So here I am; still stuck in the past.”

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Jongin asks and closes the door before turning towards Sehun completely. “I am still not going to force you, hyung, but I think sometimes you just need to vent out everything that’s holding you back to move forward. It’s okay to be vulnerable.”

 

Sehun turns around and stares down at his lap. Silence takes over them. “I-I just,” he begins at last, a few minutes later. “Everything was fine, I thought I am finally taking a step forward when I talked to you and felt as if I were in…” he stops and bites his lower lip, seemingly hesitating to pour out his honest feelings. “I felt as I were in home; as if I finally found the one thing that I had been running after all this time. You know stability.”

 

“Then I don’t know how he came into my mind, and I just feel so... so scared about everything.” He rubs distressed hands on his face, shaking a little in his own skin. “Seeing you there, you looking as if belonged there and all, brings me back all the old memories that I honestly despise.” He bites the tip of his thumb before rocking a little back and forth on his seat, looking as if he’s holding his tears back. “I loved him so much--why did he have to do that to me?” He doesn’t know he’s crying until Jongin points that out. He hurriedly wipes them away and mentally swears himself for acting like this. “Just leave it, I don’t want to think about him.”

 

“I am here to listen to you, hyung,” Jongin says, bringing a hand to rub gentle circles on the back of the elder’s hand. “Maybe no one tried to listen to you, that’s why you have been keeping every little fear and worry to yourself. Don’t you wonder what change a simple conversation would bring into your life?”

 

Sehun laughs a little. “You sound like a philosopher.”

 

“I might as well be one.” Jongin shrugs. “So, are you telling me anything?”

 

Sehun sighs and looks away, again. “I don’t know what to talk about.” He admits.

 

“Anything that you have been keeping in your heart.”

 

Sehun sighs once again. “I-I... do you want to hear my sob story?” Jongin nods his head, now serious. “So,” he begins into a few minutes of silence between them; “I met this guy in my high school; we were in the same class. At first sight, you won’t get a great appeal from him; he was like one of the faces that you could forget by the end of the day. Yet, there was something about him that I couldn’t quite understand, and that was the only thing that pulled me to him.” He stops for a few seconds. “The same thing intrigued me, a lot. Before I knew I was already following him like a whipped puppy. A few months later, we became friends; I got the chance to know the real him. He was shy, introverted, nerd and everything that could and would repel someone as rich as me—no kidding, please, don’t take it as my arrogance of my money power.” Jongin shakes his head.

 

“Before I knew I was already getting this giddy feeling in his presence; every minute I just wanted him to be beside me. I started getting, you know, possessive of him; I started feeling irritated whenever he talked to someone else, whenever he smiled at someone else. I was young and inexperienced back then. I naively told him everything that I felt in his presence and then he just smiled. He smiled and then he pulled me into a kiss. The feeling was blissful, I thought I found heaven in him.”

 

“We dated, a few months later he confessed he was in love with me, I did the same.” He smiles. “The next few years were, I don’t know how to explain it to you, I just thought I had never been that happy in my life. I was stupid enough to think of our future family.” He chuckles and shakes his head. With a sigh, he continues, “someone came between us; his best friend, and he just changed completely. Like took a 180 degree change. He just changed. I used to think that I was at mistake for every little fight between us; even he didn’t leave a single chance to guilt trip me. If I think now, he was just trying to keep his image while ruining mine.”

 

“He told me I was rich and arrogant, and that I wanted to control everyone and everything around me. Funnily enough, I believed every little that he said. He was just using me, you know. He broke me, slowly, slowly. The one where you don’t know you’re breaking, but you are. Are you understanding what I mean, Jongin? Are you understanding anything? Is this worthy enough to be told?”

 

“I am listening,” is what Jongin answers.

 

As if those three words were the only confirmation he was looking for, Sehun begins. “I begged him every evening, at the end of the day, to be with me and not leave me behind. He would always smile and tell me that he’d forgiven me. Like any other idiot, I believed that lie, too. He made sure to remind me again and again that I was the wrong between us, always. It was kind of routine between us. The words coming out of his mouth were so effective that I started believing him, I thought that I just needed to keep my thoughts and my feelings to myself. That he didn’t want to hear them; that he would get hurt if I said something, so I just kept mum.”

 

“He cheated on our anniversary or at least, I caught him cheating on our anniversary.” He shakes a little on his seat. Jongin notices the elder taking a loud gulp, he keeps mum. “I felt as if everything finished; I believed that everything finished. Ha! Like my world turned upside down, no matter how much I cried and cried, the heavy feeling over my chest would stay there.” He shrugs and stays silent for some time.

 

“I,” he begins at last. “I thought everyone was with me just for money and looks, status and s. So I kind of started playing a game, too. I would find someone new, would get into relationship, them, and then leave them when I was satisfied. Every time I saw them crying, it gave me immense satisfaction. Like look I am not the only one with a broken heart, there are more losers like me. It became a routine for me. When I became the CEO and realized that I didn’t even need to get into relationship to have someone in my bed, I started looking for potential one night stands. That’s how I became what I am today. Look, here I am.”

 

“I am sorry for what he did to you—”

 

“I loved him, you know.” Sehun croaks, breaks into a fit of tears. “I believed him; I thought he would understand me. I thought he was the one for me; that I would get old and everything with him. He just had to ruin everything. Why did he do that?” He looks at Jongin, first time looking vulnerable. “He ruined me, Jongin! He made me monster; I don’t think if I am anything more than a hedonist. Every moment I keep searching for someone to have in my bed. I feel like ing everything and then crying in the end because oh wow, look I am alone.”

 

“Did you do anything to me?” Jongin asks, a few moments into the silence between them where the elder only cries to himself.

 

“I don’t understand what you mean.”

 

“From what you said, I am sure you thought same of me, too.” Jongin furrows his brows, as if disgusted by the thought. Sehun gulps the rising bile in his throat. “You didn’t do anything to me—do you know what that means?”

 

“What?” Sehun asks, genuinely curious.

 

“That means, silly hyung, you are changing.”

 

“I am not,” Sehun denies and shakes his head.

 

“Did you sleep with someone after meeting me? How many times did you sleep around in the past few months?”

 

Sehun hesitates, but he answers nonetheless. “One.” Suzy, at Junmyeon’s party.

 

“May I ask when?”

 

Sehun hesitates again. “At Junmyeon’s party.”

 

“Ah, yes, how could I forget that.” Jongin mumbles to himself before looking at him. “Then you didn’t sleep around, did you?” Sehun shakes his head. “See that means something is holding you back from doing that thing. Do you know what? Or at least have any idea about it? I am one hundred percent sure, that’s your cure. Whatever it is, whoever it is.”

 

“You’ll get angry.”

 

“Why would I get angry?” Jongin asks, confused.

 

Sehun smiles to himself, but doesn’t notice the tears that slip out of his eyes when he keeps staring at Jongin. Jongin, he thinks, Jongin is beautiful, inside out. “I don’t know.” He shrugs.

 

When Sehun doesn’t explain further than that, he gingerly brings a hand close to Sehun’s face and wipes the tears with his fingers.

 

“What are you doing?” Sehun asks, although he doesn’t pull back from the touch of the younger on his cheeks.

 

“Showing you that you aren’t alone,” Jongin answers, smiling, and gently presses his thumb under the elder’s right eye. “Just like you showed me how I am not alone.”

 

“You,” Sehun begins a few seconds later. “You really are amazing.”

 

Jongin pulls his hand back with a shy smile, much to Sehun’s disappointment. “I know.” Before he could place his hand back on his lap back, Sehun grabs the same hand and brings it to his lips, pressing small kisses to each tip. Jongin blushes at that, but doesn’t pull his hand back; it’s not until Sehun presses a kiss on his palm that he whines and pulls his hand back.

 

Sehun sighs in something and places his elbow on the steering wheel to stare at the younger in amusement. “My sob story was boring, no?”

 

Jongin shakes his head. “It was informative.”

 

“Informative,” Sehun repeats with a small laugh. “How come?”

 

“Just, I got to know why you are like this.”

 

“Like this?”

 

Jongin shrugs but doesn’t explain it. “I am sorry for what he did to you, hyung. No one deserves a cheater in their life.”

 

“You should not be sorry for something that stupid. That had to happen, so it happened.”

 

“So,” Jongin says a few minutes later, biting his lower lip and fiddling with his fingers. He looks nervous to Sehun. “Would you do that again?”

 

“What, if I may ask?”

 

“Sleeping around,” Jongin answers.

 

Sehun is silent for some moments. He smiles into his fist before clearing his throat and nudging Jongin to look at him. “What would I get as a reward?”

 

“Reward?”

 

“Yes, for leaving my past dirty self behind. I need a reward for that.”

 

Jongin scrunches his nose; he looks cute to Sehun. “I don’t know,” he mumbles, naively. Sehun smothers a laugh into his fist. “I don’t have anything to give you.”

 

“You have the biggest gift in this world for me, believe me.” When Jongin mumbles a confused “biggest gift?”, he smiles a little. “A kiss.”

 

Jongin sputters and nearly slaps the elder on his face. “You are so strange!”

 

Sehun laughs before leaning a little into Jongin’s space, teasing the younger. “I am not kidding. A kiss and I will leave everything behind. Just for you.” Jongin stares at him as if he’s actually contemplating about it, and it’s not until Jongin, a few minutes later, starts leaning up that he widens his eyes. Now, it’s not like he never wanted to kiss the younger, but the sudden closeness between them only lightens a fire in him. He is confused about Jongin’s action, but the excitement that comes with the thought that he would finally get his first kiss with the younger rules every little confusion and worry of his.

 

“When you kiss, you need to close your eyes, stupid.” Jongin mumbles, reprimanding the elder. The red on his cheeks and the shivering of his body contradict the confidence he’s trying to show through his words. Nonetheless, Sehun closes his eyes and waits for the kiss that... never comes. At least where he was anticipating: on his lips.

 

He feels press of a pair of lips on his forehead that unfortunately is half covered with his bangs; though the touch of Jongin’s bottom lip on his skin leaves a tingle behind its wake. Sehun opens his eyes to a sight of a flushed Jongin giggling to himself. He groans. “Ha, very funny. You must be really happy.”

 

“You’re cute,” Jongin says instead and brings a hand to ruffle his hair; Sehun leans into the soft touch of the younger’s hand. Jongin pats his head in return. “I should go, Jin must be waiting for me,” he says when Sehun doesn’t stop pushing his head into his hand. “Hyung, I really have to go.”

 

“Then go,” he answers before leaning away from the younger.

 

“Good night,” Jongin says, stepping out of the car.

 

“Night,” he mumbles in return.

 

“Drive safely. Call me when you reach home.”

 

Sehun replies with a small hum and a smile; Jongin smiles back. When Jongin closes the door behind him, he touches his forehead with his fingertips and smiles to himself then breaks into a laugh. He shakes his head and after a quick wave to Jongin, drives away.

 

As soon as he falls on his bed, he grabs his phone and jumps into his conversation with Jongin.

 

i fell

 

oh my God

 

are you okay?

 

i told you, you need to learn how to use stairs

 

ugh, hyung what is wrong with you?

 

i fell hard

 

you already told me that

 

it doesn’t really hurt

 

what do you mean?

 

even i don’t know ;)



what if i changed the name of the story from ‘Let Me’ to ‘Let Me (Be Your Man)’? would that be strange? btw i thought Sehun sounded hot saying “let me be your man”. lol. that’s why i used it in the previous chapter. ;)

my personal life story: just to piss off one ARMY, i pointed to J-Hope’s photo and asked her who he is. the photo was not clear, although he was recognizable. you should’ve seen her face. Hahaha so ing fine.

i didn’t know i would stumble into a kpop fan in Delhi. :0