New Company

Almond eyes

Dara can’t move and couldn’t believe that her adored icon is in front of her. She shook her head and thought that she might have been daydreaming again, and this is just one of her fantasies. So she raised her right hand and pinch her cheek and squealed at the sharp pain flowing through her petite body. Her face swiftly changed as soon as she felt a plump hand lightly placed on her face. Then, a thumb gently but slowly rubbing on the painful spot and gradually dispersing the burn.

 

“Why did you do that!? Your cute cheek is blood red” CL asking but staring at Dara with worried eyes. At the same time, Dara realized that this is reality and both of her cheeks were blushing at CL’s gesture as soon as she was hit with the realization.

 

“Hey, Are you ok?” CL softly asked her.

 

“Are you getting a fever? Why is your face looking flushed?” CL continued and now both of her hands are cupped on Dara’s face. Her heart began to beat fast and put her clenched fist on her chest to tame her wild heart, but to avail it was ineffective. CL retracts both of her hands and continued to blankly stare at her. She wanted to say something but words just can’t escape from , and not a single note produced from her vocal cord. Her thoughts are trapped in a whirlwind but she wanted to say ‘that she’s a fan and how much she admires her and her music’. Her eyes just kept on gazing on CL and let her lower jaw hanging, it became quiet between them. And finally, Dara found the courage to start a conversation. However, out of nowhere, Rilakkuma's theme song played along with a man with a cart filled with Rilakkuma dolls which caught her and the crowd’s attention.

 

“K-kuma! I want kuma!” Dara turned her head and glanced at CL who made a childlike plea. Dara looked with shock but quickly changed into giggles after she realized how cute CL’s aegyo was. As a result, her nervousness that she had before lifted. Dara looked around before she moved closely to CL and carefully whispered.

 

“CL, want unnie to buy you one?” CL looked at her with a surprised expression and replied with a hushed tone.

 

“N-neh, please unnie and how did you know it was me? No one has ever recognized me without my makeup before” Dara laughed and said.

 

“Your beautiful almond eyes gave it away kekeke. Ummm wait here and I’ll bring you one” Dara walked to the cart and bought a medium sized Rilakkuma bear. She then went back to CL’s spot and handed it to her with a smile on her face. CL embraced it with care and stare at it purely. Despite CL wearing a face mask, she knows CL is delighted because of her cute eye smile.

 

“Thank you unnie” while CL doing a small respectful bow and doing the same with her new Rilakkuma toy. “And call me Chaerin, I don’t want people to know I’m CL” Chaerin whispered. Dara nodded with a grin on her face. “Sandara Park but just call me Dara for short” Chaerin with an acknowledgement.

 

Dara hesitated to ask her to join her at her table but Chaerin gladly accepted the request. Both sat across each other while Chaerin placed her new Rilakkuma doll beside her and did a small pat. Awkward silence surrounded the table and it took Dara few minutes to give a small inquiry.

 

“Umm, So what are you doing here? If you don’t mind me asking” Dara slightly leaning her head to the side and gave a wondering look.

 

Chaerin lowly put her head down but still looking at Dara.“Hmm well don’t tell anyone but I had a photoshoot nearby and I haven’t been in this area before. So I decided to look around and see what’s up”

 

“Wait! Are you by yourself? Isn’t it dangerous since you know” Dara’s eyes filled with concern.

 

“Yeah but I’m not wearing makeup so I blend in well don’t I?” Chaerin took her face mask down and revealed her bare face. Dara quickly panicked and put the face mask back on because she fears that she will get unwanted attention.

 

“What are you doing!? You might get identified” which ends up with Chaerin laughing out loud at the adorable protective gesture. All of a sudden, Bom appeared with two trays of corn meals and placed one of them directly at Dara while the other is in-front of her.

 

“Dara-yah! here’s your corn meal and this is mine. Don’t touch ok?”  Bom sat at the only vacant seat which was beside Dara’s and across Rilakkuma. And then, Bom looked up and noticed Chaerin and the Rilakkuma doll across her right away. However, Bom doesn’t recognize that CL ‘The Baddest Female’ is sitting right before her eyes.

 

“Oh! Hi! I haven’t seen you before. I’m Bom” while giving a small bow and a friendly smile.

 

“Im Chaerin and we just met actually, just visiting. But I'm thinking of visiting again since there’s something beautiful in this place” Chaerin replied and then gazed at Dara. Bom caught Chaerin’s gaze peering at Dara while Dara unaware and just continues to nibble her corn like a rabbit. Bom gave a smirk and pondered about their encounter.

 

“Wait, you guys just met? How did you guys meet?” Bom gleefully asked. Chaerin was ready to narrate their encounter when she got cut off as soon as she heard her phone demanding for attention.

 

“Yobosayo? Neh… neh… I’ll see you soon” Chaerin putting back her phone in her pocket and gave a weak expression, then looked at Dara.

 

“I-I need to go, they’re looking for me.” Dara’s joyous face shifted to a sad but understanding look and no choice but to simply nod.

 

“Ummm Dara unnie, I wanna ask you something... in private if you will” Dara and Chaerin left Bom alone with Rilakkuma as her companion and continue eating her corn happily. Dara and Chaerin were able to find an exclusive corner yet visible for Bom to see them.

 

“I just wanna say thank you for talking to me as Chaerin, not as CL. It’s refreshing to meet people without getting intimidated from my CL persona. Also, thank you for buying me a Rilakkuma doll, it was really sweet of you. As a show of gratitude, I was wondering if we could have lunch tomorrow? It’s my last day tomorrow before I go back to LA. I really wanna make my stay worthwhile” Dara was happy to hear Chaerin’s invite but saddened to hear that it will be her last day in Korea.

 

“Ill gladly come and why don’t I show you around after we have our lunch” Dara gave a suggestion.

 

“Yeah that sounds exciting! Let's meet up near the Rilakkuma cart around 1PM” Chaerin added while Dara excitedly nodded. Chaerin and Dara went back to the table and as Chaerin was about to carry her huggable-sized stuff toy, a fit tomboyish-looking young woman came out of nowhere with a irritated look. She was wearing a purple hoodie, weird snapback and has a face-mask on as well.

 

“So this is where you’ve been?! You just left without notifying me unnie!” the three jumped and quickly turned to look at the deep but angry voice echoing to their table. “I may be younger than you but I’m still your-” the owner with a deep voice stopped her tracks and began to give a friendly and respectful greetings as soon as she witnessed the two strangers near Chaerin.

 

“Kekeke Sorry dongsaeng!” Chaerin snicker at her cute dongsaeng. “Oh this is Minzy” Bom and Dara greeted Minzy with her outfit filled with swag but adorable impact. And a thought invaded Dara's mind 'your? your what? your assistant? your sister? or your girlf-'. She shook her head, shoo the thoughts away and kept her composure.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! It’s nice to meet you, I’m Minzy. I hope unnie didn’t give you a hard time” Chaerin lightly slapped Minzy’s shoulder and pinched both of Miny's cheeks. Minzy retorted with a teasing laugh and pinch both of Chaerin's cheeks back as a revenge. Dara observed the two and felt a bit of jealousy because of how comfortable they are to one another. She wondered what kind of relationship they have since they seemed playful.

 

“Anyways! Thank you for the great company, I had a good time hanging out with you two. Take care Bom-unnie, Dara-unnie” Chaerin and Minzy gave a slight bow and walked away. When the two disappeared from their sight, Bom turned to Dara and casually asked.

 

“Dara-yah, do you think they’re dating?” Bom looking at Dara with a blank and innocent eyes. Dara gasped and stared back with disbelief.

 

“What?! I don’t know!” Dara felt a needle poked her heart when she heard the bitter question.

 

“Yah! Relax! I was just asking geez” Bom stood up and cleaned up her mess before she deposits her garbage in the bin. While Dara cleans her side of the table, she thought 'why am I being like this, I'm just one of her millions of admirers to her. And that invite? Chaerin just wants to thank me for today. Nothing more, nothing less.'

 

“Wait, why do you care anyways?” Dara darting a question on Bom, who looked confused and gave a shrug.

 

“You’re right? Hmm..... Anyways! It’s getting really dark and the mall is about to close soon, maybe we should go home” Bom suggested and Dara agreed. They walked home together since their house are across from each other. While taking a stroll under the gloomy sky, Bom informed Dara about her plans for the next day.

 

“Oh me and Nana are gonna go to the Nail salon tomorrow after lunch, wanna come with?” Bom staring at Dara and waited for her response. “Dara-yah! Hello?!” Bom trying to get her attention.

 

“Oh! huh? Sorry! I have plans tomorrow. Maybe next time Bommie-yah” Bom put her eyes upfront along with a concerned expression.

 

Dara became Silence’s best friend until she reached her house and the two girls go with their separate ways, and said their farewells to each other before calling it a night. After Dara had freshen up and changed into her pajamas, she then tucked herself under her thick duvet. She lied down but kept tossing and turning on her bed because she couldn’t get a grasp of what occurred awhile back. The thought of just meeting the superstar today seemed surreal. She was more than contented that she met CL or Chaerin in person. Moreover, she always saw CL, within television or her searching her up, as someone who is fierce, bold and wild. She never would’ve thought  that she had a cute and soft side to her, in which she finds it refreshing. It made her curious and have a strong desire to get to know her more, then a contradictory thought came to mind. She kept thinking that she was no more than just a fan, a nobody. Furthermore, the question that Bom brought up left a more sour taste.

 

“I’m so excited to see her again, but Chaerin who is Minzy to you?” Dara shakes her head and put her thoughts aside, and force to shut her eyes before she succumbed to her long-awaited slumber.