Two Pairs of Eyes Collide

Almond eyes

 

In front of me is a wooden door, I knocked it repeatedly but no one responds. I decided to turn the knob and walk through the open doorway. It was nothing but a mere bright empty room, although on the floor were red petals scattered everywhere. I entered the room and stopped at the center. Suddenly, I heard the door creaked closed shut behind me and I felt hands gently constricting my waist and luscious lips leaving a kiss on my shoulder, my hearts beats uncontrollably. I turned around to know who owns these mysterious and warms hands. And there I was face-to-face with these beautiful cat eyes and the brightest smile, and her hair is as black as the night but shines bright as the moon. My mouth slowly formed a smile when I realized who owns these soft pair of hands, it’s owner’s name was CL. CL cupped my face and caressed it with her thumb. While her other vacant hand gently ran through my dark brown hair and tucking a few strands behind my ear.

 

“Hi baby” CL whispered but audible for my ears to capture. At the same time, her hazel eyes looked deep into mine.

 

“Hi” I replied with the same tone while I look foolishly smiling. My eyes just wanders around her face and appreciate every detail but end up staring back at her eyes.

 

Silence filled the empty room and tension rises. As her eyes paces back and forth to my eyes and lips, she gradually closes the gap between us and I anticipated her lips onto mine. I can feel her small breath and so I close my eyes and then…

 

BANG! BANG! BANG!

 

“Dara! Wake up you’ll be late!!!” Abruptly I opened my eyes. “Dara! Are you up yet?!” my mom continues to shout through the door. I groaned as I sat up on my bed and checked the time on my bedside.


“Yeah mom im awake! Im awake!” I lazily get out of bed and looked at the wall with CL’s poster. “Ugh!! I was so close on kissing her! ! Ugh!!!”

 

I walked angrily to my bathroom and took a quick shower. Once i finished my shower and put on my clothes, I prepare my books and essential stuff for university. I head to the dining room and joined my family for breakfast.

 

“Unnie! What took you so long? You were dreaming about HER again, weren’t you?” Durami teasing her flushed unnie which gave her away, while Thunder giggles across her.

 

“Aish! Shut up! Just eat your breakfast fast or you’ll be late!” Dara exclaimed at her sister. “Neh unnie! And im guessing thats a yes kekekeke” Durami replied while giggling.

 

“Dara, are you going home after school?” her mom asks while putting food on Dara’s plate. “No, I’m gonna hang out with Bom after, we’re gonna roam around the mall today” Her mom nodded.

 

“Dara-yah! Let's go!” Dara looks outside the window and sees Bom in front of their house and waved as soon as she saw her peeking out the window. Dara gave a signal to wait and hurriedly grabs her bag and heads out. Her mom roared “Wait! You haven't finished your breakfast and don’t forget your lunch” while grabbing her lunch out of her mom’s hands and exits her warm abode. As she opens the front gate, Dara shouted “Mom! I might come home late, don't wait up!”

 

“Ok take care! And you too, Bom!” Her mother screamed from the inside of their home.

 

“Neh auntie!” Bom gives a small bow and both head off to university.

 

Dara, or Sandara Park, is a 26-year old woman is currently taking a Business Management program and in her last year. Walking beside her is Bom, her best friend since the beginning of her university life. Both are taking the same program and attends the same classes. They show up to their morning lecture and began to take down notes. Once the class came to an end, Bom noticed that Dara is just staring at the wall and doesn’t flinch despite the fact class ended.

 

“Dara-yah! You were daydreaming again in class, we’re in our last year take it seriously! You want to graduate or what?” Bom knows who Dara is daydreaming about and she knows how much Dara adores CL. Dara is even the president of CL’s fan club in her university and has been a fan of her since debut era. Bom usually let her off the hook from Dara living in her fantasy world because she knows that Dara’s happiness, is her Baby Rin. But it is Dara’s last year and Bom is worried that it might distract her from her studies.

 

“I know but I just can’t help it and that dream last night got me wondering” Bom just stares at Dara blankly.

 

“Bom you think I can end up- I mean at least meet her in person?” Dara added. Bom just shrugs to her while putting her books and notebook in her bag and then looks at Dara continuing to ponder of whether she will ever meet her idol.

 

“Do you even know where CL is?” Bom casually asking Dara and simply shaking her head.

 

“She hasn’t updated since last week, I’m getting worried, Is my Baby Rin taking care of herself? Is she getting enough sleep?” as Dara starts to pace back and forth and pinched her nose, then Bom quickly halted her by pinching her cheeks and a small shriek escaped Dara’s mouth.

 

“Come on! let's go to the mall and do some window shopping” Dara simply nodded and grabs her belongings.

 

Fast forward at the mall, they spent an hour doing scavenger hunt and was able to buy few items. “Bommie-yah, I’m tired can we rest in the food court for a bit?” Bom agreed. At the food court, both walked through the crowd and was lucky enough to find a empty table. While resting Bom found a kiosk that sells specialty corn meal. Bom widens her eyes and began to water at the sight of corn.

 

“Dara-yah, I’m just gonna check out something real quick, I’ll be right back!” Dara knew where Bom was heading and chuckled.

 

“Neh unnie, and there’s a long line-up, might as well buy me one too kekekeke” Bom nodded and left, after grabbing her wallet. Dara just observed her surroundings and strangers passed her by, while waiting for Bom. While surveying the area, she noticed someone wearing an all-black hoodie and snapback, with a face-mask on, although the person’s eyes were visible but couldn't see them clearly enough. Dara felt the person’s eyes looked familiar before, and without thinking, she stood-up and slowly approached the hooded woman. However, her path was blocked by a child, a child that dropped her stuffed rabbit and tripped in front of her and began to cry. Dara stopped and assists the child to stand-up carefully, and began to comfort the child.

“Aww please don’t cry... it’s ok” she said in a gentle tone while she rubs the child’s knees to relieve the pain. The child retorts with a sniffle and all of a sudden someone approached the child and returned the stuffed rabbit to the child.

 

“Is this yours sweetie?” the woman spoke with a hoarse but soft voice. The child looked at the stuffed rabbit and slowly hugged it. The hooded woman went to the child’s eye level and softly asked.

 

“Does the rabbit have a name?” the child looked at the woman’s half-covered face with it’s innocent gleaming eyes and replied “Tam tam”

 

“Aww what a cute name and good thing tam tam was able to come back home” while gently patting her head. Out of nowhere, the child’s mother came and carried the child while apologizing to Dara and the hooded woman for the trouble. In which, the both shook their heads and signals the mother, it was no burden at all. As the mother turned her back and walks away, carrying filled with glee. The child shoots a smile and waved goodbye to both of them. Dara can’t help but chuckle because of how cute the child was and so she waved back.

 

“You did a great job comforting the child” Dara heard the compliment coming from beside her and then shortly shakes her head.

 

“Oh no! It was nothing and thanks for helping me with the child” Dara still looking at the child.

 

“I don’t think I could help her calm her dow-” As she turned to face the hooded woman, she was able to see clearly her almond eyes. Dara grasp right away who owned those innocent and pure-looking eyes. Her heart began to pound fast, as her eyes slowly widens, and opens a little and began to stutter.

 

“C-C-CL?!”