Monday, 7:17AM

A Day in the Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun is still bleary-eyed and a little bit too sleepy when he finally gets up that morning. For the past few weeks, he and Chanyeol have reached a sort of understanding between the two of them: Chanyeol would wake up just a little bit earlier and wake Sehun up, get their little princess showered and then wake up his husband about 30 minutes later so Baekhyun could start making them breakfast while Sehunnie got dressed and ready for preschool. As he rounded the corner towards the kitchen, Baekhyun could still feel the tickle of his husband's morning kisses all over his face and despite the late hour he'd gone to sleep the previous night, he couldn't help the smile that was taking over his face. 

The Park Chanyeol effect, ladies and gents. It was magic.

Even from a good thirty paces away, he could still hear his daughter's magical giggles, no doubt a result of Chanyeol tickling Sehunnie's pudgy belly while they got ready, and Baekhyun sets off to slicing peaches for their little princess all the while listening to his family playing around in their toddler's bedroom. It takes a good while for breakfast to be ready, no matter how simple it is to make, but soon enough the entire kitchen is filled with the delicious smell of scrambled eggs cooking on the pan; Sehunnie's bowl of mixed fruits already sitting on the table in front of her booster seat, alongside the much bigger slices of fruit Baekhyun had cut for himself and Chanyeol. Coffee's already brewing in the pot, and Baekhyun has just finished mixing in some choco powder for Sehun's glass of milk when he decides to call his family over for breakfast.

Sehun's bedroom is a little bit of a mess when he walks in, toys scattered all around her carpeted floor, no doubt from the few minutes of play time she and her daddy get up to every morning before getting ready. Baekhyun picks up all of Sehunnie's dolls easily and dumps them into her toy box to make things neater, sighing longsufferingly as he picked up the discarded baby clothes strewn on the rug, tossing them into the little laundry hamper on his way to the en suite where he could hear two muffled voices.

The door swings open with an obvious creak, but it seemed like father and daughter paid no mind to their audience.

Chanyeol is standing in front of the countertop, arms carefully wrapped around his daughter as Sehun stood on the marble, facing the mirror. Both of them had serious expressions on their faces, and Baekhyun couldn't help but chuckle a little because his husband looked so much like their daughter like this. 

"Okay, Sehunnie, repeat after Daddy, okay?" Chanyeol's voice sounds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter