Friday, 6:14PM

A Day in the Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The moment Baekhyun set foot in the apartment, he knew there was something weird going on. With the smell of crayons and the sound of scribbling wafting around the house, he carefully took each step towards where he now knew the mastermind behind the whole thing was. And sure enough, as Baekhyun entered the living room, he saw two heads leaning down at the coffee table which was messily scattered with numerous piles of papers – both crumpled and stacked up in a heap – and crayons of every size and color available on the rainbow. They didn’t even bother to look up from their busy work. Sitting down on the couch behind the two, Baekhyun silently watched. “Daddy, look!” their two-year-old daughter called out, holding up the piece of paper she’d been doodling on for her father to see. On it was a well-drawn – well, for a two year old – picture of a tall man with hearts and flowers all around him.

“Is that me, baby?” Chanyeol wondered happily, putting down the gigantic pink crayon from his equally gigantic hand as he turned to his daughter with a wolfish grin. The little girl merely shook her head, scratching through her lopsided pigtail (Chanyeol’s work, no doubt).

“No, Daddy! Uncle Luhan!” she replied stubbornly, crossing her arms. Baekhyun had to laugh because Chanyeol’s eyebrow seemed to twitch in the slightest hint of disappointment. Finally, the two noticed him behind them and their daughter let out a loud, “Mommy!” as she clambered onto the sofa and into Baekhyun’s lap, hugging the shorter parent tightly and planting a big, wet kiss on his cheek while Chanyeol just sat there, still bitterly staring at the drawing.

“Oh, Chanyeol, will you just let it go?” Baekhyun sighed in exasperation at the stupid boy who continued to pout childishly. Chanyeol’s frown only became more prominent. “Jeez, just because your daughter refuses to play along with your stupidity…” you mumbled, rolling your eyes.

“Baek, don’t you think Sehunnie’s fixation with Luhan hyung is getting a bit weird?” he muttered. Baekhyun just shook his head, watching him turn back to his own drawing.

“Mommy, Mommy! Look! I drawed uncle Jongdae!” Sehun interrupted then, jumping out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter