"I do.. not"

Be My Husband

un'beta'ed


 

Baekhyun knew that he was freaking out. 

 

In a blink of an eye, their summer break had started and today was the day where Baekhyun would officially be someone’s husband. He paced around in the room, clad in the white and black suit that he had chosen for this particular day, biting on his nails in anxiousness.

Baekhyun was happy, yes. He was excited, yes. But he somehow couldn’t ignore the gnawing feeling in the pit of his stomach as he started to doubt his own decision.

 

Am I doing the right thing? Will I be happy when I am married to Chanyeol? I like Chanyeol, yes. But does he like me? He doesn’t seem like it. He has never paid attention to me before. He keeps on getting annoyed with me instead. But, I’m sure that I can make him fall for me. And sometimes he looks like he likes me too. Moreover, he’s the one that’s agreeing to this marriage. That means something, right? Oh my God, I’m going crazy with this. What should I do now? Should I call this off? But I want to marry him. Oh God, help me! I dont know what to do –

 

“...hyun!”

 

“..ekhyun!”

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

“Byun Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun stopped pacing when Kyungsoo held him by his shoulders, shaking him so that he’d become relaxed again. “You’re freaking out. Calm down, Baek.” Kyungsoo released a hold on Baekhyun’s shoulders and smoothed the frown etched on Baekhyun’s face by putting a finger in the middle of Baekhyun’s eyebrows.

 

“What are you thinking about, hm? Tell me.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo with teary eyes and a pout, suddenly feeling so stressed out with all the evil thoughts running in his head. He was grateful when Kyungsoo pulled him into his arms and rubbing his back soothingly.

 

“I.. I d-dont know.. whether t-this is.. the right t-thing.. to d-do.. o-or not..”

 

Baekhyun sobbed on Kyungsoo’s narow shoulder, but still comfortable nonetheless. Baekhyun was sure he felt Kyungsoo tensed at his question for a split moment before his bestfriend continued running his hand on Baekhyun’s back comfortingly. “Do you remember what Jongdae always said to us?”

Baekhyun pulled away from the hug with a confused stare, his mind was still fuzzy from all the thoughts earlier. He didn’t remember anything important thing that Jongdae had told them – the guy got too many words spewed out from his mouth anyway. Baekhyun watched as Kyungsoo let out a chuckle before he put a hand on Baekhyun’s chest, where his heart would be.
 

“When you’re unsure about something, do what your heart tell you to do. Even if it’s something regrettable later, you somehow would regret over something that you did, instead of regretting over something that you didn’t do.”

 

Baekhyun looked down as he remembered hearing that from Jongdae some times ago, and how he truly agreed with that. Kyungsoo cupped his cheeks and lifted his face up so that they were face to face again. “Now Byun Baekhyun, what is your heart telling you to do?”

The brunette closed his eyes and tried to search for the right answer. He was positive that he couldn’t find the right answer. However, when he closed his eyes, he could only see the picture of him and Chanyeol on the altar, smiling happily at each other. His heart was telling him that even if Chanyeol turnt out didn’t love him, or if their marriage ever failed, at least Baekhyun had tried. At least, he had tried his best to do something about his love towards Chanyeol.

Baekhyun snapped his eyes open and looked at Kyungsoo with wide eyes, shaken with what he had envisioned just now. Kyungsoo however just smiled softly, “You’ve got your answer, right?” Baekhyun felt tears b at his eyes and he nodded his head rapidly, unable to say anything. He then just lunged forward into Kyungsoo’s arms, saying thanks as he wept on Kyungsoo’s shoulder once again.

 

“There, there. Stop crying, Baek or you’d ruin your makeup.”

 

Baekhyun pulled away with a small smile, which Kyungsoo replied with his own heart-shaped smile as he wiped Baekhyun’s tears away. “Go and fix your makeup. Your ugly face needs to look beautiful on this day.” Baekhyun hit Kyungsoo slightly on his arm at the very bad joke before he walked away to fix his face once again. Well, today was his big day and Baekhyun wanted to look his best!

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s smile fell off his face as he watched Baekhyun walked away. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

 

I’m doing what my heart is telling me to, and it tells me to let you choose the man you loves, Baek. I hope I’m doing the right thing too.

 

---

 

“Wow, I don’t know you’re capable of looking handsome.”

 

Chanyeol turned to look at the door when he heard the unmelodious voice and of course, it belonged to none other than Oh Sehun. He looked with exasperated eyes towards Jongin, who was snickering at him instead of defending him from Sehun's words. He sighed and decided to just ignore the two men as he fixed his bowtie.

 

“So how do you feel, man?”

 

Chanyeol looked at Jongin who had plopped down on the bed while Sehun just came up to him to ‘help’ Chanyeol by messing up the bowtie even more. Chanyeol just let him be for the moment and turned his attention back to Jongin, “I feel nervous, actually. This is real, I’m getting married.”

He spoke the words in a breathless manner, making both Jongin and Sehun cackle at his constipated face. Sehun was now starting to fix his bowtie properly and actually helping Chanyeol to look neater. Meanwhile, Jongin had went in front of the mirror too, standing beside Chanyeol as he fixed his own hair.

 

“Why did you agree to this marriage in the first place?”

 

Jongin asked offhandedly, his hands still busy fixing his gelled up hair. Well, he was going to be Chanyeol’s best man, so he had to look perfect too. Chanyeol scrunched his eyebrows at the question, “I’ve told you guys that our mothers had arranged us to be married. That’s why.”

Sehun clicked his tongue and shook his head at Chanyeol’s answer, making the giant want to smack his head as he acted so matured while he was anything but. “We know you, Chanyeol. You wouldn’t just agree to this like that? Moreover when your brid- your groom is Byun Baekhyun, the one guy that you can’t stand at all.”

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks, hating this interrogation that his bestfriends had suddenly pulled up on him. “Well, I agreed to this because I..” like him. Chanyeol’s eyes widened slightly when he noticed what he was going to day just now. I like him? Really? I like Byun Baekhyun??

 

“You what?”

 

Chanyeol glanced at Jongin with the corner of his eyes and cleared his throat, “Because I don’t want to disappoint our mothers, that’s all. It’s not like I like Byun Baekhyun or whatsoever. Who would like him anyway? He’s a midget and he keeps on getting on my ner-“

 

“Shhh, that’s enough. Don’t say anything further, Park Chanyeol. We’ve heard that dialogues numerous times already. You can stop now.”

 

Sehun patted him on his shoulder while nodding with his sarcastic face on and Chanyeol turned to look at Jongin, only to be met with the same expression. What?? Do they think I’m joking? I don’t like Byun Baekhyun. I agree to the marriage absolutely not because of the midget. Never!

 

“Just wanna remind you that marriage is not something that you can play around with. So, please be serious about this, Yeol. I love you and Baekhyun, I don’t want any of you getting hurt.”

 

Chanyeol felt his eyes teared up at Jongin’s honest words and Sehun’s intense nods, agreeing to Jongin’s words just now. Chanyeol had always been an emotional person, so he totally couldn’t help it when he pulled both Jongin and Sehun in his tight hug, hoping that them both felt his love and gratefulness for them.

 

“Ehem, sorry for interrupting but Chanyeol needs to go in now.”

 

Their emotional scene was interrupted when Luhan smiled apologetically at them and urged Chanyeol to move his flat faster because the ceremony was going to start any minute now. The three of them scrambled off each other – because ew, hugging is so gay – and Sehun walked out of the room first to walk with Luhan, followed by Chanyeol and Jongin behind them.

 

 

When Chanyeol walked into the church, he noticed that his parents was seated closely together in their seats, alongside some of his aunties and uncles. Sehun and Luhan also had went to take their seats on the row behind Chanyeol’s parents, sitting close to each other and giggling as they whispered in each other’s ears. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes at that and turned to look at Baekhyun’s side and noticed Baekhyun’s mother, who looked cheerful and happy today – much to Chanyeol’s relief – and an even older woman beside her; Grandma Byun. There were only those two from Baekhyun’s side and Chanyeol now understood why Mrs Byun was so worried about Baekhyun if she passed away.

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he took his spot on the altar and saw that the marriage officiant was already there. Jongin was standing closely behind him and he could feel Jongin’s assuring pats on his shoulder, noticing how the taller had fidgeted too much in his spot.

Chanyeol slapped his face mentally as he tried to get himself back on track, to keep himself stay cool and calm. Why are you so worked up anyway? It’s not like it’s a real marriage. You guys would be married just on papers and in front of these people, that’s it! So stay cool, Park!

 

---

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but to fidget on his feet, his hands clammy and his heart beating fast. He and Kyungsoo were now standing in front of the church door, which would be opened any moment from now on. Baekhyun jumped slightly when Kyungsoo suddenly took hold of his hand and guided his hand to wrap it around Kyungsoo’s arm. Kyungsoo smiled at him and rubbed his cheek with his thumb, “You’ll be fine, Baek. Don’t worry.” Baekhyun could only nod once at Kyungsoo when suddenly the door opened, red carpet now visible to Baekhyun’s eyes. He instictively tightened his hold on Kyungsoo’s arm, which the latter just patted his hand reassuringly.

Baekhyun looked down as he could feel his heart almost jumping out of his chest and Kyungsoo had to drag him so he stepped through the door. Kyungsoo leaned down to peer at Baekhyun’s face and offered the brunette a soft smile. “Look up, Baek. This is your day.”

The small male looked up slowly and replied Kyungsoo with a shaky smile of his own. Kyungsoo leaned away from Baekhyun’s face and only then Baekhyun could take in his surrounding; looking at the small amount of guests before his eyes finally landed on where he was heading to.

Baekhyun gasped softly when his gaze fell on his groom, the one guy that was waiting for him on the altar. Baekhyun felt like his soul had left his body for a while when he took in Chanyeol’s tall self clad in the black wedding suit, with white lines that made the suit more stunning. And with Chanyeol wearing it, the more mesmerizing the sight was.

With every steps that he took, Baekhyun was sure that his heart beat increased. Without him realising it, there were three more steps before he reached the altar and of course, in just a second, he was there - in front of the man that he’s going to get married with.

Kyungsoo slowly peeled off Baekhyun’s tight hold on his arm and he held Baekhyun’s pretty hand in his, offering the said hand to the giant. Kyungsoo put Baekhyun’s hand in Chanyeol’s big one, but not before he whispered a firm ‘Remember my warning, Park’ to the groom.

 

---

 

Chanyeol’s head was snapped towards the door when someone opened it, and there stood Byun Baekhyun with his hand wrapped aroud Kyungsoo’s arm. Chanyeol’s breath hitched in his throat when he saw Baekhyun in his white suit, looking so pure, so beautiful, so angelic. The light that bathed on him made the guy looked even more stunning and breathtaking, his brown hair looking so soft in the light and Chanyeol just wanted to touch them, to feel the softness of the threads in between his fingers.

Chanyeol gulped when he felt his throat became parched at the sight of Byun Baekhyun. He his sudden dry lips and he could feel his hands became clammy with sweat, complete with a sweat rolling down his temple. He was left unblinking when Baekhyun finally reached the altar and his hand was now offered to Chanyeol by Kyungsoo.

The tall giant reached out his hand and his inside nearly melted at how soft Baekhyun’s hand felt but he was cut off when Kyungsoo’s face came into his sight, reminding him about the threat that he had warned Chanyeol before.

 

Of course I remember that. And sorry small guy, I wouldnt let him shed even a single tear from me and you dont have to worry about taking him away from me.

 

Kyungsoo backed off as he gave Baekhyun’s hand to Chanyeol and stood behind Baekhyun quietly, watching as Baekhyun stepped onto the altar. Chanyeol gazed at Baekhyun with his heart thumping loudly in his chest that he was afraid that others would hear him but when Baekhyun offered a small and a shaky smile towards him, he knew that he was not the only one being nervous over this wedding.

Chanyeol snapped out of Byun Baekhyun’s spell when the marriage officiant cleared his throat. Chanyeol tried to pull his hand away but Baekhyun just held tigther onto it, making it impossible for Chanyeol to pull away. Baekhyun’s smile had now widened, like he had a newfound energy in him as he turned to the marriage officiant. Chanyeol just looked at him and turned to look at the officiant too, willing the thumpings in his heart to go and also reminding himself that this was all just an act in front of their parents.

 

“Thank you to all of you, as we are now present here in this important day. An important day that we call it as a celebration. A celebration of love, of commitment, of friendship, of family, and of two people who are in it for forever.”

 

Chanyeol gulped as he heard the officiant starting the ceremony and he unconsciously squeezing Baekhyun’s hand, asking for support. He somehow felt calmer when Baekhyun’s cold hand squeezed back, as a sign to stay calm and that nothing would happen. After saying some more things that Chanyeol definitely didnt pay attention to, the officiant now turned to look at Baekhyun and smiled before he asked the petite male.

 

“Do you, Byun Baekhyun, take Park Chanyeol, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you apart?”

 

Chanyeol couldnt help but to glance at Baekhyun and he was taken aback when he saw Baekhyun was already facing him, gazing up to him with (maybe Chanyeol imagined it, but) stars in his eyes. Like Chanyeol meant a lot to him.

 

“I do.”

 

Chanyeol gulped as Baekhyun said the words without a sweat, instead his gaze was sincere and he looked so beautiful like that, making Chanyeol’s heart doing sommersault in his chest and the animals in his stomach now was doing ruckus.

 

“Do you, Park Chanyeol, take Byun Baekhyun, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you apart?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes fleeted towards the guests and saw his parents smiling faces and Mrs Byun’s soft smile, looking at him with so much gratefulness in their eyes for accepting to doing this. Chanyeol’s gaze fell on Kyungsoo and he swore he saw a hint of sadness in his eyes but Chanyeol couldn’t find himself to feel sorry for the boy. His eyes finally fell on Baekhyun and he saw that those eyes were shaking, filled with insecurities and doubt. Only then Chanyeol realised that he had taken too much time to answer, so with a squeeze to Baekhyun’s hand, he nodded.

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

Jongin walked up to Chanyeol and passed him the ring – a wedding band specifically for men; which was silver at the outerline while there’s black in the middle – which Chanyeol had chosen after getting Baekhyun’s finger size from his mother. He didn’t know why but the first time he saw the ring, he could imagine it on Baekhyun’s dainty finger so he chose it without a doubt.

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he slid the ring onto Baekhyun’s left ring finger and he felt somewhat proud when he heard Baekhyun gasped at the sight of the ring. Baekhyun took the ring offered to him by Kyungsoo and with a smile, he slid the ring onto Chanyeol’s finger. Chanyeol now knew the reason why Baekhyun had gasped before because not only the ring fit perfectly on his finger, but also because of the resemblance of the ring to each other, almost like they had bought it together when they didn’t.

 

Chanyeol didn’t even try to cover his smile afterwards.

 

 

 

 

 

“You are now pronounced as husband and husband. You may kiss your groom now.”

 

Crap !! I forgot about this !! How can I forget that I need to kiss him??? What should I do now?! Oh my, what to do? What to do???

 

Chanyeol’s smile fell off his face as he was so close to losing his mind. Still freaking out in his mind, he failed to notice that Baekhyun had stepped closer to him, a shy (or more like a naughty) smile appeared on his face as he set his determined gaze on Chanyeol. Without further ado, Baekhyun supported himself with his hands on Chanyeol’s shoulders and tip toed to slant his thin lips on Chanyeol’s thick ones, making Chanyeol stagger back in shock.

Chanyeol’s eyes were wide as Baekhyun was kissing him. He couldnt think of anything as his sight was now filled with Baekhyun, his usual strawberry scent kept on invading Chanyeol’s nose and suddenly, everything else just faded into the background and Baekhyun was that what mattered.

Baekhyun closed his eyes as he nibbled softly on Chanyeol’s lower lip, sighing softly at the soft but slightly chapped texture of Chanyeol’s lips. He smiled slightly into the kiss when he felt Chanyeol slowly responding to his kiss, moving his lips alongside Baekhyun’s and Baekhyun nearly squealed out loud when Chanyeol’s hand slipped around his waist to pull him closer.

Chanyeol however snapped his eyes open when he heard applause from people that were there and he quickly pulled away from the kiss, distancing himself from Baekhyun a bit. He himself didnt realise that he had responded to the kiss and that he had actually pulled the brunette closer to him. He watched as Baekhyun slowly opened his droopy eyes – which were now line with kohl – and the smaller smiled brightly at the giant.

 

“We’re now husbands. Isn’t it great, Yoda?”

 

Baekhyun giggled as he pulled at Chanyeol’s reddening ears slightly, making the yoda scowl at him. But, Baekhyun saw how fast Chanyeol changed his expression into a neutral one, probably remembering that everyone was watching them. Knowing that the giant couldn’t do anything to him right now, Baekhyun leant closer and pecked Chanyeol on his lips once again, winking playfully at the giant when the frown in Chanyeol’s face deepened.

 

Though Baekhyun could tell that Chanyeol enjoyed it, since his ears were now in a very bright red.

 

And if that’s not the cutest thing ever, Baekhyun didn’t know what was.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo averted his eyes away when the officiant announced for the newly wed to kiss each other. He thought that he could go through this, but the aching pain in his chest had proven his otherwise. His gaze however stopped on Jongin, who already had been staring at him with the same knowing look, like he had known the one secret that Kyungsoo didn't plan on anyone knowing. 

But the look was suddenly gone, now replaced with a flirty smirk on the tanned man's face as he mouthed a 'It'll be us next' with a wink to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's already big eyes widened and he felt his heart skip a beat, so he quickly looked down, choosing to stare at his own feet rather than looking at the newly wed or Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo however still could hear his loud heartbeats in his ears, even after he's not looking at the dancer anymore. 

 

---

 

“Since you guys don’t want to hold a reception, mom, dad and eomma have decided to give you guys a gift.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked up from their food to look at their parents, who were smiling brightly at them. They were now in a restaurant, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun and Luhan were also present as they had a celebratory dinner for the newly wed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other and shrugged, not having an idea what the gift would be.

 

“Here, take this.”

 

Chanyeol looked at the bunch of keys in his father’s outstretched hand and he squinted his eyes at that. He couldn’t figure out what the keys were for but they totally were not car keys. He glanced at Baekhyun and saw the midget also looking at the keys curiously.

 

“Why do the keys look like house keys?”

 

Chanyeol snapped his head at Sehun when the blonde guy spoke his thought out loud and Chanyeol’s eyebrows shot up to his fringe, “House keys?” Baekhyun was also coughing on his food at what Sehun had said, Kyungsoo helping rubbing the brunette’s back to soothe his coughs.

 

“Yes, Sehun. These are house keys. Take it, bud. We’re gifting a house to both of you, as a wedding gift.”

 

Chanyeol blinked in daze and his father chuckled at him, before leaning over and took Chanyeol’s big hand in his and dumped the key in the giant’s hand. Baekhyun could only stare with wide eyes at the unexpected gift and looked at his own mother.

 

“Does this mean I need to live alone with Chanyeol in the new house?”

 

His question had managed to pull out big laughs from the elderlies and his friends there. Baekhyun pouted when he was laughed at and seeing his pout, his mother stopped laughing and smiled softly instead. “Yes, Baekhyunnie. You are married to Chanyeol, of course you guys have to live together.”

 

Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol stiffen from beside him and he pitied the man but he had something more important in his mind right now. “So, I have to move out of our house? Eomma, how can I leave you alone?”

Mrs Byun smiled at Baekhyun’s whine but Baekhyun noticed that it was a sad smile, though his mother quickly concealed the sadness in her eyes. “Baekkie, you know eomma is always outstation and I often left you alone before. It’s the same, Baekkie. Don’t worry, I’m a big girl and I can manage.”

Baekhyun opened his mouth to protest but Mrs Park had beat him to it. “And you can always go back to your mother, Baekhyun-ah. The house is not that far from your old house anyway.” Mrs Park held up a hand like she was swearing, “And I promise to always take care of your mother. Now that you guys are married, we can have lots of times to ourselves. We can go shopping and do things that ladies like to do. Don’t worry.”

 

“Oh, great. Now I’m going to be neglected. Sigh, who will pity this old man now?”

 

Mr Park dramatically sighed and made a sad and pitiful face, earning him a pinch from Mrs Park. That made the whole table laughed as they watched the old but still sweet couple joking with each other like that. Baekhyun turned to look at his laughing mother and watched her closely, hoping that she’d be okay even when Baekhyun didn’t live with her anymore.

As she sensed someone was staring at him, Mrs Byun turned to look at Baekhyun too and smiled at him. She reached out to hold Baekhyun’s hand in hers and Baekhyun was sure his eyes brimmed in tears at that gesture. Mrs Byun took in Baekhyun’s features, noticing how he looked happy with the marriage though it was an arranged marriage. But she put a huge trust on Chanyeol, and she knew that she had made the right choice.

 

This way, you wouldn't see me suffer, Baekhyun-ah. Stay happy like this always, my baby. I love you.

 

--

 

Baekhyun’s mouth was wide agape, gasping in amazement at the double-storey house in front of him. The two of them were now alone, as they parted ways with their parents and friends back at the restaurant. “You guys need privacy, anyway,” Sehun had said that with a very suggestive wink at them, which only made Baekhyun blushing in deep red while Chanyeol just groaned low in his throat. As Sehun and his (very beautiful and pretty and Baekhyun just wants to run his fingers on that boy’s soft and pretty face) boyfriend went on their way home, Baekhyun took notice on how Jongin had volunteered to send Kyungsoo home too.

Baekhyun squealed internally at that and remembered when Jongin had given the rose to Kyungsoo back at the showcase. I’m shipping them hard OMG!!!! Kyungsoo really scores himself a very handsome man, lucky him!!! He kept on smiling as he look at the house compound, waiting for Chanyeol to open the door – which wasnt very hard to do but the giant was still trying to find out which one was the key to the front door. Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol’s car was already parked there and he nodded, remembering that Mr Par- dad had gotten the house fully-furnished and all of Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s things were already moved to the house.

 

“Are you going to keep standing and smiling like an idiot there?”

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his reverie and jutted his bottom lip at Chanyeol’s words before following the yoda into the house. Maybe he was too spent by today’s event that Chanyeol just went straight to the couch in the living room and threw his jacket on the coffee table before lying down and taking a short nap. Baekhyun just shook his head at that and he took away Chanyeol’s suit jacket and decided to take around the house first.

He went to the laundry room and dumped Chanyeol’s and also his jacket in the washer before going to the kitchen, nodding his head in satisfaction at the sight. He opened the fridge and frowned when it was empty aside from few water bottles and healthy things that Baekhyun didn't like at all, so he made a mental note to drag Chanyeol out for grocery shopping later on. There were a basket of fruits, some ramen and other things in the cupboard, so he thought that it should be fine with them in the moment.

He then went upstairs and took note that there were three rooms up there. He opened the first door to his left and saw there were around five to six boxes with Chanyeol’s name plastered on them and there were also a keyboard and two guitars – some music equipments that obviously belonged to Chanyeol. He shut the door softly and went to the room across it, and there were boxes of his things in there. He peekd inside some of the boxes and nodded when most of his things were there, knowing that maybe his mother had settled his things to be moved to the house.

There was a bathroom at the end of the hallway but Baekhyun ignored it and went straight to the last room on his right, letting out an amazed gasp when he was met with a very big room – obviously the master bedroom – and he went to plop down on the king sized bed, jumping up and down just to play around alone. He was mesmerized once again when he saw the walk-in closet (because Baekhyun never had one) and he walked in there, pursing his lips when he saw that his clothes were already arranged on the left side, and Chanyeol’s were on the right side.

Now that he had done looking around, he finally felt his body sticky and stink from all the event today so he grabbed his pajama pants with a shirt and all his shower necessities before going into the bathroom in the bedroom. Feeling fresh that he had taken a quick shower, he stepped out of the bathroom and wanted to go down to wake Chanyeol up but he didn’t need to do that when Chanyeol was already lying there on the bed, looking so tired and spent.

 

“Hey, yoda.”

 

Baekhyun playfully called out to the sleeping man but he blinked when Chanyeol suddenly growled out loud. “Stop calling me that!” Chanyeol sat up and glared at Baekhyun with his bleary eyes. Baekhyun didn't even mind the bitter tone instead he bit his lips to hold in his squeals because OMG Park Chanyeol looks so adorable with his red eyes and messy bed hair. Is this how my morning would start every ing single day??? OMG I feel so blessed!!

 

"But, why? Your ears are so cute, they make you look like Yoda."

 

Baekhyun crooned as he walked to the dresser at the corner of the room and took the hairdryer to dry up his hair. Chanyeol just watched with squinted eyes, hating that he now needed to deal with Byun Baekhyun everyday. He gritted through his clenched teeth,

 

"I. Hate. That! Just stop it!"

 

Baekhyun put down the hairdryer and turned to look at Chanyeol with a pout. "B-But, your ears are the cutest. I like them the most." He stretched his hands apart as wide as he could as he nodded rapidly, wanting to show Chanyeol how much he liked the yoda ears.

 

"Ugh whatever, just get out of my room." Chanyeol groaned out as he walked in the walk-in closet, wanting to take a quick shower too. He was feeling icky all over and he just wanted to sleep the day off, but Byun Baekhyun was making it hard for him.

 

"Um, if you don't remember, we're husbands now." Baekhyun shouted from his spot at the dresser chair, tapping his feet on the tiles as he waited for Chanyeol to walk out of the closet. Why is yoda asking me to go out? This is my room too.

 

Chanyeol emerged from the closet with his clothes in his hands and a towel slung on his shoulder. "So what? I don't care. Just get out from my room." Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol incredulously when he heard the words so he answered back. 

 

"We are husbands. We should sleep together." 

 

"Argh, I don't give a about that. Just get out!"

 

Chanyeol ruffled his hair because he was now feeling something weird bubbling in the pit of his stomach at Baekhyun's words and he disliked it. It was not helping that Baekhyun looked so cute ridiculous in his pajama, looking up at Chanyeol from the dresser chair. 

 

Baekhyun sighed at that and he got up, walking up to Chanyeol who instinctively stepped back a little. When he was in front of Chanyeol, Baekhyun shook his head a bit, looking a little remorseful. "Are your ears not working? I said that we're husbands and we should sleep together. So technically, this is my room too." Baekhyun opened his arms wide, motioning to the spacious room.

 

"Arghhh! Just do whatever you want, I don't want to care anymore!" Chanyeol thrashed his long arms as he said that, frustrated at this nonsense talk. Baekhyun could just go and sleep in other rooms, what's so hard in doing that anyway? He pushed the smaller guy aside with just a hand, wanting to go to the bathroom and take his deserved shower. But, his steps were stopped when Baekhyun pulled on his sleeve, making Chanyeol turn to look at the guy who didn't even reach his ears. 

 

"I can do whatever I want? Oh, I can kiss you then?" Baekhyun tilted his head cutely and smirking slyly, laughing internally when he saw Chanyeol's eyes widened in shock.

 

Chanyeol spluttered in shock and he quickly tugged his hand out of Baekhyun's hold and went to push the smaller out of the room. Baekhyun tried his hard to stand his ground but of course, his strength was not to be competed with Chanyeol - though he actually could just do his hapkido skills on the giant, but that's for another time. Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun with all his might and when he succeeded in getting the midget out of the room, he slammed the door shut hard and locked it with a satisfying click. 

Baekhyun banged on the door when he heard Chanyeol locking it, "Yah Park Chanyeol, open the door! Yoda, open up this instant!!! Chanyeol!!" Chanyeol smirked hearing the angry voice of Byun Baekhyun. Well, it was not always Chanyeol could get on Baekhyun's nerves anyway. He swiped his thumb on his nose in a cocky way before he turned and whistled on his way to the bathroom. 

 

"Chanyeol, Yoda, Giant or whatever it is, the other rooms dont have beds! Chanyeol, open up! I dont have any place to sleep!"

 

Chanyeol stopped in his track and pursed his lips at Baekhyun's words, but he just shrugged it off and shouted a loud 'Whatever, I don't care!' before he gleefully made his way into the bathroom and having his refreshing shower. Ah, it's so nice to not have Baekhyun nearby for a while.

 

 

Baekhyun groaned as he continued his knockings on the door, hoping that Chanyeol would come and open it soon. He squinted his eyes in annoyance when he heard the shower running and Chanyeol's humming off tune to songs that Baekhyun himself couldn't figure out. He slid down the door with irritated huffs, his legs stretched out in front of him and his hands limped by his side. The fatigue from today's events had caught up on him, making him yawning wide. He rubbed his eyes and sighed - he could just go down and plop down on the couch but he was too lazy now to even get up. Without him realizing, his eyes had become droopy with sleepiness and in no time, he had drifted off to his wonderland. 

 

---

 

Chanyeol thrashed around in his sleep, turning right and left to find the most comfortable position to sleep in but he just couldn't sleep. He had went to bed right after he went out of the shower, feeling too tired to do anything else. He didn't hear Baekhyun knocking on the door anymore so he thought that maybe the midget had went to sleep in other rooms. However, he remembered Baekhyun shouting just now that there were no other beds in the house, so he just guessed that the smaller had went downstairs to sleep on the couch or something. 

Chanyeol tucked his hands under his head as he closed his eyes to sleep but to no avail. He glanced at the clock on the nightstand and groaned when it showed him 2:24 in the morning. He let out a low grumble in his throat when he was sure that he'd get eyebags the next day because of this. Chanyeol suddenly shot up in his bed when he heard whines and whimpers coming in from outside of the bedroom door and he blinked as unpleasant scenarios came across his mind.

 

Could it be ghosts? But why does it sound like puppy's sounds? Do we have stray dogs here? But how can it come into the house? 

 

With his heart thumping loudly in his chest, Chanyeol threw the cover off him and stepped down from the bed, slowly making his way to the door with careful steps in the dark. He opened the door, squinting his eyes from the sudden flood of light coming into his eyes as the lamps in the hallway were still open. His attention was again caught with the sound of whimpers so he looked down, expecting to see any puppy. Chanyeol however was shocked when he saw Baekhyun curling up on the floor, sleeping with his hands tucked under his head and looking so uncomfortable like that.

Chanyeol gasped in surprise and he squatted down, shaking the male so that he woke up. "Yah, Byun Baekhyun. What are you doing sleeping here? Wake up, midget. Yah!" But of course, Chanyeol had forever known that Baekhyun wouldn't budge once he got to sleep so he sighed, not knowing what to do. He was snapped out of his thinkings when Baekhyun once again let out a whine, moving around in his sleep with a deep frown in his face.

Throwing away all his thoughts away, Chanyeol did the one thing that he thought he should have done; which was lifting up the smaller male into his arms and brought the male to the bed, putting him off slowly on the bed and sighed in relief when the frown on Baekhyun's face now had gone, replaced with a small smile instead. 

Chanyeol watched the guy sleep with narrowed eyes as he now debated whether to go downstairs to sleep or he could just crash in on the bed next to Baekhyun. He didn't want to torture his back by sleeping on the couch but he also didn't want to sleep next to Baekhyun because yeah, he just didn't want to. But when a yawn escaped his mouth and his mind was now becoming fuzzy with drowsiness, he just shrugged everything off and took his spot on the bed, sleeping with back turned to Baekhyun and being as far as he could without touching the midget.

The tall giant almost drifted to his sleep but he was woken up when he felt a sharp pain jolted up his spine and he almost cursed out loud. He turned to look at Baekhyun and wanted to shout to the male but before he could, Baekhyun had once again kicked him straight at Chanyeol's gut with his eyes closed, obviously still sleeping. Chanyeol coughed a bit from the hard kick to his stomach and he glared at the small male, who could stay sleeping with a small smile on his face through the whole thing.

 

And he even has the nerve to smile!!! Damn you, Byun Baekhyun! 

 

Chanyeol dodged the kicks and punches that came his way for a while before he got totally frustrated and annoyed and just hoped that Baekhyun would roll off the bed or whatsoever. Seeing that the midget wouldn't stop, Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's small wrists and trapped the smaller's legs in between his, unknowingly pulling Baekhyun in his arms so that they were now were almost cuddling. He smiled when he had effectively trapping the male in his arms, making all the punches and kicks stopped just like that. He heard Baekhyun letting out soft snores, sounding like he was sleeping oh so contently and that strangely made Chanyeol felt relaxed too. 

 

Without Chanyeol realising, he had fallen into a very deep sleep - the best sleep that he had ever had in his whole 21 years of living.

 

---

 

Baekhyun woke up with a start as he felt that it was being extremely warm in this particular morning and he couldn't help but to snuggle closer to the soft and warm chest that he's been sleeping on. 

 

Wait, what? Soft and warm chest?

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes only to be met with a soft blue coloured clothes and he blinked in a daze, thinking what could it be. He put his hand on the heaving chest and pushed himself off a bit from the chest, blushing when he was met with Chanyeol's sleeping face - his eyes weren't close properly, his mouth was opened slightly and there was even some drool at the corner of his lips but he didn't even look gross. In fact, Chanyeol looked so peaceful and so young like this, without the frown he had always given to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun couldn't help it when he brought a hand to Chanyeol's cheek and traced his finger down to his jaw, grazing his plump lips in trance. Park Chanyeol was so handsome and also beautiful - Baekhyun couldn't believe it that he got to see the male that he had been crushing on this close and that the male was now his husband. He could feel his heart beating loudly - falling in love over and over again with Park Chanyeol, and Baekhyun was not even complaining.

He shrieked in surprise when Chanyeol suddenly let out a groan, seemiling woken up by Baekhyun's caresses. Not knowing what to do, Baekhyun just put back his face down on Chanyeol's chest and pretended to be sleeping, hoping that Chanyeol would feel too groggy to notice his obviously failed acts.

Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol grunted softly, the vibration in his chest left Baekhyun felt tingling all over. The taller moved around slightly but Baekhyun could feel him stiffen up, maybe finally noticing that Baekhyun’s head was on his chest. Baekhyun waited with bated breath, nervous and slightly curious on how the giant would react to their intimate position.

The brunette almost shot his eyes opened in shock when he suddenly felt Chanyeol sniffing on his hair softly. Baekhyun was not sure whether he’s dreaming or what but he couldnt have been mistaken when he felt the giant nosing on his hair for a fleeting moment before carefully pushing Baekhyun off of his chest. Baekhyun pretended to move around in his sleep and turned so that his back was turned to Chanyeol because he was sure that his face was in a very bright red right now and he couldnt control his heart, which was beating crazily like he had run for a thousand miles.

The small male closed his eyes tightly as he felt Chanyeol getting off the bed and hearing the soft footsteps of Chanyeol going into the walk in closet, maybe to take his clothes with him. When the bathroom door clicked shut and the water started running, only then Baekhyun released a huge sigh with both of his hands clutching on his pounding chest. He rolled on his back and stared at the ceiling in a daze, still thinking what had happened just now.

Baekhyun was sure that he wasnt dreaming. Heck, he still could feel Chanyeol’s nose on his hair and he was one thousand percent sure that Park Chanyeol was sniffling him just now! He brought a hand to the spot where Chanyeol had been nosing onto before and his mouth suddenly widened in a very broad smile when it dawned onto him that Chanyeol had iniated a contact with him.

 

On. His. Own!!

 

Baekhyun pulled the comforter to cover his blushing face and he bit his lips to contain his squeals. But it happened to be the most difficult thing because right in the next second, he had rolled around in his bed, rolling himself into a big burrito and kicking his legs in the air while his hands squeezing the poor comforter in his hands tightly.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

The sudden deep voice had caught Baekhyun off guard and as he was now at the very edge of the bed, he fell down the bed unceremoniously, his whole body got tangled in the comforter. A loud groan was heard from the brunette as his felt numb from the fall. He heard Chanyeol snicker at him so he peeked at the giant through the comforter, only his eyes visible to Chanyeol. Baekhyun gulped when he saw Chanyeol's drying his dripping wet hair with the towel slung on his neck, only clad in a knee-length short and a black wifebeater, flaunting his guns at Baekhyun. 

 

Chanyeol was looking at him with an amused look before he chuckled once again, "I'm going down to have my breakfast. You.. just continue with whatever morning ritual that you have."

 

Baekhyun whimpered in embarrassment when Chanyeol left him there, shaking his head with a laugh at the brunette.

 

---

 

Baekhyun just settled in a short shorts and a big dark blue shirt that fell to his thighs, which he had snagged from Chanyeol's part in the closet. Well, it was getting hotter as times passed by and Chanyeol's shirts were so big that it wouldn't get Baekhyun hot at all. He skipped down the stairs and stopped at the kitchen door when he was met with a very beautiful sight, a sight that he wouldn't mind seeing everyday.

Chanyeol was cooking, his back turned to Baekhyun and the small man was having the time of his life watching the muscles on Chanyeol's back flexed with every moves he made. A very hot male cooking was everyone's weakness, dont even try to deny it!

 

Chanyeol had just done putting his pancake in the plate and turned around to put the plate on the table when his eyes caught the milky white legs at the kitchen door. He blinked several times before he trailed his eyes up to the hairless legs and up to the thick thighs and he almost whined when it ended under the shirt on the said thighs. Chanyeol snapped out his trance and he snapped his eyes up, looking at Baekhyun who had also been staring at him. 

Feeling himself blush because he was caught staring, Chanyeol cleared his throat and pulled out a chair under the table and sat himself down. But, he looked at Baekhyun again when he noticed sommething weird on the brunette; namely the big shirt that he was too familiar with. "Is that my shirt?" Chanyeol squinted his eyes as Baekhyun came and sat across him, blinking innocently at him. "I don't know, I found it in the closet so I just wear it."

Baekhyun shrugged once, acting nonchalant before he decided to change the topic. "What're we having for breakfast?" Chanyeol was putting the syrup on the pancake and he looked up at Baekhyun with raised eyebrows at his question. "am having pancake, I don't know about you though." Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't. He thought Chanyeol would cook for him too but that totally was not the case so he just glanced at the stack of pancakes in Chanyeol's plate with a pout. 

Chanyeol watched as the smaller looked at his pancakes with a sad face before Baekhyun got up and dragged his legs towards the cupboard, retrieving a bowl and searching for things that Chanyeol himself didnt know. Chanyeol scrunched his eyebrows, "What are you searching for? I put the pancake mix there, you can just cook it on your own."

The taller watched as Baekhyun finally pulled out a box of cereal and pour it in the bowl before coming to sit at the table again, suddenly looking so down and being so quiet. Chanyeol wanted to ignore him but the constant glancing from Baekhyun at his plate made him feel annoyed. He leaned forward and narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun. “Why don’t you just go and make your own if you want it so bad?” Baekhyun pursed his lips at Chanyeol’s question and averted his gaze away from Chanyeol’s, not really wanting to answer that.

 

I cant just say that I cant cook to him. He’d think I’m a lame person and he’d surely laugh at me !!

 

Chanyeol observed Baekhyun fidgeting in his seat while playing with his food and suddenly, Chanyeol could see what this was all about. He smirked and leaned even closer over the table, making Baekhyun leant backwards in his seat. “Don’t tell me... you actually cant cook?”

 

When he saw Baekhyun’s cheeks pinked and his ears reddened at his question, he got his answer right away. He bit his lips to hold in his laughter and decided to just sit back and eat his pancakes, purposely humming and at the sweet taste of the syrup. Baekhyun pouted at that and sent Chanyeol a deathly glare, though the giant weren’t affected even the least. He watched as Chanyeol got up when he was done eating and brought his plate to the sink. Baekhyun just sighed and continued eating the cereal because well, it's better than nothing.

Baekhyun however jumped a bit when suddenly a plate filled with stacks of pancakes and bathed with syrup was put in front of him. He looked up and saw that Chanyeol was raising his eyebrows at him with his arms crossed on his chest. “Leave the cooking to me since I dont want this house to burn into flames just because of your clumsiness. But, you’ll do the dishes after.”

The brunette was so touched with Chanyeol’s gesture that he could feel his eyes b with tears but before he could say anything, Chanyeol had walked away, saying that he would be in the room where his things were at to start arranging them. “Thank you, yoda!” Baekhyun shouted and he heard a faraway grunt coming from Chanyeol, so he just grinned and dove in the pancakes, feeling happy again.

 

---

 

Baekhyun clapped his hands in satisfaction as he glanced around the room, where he had arranged all of his things there. They had come to a silent agreement that this would be Baekhyun’s personal room, where he could do his assignments and any other things that he wanted, his piano was also there for him to use and all of his favourite books were there, arranged properly on the shelf. He glanced at the watch and his eyes widened when he saw that it was almost four in the evening. No wonder his stomach had kept on grumbling since hours ago.

Remembering that the cooking would be Chanyeol’s work, he went out of his room and went across it, to Chanyeol’s room. He opened the door ajar slightly and peeked inside, seeing that Chanyeol had just pushed the last box to the side before standing up straight and stretching his aching body. Baekhyun was sure then that the giant had done arranging his things so he knocked on the door three times before he opened it.

Baekhyun was amazed when he saw that the room now had almost turned into a private studio; Chanyeol’s keyboard and guitars lined up at the right side and his computers, which Baekhyun assumed were used to compose songs were also arranged nicely on a desk. Baekhyun could see that there was a tall shelf filled with figurines at the corner of the room and he gasped in amazement.

 

“Done checking out my room?”

 

Baekhyun snapped his head to Chanyeol and chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his nape. He then remembered his intention coming to Chanyeol so he didn’t want to waste any time anymore. He needed food and he needed it right now. “Chanyeol-ah, I’m hungry.” Right after he said that, his stomach let out a loud grumble, as if to emphasize his words so Baekhyun just grinned widely at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol sighed at that and walked past Baekhyun to go out of the room and made his way straight to the kitchen, Baekhyun following closely like a puppy behind him. Chanyeol went to the fridge to look for ingredients to cook something while Baekhyun sat on the stool at the kitchen counter, swinging his legs back and forth as he watched Chanyeol.

Chanyeol frowned when there was nothing that he could use to cook as the fridge didn’t really contain anything except from water bottles and some vitamins and other things. “There’s nothing for me to cook.” Chanyeol sighed as he closed the fridge and turned back to look at Baekhyun, who was now pouting.

 

“Let’s go grocery shopping then. We can order takeouts but we still need to eat tomorrow. So, to make things easier, let’s just eat out and do some grocery shopping today.”

 

Baekhyun batted his eyelashes cutely at Chanyeol, waiting for the taller’s agreement. Chanyeol grunted as he was not fond of going out to do grocery shopping, moreover when the weather was so hot like that. Besides, it was always the maid or sometimes his mother that did the shopping, why should he do it now?

 

He looked at Baekhyun with furrowed eyebrows, “Aren’t you like the bride or the wife or the bottom or something.. shouldn’t you be the one to go and do the grocery shopping?”

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun looked at him with a raised eyebrow, looking like he was slightly amused with what Chanyeol had said just now. Baekhyun suddenly hopped off the stool and walked around the counter to go to Chanyeol, the expression on his face was something that Chanyeol couldn’t describe. Chanyeol stepped back when Baekhyun kept on advancing to him but he was stopped when his back met with the fridge, resulting in no way out for him. Baekhyun was now just an inch away from Chanyeol, looking up at Chanyeol through his lashes, making Chanyeol gulped hard at that.

Baekhyun smirked when he saw how dumbfounded Chanyeol was and he slammed his left hand on the fridge, just beside Chanyeol’s head as he leant closer to the male. He right hand came up and started to trace random patterns on Chanyeol’s chest, feeling how loud Chanyeol’s heartbeat was being right now.

 

“What did you say? Bride? Wife? Bottom?” Baekhyun asked with a tilt of his head, his voice was not more above than a whisper, looking at Chanyeol straight into his eyes. “I.. I.. d-didnt..” Chanyeol was stuttering as he tried to find words to answer Baekhyun, but of course he couldnt when his mind was fuzzy and bleary with the closeness of Baekhyun and the strawberry scent that was flooding his sense.

 

“Shh, don’t need to answer that.”

 

Baekhyun put his index finger on Chanyeol’s lips, secretly liking how soft the other’s lips felt under his touch. Baekhyun couldn’t help but to trace his thumb on Chanyeol’s lower lip, his eyes following the movement of his finger in trance. He looked up again at Chanyeol’s eyes, seeing how his husband’s wider ones were shaking and wavering.

 

“How do you even sure that I’m the bottom when we haven’t even slept together? Are you sure that I won’t be the one to..” Baekhyun glanced down at the direction of their hips before focusing his eyes on Chanyeol again, “..you know, to put it into you?”

 

A hiccup suddenly left out Chanyeol’s mouth at Baekhyun’s question and that got Baekhyun letting out a very loud laugh. He pulled away, finally giving Chanyeol a chance to breathe as he grinned up to Chanyeol when he was done laughing. “I’m just joking, Yoda.” Baekhyun sing-songed as he patted Chanyeol on the cheek and he skipped his way out of the kitchen. “Get yourself ready and let’s go shopping!”

 

Chanyeol felt his knees buckle at the tension, making his slide down the fridge and sitting on the floor with his chest heaving. He clutched at his heart and shut his eyes tightly, still trying to regain his sense back because Byun ing Baekhyun had successfully making him lose his mind for a moment there. And it was really not helping it when Chanyeol looked down at his lap and saw the slight tent in his shorts when he remembered Baekhyun’s gaze and voice from just now.

 

“Damn you, Byun Baekhyun!”

 

---

 

“Oh, I want that one!”

 

They both had went to a restaurant and enjoyed japanese food before they both came to the supermarket to do grocery shopping. Chanyeol sighed as he begrudgingly pushed the cart, following the midget who kept on skipping around and chose things that he wanted - those that were definitely unnecessary. Chanyeol glanced at the cart and saw that most of the contents were junk food and even he, who had almost never did grocery shopping before, knew that this was totally not grocery shopping. Chanyeol didn’t think that they’d get to buy the things they wanted if Baekhyun kept on getting distracted by the sweets and any bright things that would usually attracted little kids and of course, all the sample food.

 

Sigh, I feel like I’m handling a child.

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun once again reached out to take a bar of chocolates and feeling like he should do something about this, he pushed the cart to stand beside Bakehyun and slapped the back of Baekhyun’s hand softly to prevent him from taking it. Baekhyun let out a shocked gasp and cradled his hand to his chest, pouting at Chanyeol.

 

“Ouch, what was that for?!”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at that, “We’re here to buy the ingredients so that I can cook. But we have been here for almost 45 minutes and the things that entered the cart for now are only the junk food that you’ve chosen.” He narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun and groaned, “Follow me and don’t take anything else. Understood?”

 

Baekhyun just jutted his lower lip at that and dragged his feet to follow Chanyeol. He tried to, really, but he had sniffed something really delicious and he thought that it would only be best for him to follow the scent and found out what it was. So, when he saw that Chanyeol was busy choosing the vegetables, he slowly crept away and went to the sample food that he saw just now.

 

 

Chanyeol put the things that he had chosen and turned around to ask Baekhyun to follow him but he blinked when he couldn't see the latter beside him. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers, thinking why the hell he had gotten a brat as a husband. Pushing the cart with him, he searched for Baekhyun in every aisle but he coulnd't find him. 

 

"If I were Baekhyun, where would I be? Hm... Aha! Why didn't I think about this faster..."

 

He walked around and tried to find nearby stall for food sampling, he smirked to himself when there was him, the Byun Baekhyun. Masking his face into somewhat an angry expression, Chanyeol stomped his way to the smaller. "Yah, Byun Baekhyun!" He saw Baekhyun stiffen in his spot, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. Baekhyun smiled sheepishly when he saw Chanyeol coming up to him, knowing that the taller would break out into a nag once again.

 

“What did I say just now, Park Baekhyun? I asked you to follow me, right? And you dint even hea-”

 

Chanyeol's words were cut off when Baekhyun suddenly shoved a small piece of nugget that he had been eating just now into Chanyeol's mouth, smiling brightly at Chanyeol with mirth in his eyes. "It's good, isn't it? Let's buy this product." He turned around, wanting to go and maybe escape Chanyeol's nagging but before he could step away, Chanyeol had pulled the back of his collar, keeping Baekhyun in place.

Baekhyun giggled nervously and turned around in Chanyeol’s hold, facing the taller who was now looking down at him with fire in his eyes. Baekhyun whimpered slightly at that and he looked down, nodding his head slowly. “Okay, okay, I won’t go anywhere.”

Chanyeol squinted his eyes at the brunette, not trusting him even a little bit. The guy was so stubborn, like a very naughty puppy, that Chanyeol had a mind to put a leash on him but unluckily, he couldn’t do that. He heaved a sigh and leant down to grab Baekhyun’s hand in his, shocking the smaller man and also himself.

 

“W-What..”

 

Chanyeol felt his ears getting red at his sudden action because he himself didn’t know why. He thought that the only way to keep Baekhyun at bay was to hold his hand, so that was the exact thing that he did. Baekhyun looked so dumbfounded and shocked right now, and Chanyeol couldn’t blame him. He cleared his throat and averted his gaze away from Baekhyun’s. “So that you won’t run away. Yeah, that’s why. Um, let’s go now.”

Chanyeol pushed the cart with one hand while the other was holding onto Baekhyun’s smaller and softer hand, dragging the shorter male to follow him. Baekhyun could feel himself blushing hard as he looked at their linked hands, liking how Chanyeol’s big hands almost engulfing his obviously smaller hand. Feeling bold, Baekhyun glanced up to look  at the back of Chanyeol’s head before he slotted his fingers properly in between Chanyeol’s, hoping that Chanyeol wouldn’t pull away or something because he really liked Chanyeol’s warmth.

 

Baekhyun smiled wide when Chanyeol didn’t scold him nor he pulled away from his hold, making Baekhyun’s heart beating in delight.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m going to go and take some things over there. You stay here and don’t wander around by yourself, okay?”

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips and nodded in understanding. Seeing that the brunette understood him and looking like he wouldn’t go anywhere, Chanyeol left him alone there to look after their cart and he went away to grab some ingredients that he could use in cooking. Baekhyun yawned as he waited for Chanyeol, who was taking his sweet time in choosing the things that he wanted. Baekhyun puffed his cheeks as he looked around but he couldn’t see where Chanyeol was and the aisle where Baekhyun was at was also empty. Another yawn escaped the puppy’s mouth and Baekhyun could feel his eyes getting droopy, tired from all the runnings that he did when he chose the things he wanted earlier.

He glanced at his phone and saw that it was already late in the evening and he was sure by the time they went out of the mall, it would be dark already. He tried to search for Chanyeol once again but he couldn’t even see the taller’s shadow so he just huffed in annoyance. Baekhyun was getting sleepier as times passed by and he looked at the cart he was holding, looking like it was tempting Baekhyun to do the one thing.

 

“But I’m a grown up...”

 

“I can’t do that anymore..”

 

“But I’m sleepy...”

 

“And Chanyeol is MIA..”

 

“It’s okay.. right?”

 

Baekhyun was battling himself in his mind, thinking whether it would be appropriate or not. But seeing that Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen and that no one was there nearby him, he shrugged and decided to just not mind it. He rubbed his eyes before he braced himself using his hands and slung a leg over the cart, successfully getting himself inside the cart. He pushed the items in the cart to one side so he’d get more comfortable and not even a minute after, he had fallen asleep with his knees drawn to his chest and his head on his knees, his arms hugging the knees close to his chest.

 

Chanyeol nodded to himself as he got all the things he wanted and made his way back to where he had left Baekhyun with their cart. Holding the things carefully in his arms, Chanyeol walked in quick steps, hoping that Baekhyun didn’t wait for so long and hoping that the brunette stayed in his spot. Chanyeol’s eyes widened when he saw only the cart in the aisle, thinking that maybe Baekhyun had wandered once again. But when he was near to the cart, he heaved a relief sigh when he saw Baekhyun was sitting in the cart. Chanyeol let out a chuckle when he noticed that the small male was sleeping, the usual puppy noises escaped his mouth once in a while and his head lolled to a side uncomfortably.

 

I swear this guy is just a 5 year old kid in a grown up body.

 

Chanyeol put down the things in his hands into the cart and leant down to prop his chin on his opened palm, his elbow resting on the edge of the cart as he watched Baekhyun snoring softly, looking so peaceful and so deep into his sleep. Chanyeol reached out a hand to caress Baekhyun’s fringe away but he stopped just before he got to touch Baekhyun when he noticed what he was doing. He stood up straight in reflex and cleared his throat, looking around to see whether anyone had seen him or not. He sighed in relief when he noticed that there was no one there and he tried to stay calm before he tried to wake Baekhyun up.

 

“Baek, wake up. I’m done, we can go pay now.”

 

Luckily, this time it didn’t take so long for Chanyeol to wake the brunette up. He helped Baekhyun out of the cart and the smaller staggered a bit, still drowsy from his small nap. Chanyeol held Baekhyun by his waist and pulled him closer, letting Baekhyun leaning on him. Baekhyun rubbed his eyes and snuggled closer to Chanyeol, trying to make himself more awake but he still ended up leaning most of his weight on Chanyeol as they walked to the cashier.

 

---

 

Baekhyun couldn’t sleep again when they were on their way home, so he just settled with singing along to the songs on the radio, purposely singing off tune to annoy Chanyeol, who looked like he was so close to throwing Baekhyun out of the car. Chanyeol heaved a relief sigh when they finally arrived at their home and feeling so grateful that he wouldn't have to hear Baekhyun's voice anymore. He then walked to the back of the car, pulling out the shopping bags from the car trunk. He shut the trunk door down, expecting Baekhyun to help him with the bags but the brunette just casually walked towards the house door, not even thinking of helping the tall man.

 

“Yah midget, come and help me!”

 

Baekhyun walked back to Chanyeol, watching as the taller carried the heavy bags in his hands. Baekhyun tilted his head slightly as he smiled innocently (not really) at Chanyeol, “Aren’t you like the groom or the husband or the top or something.. shouldn’t you be the one to carry all the heavy things?” Chanyeol felt his eye twitched at Baekhyun’s question at him, the one which sounded almost the same like he had asked before. Baekhyun laughed hard when he saw the offended expression on Chanyeol’s face and he snagged two bags from Chanyeol’s hand, sing-songed a ‘I’m just kidding’ before he skipped his way into their house.

Chanyeol watched with narrowed eyes at Baekhyun’s retreating figure and he bit his lips to keep himself from cursing out loud. He went into the kitchen and dropped the bags on the kitchen counter, leaving Baekhyun there alone in the kitchen to handle all the items they had bought. Baekhyun giggled as he looked Chanyeol stalked away to the living room with a scowl on his face, totally not amused with the sarcasm Baekhyun had pulled on him earlier. The tall man plopped down on the couch and decided to rest his eyes there first, too tired to go upstairs. He never knew that shopping could be that tiring, or maybe it was tiring because he had to deal with Baekhyun. Yeah, it definitely was beause of that midget Baekhyun.

Baekhyun quickly arranged the things they had bought at their respective places before he walked to the living room, seeing that Chanyeol had lied down on the couch with an arm slung over his eyes, looking like he had fallen asleep already. Baekhyun wanted to go upstairs, but he was too lazy to do so and he really was tempted to go and just lie down on Chanyeol’s warm body. And of course, nothing could ever stop Baekhyun, so he went to the taller and threw himself onto Chanyeol’s body, sighing in satisfaction as he planted his face in the crook of Chanyeol’s neck.

 

“Oof! Yah, get off! You’re heavy!!”

 

Baekhyun just whined as Chanyeol scolded him in a drowsy manner, groggy from his sleep but still trying to push Baekhyun off. He held tightly on Chanyeol’s shirt and kept on cuddling closer to the giant, furrowing his face further into Chanyeol’s neck and inhaled the manly scent of his husband. “Don’t want to, I wanna sleep here.” Baekhyun mumbled into Chanyeol’s neck and he smiled when Chanyeol’s pushes kept getting weaker. Baekhyun turned his face slightly and nosed on Chanyeol’s jaw as he brought a hand up to weave his fingers through Chanyeol’s dark brown locks. He heard the giant let out a soft sigh at that and he smiled, still playing with the strands of Chanyeol’s hair as he felt Chanyeol’s breathing becoming more even as the taller man drifted into his sleep.

 

And not long after, Baekhyun himself was lulled into sleep by the soft snores that came out of Chanyeol’s mouth.

 

That was how they spent their second night as a married couple together.

 

 


 

they're finally married yay

the shopping scene was inspired (?) by the shopping scene in roommate s2 - dongwook, ryohei, jackson and youngji

try and check it out, they're so hilarious haha

and i have an interview to get into a med school for my degree

i might or might not be able to update next week

but i'll try my best to update

enjoy your day :)

AM STILL HYPERVENTILATING OVER EXORDIUMDOTINSEOUL !!!!!