Be Mine

Be My Husband

this was supposed to be posted earlier but the wifi broke down so yeah, here it is. enjoy \^o^/

un'beta'ed, so pls tell me if there's any mistake :))


 

 

Chanyeol huffed as he plopped himself down on the couch, grumbling and grunting in annoyance. He was even more irked when he heard his own voice echoing in the big house - (it’s a bit exaggerated but that’s how lonely Chanyeol felt right now).

 

Why?

 

Because he was alone.

 

And why was he alone?

 

Because Kim ing Jongdae had decided to kidnap Baekhyun from him!

 

 

 

 

It had been 3 days – ing three days – since Jongdae came and Chanyeol had never felt this much agony inside his body. His heart and mind were tortured badly, all because of that curled-lips guy that Baekhyun called his best friend, who actually was his ex-boyfriend, who was also his first boyfriend, who got to have Baekhyun’s first kiss and had kissed him right in front of Chanyeol’s eyes right on the day he came here.

 

 

To say that Chanyeol hated Jongdae was an understatement.

 

 

The giant cursed Jongdae in his mind as he rolled around on the couch, flailing his long limbs around because he just wanted to have Baekhyun all to himself but he couldn’t because Jongdae kept coming in his way and even now, Baekhyun was going out with Jongdae (and Kyungsoo) because they were going to perform together and they would be having many practices together which meant Chanyeol wouldn’t be able to meet Baekhyun that much and he just missed his husband so much that he wanted to hug Baekhyun to himself and never letting the midget go but of course he couldn’t do that because Kim ing Jongdae was there to make sure that Chanyeol’s live was a living-

 

“I’m home!”

 

Hell… Eh, is that Baekhyun?!!!

 

In a blink of an eye, Chanyeol had moved to sit up on the couch, perking up as he heard the sound of the door opening. If he was a dog, his ears and tail would have wag so furiously as he waited with bated breath for Baekhyun to come into the living room.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, are you home?”

 

Chanyeol perked up even more when he heard Baekhyun shouting for him and he couldn’t hide the excitement in his voice when he shouted back a very loud ‘Yes!’ to his small husband. Chanyeol quickly stood up, wanting to go to Baekhyun but turned out he didn’t have to because Baekhyun had stepped into the living room with a very bright smile, making Chanyeol’s heart skip a beat still.

 

“Baekhy-“

 

“Hi, Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol halted in his steps as he froze at the voice that he had come to despise by now. The giant could feel his eyes twitching when Jongdae suddenly appeared, wrapping his arm around Baekhyun’s neck and giggling together as they walked into the living room towards him.

 

“I hope you don’t mind me intruding. Kyungsoo bailed out on us so I think it’s better for me to come and discuss with Baekhyun at your house.” Jongdae explained with a tilt in his voice and a very big smile on his face (which Chanyeol was dying to wipe it off), looking up at Chanyeol expectantly. “You won’t mind it, right?”

 

Chanyeol was still frozen in his spot, feeling a heavy feeling in the pit of his stomach and the ugly feeling gurgling in the bottom of his heart. He balled his hands into fists, trying to keep his head leveled or else he would’ve lost his calm right there and then. Baekhyun too was looking up at him expectantly, innocently hoping that Chanyeol wouldn’t mind Jongdae without even knowing about the turmoil in Chanyeol’s heart right now.

 

Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol shook his head slowly. “No, I don’t mind it.” He then decided that he couldn’t be in the same room as the transfer student, so he turned to Baekhyun, smiling a little bit forcedly at the brunette.

 

“I’m going to stay in my studio. Call me if anything happen, okay?”

 

Baekhyun was just opening his mouth to ask Chanyeol to stay, because he himself had felt that they didn’t spend too much time together lately. However, without even waiting for Baekhyun’s reply, Chanyeol had his heel and proceeded to walk up the stairs to go into his studio. He wanted badly to pull Baekhyun into his arms and along with him so that the midget would be far away from Jongdae, but he knew that he couldn’t do that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He somehow didn’t notice how Baekhyun’s face fell when the midget saw Chanyeol walking away.

 

---

 

“Chanyeol?”

 

Chanyeol was stretching his aching body – he’s been sitting on his chair and composing the song that he’s going to perform for a very long time – when he suddenly heard Baekhyun’s voice calling for him. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun walked in slowly and smiling softly at him, “Dinner?”

 

Chanyeol almost palmed his face when he noticed that he still hadn’t cook their dinner yet so he quickly stood up, towering over Baekhyun effortlessly. “I almost forgot. You don’t mind waiting a little bit more while I go and cook for us?”

 

The giant was dumbfounded when Baekhyun suddenly laughed at his question before pulling on his hand, dragging him down the stairs. “No, you don’t have to cook, Yoda.”

 

Chanyeol scrunched his eyebrows as he watched the back of Baekhyun’s head, following the midget blindly to the kitchen. It had always been him that cooked for their every meal, so what did Baekhyun mean by that? Oh, did he order for takeout? Or maybe he ordered pizza or any fast food? Or maybe-

 

“Jongdae cooked for us already! Tadaaa!”

 

Chanyeol felt his blood boil when Baekhyun pulled him to the dining table, only to be presented with a table full of various dishes with a smiling Jongdae sitting on one of the chairs – that was supposed to be Chanyeol’s seat – while waiting for them. Jongdae had nodded his head a bit towards Chanyeol as a greeting but Chanyeol couldn’t find himself replying to that.

 

However he didn’t really have to because Baekhyun had excitedly pushed him to sit on the chair across Jongdae with his mouth talking nonstop.

 

“You really have to taste Jongdae’s cooking. His cooking is so exceptional that you’d be so amazed with the taste of his food!”

 

Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly as he served some of the dishes into Chanyeol’s plate before taking his seat and serving himself too. He was beaming very brightly as he talked about Jongdae’s dishes back from their younger days, saying how Jongdae always cooked for him and giving him all the food he was craving at the time – not realizing Chanyeol who was fuming in his seat.

 

“And do you want to know why I still can’t cook?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol with his mouth full, not even thinking to stop praising the other male. “It’s because of this guy and also Kyungsoo! They spoilt me too much that I couldn’t even cook to save myself.” Baekhyun whined as he kicked Jongdae’s foot, making Jongdae whined in surprise. They then started to have a small banter with each other, throwing insults but Chanyeol was sure that even a blind person could feel how close their relationship was and how strong their chemistry was.

 

Chanyeol looked down at the plate in front of him, gulping down the bitter taste in his mouth. He couldn’t even bring himself to touch the food, not when Baekhyun and Jongdae had fallen into a conversation about their old days, about their memories together.

 

And of course without Chanyeol included in them – not the conversation and surely not the memories.

 

Chanyeol didn’t want to hear how funny Jongdae was or how caring he was. He didn’t want to hear how Baekhyun had always depended on Jongdae before and he didn’t want to know how Baekhyun and Jongdae spent their time together. And he really didn’t want to know how considerate and affectionate Jongdae was when they both were dating. He also didn’t want to know how perfect Jongdae was and how Baekhyun was happy that he got Jongdae as his first boyfriend. He didn’t want to hear all those things that the two had done together, he didn’t want to know whatever had happened between them both.

 

Chanyeol didn’t want any of that!

 

“- and do you remember that time when we had our first date? You were so nervous that your hands were so cold and kept on trembling.”

 

Playful slaps. Giggly laugh. Innocent and teasing jabs. Laugh and more giggles.

 

“- and of course the best thing ever was our first kiss. You, Baekhyun, was so inexperienced and I had to-“

 

Screech!

 

Both Baekhyun and Jongdae were pulled out of their conversation when the sound of the chair scraping onto the floor interrupted them. Baekhyun opened his mouth to ask Chanyeol what was wrong but the giant had cut him with a curt “I’m done” before he walked away from the dining table, leaving Baekhyun and Jongdae there looking at his retreating figure.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He didn’t even touch the food that was served by Baekhyun in his plate.

 

---

 

It was nearing midnight when Chanyeol went out of his studio.

 

He noticed that their bedroom was dark, so he knew that Baekhyun was not in there but he still opened the door to make sure of it. And true to his guess, Baekhyun was not in their room.

 

Why is he still not asleep? He usually goes to bed at this time.

 

Don’t tell me,…

 

 Jongdae is still downstairs?

 

Without wasting his time, Chanyeol quickly made his way downstairs and true to his thought, Jongdae was still there in the living room, sitting on the couch, with Baekhyun sleeping with his head on Jongdae’s lap. Chanyeol could feel something bad churning at the bottom of his heart, making him feel like he could thrash everything down in one go just to quench the angry feeling he was having right now.

 

And the rage in his heart kept on increasing when he noticed how Jongdae was threading his fingers in Baekhyun’s soft and brown lock, and how loving and soft the look in Jongdae’s eyes as he stared at Baekhyun’s sleeping face.

 

 

Which Chanyeol should be the one doing it right now! Not him! Not Jongdae!

 

 

There was so much rage in him that Chanyeol couldn’t even hold it anymore. He felt so angry, annoyed, irritated, furious, livid and everything – that he was afraid he would explode right there and then. Still breathing harshly and with his chest heaving, Chanyeol his heel to stride upstairs again, wanting to run away from the painful sight.

 

But then he halted.

 

No. I won’t run away. I won’t leave Baekhyun with that guy. I’m not giving Baekhyun up to him. Not now, not ever!

 

And with those thoughts in mind, Chanyeol stomped his way to the two, towering even more above Jongdae as the guy was sitting down on the couch. There was a deep frown on Chanyeol’s face, his forehead pulled together and his lips were pursed into thin line. He was glaring down at Jongdae and the smaller too looked up at him with a small smirk on his face.

 

“Where is Baekhyun’s room? Let me take him ther-“

 

“No need to. If you forget, I’m here. Baekhyun’s husband is here and this is our house so you don’t have to bother. You can just leave him to me.” Chanyeol’s voice was just above whisper, careful to not wake Baekhyun up though his deep voice was low. Jongdae could hear the venom in his voice and he couldn’t help but to smirk to see Chanyeol being this worked up with his presence.

 

“Well then, I’ll leave Baekhyun in your care.”

 

Chanyeol was starting to hate Jongdae’s voice, the curls at the corner of his mouth that always pulled up into a smirk whenever he was with Chanyeol and those eyes that were looking up at him with mischief and silent mockery. He hated that face and he just wished that he could throw a punch or two to that smirking face but he knew better than to do that.

 

So Chanyeol just bent down and put his arm under Baekhyun’s back and knees, hoisting the sleeping male into his arms and carrying him bridal-style. He made sure to secure his hold on Baekhyun, not wanting Baekhyun to fall, and he unconsciously let out a soft smile when Baekhyun snuggled closer to his chest, humming at the warmth he provided.

 

“Mm.. Yeol..”

 

“Yes, I’m here. Go back to sleep.”

 

Chanyeol whispered those words softly, pecking Baekhyun on his forehead once before tightening his hold onto Baekhyun. He could feel his heart soaring high as Baekhyun fell asleep in his arms again and even burying his face in Chanyeol’s chest. It’s a wonder on how with only a look at Baekhyun’s serene and peaceful face, Chanyeol could forget all the rage in his heart from earlier.

 

He however was brought back to reality when Jongdae stood up from the couch and gathering his things to leave. Chanyeol’s eyes were hard again when he looked at Jongdae. “You know the way out.” Chanyeol had said those words coldly before he went to go upstairs with Baekhyun in his arms, ascending the stairs even more carefully as to not wake Baekhyun up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae just watched the two with a small smirk on his face before taking his leave, knowing that he’s going to achieve what he wanted soon.

 

---

 

Chanyeol was now beyond grumpy.

 

Sehun, Jongin and Kris (he’s now hanging out with these three because he’s going to perform alongside Chanyeol and they all just got along well) looked at each other and shrugged, as they watched Chanyeol playing the drum furiously.

 

They were all in a music room, Sehun and Jongin coming to watch Chanyeol and Kris practicing but it wouldn’t be the case now, since Chanyeol was still having his time hitting on the drums noisily, looking like he’s lashing out all his fury on the drum set.

 

 

Well, Chanyeol is angry.

 

 

It had been almost five days since he had spent time with Baekhyun. Five days! Even when they were living in the same house, Chanyeol didn’t feel like it.

 

Baekhyun had been spending too much time with Jongdae and Kyungsoo, practicing for the performance. They would go to their university together, but the moment Chanyeol parked his car, Jongdae and Kyungsoo would have been waiting there and snatching Baekhyun away to their classes, not even giving time for Chanyeol to get his usual morning kiss.

 

If before Baekhyun would wait for him to go back together, now it wasn’t like that anymore. Chanyeol would always receive texts from Baekhyun telling him that he had gone back home with Jongdae, or telling him that he got practices.

 

Chanyeol would always eat his dinner alone (or with Sehun, Jongin and Kris if the three were there) because Baekhyun wouldn’t be at home yet and eating dinner outside. And by the time night came, they both would become so exhausted with their own practices and assignments that they’d just fall asleep like that, without even having the chance to talk about their days.

 

So could someone please tell him, how would Chanyeol not be angry when this had been going on for five straight days without fail?

 

Chanyeol let out a loud frustrated scream as he banged the drumstick on the drum hard once before throwing the sticks away - taking Sehun, Jongin and Kris by surprise. Chanyeol then stood up abruptly and went to gather his things before walking out of the music room just like that, leaving the other three gaping at his retreating figure.

 

 

 

“Will he… be okay?”

 

Kris asked hesitantly, a bit scared to look at Chanyeol’s murderous aura just now. Sehun and Jongin could just sigh and shrug their shoulders in response, not knowing how exactly to answer the question.

 

---

 

Chanyeol missed Baekhyun.

 

 

He was not even angry anymore, he just missed Baekhyun badly that he could die if Baekhyun wasn’t with him anytime soon.

 

 

He couldn’t really meet Baekhyun in university since they got different classes. The only time they could meet was when they were having lunch, but that too was not happening. Everytime Chanyeol caught a glance of Baekhyun and tried to go to him, he would vanish into thin air before Chanyeol could even reach him.

 

 

It was like God was not giving him a chance to talk to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

No, it was actually Jongdae that was not giving him a chance to talk to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Chanyeol swore he caught Jongdae’s eyes several time, and he was freaking sure that Jongdae saw him approaching Baekhyun. And he knew that Jongdae had dragged Baekhyun away from Chanyeol everytime he saw Chanyeol coming to them, purposely doing so, so that Chanyeol couldn’t talk to Baekhyun.

 

And Chanyeol knew that practices wouldn’t even take that much time of Baekhyun but of course Jongdae just had to hold Baekhyun back with the excuses of having practices. Even Chanyeol and Kris didn’t take that much time to practice even though their song wasn’t that much perfect yet.

 

Kris glanced at the distracted Chanyeol and he nudged the guy on his rib to catch his attention. Chanyeol just looked at him with empty eyes, not even reacting to anything and looking like a walking dead.

 

“Let’s continue practicing. The festival is just around the corner.” Kris said softly, shaking his head as he saw Chanyeol slumping even further at his words. Biting his lips, Kris thought hard of a way to grab Chanyeol’s attention and he roamed his eyes around Chanyeol’s studio, trying to find anything that he could use to talk about.

 

A bulb lighted up in his mind when he saw a lyrics sheet stacked in between the stacks of lyrics on the table. This one lyric sheet somehow looked interesting than others, and Kris just had the feel that this one was special to Chanyeol. Don’t ask how, but he could just feel it. So, while hoping that Chanyeol would start talking and responding to him, he grabbed the lyrics sheet and put it in front of Chanyeol’s face.

 

“You composed the song and wrote these lyrics, right?”

 

Chanyeol glanced at Kris’ face and looked at the lyrics in front of him, taking it in his hands. A soft smile broke out on his face when he noticed that it was the song that he wrote while thinking of Baekhyun.

 

“Yes. This.. This song is for Baekhyun.”

 

Kris perked up when he heard the words coming out of Chanyeol’s mouth, patting himself on his back mentally as he had hit the jackpot.

 

“So, why don’t we perform this song instead of the one that we had been practicing?”

 

Chanyeol whipped his head to look at Kris with wide eyes, his mouth opened and closed without any word coming out. Kris chuckled when he saw how Chanyeol’s eyes started to light up and his lips started to pull wide at Kris’ suggestion.

 

“Well, I can’t really sing but I know you can. Maybe I just can add in some rap in the song.” Kris shrugged as he said that, raising an eyebrow at Chanyeol. “So, what do you say?”

 

Chanyeol felt his heart started to bloom in happiness again when he thought hard about what Kris was saying. It might be the perfect time for him to sing the song for Baekhyun. It might need to be fixed here and there but the song was almost finished, since Chanyeol didn’t really spend much time in composing and writing the lyrics.

 

All the lyrics just naturally came out as he thought about Baekhyun, and it was safe to say that Baekhyun was the most perfect muse that Chanyeol had ever had.

 

Singing the song especially for Baekhyun in front of everyone, telling the world how important Baekhyun was to him – that would be perfect.

 

“Okay, let’s perform this song.”

 

Kris beamed wide as he saw Chanyeol getting back to work with a smile on his face, finally getting himself back as they started to practice the song together. The tall man couldn’t stop saying thanks to God as he didn’t have to be faced with a lifeless and grumpy Chanyeol anymore.

 

---

 

Baekhyun sighed tiredly as he opened the door to his house; feeling like all his energy had been drained. He didn’t know why Jongdae was so adamant in practicing so hard but he could just obey the latter since he too wanted to do his best for the performance. But seriously, he didn’t even remember Jongdae being this hardworking back during their school days.

 

“Maybe he just wants to do the best..”

 

Baekhyun took off his shoes and put them on the shoe rack, not thinking about anything except wanting to go and sleep. His throat was parched and he really wanted to just go and relax his aching body, maybe cuddling with Chanyeol too. It had felt like years since he last talked to Chanyeol, and he’s missing the giant terribly. He wanted nothing but to go and kiss Chanyeol senselessly but he halted when he saw unfamiliar shoes in between other shoes there.

 

He tilted his head in confusion and right after, he heard Chanyeol’s laugh coming from the living room. Baekhyun then made his way to the living room, feeling happy that he could finally spend some time with Chanyeol but he stopped in his track when he saw Chanyeol happily laughing with Kris, joking around together.

 

He stood there for a couple of minutes before Chanyeol finally noticed him, his eyes brightened up when his gaze fell on Baekhyun. “Baek, you’re home!” Baekhyun felt his heart skipped a beat as Chanyeol’s deep voice grazed his ears, realizing how bad he’s missing that deep voice that he loved too much.

 

Baekhyun had expected Chanyeol to come and maybe kiss him or just a hug for him but there was none. Instead, his just sat there, still looking at Baekhyun with his wide eyes, though the light in his brown eyes seemed to dimmer a bit.

 

“Where’s Jongdae? He’s not coming today?”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but to feel a pang in his heart, making his heart feel a little bit constricted. He fought the urge to clutch his heart and just shook his head at Chanyeol. “No, we’re done practicing for today.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t notice it, but Chanyeol actually heaved a relieved sigh when he heard there would be no Jongdae in front of his eyes for today. Baekhyun however couldn’t help but to have this awkward feeling in his heart, feeling utterly distant from his own husband.

 

Not wanting to stand there like a fool, Baekhyun quickly excused himself, saying that he wanted to go and rest. Chanyeol just smiled at him and nodded his head, wishing Baekhyun a good night. Baekhyun waited a bit, hoping that Chanyeol would come to him but his wish was not granted as Chanyeol had turned around to Kris again, continuing discussing and laughing when Kris said something dumb.

 

Baekhyun’s heart was aching badly at the scene and he felt tears started to well up in his eyes so he quickly went up the stairs, heading straight to the bed. He lied down on the bed and clutched the pillow to his heart, fighting away the tears.

 

“What are you crying for, you fool? They were just practicing, nothing else. Chanyeol will come to you later on, Baekhyun. He will.”

 

Baekhyun nodded to himself as he said the words, fighting the urge to cry because he knew that he’d get his Chanyeol back later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But that night, Baekhyun had fallen asleep while waiting for Chanyeol to come to him.

 

---

 

Baekhyun was not surprised when the next time he came home, Kris’ shoes were there again. Maybe he had stood there glaring at the shoes for too long that Jongdae and Kyungsoo had to shake him out of his thoughts.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Baekhyun averted his gaze from the shoes and looked at Kyungsoo’s worried face, shaking his head as he uttered a small ‘nothing’. Baekhyun then led his best friends to the living room, halting in his steps once again when he noticed Chanyeol and Kris were there.

 

Chanyeol had brightened up when he heard Baekhyun coming in but his smile faltered when he noticed Kyungsoo and Jongdae were there together with Baekhyun. The giant then stood up from the couch, smiling a little at Baekhyun though the midget noticed that his smile looked like it was forced out.

 

“You guys are practicing here? Then, Kris and I will be in my studio.  Call me if anything comes up, ‘kay?”

 

Baekhyun didn’t even get to reply anything before Chanyeol gathered all his things and went up the stairs, followed by Kris who just waved at Chen and Kyungsoo as greetings. Baekhyun gulped the forming lump in his throat and he took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself.

 

“I’m going to make us some drinks. You guys just wait here for a minute.”

 

Baekhyun then excused himself to the kitchen, wanting to give himself some time alone. As he walked away, Jongdae and Kyungsoo just turned to look at each other, knowing and understanding the turmoil inside Baekhyun’s head and heart right now.

 

Kyungsoo just shook his head when he saw Jongdae smirking lightly; not wanting to get involved in whatever Jongdae was doing right now.

 

---

 

The festival now was just three days away and Baekhyun could feel the pressure on him already.

 

He didn’t know why but he was so nervous about performing and to make it worse, he couldn’t even hit the right notes, making him feel even more pressured. Baekhyun just couldn’t get himself to sing, not knowing what the cause was.

 

Or he actually knew perfectly why – his heart was not okay, not when he felt very much troubled about his relationship with Chanyeol.

 

 

“Baekhyun, you’re not hitting the right notes. What’s wrong with you?”

 

Jongdae sighed heavily as he looked at Baekhyun, who was now slumping back to his couch and glaring daggers at the lyrics sheet in his hand. Kyungsoo just watched the interaction of the two, somehow feeling a hint of pity to see Baekhyun looking miserable like this.

 

“Why did you even choose this song, huh Jongdae? It’s Spring Festival yet you chose this depressing song. Why?”

 

Kyungsoo asked as he glanced down at the lyrics in his hand, still not understanding why Jongdae would choose the sad ballad song to be performed. Jongdae just shrugged, “Well, other students of course would choose sappy love songs so why not we make it a little different?”

 

Baekhyun just sighed as he listened to Kyungsoo’s and Jongdae’s conversation above his head, not really wanting to interrupt their small banter. The brunette sighed once again as he looked at the parts where he should sing, trying to get the feels.

 

 

 

Countless days have passed and are fading

In the scattering time

No matter how much I long for you

I can’t hear your memories

 

 

Funny how the lyrics seemed to convey what Baekhyun was feeling.

 

How long had it been since he and Chanyeol talk? How long had it been since he and Chanyeol eat together? How long had it been since he and Chanyeol spend some time together? How long had it been since Chanyeol pull him into his big arms? How long had it been since Chanyeol hug him to sleep? How long had it been since Chanyeol kiss him?

 

No matter how hard Baekhyun thought about it, he just couldn’t remember it. It was like, Chanyeol and he had drifted too far. Too far away that all the memories seemed so distant now.

 

Baekhyun was too far into his thoughts that he didn’t even realize the tears that were rolling down his cheeks. He just felt too much longing in his heart, he just felt like something was missing from his heart. He just wanted to be with Chanyeol again, was it that hard to be fulfilled? Just when did they start to become distant with each other? Just where did it all go wrong till they become like this?

 

Jongdae and Kyungsoo were both shocked when they suddenly heard Baekhyun sniffling, and they both whipped their heads to look at Baekhyun. They were even more shocked to see tears on Baekhyun’s face and that the brunette now was hiccupping as he cried into his hands.

 

Panicked, Jongdae pulled Baekhyun into his arms, letting the midget crying onto his shoulders. He looked at Kyungsoo with wide eyes, not knowing what to do and Kyungsoo too seemed so shock to see Baekhyun suddenly crying like this.

 

“Y-Yah Baekhyun-ah, are you okay? W-Why are you crying? Is it because of the song? You don’t have to cry, we still have some time to practice.”

 

Jongdae rubbed Baekhyun’s back to calm the crying male down but to no avail. Baekhyun cried even harder at that and Jongdae was really close to heart attack since it had been so long since he saw Baekhyun crying. Kyungsoo too scooted closer to calm Baekhyun down, whispering things to the brunette.

 

“Baekhyun, do you feel stressed? You don’t have to, it’s just a song. We’ll practice together so you can sing better, ‘kay? Hey, don’t cry, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head furiously at Jongdae’s and Kyungsoo’s words, still sniffling hard as he cried onto Jongdae’s shoulder. Jongdae looked down at him and thread his fingers in between Baekhyun’s lock, “Then what is it? You can tell us, you know.”

 

“..iss him..”

 

Jongdae scrunched his eyebrows as he tried to make out the words Baekhyun was saying. He then looked at Kyungsoo, seeing that the other too was lost and didn’t understand what Baekhyun was saying.

 

“W-What, Baek? We can’t understand you.”

 

Baekhyun just sobbed harder at that and Jongdae could feel Baekhyun mumbling something again, so he tried hard to listen to the brunette.

 

“..miss Y-Yeol..”

 

 

 

“I m-miss C-Chanyeol..”

 

 

 

Jongdae’s eyes widened when he finally heard what Baekhyun was saying and he looked up at Kyungsoo with a guilty face. Kyungsoo too apparently had heard the words that Baekhyun was saying as he was now openly glaring at Jongdae, totally pissed at the male with curled lips.

 

‘Did I go too far?’ Jongdae mouthed the words to Kyungsoo, making Kyungsoo looking at him with a ‘Are you ing kidding me?’ look. Kyungsoo then shook his head as he got up to go and fetch a glass of water to Baekhyun, leaving Jongdae to handle the crying male alone. Jongdae bit his lips as he tried to stop Baekhyun from crying but it seemed like the brunette wouldn’t stop anytime soon.

 

It was Jongdae’s intention to try and separate Baekhyun from Chanyeol, but it was only because he wanted to torture Chanyeol! He was just trying to see how much Chanyeol loved Baekhyun, whether he truly cared about Baekhyun or not! It was not even his intention to make Baekhyun feel sad but it seemed like he totally forgot about his best friend’s feeling.

 

 

 

And now, what should he do?

 

---

 

Chanyeol was just done with practicing the song he wrote for Baekhyun with Kris, and it was safe to say that he liked it so much. He just hoped that Baekhyun would like it too and that Baekhyun could feel all the effort he had put into making the song.

 

Seeing that they had done practicing for the day, Kris had excused himself because he wanted to go back home fast so being the perfect host he was, Chanyeol then accompanied the taller male downstairs.

 

He somehow forgot that Jongdae and Kyungsoo were there and he could feel his mood soured when he remembered that Jongdae was in his house too, but he knew there was nothing that he could do. He took a deep breath to calm his mind, not wanting to ruin his mood with the thought of Jongdae but the moment he stepped down the last step, he was greeted with the sight of Jongdae and Baekhyun hugging on the couch.

 

Chanyeol could feel his blood boiling at the sight and his chest was heaving in anger, feeling all the bad thoughts rushing into his mind. He then averted his gaze away and wanted to just drag Kris away from the scene but he stopped when he heard some sniffles.

 

The giant whipped his head to look at the two again and only now he noticed that Baekhyun was actually shaking with sobs and Jongdae was actually trying to calm him down. An alarm blared inside Chanyeol’s head when he saw that and in no time, he was already storming towards Baekhyun, crouching at Baekhyun’s feet when he reached the crying male, his eyes were wide with worry.

 

“What happened? Baek, why are you crying? Tell me, Baek, what’s wrong?”

 

Baekhyun’s ears perked up when he heard Chanyeol’s voice and in a blink of an eye, he lunged himself onto Chanyeol, making Chanyeol stumble back on the floor with his lap full of Baekhyun. Baekhyun clung tightly onto Chanyeol’s shoulders, burying his face into the crook of Chanyeol’s neck as he cried and it felt like heaven when his nose was invaded with Chanyeol’s musky scent that he had missed so much.

 

Chanyeol was shocked when Baekhyun suddenly jumped on him and he was lucky that he just plopped down fully to the floor with Baekhyun straddling and clinging onto him. He instinctively wrapped an arm around Baekhyun’s waist while his right hand coming to pat Baekhyun’s head, trying to calm the midget down. Chanyeol felt his heart constrict badly when he heard the sound of Baekhyun sobbing heavily to his neck, hating how broken the brunette sounded.

 

Seeing that Chanyeol was there, Jongdae quietly went to the kitchen, dragging Kris along with him to join Kyungsoo there, wanting to give Chanyeol and Baekhyun some time together.

 

Chanyeol kept on rocking Baekhyun back and forth, tightening his hold onto Baekhyun because he truly missed the brunette and it had been so long since he had hugged Baekhyun. Baekhyun was still crying, although not as bad as before, clinging onto Chanyeol like he didn’t want to let him go forever.

 

 

Well, it’s kind of true actually.

 

 

Baekhyun just wished that he could stay like this forever, being in Chanyeol’s arms and never letting go. He didn’t want to ever let Chanyeol go, he didn’t want to be afar from Chanyeol ever again because he couldn’t stand it, and he couldn’t stand being away from this husband of his.

 

After a few more minutes, Chanyeol could feel that Baekhyun’s sobbing had faltered, so he pulled away slightly to look at Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun however whined and buried his head further into Chanyeol’s neck, not letting Chanyeol to see his crying face.

 

“Baek, come on. Tell me what’s wrong. Why are you crying?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head and tightened his hold onto Chanyeol’s broad shoulders, nuzzling his face to Chanyeol’s neck and leaving feather-like kisses there, making Chanyeol sigh in content. The giant then felt Baekhyun’s lips moving as he mumbled something that Chanyeol couldn’t hear.

 

“Huh, what is it?”

 

“..iss you..”

 

“I can’t hear you, Baek.”

 

“..I miss you..”

 

Chanyeol stiffened in his spot when he finally heard that, feeling his heart almost stopped beating when he heard the words. He then pushed Baekhyun away slightly despite the smaller’s protest and he cupped Baekhyun’s cheeks so that Baekhyun would look at him.

 

“Say that again.”

 

Baekhyun let out a whine and he tried to release himself from Chanyeol’s hold but Chanyeol was stronger so he just accepted defeat at last. He looked up into Chanyeol’s eyes, wandering his gaze on Chanyeol’s wide eyes, his nose and the small mole on it, his plump lips and slightly chubby cheeks before he looked into Chanyeol’s almond brown eyes once again.

 

“I miss you. I miss you so much.”

 

Chanyeol felt his heart became stuffy when he heard Baekhyun whispering those words to him and he just couldn’t hold himself back. Chanyeol took Baekhyun by surprise when he crashed their lips together into a bruising kiss, putting all their feelings in it. Chanyeol nibbled onto Baekhyun’s lower lip before his invaded Baekhyun’s mouth with his tongue, exploring the hot cavern and making Baekhyun moan in delight.

 

Baekhyun felt himself became lightheaded as Chanyeol’s tongue swirled alongside his, flicking the roof of his mouth and grazing his teeth teasingly. Baekhyun couldn’t help but to moan as Chanyeol pulled him closer, making their chests touching and Baekhyun’s hands automatically went to grip on Chanyeol’s soft lock, making the taller grunt in response.

 

They both could feel the air leaving their lungs so although they didn’t want to, they had to pull away from the kiss, leaving a trail of saliva connected to their lips when they pulled away. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were both heaving after the kiss as Chanyeol put his forehead against Baekhyun’s, looking into the smaller’s eyes. Chanyeol pecked Baekhyun’s lips a few more times after, his thumbs running tenderly onto Baekhyun’s soft cheeks.

 

“I miss you too. I miss you so damn much, Baek.”

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun’s face closer as he left kisses all over Baekhyun’s face – on his chubby cheeks, on his pointed nose, on his forehead and on his puffy eyes. Baekhyun just let him do so, humming in content at the attention he’s receiving but he then suddenly pulled away, stopping Chanyeol altogether. The giant unconsciously whined at that and he opened his eyes only to see Baekhyun pouting at him.

 

“Wha-“

 

“You said you miss me but I can see that you are perfectly fine, laughing, joking and flirting around with Kris and not even minding me.”

 

 

(

 

“Why the am I involved in this??!”

 

“Ugh, just shut up and watch, Kris!”

 

)

 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened when Baekhyun suddenly accused him like that while pouting and averting his gaze from Chanyeol, sulking. He was shocked with what Baekhyun had said, because he didn’t really remember flirting with Kris (that’s be so weird honestly) but having Baekhyun showing his jealousy openly like this just made Chanyeol feel loved. And not to forget how cute Baekhyun was being right now.

 

Chanyeol then wrapped both his arms around Baekhyun’s small waist, making the brunette squirming around for a while before he just let Chanyeol hugging him close. Chanyeol then pulled on Baekhyun’s chin softly so that he’d be facing Chanyeol, smiling when Baekhyun didn’t even try to fight him.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, I do joke around with Kris but I would never ever ever ever flirt with him.”

 

Chanyeol said softly with a grimace, couldn’t even imagining himself flirting around with Kris. That’d be so weird since Kris was just a very good friend, someone that was just on a bro-level. Baekhyun however just stared at Chanyeol with the pout on his mouth still, seeming like he wasn’t convinced with Chanyeol’s words.

 

Chanyeol just chuckled once before he leaned closer to Baekhyun, narrowing his eyes as he looked into Baekhyun’s brown ones.

 

“But if I’m not mistaken, you are the one who always spend the time with Jongdae, your ex-boyfriend, that I can’t even get close to you, nor that I can go and talk to you. Am I right?”

 

Baekhyun was surprised with what Chanyeol said and he opened his mouth to rebut it but he halted in his speech when he realized that it was kind of true. He had had too many practices with Jongdae and Kyungsoo, and he was always busy with his assignments and other things that they couldn’t even get to spend their time together.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but to smile when he saw the realization dawned onto Baekhyun and he was startled when Baekhyun started tearing up again. He knew that Baekhyun started to feel guilty now and once again, Baekhyun clung onto him while sobbing softly, saying sorry over and over again.

 

“Hey Baek, don’t cry. It’s not your fault.”

 

Chanyeol rubbed on Baekhyun’s back to stop him from crying but it was to no avail. Seeing how Baekhyun kept on crying, Chanyeol just could think of one way to stop him so he pushed Baekhyun away slightly before pulling him into a kiss, swallowing all the cries that Baekhyun let out.

 

Baekhyun gasped slightly when he felt Chanyeol’s lips on him and he instinctively kissed his husband back, tilting his head for a better access. They stayed kissing and pecking each other like that for a few more minutes, until Baekhyun had calmed down and stopped crying. Baekhyun was now just putting his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder, his chest heaving from all the kisses that they shared just now.

 

Chanyeol then kissed Baekhyun’s temple as he mindlessly ran his fingers on Baekhyun’s back, enjoying the time with Baekhyun. He felt like a load on his chest had been lifted off, making him breathing easier now that he had Baekhyun in his arms like this.

 

 

 

 

(

 

“How do we go out of here? We can’t just barge into their moment like that. We can’t stay here forever too. What do we do?”

 

“Shut up, Jongdae! This is your fault to begin with! Why the would you do that to both of them?”

 

“And you even got me dragged up in this, Chen! What the is wrong with you?”

 

“Ugh, I’m just testing Chanyeol! He’s taking away my best friend from me; of course I wouldn’t let him do that so easily.”

 

)

 

 

“Should we tell them that we heard everything that they are talking about?”

 

Baekhyun let out a small growl at Chanyeol’s question and his eyes turned murderous, finally knowing what the reason for the drift between him and Chanyeol. He then tightened his hold around Chanyeol, burrowing his head further into Chanyeol’s neck.

 

“No, let’s just stay here and let them rot in the kitchen. I’m so gonna kill Jongdae tomorrow, just wait and see!”

 

Chanyeol chuckled softly as he heard Baekhyun mumbling under his breathe, just letting the smaller curse his best friend all he wanted. Chanyeol then just pulled Baekhyun closer, relishing the feelings of having Baekhyun in his arms again even though he couldn’t really feel his by now.

 

But of course, he didn’t mind it even one bit because he was just too happy to be with Baekhyun.

 

---

 

It was finally the day of the festival and Baekhyun didn’t know why he was so nervous. It was not like he was not used to performing in front of a big crowd, in fact he had done so since he was little because he had always loved singing. But today, he didn’t know why he felt so nervous.

 

It felt like something.. something would happen later on.

 

Baekhyun paced back and forth at the backstage, with Kyungsoo and Jongdae watching him doing that. The three of them were just waiting for their turn, which was right after the solo performance by one of their classmates.  Baekhyun fidgeted with his fingers as he peeked to see the audience, looking at the crowd consisted of students and outsiders, since the festival was open to others. Baekhyun knew that his mother and Chanyeol’s parents were somewhere around the big crowd, and the thought of performing in front of Chanyeol’s parents made him even more nervous.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongdae could just shake their heads as they watched Baekhyun worrying over nothing. They had told Baekhyun to relax numerous times but it seemed like the brunette couldn’t even hear them anymore so they just let the midget to pace around.

 

Baekhyun was too caught up in his own thoughts that he gasped out loud when he suddenly bumped into someone’s chest, making him stumbling back a bit. He would have fallen if it was not for the familiar hands holding his waist to stabilize him. Baekhyun looked up to the person in front of him and he could feel his heart started to beat loudly as his gaze fell on Chanyeol’s pushed up hair and the mesmerizing get up he put on.

 

Baekhyun was too stunned for words as he stared at Chanyeol unblinking, making the taller let out a hearty chuckle at his face.

 

“What are you doing pacing around like that, midget? Are you nervous?”

 

Baekhyun blinked when Chanyeol’s deep voice reached his ears and he offered a small pout at the taller, nodding his head. “I.. I just don’t have a very good feeling right now. I’m afraid I’d mess up the performance.”

 

Chanyeol let out a disbelief scoff at Baekhyun’s words and he pulled Baekhyun closer to him by his waist, mindlessly rubbing Baekhyun’s sides. “We both know that you can kill every performance that you do, Baek. You don’t have to feel nervous.”

 

Their conversation then was interrupted with one of the students that were in charge for the backstage, who was informing Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongdae that they needed to get ready now. Chanyeol let Kyungsoo and Jongdae walked pass them first before he stared down back at Baekhyun, smiling softly at the brunette.

 

“Go and kill everyone with your awesomeness. I’ll keep my eyes on you.”

 

After he had done saying those words, Chanyeol leaned down and planted his lips on Baekhyun’s in a chaste kiss, smiling against the kiss and prompting Baekhyun to smile too. They pulled away while beaming wide to each other and they would have kissed once again if it was not for Jongdae’s loud voice screaming for Baekhyun to come fast.

 

Chanyeol just laughed at Baekhyun’s sour face and he pushed the midget towards the stage, pumping his fist in a ‘hwaiting’ pose and getting a wide smile from Baekhyun as a reply. Baekhyun then rushed to get ready for his performance, feeling a little bit better now that he had gotten a ‘good luck’ kiss from Chanyeol.

 

---

 

Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo bowed down when they finished their performance, smiling wide at the applause they were getting from the audience. They had done a splendid job by serenading the audiences with the song ‘The Day’, making the audience swayed along to the soft but strong ballad song. And after successfully making the mood become somber, they then decided to live up the atmosphere again by singing ‘Paradise’ – a perfect song for the Spring Festival.

 

It was such a satisfying feeling for the three of them to see people enjoying their performance, singing and swaying along to their voices.

 

And Baekhyun couldn’t be even happier as Chanyeol truly kept his words. The moment Baekhyun stood on the stage and looked at the crowd, he could see Chanyeol right away. And true to his words, Chanyeol had his gaze planted on Baekhyun for the whole time, somehow making Baekhyun become bashful to have those eyes burning through him throughout the performance.

 

Right after Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Baekhyun went down the stage, the brunette excused himself from his friends and didn’t waste any time, straight away going to Chanyeol’s seat, who was sitting together with their parents. However, by the time he got there, his mother had informed him that Chanyeol had to go to and prepare for his performance later on so Baekhyun just nodded and sat on Chanyeol’s seat a bit dejectedly. He however beamed wide when Mrs Park and his mother kept on giving praises to his performance, feeling shy when he got all the attention on him.

 

However, Baekhyun still couldn’t shake off the uneasy feelings from his heart. He had thought that he felt uneasy because of the performance, but it seemed like it was not the case.

 

Just what is going to happen?...

 

Baekhyun glanced at his mother, watching his mother smiling happily with Mrs Park as they watched the performances going on. Baekhyun was staring at his mother, feeling happy to see his mother smiling wide like that, and he hoped that she would always keep on smiling like that. Mrs Byun then turned to look at Baekhyun, noticing her son’s stare on her.

 

“What is it, Baekhyun-ah?”

 

Baekhyun just smiled a bit as he shook his head, grabbing his mother’s hand in his and rubbed the back of her hand like she always did to him. His mother just smiled affectionately at him and she ruffled Baekhyun’s hair a bit before they both turned to the stage and enjoyed the performance performed by Baekhyun’s friends.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun still couldn’t shake the uneasy feelings away from his heart.

 

---

 

He was getting agitated because even after four performances and a little break, Chanyeol still hadn’t performed yet. Baekhyun almost got up and went to backstage, wanting to know when would be Chanyeol’s turn but it seemed like he didn’t have to, because the moment he got up from his seat, Chanyeol walked onto the stage with his guitar strapped on his back, followed by the tall Kris.

 

Chanyeol sat on the chair prepared on the stage and some of students assigned on the stage were helping him to set up the microphones and all. Kris too was sitting beside Chanyeol, holding onto a mic. Baekhyun saw Chanyeol asking Kris whether he was ready and after Kris nodded, Chanyeol turned to look at the crowd. Baekhyun didn’t know whether it was true or not, but it really looked like Chanyeol was gazing straight to him.

 

And it turned out to be real, as Chanyeol offered him a small, shy smile before he strummed the guitar once, getting all the attention onto him.

 

“Hi, everyone. This song is written by me, with the help of our new friend, Kris and I hope you guys will enjoy this.” A round of applause were sent to the duo after Chanyeol’s little speech but it didn’t stop there. “Midget, this is for you.”

 

Baekhyun perked up at the mention of his nickname and he felt his heart skipped a beat (or maybe two, three even) as Chanyeol gazed straight at him, even from the distance. Baekhyun couldn’t even hear anyone else by now, all his senses were now only focusing on Chanyeol and Chanyeol alone.

 

It was like they were only the two of them there, being in their own world.

 

Chanyeol took a deep breathe once and he then looked down to his guitar as he plucked the first note to the song, stealing Baekhyun’s breathe as he effortlessly looking so charming on the stage, playing his guitar and dedicating the song solely for Baekhyun.

 

He had managed to make Baekhyun fall in love with him, again.

 

 

 

Hello angel,

You are like a painting, when I look to the sky I can only see you

City street lights,

When the lights go out and the moon disappears, it’s still bright

Because you are,

The star that the sky dropped

 

 

Baekhyun in a deep breath as Chanyeol sang the first verse, closing his eyes as he sang. Baekhyun was too stunned and he didn’t know why but he really did tear up as he heard the lyrics as he felt so touched. And the raw emotion in Chanyeol’s deep, melodious voice just hit Baekhyun straight on his heart, making his heart almost stopped beating.

 

 

 

I laugh for some reason, every night

I close my eyes but I can’t fall asleep

I stay up all night in your thoughts

Your bright smile makes me breathe

You are probably

Hiding your wings behind your back

Anyone can see that you are my only angel

I can fly if I am with you

 

 

Baekhyun was in awe when Kris started rapping, amazed with the performance by the duo. He however still couldn’t take his eyes off Chanyeol and it seemed like the giant couldn’t too, as they hold their gazes on each other for a very long time.

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle at the ‘hiding your wings behind your back’ part, thinking back to the time where he tried to crawl away from Chanyeol’s tickle attack some time ago and how amazed Chanyeol was when he discovered Baekhyun’s ‘hidden wing’ – which was just his weird bones sticking out on his back. Chanyeol too was hiding his chuckle during the part, raising his eyebrow playfully at Baekhyun and making Baekhyun laughed at the joke that only the two of them knew.

 

 

 

 

The sky gave you everything

And the world gave you to me

I will keep you by my side so you can’t run away to the sky

I will capture you, I will cage you, I will hold you

 

 

 

Baekhyun tilted his head as he swayed along to Chanyeol’s voice, noticing that everyone too was enjoying the show. Baekhyun noticed how proud their mothers looked, and Baekhyun too was freaking proud of his husband, knowing that this talented man was his.

 

And the fact that Chanyeol was singing this for him…

 

Baekhyun really couldn’t describe what he was feeling right now.

 

 

I’ll be together with you who I would always imagine

I would do anything if we can be together forever

I hope that I will never wake up if this is a dream

And I just wanna know your every day

 

Baekhyun was enjoying Kris’ rap at the time but his attention (and everyone’s actually) was caught by Chanyeol, who suddenly stood up from his chair and leaving his guitar leaning against his chair. There was suddenly music at the background now, obviously the music that Chanyeol had recorded since he had stopped playing his guitar now.

 

But Baekhyun couldn’t really care about what was happening right now, because the only thing he could focus on was on Chanyeol, who was walking down the stage right now while holding a mic. Baekhyun could hear his own heartbeats in his ears, drowning the sound of Kris rapping.

 

Baekhyun’s hands were suddenly sweating, his heart was beating so loudly in his chest and he seriously couldn’t focus on anyone else, not when Chanyeol was getting closer. To him!

 

By the time Kris had finished his part, Chanyeol was already standing in front of Baekhyun and the midget slowly stood up from his seat, feeling his knees buckling from the nerve. He would have fallen back down to his seat if it was not for Chanyeol holding him tenderly by the waist, the distance between them was so close but still was appropriate.

 

Baekhyun gazed up at Chanyeol’s eyes as the giant smiled at him, holding up the mic to continue the song.

 

 

The fanciest jewel in the sky

Can’t be as dazzling as you

Don’t go far away

Baby won’t you stay

I will love you until whenever

 

Baekhyun gasped a bit as Chanyeol sang the lines to him, while gazing straight into his eyes with so much affection, so much adoration, so much..

 

Love.

 

 

Hello angel

You are like a painting,

When I look to the sky

I can only see you

City street lights

When the lights go out and the moon disappears,

Iit’s still bright

 

Chanyeol was whisper-singing the now last verse, his husky voice coming into Baekhyun’s ears oh-so-melodiously. Baekhyun could hear the crowd whispering, some even squealing at the scene they were having right now, but those didnt even register in his head as his senses were now clouded with only Chanyeol. The midget had unconsciously brought his hands onto Chanyeol’s waist, gripping hard onto the giant’s shirt as he needed to have something to hold to, lest he wanted to embarrass himself there.

 

 

Because you are the star that the sky dropped

That is you

 

 

“The star that the sky dropped, that is you, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol whispered the words into the mic, his gaze was fixed on Baekhyun’s face. The giant then cupped Baekhyun’s cheek with one hand, caressing Baekhyun’s cheek with his thumb and running his gaze on Baekhyun’s face, looking very much mesmerized as he was doing so.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, the first time I saw you, the first thought that had crossed my mind was that you are so beautiful. You are like an angel.. no, I believe you are even more beautiful than an angel.”

 

Baekhyun bit his lower lip as he listened to Chanyeol’s words, feeling his eyes starting to well up with tears. The intensity of Chanyeol’s stare on him, the way he was uttering those words – Chanyeol just managed to take Baekhyun’s breath away but at the same time making him feel so alive.

 

“But then, just a word from your mouth, had make me feel so devastated that I came to dislike you so much.”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but to chuckle at that, hitting Chanyeol’s chest softly as he gazed up at the giant.

 

“Yoda.”

 

Chanyeol too laughed when Baekhyun called him Yoda, making some of their friends laughing too since almost all their classmates knew about their childish banter.

 

“I know that it was not a good reason to fight with you about that, but it was really annoying to have you gushing over my ears. You know how insecure I am about my ears.”

 

Baekhyun scrunched his eyebrows in disapproval, reaching up to caress Chanyeol’s ears tenderly with his fingers, making the taller smile wide at him.

 

“But now, I don’t care about it anymore. Not when you always tell me how much you like my ears.. and how much you like me too.”

 

Baekhyun could feel heat creep up his face as Chanyeol said that and he looked down in embarrassment, positive that his cheeks and ears were in deep red by now. It almost felt like Chanyeol was revealing his deepest secret when in fact, almost everyone already knew about how he liked Chanyeol.

 

“And I like you too, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol pushed up Baekhyun’s face slowly, making sure that the brunette was looking at him while he said the words. He needed Baekhyun to see how he was sincere in what he was saying, because he was now baring all his heart for Baekhyun and for everyone to see.

 

“I was so frustrated and angry at first, when our parents said that they wanted us to marry.” A collective gasps were heard from the crowd as soon as the words came out of Chanyeol’s mouth, but Chanyeol couldn’t care less about everyone else. “But now, I can’t be even more grateful than I already am when I agreed to marry you, and having you as my husband is such a great blessing to me.”

 

“I like you so much, Park Baekhyun. I like how nice your voice is, I like how cute your droopy eyes are, I like your cute button nose and your thin lips with your cute little mole on the corner of your upper lips. I like how loud you are when you are sleeping, how you can’t even stay still in one spot because that gives me a reason to hold you in your sleep. I like how you can’t even cook because that means I can cook for you and feed you. I like seeing you eat because you are the cutest when you are eating. I also like how you try hard to be better at cooking, just because you want to do your best for me. I like how you become pouty and angry over small matters, and how jealous you are whenever someone comes too close to me, because that just show how much you like me. I like how short you are compared to me, because you just fit perfectly in my arms like this. I like the way you smell of strawberry and vanilla, somehow making me feel addicted to your smell. I like how soft and fluffy your hair is, and how beautiful and slender your fingers are. I like-“

 

Baekhyun didn’t even realize that he was crying by now if not for Chanyeol’s halted speech. The giant just chuckled as he wiped away Baekhyun’s tears, shaking his head softly.

 

“If I were to list everything down, it would be endless, Baek. But I really want you to know, that I really really really like you, Park Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol suddenly pulled away, making Baekhyun felt lost without Chanyeol standing close to him. Chanyeol took a few steps back, standing there with a small, unsure smile on his face.

 

“I can’t promise you a happy life, Baek. We might have little fights here and there, but I can promise you that I’d do anything to make things become better. I can’t promise you a wonderful life with me but I’d do anything to make you feel happy. I can’t promise you a forever, Baek, but I’d do anything so that we can be together for a very, very, very long time.”

 

“So Park Baekhyun,.. will you truly be mine?”

 

Baekhyun covered his mouth with his hands as he broke out into a sob. He didn’t know why he was crying but his heart just felt so full and so stuffy that tears just came out unconsciously from his eyes. He just couldn’t hold his tears back because he felt so touched and he was just feeling overwhelmed with Chanyeol’s sincere words.

 

Chanyeol’s smile almost faltered when he saw Baekhyun crying too hard but before he could do anything, Baekhyun had run towards him and jumped onto Chanyeol, hugging the taller tight as he chanted ‘yes’ over and over again. Chanyeol then broke out into a laugh as he spun them around, feeling so delighted and happy with having Baekhyun in his arms.

 

Chanyeol put Baekhyun down carefully after he had stopped spinning, looking into each other’s eyes with so much love, admiration, affection and adoration in their eyes. They then leaned forward slowly and their lips melt into a loving kiss halfway, making both of them smile into their kiss.

 

It was just an innocent kiss, just their lips molding softly onto each other – but it felt so special and so meaningful as they smiled into their kiss.

 

They both pulled away in shock, startled with the loud claps surrounding them, only now realizing that they were actually in front of almost every student in their university. Mrs Byun and Mrs Park too were smiling wide, though Chanyeol noticed that they both had discreetly wiped their tears just now.

 

Baekhyun just smiled shyly when people were cheering for them both loudly and he hid his red face onto the crook of Chanyeol’s neck, loving the timbre of Chanyeol’s beautiful and hearty laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The uneasy feelings in his heart had gone away, replaced with the euphoric feelings as he felt Chanyeol’s arms surrounding him, caging him into his safe hug.

 

 

 

It truly felt like he was in a heaven.

 

 

 

 

And Baekhyun hoped, this feeling that was flooding his heart, would always stay in his heart.

 

 


 

thank you so much for subscribing and still staying with this story

but im so sorry bcs the next update maybe will a bit late since i have exam coming up, gotta focus on the exam first TT

anywayyyyyy, im planning to write some y scenes for chanbaek but it'd be my first time doing so and im a bit nervous and shy

soooooo, should i or shouldn't i? >w<