~Chapter 8~

The Players [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun?!” My eyes were still wide and the vase was still in my hands. I stared at him in disbelief. He saw the vase in my hold and widened his eyes.

“Y-yah, put it down!” He pointed at the vase and I put it back down at the table.

“Oh, sorry”

I felt something fluffy and furry on my feet. I looked down and saw Holly. Oh…that was the thingy that touched my foot.

“I’m sorry I startled you. Go back to sleep” I apologized to Holly and the dog went back to sleep under the sofa.

“Aren’t you gonna apologize to me too?” Baekhyun asked with his arms crossed, sitting on the sofa.

I looked at him and went to sit beside him.

“Are you hurt?” I asked him worried

He blinked his eyes

“N-no” He stuttered

“Why are you here?” I asked him raising my brows

“I just wanted to check out on you” He said looking at my eyes

“What for?”

He neared me and I moved backwards until my back hit the end of the sofa.

I gulped nervously and I looked at him. I glared at him when I saw his smirk. Gosh, I want to wipe that smirk off his face. But it made me remember something too. I closed my eyes at the thought and opened them to see Baekhyun close to me, his expression worried. I can feel his warm breath on my face. My heart was beating fast. My legs turned weak and- No, I can’t fall in love with him again.

“Seol-“ I didn’t let him finish his sentence because I pushed him away from me.

I walked away from him back to my bedroom but he kept on following me.

“Seolmi, please. What’s happening?” Baekhyun pleaded and I turned around to face him.

“Baekhyun, please go. I’m fine.” I said to him in a soft voice

But he didn’t listen

“Just tell me what’s wrong! Is it me? If it is me then I’m sorry!” He shouted making me flinch. His words echoed in the quiet house, creating a deafening silence. Tears suddenly streamed out of my eyes and fell to my cheeks. I tried to speak but nothing came out. He suddenly engulfed me into a hug. His presence was comforting and somehow I relaxed into his embrace as he rubbed my back, whispering comforting words not sweet nothings.

“Ssh, it’s okay” He whispered to my ears.

I stopped crying and buried my face to his chest. His fragrant body making me dizzy. Baekhyun carried me in bridal style going to my room. He placed me down on my bed and brought the blanket up to my shoulders. I can barely open my eyes and my eyelids was getting heavy. The last thing I saw was his lips opening saying something.

BAEKHYUN

“I love you” I said to her wholeheartedly. This time it’s real. I quit playing games.

“If you know, the day we broke up it tore my heart into two. I tried to hold back my tears in front of you cause I was too prideful. But not all those times I was playing. I have a heart too. There were times when I cared about you and loved you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter