Chapter 3

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV 

"Kyulkyung," Nayoung unnie called me. I turned to look at her and smiled. She sat next to me as we both waited for the bus to come.

She gave a long sigh, "The game starts today, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

I laid my head on Nayoung unnie's shoulder, flashing back to yesterday. Jung Chaeyeon, I won't be able to talk to her for a month. Oh, well. At least I can talk to Nayoung unnie, Mina, and Sohye. I blinked my eyes, "Sohye and Mina are lucky. They don't have to participate in this game."

Nayoung unnie nodded, "Well, at least we got each other. And them."

I smiled, "Those two sure get cuddly every once in a while. Did you see Mina wrapping her arm around Sohye yesterday? That was cute."

Nayoung unnie chuckled, "Yeah, it's so cringy though. At least they both don't have to worry about anything."

I took my head away from Nayoung unnie's shoulder, "Think Sejeong unnie's gonna go get Chungha unnie if she wins?"

Nayoung unnie nodded, "If her building wins again, it's the seventh time in a row. She sure knows how to keep her instincts inside of herself."

I nodded and saw the bus coming. I pulled Nayoung unnie's arm to make her get up. Then, we both entered inside the bus and went to look for a seat to sit down. Nayoung unnie only found a seat empty for herself, so she looked at me for an answer. I nodded and she sat down. I continued to search for an empty seat and luckily found one. I went over to the seat and looked at the person who was sitting next to the empty seat. The person was covering their face, but I tapped on their shoulder, "Excuse me? Is this seat taken?"

When the person lifted their head up, I knew I was going to be in trouble. It was that girl, Jung Chaeyeon, who's hair was a bit messy, but she still looked gorgeous. She squinted her eyes and talked in a funny way, "Yeah, the seat's not taken by anyone."

Then she dropped her head. That's when I noticed that she was closing her eyes and was snoring quietly. I sat down gently, careful not to disturb her sleep. As I sat next to her, I can't help it but stare at her face. The closer you look at it, it's even more fascinating. As soon as she moved her head a bit, I turned to face forward, trying hard not to make eye contact with her. Then, I felt something on my shoulder. I realized it was her head resting on my shoulder.

I blushed a bit as I stared at her face. She seemed to be smiling a lot and mumbled, "Comfy..."

I stopped for a moment and smiled. Her voice sounded nice and melodious, compared to her voice from yesterday. The bus stopped and people started to get off. Nayoung unnie came to me and as she saw what happened, she let out a sigh, "Oh my."

I forced a smile and looked at her, "What? She happened to be sitting here."

She shook her head and gestured me to wake her up. I sighed and did so, tapping on her shoulder, "Ms. Chaeyeon, you need to wake up. The bus has stopped."

She lifted her head up and opened her eyes. Then, she stared at us with a shocked expression on her face. The bus driver got irritated that we weren't leaving yet, so he yelled, "Either you sit down or you get out!"

We three got out of the bus quickly. As soon as we stopped out of the bus, the bus driver closed the doors and left in a rush. I gave a look at Nayoung unnie and turned to look at her. She was still sleepy, rubbing her eyes as hard as she could. As she took out her hands away from her eyes, they were red. I grabbed something from my pack.

"Here," I handed her an eye drop. She looked at it for a minute and bowed politely. I smiled for a second, but Nayoung unnie began to spoke, "Ms. Chaeyeon, what happened to you?"

She spoke quietly, "I stayed at the hospital."

Nayoung unnie nodded, understanding what she had meant. Then, she turned around and headed to the hospital. We both ran to her and caught up, only to hear her complain, "Please, do not walk close to me. It'll ruin my reputation with the surgeon sunbaenims. Also, the game starts today."

I looked at her, surprised that she knew about the game, "We haven't even entered the hospital yet."

We stopped in front of the hospital as she looked at me and Nayoung unnie, "Still, someone might see. Also, I don't plan to have friends."

"Chaeyeon!"

I turned around to see that it was Sejeong unnie waving at her as she came closer. Sejeong unnie smiled at her, then looked at us with a surprised expression, "Kyulkyung? Nayoung unnie?"

I forced a smile at Sejeong unnie, "Nice to meet you again, Sejeong unnie."

She looked at Sejeong unnie, "Sejeong unnie, you know them?"

Sejeong nodded, "Of course I do! We three went to the same university."

Chaeyeon nodded slowly, "I see."

Sejeong unnie looked at me and Nayoung unnie, "Good luck to you when we get inside. Don't get offended, okay? I hate this game, but I love it, too."

I smirked, "How are things going with Chungha unnie?"

She shrugged, "She keeps ignoring me, but blushes a lot."

Nayoung unnie began, "Well, that's a sign that she likes you. She just doesn't want to admit it."

Sejeong unnie sighed, "Maybe you're right. Well, if we win, then surely she can't do anything about that. It looks like she's trying hard to win."

I smiled, "Maybe she might be doing it for you."

Sejeong unnie took a step forward, "Maybe. Well then, bye. See you later after our shift. Come on, Chaeyeon."

She took a step behind Sejeong unnie, but stopped and turned around to look at me and Nayoung unnie. She lowered her head and quietly talked, "Thank you for waking me up inside the bus and giving me an eye drop. If I didn't come to my senses at that time, the bus driver would've already drove me to somewhere else."

She stopped for a moment, "Also, you don't have to call me Ms. Chaeyeon. You can call me Chaeyeon."

Sejeong unnie walked to me and whispered, "She's a '97, so it's best to call her unnie."

Then, they both left to go inside the hospital. I looked at Nayoung unnie, "She's a '97, Sejeong unnie told me."

Nayoung unnie shrugged. I smiled at her and pulled her arm, entering inside the hospital. Jung Chaeyeon. A minute ago, she said that she didn't want to have friends, but now, she said to call her by her name. 

I think I'm falling for her even more.