Chapter 12

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Chaeyeon's POV

"Chaeyeon!" I heard someone call my name. I turned to the direction of where the person called me and forced a smile. Heehyun unnie was waving at me as she got up from her seat.

I jogged over there and went to a seat from the opposite side. She gestured me to sit down, so I did. She took a menu, "I chose this café because I heard there were a lot of strawberry beverages. You still like them, don't you?"

I nodded and stopped a nearby waiter, "Can I get one strawberry and banana smoothie?"

He bowed and made his way inside the café. I placed down the menu on the table and sighed, "I'm not here because I want us to get back together. I'm here because I need help deciding what to do for my current girlfriend's birthday, which is today."

She took a long sigh, "I know that, Chaeyeon. I'm sorry if that incident ever hurt your feelings."

I gave her a glare, "It did, Heehyun unnie. But I'm over that already. I'm starting a new life, a life without you."

She gave me a playful smile, "Well, that hurt."

She stopped for a moment, squeezing her hands together, "But, sometimes, I feel like I miss you."

She looked at me, "Can't we ever get back together, Chaeyeon? I promise I won't ever cheat on you again."

I gave her a cold look, "If it was already the past me, I would've forgave you. But now, I'm a different Chaeyeon, and I do not forgive people easily, Heehyun unnie."

She laughed a bit, "I was just joking. I would never do that to your current girlfriend. Her name was Zhou Kyulkyung, right?"

I nodded. The waiter came back with my smoothie and bowed politely, "Enjoy your beverages."

Heehyun unnie took a sip of her iced latte before speaking, "You're different from the Chaeyeon I used to know. You used to be tiny, shy, scared, kind, and cute, but now you're like cold, mean, calm, serious, and pretty."

I took a sip of my smoothie, "Well, the reason why I changed is because of you."

She forced a smile, "Yeah, part of it is my fault."

I raised my eyebrow at her, making her surrender in defeat, "Okay, maybe all of it is my fault."

She then cleared , "So, what can I do to help you?"

I sighed, "Since my current girlfriend took me somewhere to go for my birthday, I want to repay her back by celebrating her birthday today. And I'm sure you'll make this quick."

Heehyun unnie nodded, "Well, you could always take her to somewhere she likes."

I sighed, "She likes a lot of stuff."

Heehyun unnie remained quiet for a moment. She then took another sip of her iced latte, "Or, you could ask her what she wants and do that for her."

I blinked my eyes, "Are you suggesting what I did in the past?"

She nodded, "I mean, it might work."

I nodded and sighed. Just then, a notification came up on my phone. I opened my phone and looked at Kyulkyung's message.

Kyulkyungie: Chaeyeon unnie?

I smiled at her text, but sighed as she was interrupting me and Heehyun unnie.

Me: Yes, Kyulkyung? Do you need anything? I'm kind of busy right now.

Kyulkyungie: Sorry if I ever bothered you, but I just felt lonely.

I made a pout in my mind. I felt bad for leaving Kyulkyung alone, but to get rid of that, I needed ideas to celebrate her birthday.

Me: As much as I want to be with you, Kyulkyung, I am kind of busy.

Kyulkyungie: I see, I shall not bother you anymore. It's just that, lately you've been spending less time being with me.

I wanted to go by her side and hug her, apologizing her that I was sorry, but I tried to make her feel better.

Me: I'm sorry, Kyulkyung. I didn't mean to be like that to you. It's just that, I'm busy with something, but I promise you that after I'm done with my work, I'll spend way more time with you, so don't get upset, okay?

"Is there something wrong, Chaeyeon?" Heehyun unnie asked.

I blinked my eyes and put away my phone, "Nothing. Just some texts from my friend."

I felt a buzz, knowing that it was from Kyulkyung, but I ignored it. Another buzz came after the other buzz and Heehyun unnie raised her eyebrow, "You seem to be getting a lot of texts from that friend of yours. You should check to see what they want from you."

I nodded and looked at my phone.

Kyulkyungie: O-Okay. What are you doing anyway that's so important?

The next one, I almost fainted.

Kyulkyungie: So you were actually meeting up with your ex-girlfriend? Are you cheating on me? Why are you doing this to me? Why did you lie to me? You told me on the day that we started dating that all you ever did to her was a peck on the forehead, but from what I saw, you had your first kiss with her? Why are you doing this to me? Did I ever do anything to you that made you have to do this to me? Was it wrong to confess my love to you that day? Was it wrong for me to ever love you? I thought you were an angel after we met each other, but now, I think you're just a devil. I thought I actually loved you, not only because of your beauty, but your personality too. Now I feel disgusted by you that I don't want to look at you anymore! Now I feel like I don't love you anymore!

I had a heart attack. Yes, I was meeting with my ex-girlfriend. No, I'm not cheating on you. I'm not doing this to you. I'm sorry if I lied. That was true, the only time we shared skin contact with each other was a peck on the forehead. No, you didn't do anything to me. It wasn't wrong to confess your love to me that day. It wasn't wrong for you to love me. I'm sorry if I ruined my image. You did love me. Please don't feel disgusted by me. Please don't stop loving me.

I responded back to her.

Me: K-Kyulkyung?! Where are you?!

Kyulkyungie: I'm right in front of you, unnie.

I turned to face my front. Then, I saw her, looking at her with a shocked expression. Heehyun unnie asked, "Is it her, Chaeyeon?"

I didn't listen to her, but only got up from my seat. I looked at her with sad eyes as she showed me her tears. I started to run to her, but she turned away and ran away from me. I yelled her name multiple times, but ended up choking as tears dropped down. She didn't stop and ended up in the middle of the road, a truck beeping at her action. I yelled at her with fear, telling her to get away, but she didn't. She stood there, typing something onto her phone before the truck touched her. She collapsed with her eyes closed tightly and touched the ground's surface. I ran to her with tears and hugged her tightly. Blood came out from her head, and it was pouring out fast. I wasn't scared though. Her blood felt hot, as if she had a fever.

My tears began to mix up with her blood, turning it into a brighter red. I touched her face and left out a word, "Why?"

Heehyun unnie came to my side and patted my back, "Chaeyeon."

I lowered my head, making my hair get covered in Kyulkyung's blood, "Leave, Heehyun unnie. Before I over react and get out of control."

Heehyung unnie nodded and walked away, "Sorry, Chaeyeon."

I didn't listen to her and continued to cry. The ambulance eventually came and picked up Kyulkyung. I walked behind them quietly, continuing to cry. I went inside the ambulance with Kyulkyung and they took us to the hospital. We reached the hospital in a matter of seconds and they immediately took her to the E.R. I sat down in the hallway and continued to cry, as Kyulkyung's blood covered me. Sejeong unnie, Chungha unnie, and Nayoung unnie came running over to my side.

"What happened?!" Sejeong unnie asked.

I winced at her yelling, "She got in an accident."

Chungha unnie sat beside me, "Drama happened, I suppose?"

I nodded and looked at her with worried eyes, "Unnie, are you sure that you and Nayoung unnie won't get found out? The game's still-"

Chungha unnie stopped me, "Now, we don't really care about the game. The important thing is that Kyulkyung is safe and sound."

I rubbed my eyes and looked at my shirt. It was covered with Kyulkyung's bright red blood, while my pants were stained by my dirty hands and tears.

Nayoung unnie handed me a wet towel, "First, clean yourself. Then change into some spare clothes that I brought. Then, we'll see if Kyulkyung is all right or not."

I nodded and cleaned my face with the wet towel. Then I took the clothes away from Nayoung unnie's hands and went to the dressing room. After I was done changing, I went to the hallway, only to see the door of the E.R opened. I quickly ran inside there, only to see the three unnies by Kyulkyung's side. I went over to Kyulkyung's available side, only to see her still unconscious. I looked at Sejeong unnie for an answer.

She shook her head, "She's going to be unconscious for a while. Some of the E.R doctors predict that she'll lose her memories by the time she wakes up."

Tears started to form and landed on my lap. Chungha unnie patted my back while Nayoung unnie held my hand. I looked at Kyulkyung's lifeless body and cursed myself. I'm sorry, Kyulkyung. I should've just asked you what you wanted to do on your birthday. I took out my phone to see one last notification. I pressed on it and made my tears come out even more.

Kyulkyungie: I hate you.

Don't hate me, Kyulkyung. I didn't mean to hurt you. I should've not met Heehyun unnie again. I shouldn't have tried to miss Heehyun unnie again. I went to my photos and deleted every picture of her. I stopped on the last picture, looking at Heehyun unnie kiss the girl whom she cheated on me with. Kyulkyung must've mistaken that for me, because that's not me at all. It's just a girl who looked like me from an angle. I held onto Kyulkyung's hand as I deleted that last picture.

I really love you, Kyulkyung. I truly do.