Chapter 18

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV 

"Kyulkyung!" Nayoung unnie called my name as she ran closer to me. I stopped walking and sighed, "What, Nayoung unnie?"

She stopped to catch her breath, "Why did you say that to Chaeyeon? She didn't deserve it!"

I gave her a glare, "She did, Nayoung unnie. She was the one who made me become like this."

I couldn't help it anymore and let my tears fall down, "She broke my heart, and I wish my mom, dad, sister, and brother were here to help me."

Nayoung unnie softened, "Kyulkyung."

I wiped the tears off my face and shook my head, "But nothing's going to change my mind right now. Even if my parents and siblings were here."

"They are always here for you no matter what, Kyulkyung," Nayoung unnie replied in a gentle tone.

I shook my head with an expressionless face, "They were here for me. Not anymore, though."

I walked away from her and went to the dressing room to change. After I finished changing, I went to start on my shift. The day was over, so I began to walk to the exit, only to see Chaeyeon unnie walk in front of me. Her eyes seemed to catch me, but I remained silent and kept a distance away from her. She stopped and I could hear a ringtone. She took out her phone and began talking, "Yes, Heehyun unnie? Do you need anything?"

I winced at Chaeyeon unnie calling her ex's name. How it still hurts to hear her get along with her ex.

Wait. Why am I saying this? I should be mad at her and not dare to go back to her, begging for forgiveness.

"Yeah, but I don't want to talk about that right now," she replied back. I raised my eyebrow.

What is she talking about? Is it about that accident or is it something else?

She took a deep sigh, "I know, Heehyun unnie. You've always said that. But it's too late."

I smiled a bit. At least it looks like she isn't going to give another chance to her ex. Bad Kyulkyung. You shouldn't think like this at all. I stopped smiling and remained expressionless.

"Sure, tell them I said hi too," she replied back with a small smile on her lips.

I cursed myself for acting like this. Shut up, Kyulkyung. Don't let your desire take you over.

I turned to look at Chaeyeon unnie with a glare, only to see her open slightly. She closed and took her phone away from her ear. Her head was about to turn to my direction, so I continued to give her a glare. She saw my glare and looked at her phone for a moment before looking at me again. She waved her hands all over the place with a nervous look, "It's not what it looks like!"

I rolled my eyes in return, "Yeah, it's not what it looks like. Like that will convince me."

I then walked away with an expressionless face until I was far away from her. I blinked my eyes as I walked, forcing myself to stop the tears from coming out continuously. But they just wouldn't listen and continued to do as they wished. I eventually reached my apartment and soaked my tears on my pillow. Her unique strawberry scent was gone, because of my painful tears. As time passed, my eyes began to close, but all I could think about was holding her hands again...

THE NEXT DAY...

I opened my eyes and got up from my bed. I was still in my clothes from yesterday. I always was, ever since I kicked Chaeyeon unnie out of my apartment. I went inside the bathroom and squeezed toothpaste onto my toothbrush. I began scrubbing my teeth and poured sink water in my mouth. I spit the water out of my mouth into the sink, looking at it go down the drain. I washed my face and changed into new clothes. I threw yesterday's clothes into the laundry basket and applied makeup on my face. I don't apply too much, just enough for people to recognize myself instantly. I grabbed my bag and keys, heading to the door. I closed the door gently, locking it like a sloth. 

I walked outside to the bus stop and waited for the bus to come. I took an empty seat and stared outside the window the whole time. The bus stopped near the hospital and I got off, walking as slowly as I possibly could. I entered inside the hospital and went straight to the dressing room to change. After I finished changing, I went to start on my shift. Lunch break came quickly before I knew it. I didn't bring anything to eat, so I grabbed a random bowl of kimchi ramen from the hospital's kitchen. I followed the instructions to cook the ramen. I went over to an empty table and sat down, digging into my ramen.

A shadow appeared and I heard a chair being pulled out. I looked up to see Chaeyeon unnie smile with her lunch. She took a seat and began to eat. I gave her my glare, "What are you doing here for?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here eating lunch with my fellow doctor," she said before eating her bibimbap.

I rolled my eyes, "Clearly, there a lot more empty tables to sit down and eat besides this one."

She looked at me innocently, "Don't you know the term, sharing is caring?"

I remained silent and continued eating. She smiled and looked at my ramen, "Would you like some of my bibimbap?"

I looked at her bibimbap and felt my saliva almost coming out of my mouth, but I shook my head and continued to eat my ramen.

She looked worried as she kept staring at me with her eyes. She sighed and remained silent as she continued to look at me with her eyes. She finally spoke, "Kyulkyung? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" I asked with an irritated tone.

"That you lost your parents and siblings in a car crash."

I blinked my eyes at her and whispered, "How did you know?"

She bit her lower lip, "Nayoung unnie told me about it yesterday."

I didn't expect Nayoung unnie to tell Chaeyeon unnie about this. I cleared my throat and held in my tears, "What do you know about them?"

She looked at me with sad eyes, "I do know, Kyulkyung. I know everything."

I lowered my head, "Don't ever talk to me again."

I stood up with my empty bowl and was about to leave until a hand held my wrist tightly. I looked at her, "Let go of my hand."

"Why?" she asked, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Why what?" I asked back, trying to make her let go of my wrist, but she held on more tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked, tears starting to fall down.

I scoffed, "Do I have to tell you everything?"

She looked hurt, "I told you about my past, why didn't you?"

I then looked at her with anger in my eyes, "You lied, that's for sure!"

She complained, "I swear, what you saw that day was a misunderstanding!"

I forcefully took my wrist away from her, but she continued to hold onto it, "Leave me alone."

She held my wrist less tightly, I saw this as an opportunity, so I took my wrist away from her, massaging it gently. I walked away from her, but I could hear her cry silently. I let my tears fall down for a moment before wiping them away.

I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you at that time, but I couldn't bring myself to say it. Just leave me alone right now. I can't handle all of this anymore.

If you truly love me, please leave me alone.