Chapter 19

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Chaeyeon's POV

ONE WEEK LATER...

"Attention, doctors from all present buildings. The 26th annual IOI Love Game has officially begun today. Good luck to all for the next month. Thank you for your attention."

I sighed and walked into my office. I slumped into my chair and tapped my pen repeatedly on the desk. Sejeong unnie entered inside my office with a smile, "How are things going with Kyulkyung?"

"Do you even have to ask, Sejeong unnie? It's obvious that she's still mad at me."

She shrugged back, "She's definitely not gonna talk to you this whole month. It's a disadvantage for you."

I sighed, "I know that."

She smiled and patted me on the back gently, "Don't worry, Chaeyeon. She'll eventually come back to you."

"How do you know that?" I asked with the lack of confidence in my voice.

She softened, "Because I've gone through this already. And she came back to me again."

I looked at her with gentle eyes, "Was it Chungha unnie?"

She nodded and patted on my back normally, "I know she'll come back to you. She's Zhou Kyulkyung, the cutie visual who still loves you as much as you do."

"Are you sure?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

She laughed, "How can I not know? I've known her for years more than you do."

"True," I agreed back.

She headed for the door, "Anyways, she will come to you. And I'm always right because I'm Kim Sejeong, the ahjussi who's an excellent matchmaker when it comes to these situations."

I laughed, "Thank you, Sejeong unnie."

She showed her signature eye smile, "No problem, Chaeyeon."

She left the room while humming a tune. I sighed and got up with confidence.

I will get you back one day, Zhou Kyulkyung. Mark my words...

THREE WEEKS LATER...

Nothing works. I can't interact with her at the hospital, but when I try to do it outside, she gives me a glare and walks away, uninterested in anything I do. I could only sigh and try to hold in my tears, but eventually my eyes give up and start pouring tears out. At least this was the last week of the game, that way I'll have more chances to interact with her.

I was just working normally one day, until I got a phone call from someone.

"Yes, Heehyun unnie?" I asked with no enthusiasm in my voice.

"Hey, Chaeyeon! Why so sad?" she asked, clearly full of energy.

"I'm not," I denied back.

"Well, I have a surprise for you. Go outside to the entrance. I have a big surprise that will light up your day."

I rolled my eyes with a smile, "Really?"

"Just go outside," she said and hung up on me.

I sighed and made my way out to the entrance. There was nothing though, so I just looked at my phone and cursed myself for believing her, until a pair of hands were on my shoulders, "Boo!"

I turned around and sighed out of relief, holding onto my heart, "Heehyun unnie, you scared the heck out of me!"

She smiled proudly, "Yes! Finally, I scared you!"

She made a fist pump, making me smile and laugh, "Cut the act, Heehyun unnie. What do you want?"

She frowned, "I came here to help fix this problem of yours and you don't thank me?"

I crossed my arms, "I'm listening."

She could only sigh, "I'm going to need that Kyulkyung of yours."

From the corner of my eyes, I could see a figure that I was familiar with. And she was giving me a glare, about to burst into flames. She walked right up to me and slapped my cheek. I held onto my cheek and looked at her with frightened eyes, "Kyulkyung?!"

The announcer from three weeks ago saw us and marked something away from her board, "Minus one point away from the pediatrics building."

She wouldn't even care less, because she was screaming and yelling in my face, "You are really mean! Don't you dare do that in front of me with your ex!"

"Minus another point away from the pediatrics building."

"Uh, her ex has a name, you know," Heehyun unnie replied, but I gave her a glare to shut her up. I continued to hold onto my cheek that was red, "You didn't have to slap me!"

"Minus one point away from the surgery building."

She looked angry enough, until Heehyun unnie came and stopped the both of us, "Zhou Kyulkyung, isn't it? How I wanted to meet you."

Kyulkyung gave her a hidden glare, "Do you need something, Chaeyeon unnie's ex?"

Heehyun unnie forced a smile, "My name is Ki Heehyun. May I talk to you for a bit? Maybe not here but somewhere else where you can contain your anger inside of you?"

She rolled her eyes, "Fine. Wait for me."

She walked away to the dressing room, continuing to give me a glare. A few minutes later, she got out with her casual clothes and walked to Heehyun unnie, "Where do we go?"

Heehyun unnie gestured Kyulkyung to go in front of her, "Maybe at a café to discuss this."

She began walking with Kyulkyung, but I caught her wink that was saying everything will be alright. But it wasn't. My cheek was still hurting from the impact and I felt that Kyulkyung really did hate me. I ran to my office and began to make a call in the front office, "Excuse me? I would like to have a day off today."

"I see. We'll mark your absence. Have a wonderful day off."

I went to the dressing room and changed into my casual clothes. As I was walking, Sejeong unnie caught me, still in her surgeon outfit, "Chaeyeon?"

I forced a smile at her, "Sorry, Sejeong unnie. I don't feel good today. Maybe tomorrow."

I continued to walk, with Sejeong unnie still looking at me from far away with a confused look. I went back to my apartment, locked the door, changed into my pajamas, and laid on the bed with tears coming out. I continued to massage my cheek which was still red, indicating that her slap was hard. I covered myself with the blanket, all the way up to my head and silently cried.

Kyulkyung, why are you doing this to me?