Chapter 20

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV

We ended up at the usual cafe Chaeyeon unnie and I used to go to. A waitress came with the menu. Ms. Heehyun smiled at the waitress, "Iced latte please."

The waitress nodded and looked at me with a bright smile, "What about you, miss?"

I smiled back at her, "Strawberry latte."

The waitress nodded, taking the menu away with her. I sighed and looked at Ms. Heehyun, who was smiling from ear to ear, "I never knew you liked the same things as Chaeyeon does."

I shrugged, "Well, I can drink whatever I want, right?"

She forced a smile at me, "I didn't mean to upset you."

She stopped smiling and looked at me seriously, "Are you still mad at Chaeyeon?"

I rolled my eyes, "Not just mad, but disappointed, too."

She sighed, "That day was a misunderstanding, you see."

The waitress came back with our lattes, "Enjoy your drinks."

I took a sip of my strawberry latte, "Was it? It didn't look like it to me."

She looked disappointed, "It's time for you to stop acting childish."

I scoffed at her, "Me? Acting childish? How rude! I'm not acting childish! She's the one who's acting-"

"She's not," Ms. Heehyun talked back.

"What do you mean she's not?" I complained.

She sighed, "Really, you are acting childish. She never meant to get back with me. She was just meeting up with me for help."

"For what?" I asked.

"For your birthday," she said gently.

"For my... birthday?" I questioned her.

She nodded, "She didn't know what to do. She asked everyone else for help, but they were all busy. She came to me and asked for help instead. She even told me that she was starting a new life without me."

"She... did?" I asked her, not believing anything she just said.

"She did. She was very scared at that time of losing you. She cried so much that it was hard to talk to her. Luckily, her fellow doctors were there to help her."

"Well, she could've just asked me," I said with a scoff.

Ms. Heehyun softened, "But she didn't know. She was too caught up on making your birthday the best. She suffered one year without you by her side. When you woke up, she was so happy, literally she wanted to talk with you again, but she forgot about reality."

"Because I lost my memories of her," I finished the sentence.

"Right," she said and took a long sip of her iced latte.

"What did you think Chaeyeon was doing with me?"

"I thought that she was going to leave me with you forever," I suddenly answered, tears starting to form.

"Why would you think that?" Ms. Heehyun asked kindly.

"Because I saw pictures of her and you kissing, even though she said that the only time you guys shared skin contact was a peck on the forehead."

She let out a chuckle, "Did you think I would do something to her inappropriately?"

I hesitated for a moment, but nodded. She smiled warmly, "How could I do something like that to her when she was still innocent and pure?"

I blinked my eyes at her in disbelief, "What did you just describe her? Innocent and pure?"

She sighed, "Well, she's changed alright. But before she came here, she used to be innocent, cute, pure, kind, and sweet. I was caught in her charms and asked her out. I was so happy when she accepted my confession, because I thought that she would just reject it. We had many dates and happy moments."

She remained silent for a minute, "But one day, it just didn't work out."

"The day where you cheated on her?" I asked quietly.

She nodded, "Honestly, I don't know why I did that. It's just, one day I loved her with all my heart, the next day my heart stopped pounding so much in front of her. That's when I knew I stopped loving her so much than I would normally did."

She smiled, "But I am thankful that you gave her a new life without me. She was so depressed that she acted cold and mean towards you in the beginning, right?"

I nodded, "Very."

"Anyways, onto the topic. She did have pictures of me and her during our dates, but the one I cheated with sent a picture to her, telling her to back away from me."

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

She sighed, "Chaeyeon did. She was so heartbroken, but I even wondered why she still kept that photo. She eventually resigned and transferred to another hospital. When I found out about it, I stopped talking to the one I cheated with. I wanted to get back with Chaeyeon, but I knew that it was impossible. She's not the type to turn back so easily, instead she keeps going forward. That was one of the reasons why I didn't ask for her forgiveness. Also, my heart told me to stop loving her, because she wasn't just the same when I fell for her."

She took a deep breath, "That's why I want you to go back to her and stop pretending to be mad at her."

"H-How did you know?" I stuttered.

She smirked, "Please, I knew you were trying to piss Chaeyeon. Looks like it worked."

"I was also truly mad at her too," I mumbled.

She laughed, "I can tell. Now that you know what's truly going on, get back to her. Ask her for forgiveness. I bet she was shattered to pieces when you slapped her hard. Repair her heart again. Not the same heart she had before, but turn it into a more passionate one that will grow bigger and bigger as time passes."

She got up and pulled my chair gently. I stood up and looked at her.

"Go," she whispered into my ear.

"Go make her the happiest woman in the whole wide world."

I nodded and ran outside, leaving Ms. Heehyun alone at the café. Tears started to evaporate as I ran. Stopping at the traffic light, I dialed Sejeong unnie's number.

"Kyulkyung?" she asked, clearly surprised.

"Sejeong unnie, where's Chaeyeon unnie?" I asked.

"She went home. Why?" Sejeong unnie asked.

"I'll tell you later! Thanks unnie!" I said quickly.

"But-" Sejeong unnie started, but it was too late because I shut her off. The light was green, so I ran to her apartment and stopped for air. I rang on her bell multiple times until I heard heavy footsteps coming closer from the other side of the door.

"Yes?" I could hear Chaeyeon unnie's voice choking because of her tears.

"I'm here," I whispered, but I doubt she heard me.

She opened the door and was surprised to see me, "Kyulkyung?"

I hugged her gently, but firmly and whispered into her ear with tears.

"I'm sorry, Chaeyeon unnie. I'm sorry."