Episode 5

Have we met before?

Jungyeon POV

Damn, what happen to me? What was that all about? I been watching her crying and keep mumbling sorry. Why do I feel like, I want to hug her and let her forget about everything. When I hold her hand I feel like I know these feelings before, when I was with him. It the same feelings. Who are you you?

Maybe I try to get to know about her and be friend with her. I feel calm and ease around her.

Class end. I bid farewell to Nayeon and Chaeyoung. I bet both of them looking confuse. I rush to the bus stop and saw her again.

you.

I was trying to be her friend since I eagerly want to know about her.

“Hey.” I said and walk towards her.

She look surprised and trying to avoid looking at me.

“What wrong?” I ask.

“Nothing, it just that you suddenly appear right in front of me again.” I chuckle.

“Don’t worry, I just want to be friend with you.” I said and she just nod.

The bus have arrive she went inside in a rush and sit at the back near the window.

Look like she avoiding me. Is something wrong?

Luckily the sit next to her is vacant. As I getting near she pretend to put her stuff next to her like she doesn’t want to sit with me. Seriously!

I feel annoyed when she doing that but I shrugged it off and sit right in front of her seat.

“Am I doing something wrong?” I ask bluntly and she look surprise.

Bingo.

“Uh, no.” she said shortly.

“Then why are you avoiding me?” I ask again. It feel like I’m torturing her asking random question.

She look agitated.

She sigh. “Nothing, it just that I feel a bit weird around you.” She said and shut suddenly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to offend you.” She said again and bow to me.

“What is mean by weird is…..”

“That’s okay. I understand. I’m just a stranger who just lost her boyfriend suddenly asking some random question to you. I’m sorry if you feel uncomfortable around me. Nice talking to you.” I said and pretend to listen a music.

I feel hurt when she said that.  Maybe she hate me or something.

 

you POV

I didn’t mean to offend her. It just I feel weird around her. What I meant with weird is my heart beat rapidly whenever she’s near and I try to stop it but nothing work. What’s wrong with me? I hope she didn’t feel hurt when I said that. I think it normal to beat like that because I never have a friend before. Yes, maybe because of that. I think positively and try to talk with her again. I took a deep breath. Here I go.

I tap her shoulder to get her attention. She take off her headphone and look at me waiting for me to speak.

Wow she really look beautiful. Wait, What the?

“Umm, I’m sorry for saying that I wasn’t supposed to say. Please don’t be mad.” I said and her face change, she smiling.

Ba thump. Sh*t not again.

I felt nervous but I try to fight these feelings.

“That’s okay. I understand.” She said.

That it. Another awkward moment again. I don’t know what to say anymore. I feel embarrass thinking about it.

“Here.” She turned around and offer the pepero stick from earlier.

I gladly accept it.

“Thank you.” I told her.

“I’m sorry if you didn’t get a chance to buy these earlier. I just feel like wanted to eat it today.” She told me.

“That’s okay, at least you share it.” I told her.

She smile but doesn’t really look happy.

She need to smile. I don’t know what happen to her boyfriend before. But, I want to make her smile again.

 

At home

“Mom, is it normal for the heart to beat unusual near someone?” I ask.

“Huh, what do you mean?” mom ask.

“My heart beat umm, I don’t know unusual today whenever this person come near me.” I told her.

“Ooohh, someone is in love.” Mom said and I confuse.

“In love? What is that supposed to mean?” I ask again.

“It is normal for human to fall in love.” Mom told me.

“Even if it a girl?” I ask and mom look surprise.

“A girl you said?” she ask and I nod.

“Well, *cough* if that what you feel. I can’t do anything about it. It’s your own feeling. If you’re happy, mom and dad will be happy too.” Mom said and makes me smiling.

“Thank you mom for supporting me.” I told her and hug her.

 

Next day

Another day, another life. I woke up when the sun rays shining in my room which make me awake. I took a shower, wearing a casual attire and having breakfast. As usual I walk to the bus stop. I look at the sweet shop but it was close today. I didn’t get a chance to buy snacks today so I’m a bit sad.

“Hey.” Someone tap my shoulder.

I felt my body jolt with the sudden touch. Damn, I might get heart attack because of these.

I turned around and there she is right behind me.

“Please don’t do that.” I told her and she almost chuckle.

“You’re funny.” She said and my face is full with embarrassment.

“Look behind you.” I told her and she turn back.

“What, where?” she said and when she about to turn around I point my finger near her cheek and poke her. She look surprise when I .

“That what you get for surprising me earlier.” I almost chuckle but her face show something else like startle or shocked maybe.

She stand there and keep staring at me. I look at her confuse and waving in front of her to get her attention.

“Are you okay? It is hurt when I poke?” I ask. “I think I just cut my nail so it won’t be hurt at all.” I told her.

“Wh- why are you doing that?” she ask.

“I’m sorry if you hate it. I won’t do it again.” I told her, scared that she might hate when I did that.

“That okay.” She said.

Again the awkward moment. Silent time.

 

Jungyeon POV

The way she tease me, it the same just like him. He always does that whenever I . That how he always get his revenge on me. Poking my cheek. Wake up Jungyeon. He is no longer in this world. Try to forget everything and move on now. But, I try and nothing work. I really miss him. His warmth, his silliness, smile and everything. I sigh.

The bus has arrive, I saw her getting into the bus and sit at the back as usual like yesterday. But, this time she didn’t put her stuff next to her. I walk toward her and sit next to you. There she is avoiding looking at me again.

What wrong with this girl. Am I that weird around her?

I just ignore it but I keep stealing glance at her. She just keep watching outside without moving her head. Don’t she get a cramp later?

“Yah, your head will be hurt if you keep turning that way for too long.” I told her.

No answer and only humming from her can be heard.

Now you ignoring me again. Why this kid. I just don’t understand. Earlier she tease me and now she just ignoring and worse like I was not exist at all.

“Hey, look at me.” I said annoyed and tapped her.

She turn to me slowly and I saw her face at least.

“Are you okay?” I ask and she just nod.

“Are you sick?” I ask and she said no.

“Don’t you feel hurt lo-…”

“Why do you care about me?” She cut me off.

“Is it wrong?” I ask.

“Not really. But please stop asking me question.” She said in serious tone.

This brat sure seem rude. What wrong with her? Are you bipolar?

I sigh when she acting like that. I just don’t understand her. A few minutes she was okay and after that she look like a crazy girl.

 

you POV

Oh my god. What did I just do? I just feel guilty when teasing her earlier. Worried that she might hate me for doing that. I hope that I didn’t hurt her feelings again. I didn’t meant to say that but it just, why does she have to worry about me. I like it when she care for me but I don’t want to get my hopes high. Sh*t, I might falling in love with her just like mom said. As usual my heartbeat crazily whenever she’s around me. Stop it, her boyfriend just died few months ago and you expect to get a chance for her. How idiot of me.

Damn, this is one long ride to the university.

“Am I doing something wrong that make you hate me?” she ask again.

“I don’t hate you. It just uh- forget it. It not easy to tell you just like that. First of all, I’m sorry for what I did just now. Don’t be offended, I didn’t really mean it.” I told her and apologizing to her.

She just hug me out of nowhere.

“I thought you hate me or something.” She said and I just felt like my heart are about to burst.

Oh sh*t. Please don’t do this to me heart. Please~.

I push her so she won’t hear my heartbeat.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t used to hug or these touching thingy.” I lied.

Her face look rather hurt. Oh damn, what the hell is wrong with me. Please stop doing this to me.

“Oh, sorry to make you uncomfortable.” She said and pretend to be okay and I know she really felt offended.

I don’t know how many apologetic word I have given to her today. Countless perhaps.

 

At class, it still early, some of the students are already arrive. Me as usual trying to avoid her and she keep following me from behind. I stop, she also stop. I walk and so she is. I run and she too. I sighed. I sat at the back of the class and so she is sitting next to me, again.

“Yah, Jungyeon, we wait for you at the place as usual and you don’t even text us that you’re in the class already.” Said someone.

Who are they? Maybe it her friends.

“I forgot.” She told them.

Wow, what a really short answer.

“Who is that person you sitting next to with?” her friend ask.

“She’s a friend.” She told them.

I suddenly stand up and bow to them “Hy, I’m you.”

“Friend? Are you serious? Jungyeon, let us borrow her for a while.” Her friend said and I look really confuse.

Someone tell me what just happen.

Both of her friend drag me to outside and start asking me countless question.

Not again, question.

“How do you be friend with her?”

“How do you guys met?”

“How long have you guys known each other?”

Everything was how you, how that, I surrender.

“Stop! One question at a time please. That too much of question in one breath.” I told them.

Both of them apologize to me. What in the world everyone apologizing today.

“Sorry to make you uneasy. First of all, Im Nayeon and this midget next to me is Chaeyoung.” She said and receive a glare from her friend.

I really wanted to run away. Question and question and again a nonstop question. Oh my god.

“How do you make her talk to you?” Nayeon ask.

“Umm, I don’t really know, she’s the first to start a conversation with me.” I told them and both of them hug me suddenly. Just a friendly hug.

Even her friend like skinship but I felt different. It like my heartbeat just act normal than usually is.

“You.” Nayeon said and I look at her confuse.

“What?” I ask.

“It’s you.” She said again.

“What? Someone explain to me what going on here?” I ask again.

“Please change her back.” Both of them said.

“What do you mean?” I ask again.

“Please change her like the way she was before, because a few months ago her…”

“Boyfriend died in a car crash.” I cut her off and she look surprised.

“Ho- how”

“I know from the lady at the sweet shop. Jungyeon was there too at that time and the cashier told me about her.” I told them and both of them nod understand.

“She barely talk with us but she still hang out with us but not like before. She been haunted by guiltiness. But you, she even sit next to you and admit that you are her friend. You know since the accident only both of us are her friends, the others she act like a stranger or worse enemy.” She said.

“I can’t promise you guys.” I told them and again they hug me again feeling thankful.

Oh my god. I didn’t agree with them but. Sigh

“Hey, what make you so long?” when I turned around its Jungyeon.

“Uhh, nothing, we just want to be friend with you too.” Said Nayeon and Chaeyoung agree with her.

She look at me as if they are telling the truth. I look at them and they look with their begging puppy eyes.

I sigh. I nod at her and smiling.

“Great, you guys know her and now stay away from her. I don’t want her to get annoying virus from you guys.” She said and I look surprised when she said that.

“Don’t worry, she’s only joking.” Said Nayeon and pat her head.

“Hmph!” and she walk away.

“See, you know what we mean right? She acting cold towards both of us but we know she only doing that because she need some space to forget about her boyfriend.” Said Nayeon and I just nod understand at her.

I don’t see that she is joking. She look mad or rather hate towards them both.

 

At the classroom

I walk towards her and sit right next to her since my stuff was still there. She look pissed or rather angry. I think I know why.

“Why are you talking to them?” she ask suddenly.

“Huh?” I look at her confused.

“Don’t act like you don’t know. Stop talking with them.” She said a bit angry.

“Why? What did they do that you for being cold towards them?” I ask.

“WHY YOU ASK?” she shout suddenly which make me startle when she does that. Everyone in the room look to both of us. I apologize to them and walk away.

I was shocked when she suddenly shout to me. I went to the rooftop to get a fresh air. I look so pathetic right now. I sigh.

Why did I accept this from beginning? If only I don’t talk with them, nothing will happen like this.

What wrong with her. I thought Nayeon and Chaeyoung are her best friends. Why did she hate them so much?

I can’t believe I just skip morning class today. That’s okay. It just one class. Maybe.

 

Jungyeon POV

I’m not angry.

I’m not angry.

I’m not angry.

I'm just losing my temper for a bit. I think.....

I took a deep breath and thinking that I’m not angry. Damn, I bet you is startle earlier when I shout at her.

I should apologize. But, where is she? I just realize that she’s skip morning class. Am I really that angry?

Of course, you idiot she won’t be running away because of that.

I think I know where she is.

 

At the rooftop

Yup, I'm right. She is here.

Oh no, is she crying? Again? 

Serve you right Jungyeon. That what you get for making her crying. How stupid of me.

Should I apologize or give her some space?

Help me anyone.

 

 


I'm really, really, really like really, really sorry for the freaking late like very late updates.

As you guys know, I got a whole lot busier these past few months and today I try my best to update another stories.

Please don't kill me (X-X).

Anyways, what should Jungyeon need to do? Anyone can give any ideas?

Thank you for supporting my stories.

And again Sorry for the really late updates. 

Zanmoo Out .V.