Episode 4

Have we met before?

you POV

Flashback years ago.

“Mom, I don’t want to go to the hospital today. Please. I don’t want to get a shot today.” I sigh.

“Please sweetheart, its only one shot and you will be healthy again.” Said mom.

“But.” I said.

“No but, come on. Let’s go. You don’t want to make the doctor waiting for you isn’t it.” Said mom and I sigh.

At the hospital

“Hello there, you. How are you feeling today? Great?” said the doctor with a bit short figure with a nametag (KMS).

“I hope so.” I told him.

“What did I said about coming into my room. I want a happy face not a grumpy old man face.” He joke.

“I just hate to get another shot again.” I told him.

“Aww, is my sweet little pie is scared to get a shot. I thought you really strong.” He joked again.

“I’m strong! But not today.” I said.

“Are you sick?” he ask.

He check my temperature and while waiting he give me a pepero stick but I decline. When he check my temperature, I was in a good condition. He sigh in relived.

“I was told to avoid eating snack. You’re a doctor you should know.” I said.

“Eating one stick won’t hurt.” He said and I actually agree with it.

As I take the stick from him and it actually good.

“Don’t tell anybody or I will be doomed. He said acting scared.

I laugh at his silliness.

“I always seen you bringing a pack of pepero. Do you really like it? I ask.

“Like? No, I actually love it because it make me remember about this certain person.

“Certain person? Ah, you mean you girlfriend?” I said and he look blush.

“Yeah, I was about to propose her to marriage on her birthday.” He said and I feel happy for him.

“That’s nice.” I told him.

“Isn’t it. She may be look cold from the outside but deep inside and know she actually a nice person.” He said and his face look so proud talking about her.

“How long have you been together?” I ask.

“We know for almost 6 years and we start dating 4 years ago.” He said proudly again.

“Hope both of you will be happy in the future.” I told him.

“I’m sure we will.” He said but his face look kind a worried.

“Are you okay doctor? You don’t look so good today?” I ask when he look a bit pale.

“I’m fine. Just a bit tired.” He said.

“Doctor, can I ask something?” I ask and he nod.

“How long will I be alive?” I ask.

Shock and guilty can be seen on his face. I bet the answer will be not what I expected.

“You can live as long as you can while you still be healthy. Don’t forget to get a shot because it will make you strong again. Don’t be sad okay. You will get a new heart before you know it.” He said giving a positive vibe from him.

I smile and him hoping that I will get a new heart.

“Just remember, if you get a new heart don’t forget to take care of it because the person who give it to you will be happy.” He said smiling.

“I will. Thank you doctor.” I told him.

“Hey, oppa. Not doctor.” He said.

“Fineee. Thank you oppa.” I said and he laugh.

That’s the last time I saw him.

End of flashback.

I cry when I remember about it. He always nice and being a joke with me. His like a brother to me. I know about his death because I was there at that time. I was told by the nurse that I got a perfect heart for me which is from him. I feel guilty at first to accept but he wrote a letter for me after I done a surgery.

"Dear you. I bet deep inside you feel happy when hearing the news about getting a new heart. Please don’t tell anyone about this because this is my own will. I don’t want you to feel guilty for what I have done. I know one day that I will be leaving in this world because I just got a news that I suffer from brain tumor. A chance for me to survive is rather low. That why I want to make a last good deed for my dearest patient that I really adore. You. You always be my no 1 patient and like a little sister to me. I know it sound cheesy but please accept and take care of it. I’m sorry if I have to leave first but at least I leave without any regret. Thank you you. My no 1 patient."

As I done reading the letter. I burst into tear. I feel hurt because he’s like a brother to me. I found there is another letter with a name Yoo Kyung Wan. I remember maybe it her girlfriend. I keep the letters until now. I always bring it with me hoping that I will find her and give it to her.


 

Suddenly I felt someone tapped my shoulder and I almost got a heart attack. I turned around and saw the girl earlier at the shop.

“I’m sorry. Are you shocked?” she ask.

“That’s okay. I thought I was alone here.” I told her.

“Are you crying?” she ask out of nowhere.

“No.” I lied.

“I been watching you like 10 minutes ago and you been crying. Are you okay?” she ask again and my heart is behaving weird again.

Damn it, why now.

“Ah, I just remember someone that’s all.” I told her, wait why I should tell her?

“Hmm. I always be here when I feel sad and thinking about my past.” She told me.

Why is she telling me this? Heart please act normal.

“Ah, how bad of me. I’m Jungyeon. You are?” she ask and offer a handshake.

"you.” I told her and gladly accept it.

When I touch her hand I feel shiver and my heart beat so fast and I feel the world stop for a moment. Why do I feel eager to hug her even though I just know her today? I control my feelings and desire and luckily it work.

Things get awkward because she wouldn’t let go of my hand and she just stare at me.

“Have we met before?” She ask out of nowhere.

“I think we met at the shop earlier.” I told her without knowing what she meant.

She let go of my hand and apologize to me if it make me uncomfortable. I tell her nothing to worry about it and she just walk away and disappear from my sight.

I touch my chest and I feel happy when she hold my hand tightly. I want to hold her more but we just known each other a few minutes ago. I don’t want to make any awkward between us.


That it's for today update.

I'm sorry if you guys have to wait long for another updates.

Sorry too if the story is short. *Bow*

Anw tq for reading.

Zanmoo Out .V.