Last Goodbye

Love Doesn't Leave You Alone

chapter 13

the day finally came. wonseung was getting ready to face the death. wonu also came to see wonseung for the last time. wonu came running. "do you have any last word before receiving the punishment?", the police asked wonseung. before he could speak, wonu already asked him a question. "who are you?", he asked that made all of the people there felt weird. wonseung as usual, just smiled. 

"who are you?", he asked again, this time louder. "i'm... jeon wonseung", he answered. wonu smiled. he smiled because wonseung was being honest with him. "father!", he ran towards wonseung. he hugged his father. "thank you for raising me until i'm this tough and handsome, father", he whispered. "wonu, my son. you didnt mad at me? for leaving you at the orphanage?", wonseung asked. "you're not the one who left me. it was your wife. but i already forgive her", he said. "but i was the one who told her to leave you there. i'm sorry", wonseung cried.

"it's okay father. you told my mother to leave me because you have your own reason, right?" he smiled. this time, his smile was the purest and sincerest smile ever. "i'm glad that i have the chance to see my father's face and talked to him", he said again. "i love you, wonu", wonseung patted his son's head. "i love you too, father", he replied.

"what is the title of this drama? i'm sad", one of the police in charged wiped his tears that came out from his eyes without him realizing. "yes, for a certain reason, i feel like there are sand in my eyes", the other one said. all of the people who witnessed the scene started to shed tears.

"okay, mr wonsung. your time has come. give your final goodbye", a police officer who just realized the reality said. "goodbye wonu", he waved his hands to wonu. wonu let him go. while wonseung was walking towards the death rope, wonu already left the place. he could not bear to see her father died in front of his own two eyes. "like my father said, everything's gonna be okay", he said to himself while waiting at the outside.

after 10 minutes, he went back inside. "how was my father?", wonu asked the police. "the punishment went smooth. may God bless all of good deeds he did before", the police answered. "stay strong, heart", again, he said to himself while putting his hand on his chest.

"are you jeon wonwoo?", the policeman asked. "yes, i am". "your father left a letter for you. he asked me to give this to you after he received his punishment. he was writing this letter yesterday", he said. "ouh, my father wrote this? thank you", wonu thanked him. he opened the envelope written 'to my beloved son, jeon wonwoo' with a mini heart at the side.

"my dear wonwoo, at time you read this, i am no longer belong to this world. but, i hope you read this letter until the end. my son, you grow up nicely. you become so handsome like me. but, before that, i'm truly sorry for what had happened to you before. i married with your mother at young age and she gave birth. but, i had no money to feed you guys, so i decided to continue my work with DisPle. once i started my work again, he asked me to sign the contract like you do. but i told him about my newborn baby so he would shorten the time into 15 years. he refused. he asked me to divorce your mother. he also asked me to kill you. so we decided to leave you at the orphanage. we scared if he would kill you, that was the reason". wonu started to shed tears.

he continued reading, "i'm also sorry for not telling you who am i. i already knew that you was my son even before you were kidnapped by me. if you noticed, i always looked at you at the workplace, to ensure that you're doing okay. and here is my bank account's number (86289227820492). there's some money in it for you to use. and, do you remember that double-storey house at our housing area? i already purchased it for you. what you have to do is just to pay the bill". it was already the end of the paper.

"oh, there's more", he turned to the next page. "and son, i know that you really wanted to study. so you can use the money to buy stationaries and for the fee. you can attend which collage you are interested with. study hard, kid. remember to eat chicken okay, because chicken heals our heart. lot of love, your father, jeon wonseung". wonu cried.