Chrysalis

Crossing Borders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

**

“Unnie, I’m really sorry.” Somi said after she arrived at Yewon’s apartment. It has been 2 days since she ditched the company without even telling her. “Yah! I even made an excuse so that she can still meet you in a few days.” She annoyingly said while exercising.

 

“Mianhe, I-I just.. I ran into trouble.”

 

“What?!”

 

“It wasn’t intentional!” She defended.

 

Yewon heaved a sigh and stopped the treadmill from running. She went to grab a glass of water before lying down her couch. “You owe me one Som.”

 

Somi then grinned mischievously and tackled Yewon a hug. “You really can’t resist me don’t you?” She asked while cuddling with her, Yewon giggled and patted Somi’s back. “Yeah right, now get off me and we’ll have a date today.”

 

“Finally! My awaited dinner has come!” the older one laughed and went to her room, leaving Somi alone in the living room playing games on her phone.

 

As Yewon entered her room, she reached for her heart as she felt that it was beating fast. “Maldo andwae.” She said, “Unnie! I’m hungry! Move faster!” She heard Somi yelled. She took a gulp and started dressing herself up.

 

//

 

“Unnie.” As they were waiting for their order, Yewon was busy with her phone when suddenly Somi called her attention.

 

“Tell me about your boss.”

 

“What’s with the sudden interest?”

 

Yewon asked with a frown. “You said that I’ll be meeting her in a few days right? Well I want to know what kind of person she is so that I can make myself presentable.”

 

Yewon wondered for a moment before keeping her phone to her pocket. “One thing is for sure.. She is not the person that anyone can mess with.”

 

“Ms. Hong is a cold and distant person. Neither one of us even have the guts to talk to her except if its business matters. It’s also rare for us to see her with her friends; usually she likes to be home early then comes at the office early too.”

 

“Really? Then what about her family?”

 

“She has a sister.. But they weren’t close enough. We often see her sister come to the company since there are rumors that Ms. Hong hated her sister. But Jin Kyung unnie is really nice though.” Yewon said.

 

“Is she really that mysterious?” She asked.

 

“You’ll be the judge when you finally meet her.” She said with a wink, she was about to ask another question when their orders suddenly appeared. “Waaah, mashta!” Yewon shrieked. Somi then giggled at the sight of her.

 

//

 

Jin Young stopped herself from grabbing her phone and end up calling Chaeyoung. She still remembers the exact words that the latter said before ending their relationship.

 

“I can’t do this anymore.” Jin Young was confused. “This relationship feels like.. a toxic. And I want to get out of there before it kills me.” Her words pierced deeply into her heart.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah.. Stop joking around.” She said and laughed, trying to convince herself that this is just a prank. “Look, T-this is what you wanted right?” She then showed her a small box and quickly opened it revealing the ring she bought a few weeks ago.

 

“Jin young.”

 

“No, It’s okay.. I-I know you were just.. just confused right?”

 

“No-“

 

“Chaeyoung-ah, Will yo-“ She walked towards her and was about to put the ring on her when suddenly..

 

“NO.” Chaeyoung held her hands and tried to avoid the ring.

 

Jin Young followed the ring that was thrown out onto the ground, tears were already visible under her eyes but Chaeyoung angrily yelled. “I ALREADY TOLD YOU NO DIDN’T I?!”

 

“I’m ending this now. When you finally go back to seoul, don’t even bother calling me.” She started to turn her back but Jin Young didn’t even budge a single move. She was still looking at the ring that was lifelessly lying on the ground.

 

Chaeyoung then took a glance at her. “You deserved someone better.”

 

Jin Young forcedly opened her eyes in the middle of the night. She was crying… again. And she wanted to hit herself for that; she believes that crying is for the weak. And no, she wasn’t weak. She grabbed a robe that is hanging on the backdoor and went out of her room.

 

She looked through the drawers and found one of her expensive wines. She poured a lot of it on her glass and went to the balcony. A sigh then followed after seeing the sight of the city lights. It somehow made her feel calm and found comfort.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter