Aftermath

Crossing Borders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

**

 

Yewon furiously waited for the younger one to appear, she literally had to spend 30 minutes with the Journalist and was trying to calm her down with her exaggerated thoughts. “Ms. Hwayoung-ssi.. I’m seriously going to ki-“

 

“Unnie!”

 

But before she could even complete her sentence, the writer appeared out of nowhere. She was panting obviously catching her breath. “Where have you been?” She asked and eyed her intently.

 

“Somi-ya!” Hwayoung yelped and smiled brightly. “You’re safe!” She then ran towards her and was about to hug the latter but Yewon was quick to notice and grabbed her immediately causing the Journalist to hug her instead of Somi.

 

“Could you please stop-“

 

“Aish! Way to ruin the mo-“

 

The both of them said.

 

“Yah, is there something going on here when I was gone?” Somi teased and put her hands on her pocket, the both of them looked at each other and after realizing it they immediately let go of each other. “Stop changing the subject Jeon!” Yewon hissed.

 

//

 

Jin Young banged her head on the steering wheel, her thoughts wandered around her head, she felt traumatized after seeing that beast again.

 

‘Why did he come to see me?’ ‘What important thing does he need to tell me that he ing need to drag me along with him?’

 

Those kinds of thoughts immediately ruined her mood, she suddenly wants to go home and let her mind be peaceful. She was about to drive when her eyes caught the writer still on the alley, it seems like she was in trouble after seeing her expression when she answered her call.

 

‘Sook-ssi. I’ll be leaving early today, inform me when something happens.’

 

She texted her secretary before putting her phone away and drive her way out of the place.

 

-

 

A week after that chaos everything went back to normal, Somi was still taking lessons with the Journalist while hanging out with Yewon. The CEO was much busier than ever with the offers she was receiving with the other big companies.

 

“Somi.”

 

“Oh Yes Ms. Sook?” she politely answered as the older woman called her in her office. “Ms. Hong wanted to talk to you.” She said, Somi nodded at her as she turned around to leave. Somi sighed and started tidying the things that are scattered on her desk.

 

It was actually the first time since the both of them will talk after that incident last week, and Somi was more than nervous at the thought of facing the terror CEO.

 

When she arrived at the CEO’s office, she saw the woman shaking hands with a man in suit; she then assumed that it may be one of the companies that offered Hong’s Publishing Co.

 

Somi bowed at the man as he walks out the door, she then proceeds to walk in front of the CEO’s desk and greeted her. “You may seat down.” The writer obliged and fixed her glasses before looking down on the floor. “I called you to inform that we will have a meeting with the man that you saw earlier tomorrow evening.” The CEO said and gave the writer a folder.

 

“He’s one of the biggest clients that the company has, and after submitting him your works he wanted to talk to you personally and discuss the book that he wanted you to write.” Somi kept quiet as she examined the folder that Jin Young gave her, it was a contract that the man has prepared.

 

“Is this really happening?” She mumbled as she stares at the contract in awe, the CEO looked at her for a brief moment before getting the card that was laying on the table, “This is the name of the restaurant that he wants us to meet, the time is strictly 8:00 pm. And I expect you to be on time for once Ms. Jeon.”

 

//

 

“Thank you Mr. Choi for trusting Hong’s Publishing Co. We will give you our best and meet up with your expectations.” Jin Young politely said and shakes her hands with the old man.

 

“I will write you the best story you’ll ever read that it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter