Help

Crossing Borders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

**

 

Jin Young let out a small sigh after she stepped out of the car. Her steps were heavy as she was heading to a familiar place. The cemetery, a sad smile then appeared on her face as she saw the grave of her parents. She placed the flowers she bought on her way here beside them.

 

“Eomma.. Appa..” She gently said and sat on the ground. “You missed me right?”

 

Jin Young felt her heart heaved, she couldn’t believe that after living her life without her parents by her side, and she still misses them every single day. Her heart always aches as she remembered those times that she really needed them and now is one of those times.

 

“I’m sorry if I couldn’t visit you from time to time.. You do know that your little Jin Youngie is quite busy nowadays.” Her hand then traced the names of their grave. “I miss you.. I really re-ally do.” Her voice started cracking, she really hates herself these days as she cries almost everyday.

 

At the age of 7 Jin Young lost both of her parents after their house burned down when she was at her school preparing for some event. She was almost angry at them after not showing up that day but after her grandma fetch her and her sister from school, their world crashed after hearing the incident.

 

They were raised by their grandma alone but at the age of 10 the latter was too old to be their guardian and was sent into a shelter for senior citizens, so the both of them were left in their grandmother’s house with Jin Kyung being the one who took care of her sister at the age of 18.

 

Her sister then decided to marry at such a young age as she believes that it will make their lives better. But when she married her husband the man wants to have a separate life without her sister. Jin Kyung couldn’t voice out her thoughts and that made Jin Young hate her sister so much.

 

At the age of 16 she received a scholarship for college and that made her strive for more achievements, she was labeled as the top 1 after graduating and that gave her a lot of opportunities that she welcomed with open arms.

 

“Jin Y-young-ah.”

 

She gently wiped her tears away after hearing that familiar voice. “A-are you okay?” She almost wants to choke after hearing that question, she was sick of it, really sick of it. “I am.” She stood up from sitting on the ground and faced the person that interrupted her.

 

She wasn’t surprised after seeing her sister, Jin Kyung smiled at her. “It’s good to see you again.”

 

She nodded her head and was ready to leave but her sister immediately stopped her. “Let’s talk please.” She begged but the youngest one was not having it. “I can’t, I just stopped her for a while.. I was leaving anyways.” She didn’t even glance at her and continued walking straight.

 

She would be lying if she doesn’t admit that she miss her sister too, the bond between the both of them when they were still young was always strong. But the moment her sister turned her back at her she knew that everything would be better if she closes her heart to anyone especially her sister.

 

Jin Kyung stopped the tears that were about to fall out from her eyes as her eyes followed her sister that was now entering her car.

//

 

8:56 am.

 

“Ugghh.” Somi groaned after hearing her alarm clock ring for a hundred times this morning, she was still half asleep when she reached out for her phone that is laying on the table. “Oh !”

 

She rolled her body down from her bed and quickly stood up to grab her a towel and went to the bathroom.

 

She mentally wants to slap herself for waking up late. How can she forget that it was her first day of work? Well it’s still acceptable since she stayed up late after finishing the story she wrote that will be submitted today. “But still! YOU. WOKE. UP. LATE. MS. JEON!”

 

9:45 am.

 

She didn’t have time to greet the other workers and so is Yewon as she runs faster towards the elevator, she pressed the floor that the CEO’s office was located and took time to breathe, after it stopped she immediately ran to Ms. Hong’s office.

 

She stopped for a moment, did a big sigh before knocking on the door. “Come in.” After hearing the CEO’s remark she gently opened the door and took a peek inside the room, she saw the CEO drinking her cup of tea while doing something on her desktop.

 

Finally she let herself in and put on a smile before facing the CEO. “Uh-hm.” She faked a cough, and slowly walked towards her desk. She glanced at the writer briefly. “What a surprise, Late on your first day.”

 

“I’m really so—“

 

“As I said before, I don’t accept any apologies... Especially you, Ms. Jeon.” She bowed her head in embarrassment. Jin Young noticed that she was holding a folder; she then assumed that it was the assignment she left her. “Is that the one I’ve been waiting for?” She asked.

 

Somi then remembered and smiled. “Y-yes Maam.” She nodded and handed her the folder. The CEO gladly accept the folder and flipped a couple of pages, as usual she was again surprised and satisfied with the story that the latter has wrote.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter