Offer

Crossing Borders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

**

“You may sit down.” The CEO said and led them to her desk, Yewon and Somi sat down immediately, and scared by the way she gives them a stare, especially Yewon.

 

“I called you because..” She started directly, “Of this.” She then showed them the pink folder that Somi owns, the both of them looked at each other with widened eyes. Somi was the first one to react. “M-maam, I’am truly sorry.. I didn’t me-mean to.. If you can, please give me back my folder.” She politely said and pleaded.

 

Yewon thought that it was a bad move so she silently patted Somi’s thigh. Jin Young looked at her in awe, “Sorry?” She asked. “I don’t accept any apologies Ms. Jeon.” She put the folder down and straightened her position in sitting.

 

Somi thought that she was already doomed. “I admit. I was kinda surprise when I found you on that room since it was obviously prohibited for anyone to enter.” She continues to speak. “But when I found this folder and read what was inside.”

 

“I know.. It was terrible.” Somi muttered.

 

“It took me by surprise.” She then smiled at her, a smile that offers you something good. “That’s the reason why you are here, as well as Kang Yewon for she is the one who recommended you in this company.” Yewon pointed herself. “Me?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“But I haven’t introduced her to you maam, neither giving you her name.” She politely said.

 

“I have my ways, Kang Yewon-ssi.” She answered. “So now, I want to be direct to the point. I want you, Jeon Somi, to be a part of my company.”

 

//

 

After entering Yewon’s office, the both of them looked at each other and yelped in glee, “Unnieeeeee!!!” Somi shouted while jumping around and held Yewon’s hands. “I MADE IT UNNIE!!” She proudly said. “YOU MADE IT!!!” Yewon shouted as well and hugged the younger one.

 

The two of them were happily jumping and shouting that made everyone stop what they were doing outside due to their loud voices. “What’s that? Is Yewon-unnie crazy right now?” One of the employees said. The others shrugged it off and continued what they were doing.

 

After that joyful moment the two of them stopped but was still smiling with each other, “I’m very proud of you Som, your parents will be very delighted when they hear this.” The sudden mention of her parents made the latter’s smile fade away. “Will they?” She said and slumped down on Yewon’s chair.

 

Yewon was aware that Somi and her parents were not in good terms right now, after her decision to be independent. Yes, her parents still gave her money for her everyday life but Somi weren’t even using them. She had savings that were store in her own bank account and that’s where she grab some money for herself.

 

Yewon helped her in times especially in spending some money so she can still save a lot. “Still not ready to talk to them?” She asked. But Somi shakes her head, “Writing is already a part of my life now Unnie, and if I ever go back to them.. I know that they will take that passion away from me.”

 

She was right. Knowing the Jeons, they would like Somi to be the heiress of their company. They owned a hotel business since her Dad was still a teenager, when the title was held by him he wanted that her first daughter will be the one managing it in the future.

 

And when Somi knew about that and them forbidding her to write, she snapped at them telling them that she’ll live on her own since then. She was in the last year of high school at that time and Yewon was a fresh graduate of college, they met at an event

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter