Borderline

Crossing Borders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

**

Somi slumped down her bed while sighing in a frustrated way. She kept on thinking about Yewon’s offer earlier. She folded her big round glasses and put them on the drawers before looking back at the ceiling.

 

“You should publish these as your own Som. These are all great, Wow.” She praised while reading Somi’s drafts that are scattered on her desk. “Ey, Unnie. Stop that, it’s not that great, you’re just exaggerating.” She teased and playfully hit her arm.

 

Yewon pouted for a second before putting down the younger’s works. Suddenly an idea popped up from her mind, so she grinned at her dongsaeng first before grabbing her hand and pulling her down to her bed. “Do you know what I’m thinking?”

 

Somi laughed first before shaking her head. “No. Because I don’t have a brain like you.”

 

“Yah, you pabo.” She said and hit her head. “You know where I work right?”

 

“Oh right! I remembered, Wah Unnie. You’re a bigtime now eh. Say, won’t you treat your best dongsaeng in the world for dinner?”

 

“That’s right. Your Unnie is bigtime right now.” Yewon said. “And if you want me to treat you on a very expensive dinner.. You have to do me a favor first.” She cutely said trying to appeal Somi.

 

Somi whined and laid her back on the bed. “Pass. You’re weird Unnie, so If doing you a favor will come out as weird as you are, I’m gonna pass.”

 

“You’re making me really hate you, you punk.”

 

Somi let out a soft chuckle and looked at Yewon. “Okay fine. What is it?”

 

“I want you to apply on our Company.”

 

It took a couple of moments before Somi came back from her senses. “What? Are you crazy unnie? Wah, Or maybe you’re just joking?” Yewon rolled her eyes at her and pulled her back so she could sit properly.

 

“Our boss will be back a week from now, I want to properly introduce you to her as she is also looking for some aspiring writers that will make her Company have that youthful vibe, are you getting it now Somi-ah? This will be a really good opportunity for you!”

 

Somi woke up in the middle of the night. She slept early as what she had expected so her body seems to master her waking hours. She went to her kitchen and grabbed a glass of water before sitting down on the couch. “Maybe Unnie is right. This will be a good opportunity for you Somi.”

 

As she was convincing herself, she averted her eyes on a little piece of paper lying on the small table. It was the Company’s name. ‘Hong’s Publishing Co.’ The first time she knew that Yewon was working there, Yewon’s family and so was she became joyous with the sudden news.

 

The Publishing Company that she was working was one of the biggest Publishing Company in the world; it was one of the top 10 companies in the world that became successful after a big hurdle when they were still working on it.

 

And that made Somi hesitate. Applying on a big company makes her anxiety crept up, she doesn’t know if she deserved that kind of opportunity. But now, after debating with herself, excitement rushed through her body and couldn’t even wait for next week.

 

“This is it Som. Time to live your life to the fullest.” She said and smiled.

 

//

 

“I can’t do it.” She worriedly said and turned her back, ready to leave the building. But Yewon was quick to notice and grabbed Somi on the wrist making her turn her back again. “Yah! What are you saying? Come on, the honorable mistress will be arriving soon. But for now, I’ll let you come to my office first! Kaja!”

 

Somi was in awe after seeing Yewon’s Office. “Are you kidding me right now? This is all yours Unnie?!” She asked while running around in circles. Yewon smiled proudly and sat down on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter