Kahoot

Markjae Wonderland

High school teachers AU

                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Mark sighed once he had escorted another teacher out of his classroom.

"That's the second teacher that told us to quiet down today. The next one that comes in will have to face a very lengthy lecture from me." He sat back at his desk, opening his laptop back to the previous window.

"It's not my fault that Kahoot is such a competitive game that calls for screaming at your competitors, aka everyone else."

The students laughed at their distressed teacher as they signed in for another game, the topic being Calculus. It may not sound very fun, but the reality of it all is that when you make learning a game, people will naturally want to compete to be the best in order to win. So, this was technically a method of teaching. No problems here.

A few minutes into the game and the students are back to yelling at each other and shouting out random answers to mess up everyone else.

"Green!"

"Shut up! The the Pythagorean theorem isn't made for circles!"

"I want to see how many people actually fall for it."

"As if anyone would be dumb enough to pick circles."

A minute passed, and everyone had input their answer to the simple question of "What geometrical shape uses the Pythagorean theorem to find the side lengths?"

"Alright, who chose green?"

Mark sat back in his swivel chair, laughing at his students, who were bickering about the answers. This is what he loved seeing; students having fun while learning. He just wished his teachers tried to make an effort to make learning fun when he was high school.

Just as he was about to start a new game, there was a knock on his  door.

"Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, but my students are taking a test next door. Can you please quiet down?"

This was it. This was the third teacher who had come in here, and now Mark had an excuse to lecture an unsuspecting colleague of his.

"Now, listen here--" Just as Mark was about to go off on the teacher, he paused midway as his eyes met Choi Youngjae's, the insanely attractive chemistry teacher across from his classroom, who he may or may not have been crushing on for the past couple of years.

"Of course," he found himself automatically saying, throwing in an awkward smile, which the latter returned with his brighter-than-the-sun smile.

"Thank you so much! Sorry again for interrupting your lesson." If you looked close enough, you could probably see the faintest of blushes on the chemistry teacher's cheeks, something that the sharp, onlooking students picked up on.

"Anything for you, sunshine-- I mean Youngjae! Hahaha..."

Mark wanted to die. He wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out. He wanted to ing jump out the window and run into the traffic outside. 'Anything for you, sunshine?' Why must I be like this? Mark asked himself.

Despite how embarrassing it might've sounded, Mark's self reflection time stopped when Youngjae giggled and said that he loved the nickname. His heart even did back flips when he suggested they go out for lunch together.

"Great! It's a date then."

Scratch that about Mark wanting to die. He now had a date with Choi Youngjae, and he didn't even know how it happened, but it did, and now he had to stop himself from doing victory backflips in the middle of class.

He was so happy that he almost missed when Youngjae said that he had to get back to his own classroom and bid Mark and his class goodbye, but really, how could anyone miss anything that he says? They said their final goodbyes to him, and the students were left with their Calculus teacher staring dreamily at the door with hearts in his eyes.

"Mr. Tuan, what happened to that lecture you were so fired up to give?"

The question brought Mark back to earth, and he couldn't help the heat rising to his cheeks. His students were all looking at him, some muttering about how cute the interaction between him and Youngjae was and some snickering at how love struck he is.

"It vanished, just like his dignity," joked a kid in the back, causing the rest of the class to burst in to giggles and laughter.

At this point, Mark didn't even care anymore. His date with Youngjae was his motivation to power through the teasing from his students. "I'll let that slide, since you're actually right."

"Now," Mark began, gaining the attention of the students, "who's ready for another round of Kahoot?"

 

Bonus

"You know, Mr. Tuan, I'm starting to think that you're doing this on purpose."

Youngjae was leaning against the door of Mark's classroom, his arms crossed as he stared down the math teacher, who was sitting at his desk with the cheekiest smile in existence.

"What ever do you mean? I don't think I've done anything wrong, have I?"

"So you're saying that you don't purposely play Kahoot with your kids every time my kids are either taking a test or quiz just so I can come over and tell you to lower your volume?"

"Well, I'm not going to deny that I do. I mean, is it so wrong that I want to see your beautiful face more times in the day?" And there Mark goes again with his charming smile and flirtatious words. He sure has gotten bold ever since the younger of the two had accepted his confession.

Youngjae rolled his eyes at the man's words as a smile made its way onto his face. "As much as I love seeing you, I also care about my students being able to focus on their tests, so please do lower your noise level."

"Sure thing, Mr. Choi. It won't happen again...today."

The students watched the two teachers converse a little more. A few of the girls and guys were about how they wished they had a relationship like theirs, the others were thinking of ways to tease their teacher. The rest of the class could care less and were glad that they didn't have to do any work.

"Forget about a love story revolving around werewolves and sparkly vampires. Get this love story revolving around Kahoot and high school teachers in the theaters right now."