I'm Not A Princess, So Don't Carry Me Like One

Markjae Wonderland

It is a known fact that the sunshine we all know is insecure. Whether it be his singing or his looks, he'll always have doubts about something, and one of his major insecurities, though it may not seem like it, is his weight. Despite all the times everyone told him he was average, and occasionally underweight, one look at his cute little tummy would say otherwise to him.

Now, when you're living with people who dote on you all the time and care deeply about you like GOT6, you'd know that the other members do everything to make sure Youngjae knows that he is perfect the way he is. They're all pretty extreme when it comes to doing this, but can you guess who goes just a little overboard?

"Wait, Jackson hyung. No. Don't pick me up!"

Ding! Ding! Ding!

It's the one and only, Wang Jackson.

"Don't spin me around," Youngjae demanded, his arms wrapping tightly around Jackson in an attempt to not fall.

Jackson, like everyone else, loves Youngjae and would do literally anything to make sure he feels beautiful and happy with himself. That also includes picking up his favorite otter like a princess and spinning him around to show him that he isn't heavy at all.

"Seriously, you're making me dizzy."

Youngjae's pleas to be let down were ignored as Jackson took it upon himself to spin another 10 revolutions before he realized that Youngjae looked very close to vomiting. Once down, Youngjae took some time to wait until the room stopped spinning, then he attacked the Chinese man with a barrage of slaps.

"Why do you do this everyday?!"

Jackson yelped in pain as the assault continued. "I just want you to feel beautiful!"

His eyes squeezed shut as he waited for another wave of attacks, but it never came. Instead, the younger of the two just sighed, walked away, and went back to what he was doing before he was so rudely interrupted: refilling Coco's food bowl.

Jackson frowned, for his plan didn't seem to work at all. He just wanted his best friend to feel good about himself.

At that moment, a certain American decided to walk past him. His hair was an absolute mess and his face showed all the signs of him just waking up from his afternoon nap.

"Oh, Markipooh~" Jackson called after him as he went to sit down next to the sleepyhead on the couch.

"What?" Mark's voice was still a little raspy, and he looked like he was going to fall asleep again.

"It's about Youngjae."

The mere mention of Youngjae's name was enough to jostle Mark from his daze, judging by how alert he became and how quickly he sat up.

This was going to be good.

~~~

Youngjae nearly dropped Coco's dog bowl when Mark popped up out of nowhere, the unintentional slam of the kitchen door opening so suddenly scaring the poor boy out of his wits.

"M-Mark hyung?" 

Youngjae gulped, a bubble of unease rising inside of him when he saw a mischievous glint in Mark's eyes as he inched towards him. In the background, Youngjae could see Jackson watching them with a goofy smile on his face. No matter how cute it was, it was a smile that spelled trouble.

Not wanting to stay any longer to find out what exactly was going to happen, Youngjae tried to bolt out of the room, but Mark was quicker. Before he could leave, he hooked an arm under Youngjae's legs and placed his other hand on his back.

"No, please don't pick me up!"

Just like with Jackson, his pleas were discarded as he felt himself getting slowly lifted off the ground.

"I'm really heavy! No!"

Youngjae started to panic and struggle in Mark's arms. He didn't want Mark to think that he was too heavy for him to carry. He'd rather die than suffer that kind of embarrassment.

So, what did he do?

He slapped him. Hard.

The force of the slap was enough to shock Mark into loosening his grip, and Youngjae took the chance to escape his arms and run.

"I'm sorry!"

In a flash, Youngjae was gone, leaving Mark standing alone in the kitchen, his hand rubbing his now red and throbbing cheek.

Jackson walked in soon after, his face showing just how shocked he was at Youngjae's rash action.

"That did not go as planned."

Mark wasn't mad at Youngjae for slapping him. It was kind of his fault anyway for trying to carry the boy, even though he knew how self conscious he is of his weight, which brings us to his real concern of the matter. Mark thought that Youngjae was the most perfect human in the world, the universe even. In his opinion, his weight didn't matter at all to him. He was perfect just the same. But the thing is, Youngjae can't see what Mark sees, and it's frustrating. It's frustrating, because it hurts Mark's heart, knowing that Youngjae is always fretting over something that holds little to no significance. 

Truth be told, Mark has long since made making Youngjae the happiest person in the world his life goal. So the fact that his sunshine was upset at the moment was not sitting well with him at all. He was determined to turn his frown upside down. 

~~~

"Youngjae?" Mark called softly as he knocked on the door of their shared bedroom. "Can I come in?"

After hearing some kind of muffled approval, he opened the door and stepped in to find Youngjae buried under a pile of pillows and blankets, the only sign of the actual boy being his mop of black hair peeking out from under the covers.

Mark walked over to the bed and took a seat right next to the male. His hands automatically found themselves raking through the black locks of hair, until Youngjae was finally coaxed out of his hiding spot. Though a bit hesitantly, Youngjae pushed the sheets away from his face and forced himself to look up at Mark.

He didn't say anything at first, but Youngjae reached up, his hand going to caress Mark's cheek, the guilt hitting him again as he observed the skin's slightly red tint. He gently rubbed his thumb across the skin, a frown forming as he repeated the action over and over again.

Mark simply stared at the ethereal boy beneath him, enjoying the feel of Youngjae's hand on his face and wondering to himself for the thousandth time how someone like him could ever think he was anything but perfect. He was so distracted by his face and and mesmerizing touch that he almost missed what Youngjae said.

"I'm really sorry for slapping you," he said quietly, his eyes avoiding Mark's and instead looking elsewhere. "I didn't want to be carried and possibly break your back."

It was ridiculous, really, how Youngjae's mind worked, but Mark knew better than to tread into dangerous territory with careless words. He never was good at words anyway, rather he spoke with his actions.

Mark slowly but surely peeled away each layer of pillows and blankets, until he could finally see the rest of Youngjae's previously hidden body. Then, he climbed into the empty space beside him, covered both of their bodies with the blankets, and snuggled closer to the boy, who grew warmer with each passing second. Though Mark thought it was because of the surplus amount of blankets, Youngjae would never tell him that his flushed skin was due to their close proximity. 

As if Youngjae's flustered state wasn't enough, Mark escalated their situation just a tad bit more when his hands circled around the latter's waist, ultimately pulling the two even closer than before with Youngjae pressed comfortably into Mark's chest. With how he was reacting before, one would think that Youngjae would be bat crazy at this point, but it's the exact opposite. 

Youngjae had this strange thing about him, where for some reason, whenever he smelled Mark's natural scent, he'd instantly feel his nerves calm down. He himself thought it was weird, but in that moment, with Mark's arms wrapped securely around him and his scent practically drowning him, Youngjae felt nothing but serenity.

All of his fears, worries, insecurities, and any negative thoughts he had disappeared right then and there. 

To put the icing on the cake, Youngjae downright melted when he felt Mark's lips press against his forehead. It was such a simple gesture, yet it had the power to do all sorts of things to Youngjae's emotions. Don't even get him started on the saccharine smile Mark gave him when he pulled away.

No words were exchanged after that, not that they were needed anyway. Instead, the two fell into deep slumbers in each other's arms, none of them leaving a single millimeter of space between them, and if you looked close enough, you would most likely spot the faintest of smiled on each of their faces.

If there's anything that should be learned from this, it's that although Youngjae may be an insecure ray of sunshine, Mark will always be there to give him the security he wants, not needs, because the universe knows that to Mark, Youngjae's already perfect just the way he is.