Chapter 1.

Perfectly Irresistible
Please log in to read the full chapter

A week ago, Joohyun received an invitation in her mailbox from her university, inviting ‘successful’ alumni to attend the university’s 100 years’ anniversary. Although she was proud that she is considered as one of the ‘successful’ alumni by the prestigious Seoul National University but decided to attend the anniversary was absolute, uttermost, single-handedly the stupidest decision she had ever made in her life.

So here she was, a week later, dressed in one of her best casual smart dress with some light make-up enough to not hindered her natural beauty but also make her looks mature and professional. She was just catching up with some of her university mates before she spotted Minjun headed her way and less than 5 seconds later, she spotted Yongguk also headed the same way. Both clad in an expensive tailored suit with Minjun in a grey suit, white tie and Yongguk in a black suit and navy blue tie which coincidentally matches with Joohyun’s navy blue dress.

“Um, Seungwan? Why are them two heading this way?” Joohyun nudged her friend lightly while also trying to hide behind her friend’s back.

“Who?” Seungwan looks around, “and what are you doing?” She looked at Joohyun, confused with her weird behaviour.

“Kim ing Minjun and Bang goddamn Yongguk.” Joohyun gritted her teeth and whispered to her friend, weren’t exactly aware of her own weird behaviour.

Seungwan finally noticed the two and for some reason, a big smile immediately appeared on her face as she let out a small squeal and waved her hands wildly, “Hey Yongguk, Minjun! Over here!”

Wow, could you be any louder? Joohyun thought sarcastically to herself as she ducked her head lower partially because of the stares she was receiving thanks to Seungwan and also because there was no doubt that Yongguk and Minjun were definitely heading to where she was. “What are you doing?!” Joohyun pulled her friend down and hissed.

“What? I'm just calling them over?” Her friend was even more puzzled now.

Joohyun rolled her, “yeah you only ‘just calling’ the two most desire young bachelors of our city over so casually and one of them is my ex-boyfriend by the way.” She added the last bit in with a tiny hint of sarcasm.

Her friend literally froze for a few seconds with in an O shape, “Oh my god Joohyun! I’m sorry I didn’t know you guys broke up!” She gushed, genuinely looking apologetic, “Really! I am so sorry!”

“It’s okay.” Joohyun breathed out, “How do you know them anyway?” still hissing.

“I shared some classes with the two in my senior year here and I also worked at the same firm as Yongguk and for Minjun, I happened to meet him in the court a few times,” Seungwan explained.

Right, I forgot my friend is also a lawyer with a great social skill and an attractive appearance. Joohyun thought to herself, biting her lips. Seungwan was one of Joohyun’s closest university friends but Joohyun graduated a year earlier than her friend since journalism course was shorter than law. Since then, they were both busy with their own lives with hardly any time to spare to catch up with each other. They talked from time to time and met up a few times but in the last year or so both were incredibly busy and in turn missed out a lot on each other’s lives.

“Seungwan, how you doing?” Yongguk was the first one to reach the both of them, snapped Joohyun out of her thought. Cladded in a black suit and navy blue tie, his jet-black hair pushed back firmly in place out of his face. He had a small smile on his face, his brown eyes shown such intense but it was also very warm, hands in his pocket, his confidence and authority exuding from his stance. Bang Yongguk was undeniably handsome and definitely was a force to be reckoned with, no wonder why he was named as one of the most desirable young bachelors of Seoul by GQ magazine.

“You just saw me yesterday, no need to be so formal.” Seungwan rolled her eyes at him which caused Yongguk’s lips to lifted up into a small smirk replaced the smile from before. “Anyways, this is my friend, meet the ex-beauty queen of SNU, B-”

Before she gets to complete her sentence, Minjun arrived, standing next to Yongguk, which caused the latter to shifted away subtly, with a charming smile on his face as he greeted the both of them, “Hey Seungwan, Joohyun.” That smile, that goddamn smile that Joohyun used to love so much, the smile that got everyone around him fell for his charms, now that smile just looked cunning and devious to Joohyun and she was seriously questioning her perspective of before. Love makes people blind, they said and that may be true.

Seungwan looked between back and forth between Minjun and Joohyun, unsure of what to do before she smiled politely and greet him back with a little awkwardness while Joohyun just nods toward him.

“Anyways, before you rudely interrupted us, I was introducing these two to eac

Please log in to read the full chapter